Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained (OOC and Discussion)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained (OOC and Discussio

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Ah your very good at this :) i like the triad idea!! Sounds awesome !!

part of me wanted to look for a forbidden summoning technique but i think the triad would be most effective.
you are probably right about the wave land. Though Manami is fire and earth style :) though i suppose that does not really matter haha!! Xx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm not saying that you can't do a forbidden summoning technique, as well. Summoning is used by lots of ninjas, including those that prioritize Genjutsu. In the very first Naruto fighting game, every character had three levels of special moves. One was perhaps a Taijutsu special, one was a Ninjutsu special, and some were Genjutsu specials. Having multiple special moves makes you a legit ninja, even if you only use one style, like Lee. You have a lot of options with Manami.

You've all ready said that she's good at Taijutsu. Have a Taijutsu combo, one that ends in a blow to the solar plexus, which is a weak point in shinobi and kunoichi alike. Have a ninjutsu special where you do your paralysis thing. That is Ninjutsu because it's not a physical strike and throw like Taijutsu and it's not a mental attack that manifests itself in body damage by mind over matter like Genjutsu. You could also have a summoning, because summonings are technically outside of that triad, because the ninja is not doing anything themselves except summoning the creature and ordering them to attack. That leads to your Genjutsu, which is suffocation.

Now, here's where Manami becomes special. With the Akatsuki's help, she finds a scroll that teaches her the Forbidden Technique of merging all three into a Panjutsu, the ultimate jutsu. And that Jutsu is...whatever you want it to be. At the same time that Manami finds her scroll, Chiharu finds his Weapon Master scroll, and that teaches him his original jutsu, so they both become super beasts at the same time. They're even able to compete with Jinchuriki. Then, Chiharu goes to take revenge on the Raikage, and Manami can take revenge on her naysayers in the Wave, because the Akatsuki will conquer them, anyway, and why not let the ones tied to the villages have fun?

I've planned for the conquering of the Five Great Nations, not worried about the Hidden Rain because Pain takes control of it anyway after he kills Hanzo. The Land of Iron will stay free because they are samurai and because Chiharu has something special planned for them, a reward for making him strong. It helps to mention that Chiharu will become himself again after Naruto dies, since he's no longer possessed by revenge. The repercussions for him will make for a good story after the revenge story arc has run its course.

I think that Manami embraced Fire Style and Earth Style because she was insulted by the Wave village discounting her special jutsu. She chose those elements, but knows that they are weaker than water, and that is representative of Manami's psychological state; rebelling against water but knowing that water is her true specialty. Plus, it would make for such a hilarious cat fight to see Manami and Mei (Mizukage) fight. Badass kunoichi cat fight.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Your Brain is amazing lol :) You created a whole arc haha!

So lets stick with the triad :)All three combined is an awesome idea haha. It's just thinking what it could be.

I like the Taijutsu because Manami's specialty is mostly men but this enables her to be able to compete with women.
I would like to summon something awesome. Maybe like a big cat? Lion, tiger or panther?

If Chiharu is not possessed by revenge then it would be interesting to see the path he chooses. I think Manami is led by prooving that she is a good Ninja rather than revenge so maybe she would find it difficult to understand Chiharu at first.

The mizukage and Manami would be interesting. Possibly forcing Manami to use water style in the end. I think is would be quite cool if Manami had a complete list of back up moves that include the water style because as you said she knows herself that fire and earth are weak.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah, Naruto is all about people realizing things about themselves to become stronger. People get distracted by the first series and don't always stick around for Shippuden, which is when everything becomes awesome. Yeah, Chiharu and Manami will have their differences. But ultimately, it's their differences that will bring them together. It may take a while for the grudge of the Genjutsu to wear off, but it will. It will be fun to see Chiharu's facade of cold-heartedness crumble sometimes before his natural inclination to do what is good and right.

In fact, it is the renouncement of revenge in the end that will make it possible for him to beat Naruto. Naruto defeated Pain Nagato not with his fists, but with his brain and his heart. Chiharu has both, and his understanding that his true ninja way is not Vengeance but Justice will be the thing that allows him to stand up and beat Naruto knowing that his cause is righteous. The boy becomes a man in that moment, and everything Chiharu learned from everyone up to that point will be realized when the chains on his soul break and his Chakra runs wild because he has realized who he is and has the strength to walk his path to the end. In Naruto terms, he becomes a Jonin, and the very man that everyone thought would be Raikage of his village someday. It is after Naruto's merciful death that Chiharu ends his Revenge Arc and begins the Healing Arc.

But that's enough about Chiharu for now. Let's talk Manami.

The Panjutsu is definitely a great idea. I'm going to let you think of it, because it's your character and you know what would be perfect for them.

Taijutsu is a great style to have something to fall back on, especially if you're a Chunin still trying to learn really good Ninjutsu or Genjutsu to use in battle. I like that Manami is willing to get physical, because that will help in her dealings with all of the Akatsuki, who are all physical people of one specialty or another. Manami definitely just wants to prove herself, but I think she lacks motivation in some ways because she's not sure what her motivation actually is, versus her partner who knows what his motivation is and gets stronger because of it. I think that even though Chiharu is kind of a mystery to her at first, I think that his fierce determination to get better will motivate her to find her own path to greatness, which is what being a ninja is all about. The Akatsuki more than any village is all about the individual, so as long as you fight for the organization when you're told to, you'll be fine. It's great for solitary-minded people like Chiharu, but Manami might struggle with it because she's still getting to know herself and exactly what kind of Kunoichi she is.

I think that you struck gold. Facing the Mizukage will allow Manami to have her own awakening, finding her Ninja Way and accepting the fact that she is permanently tied to Water Style. You may even have her defeat Mei with a Tri-Element attack of Earth, Water, and Fire, since the Triad is a big theme for her. Manami, Kunoichi of the Triad. I think we just completed Manami's own first arc, and we did it together. Go team.

But, yeah, Manami is a great character. I personally think that she would be great as a girlfriend to Itachi Uchiha. Chiharu has his own girl back in the Hidden Cloud, Rhea, but he has pretty much discounted her in favor of revenge. After the Revenge Arc ends, he's planning to win her heart by showing her the real him again. Maybe it would be a good time for Manami to make her move on Itachi. Or maybe I should have him move in on her ;).

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Haha :)
For now I think I may leave Manami as a sultry woman who men want to badly but just can't have.

I think because of the nature of her attacks it would be hard for her to have a relationship with any man as she knows that part of the attraction is because of her powers. The pheromone she releases is something she can only heighten but it is constantly in effect until she dies.

I think I may have her admire strong men. That way it lets you have you romantic ties with Rhea. I do think it would be quite funny if the men within the Akatsuki have bets on who she will end up with.

I like how we just made a story for Manami. Since she is a character made from scratch it was very hard to think up a story for her.
A few years ago I had my own Naruto OC but dropped her as she was far too Mary Sue but I really like creating a strong female character but giving her reasonable restraints and weakness!!!

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Naruto is not sexist. It is supposed to be filled with strong shinobi and kunoichi. I'm glad that I could help you edit a character to be more usable in an actual roleplay. It's hard to have strong characters in a roleplay because ego usually gets in the way. Nobody likes being a side character, but everybody can't be main characters or the story falls apart because everyone's jostling for position and not working together. I like strong characters myself, but I really edited Chiharu to make him really smart instead of really strong.

Being overpowered in the brain is looked upon much more favorably than in the body just because of writers as people; most of us are nerds that don't excel physically (I'm not stereotyping, I'm just saying how it is for many). Plus, realitsically, Chiharu could not have beaten any of the Jonin in a prolonged battle. He needed to stop them where he could and then get away. Mind over matter rules Chiharu, and that's why he's so strong. He's not limited in mind; he knows his body can do pretty much whatever his mind thinks he can do. The mind is the mightiest weapon, and Chiharu believes in that wholeheartedly because of Hee's teachings.

You know, I may do something like that. I think that would be a good way to keep their relationship platonic, but I am open to a friends with benefits scenario down the line between Chiharu and Manami. It might be good for him to get comfortable with the idea of sexuality before he tries to marry Rhea. A man should be confident in all aspects if he wants to win a woman's heart. I think Chiharu may be able to help her realize that she is sexy as a person and that the pheromone doesn't really matter.

Itachi, as a Genjutsu master himself, understands the struggle. Without his eyes, he wouldn't be as great a warrior as he is. Understanding the limitations of Genjutsu from Itachi and the love/friendship/whatever between Chiharu and Manami will be a good anime love triangle until Chiharu leaves it to pursue Rhea at the start of the Healing Arc. But, yes, it is much more important to prioritize Manami's nonsexual characteristics. That will help legitimize her as a Kunoichi and not just a hussy lol. We have a lot of good things here, and as long as we keep it tasteful, we can do whatever we want and make it good, though I'd prefer to not have too many filler scenarios.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Ah this is really going to be fun haha ! :)

We have a plot we just need to put it to action!
I have posted , I think this is the first time we have been on roughly the same time. It's 10 at night here, what time is it for you

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:06 pm

4:04 PM. So you're six hours ahead of me. Oh, well. You keep active, so time difference is irrelevant. I love that you love our ideas, so it's really easy to work with you and put my best stuff into action without somebody going "But, he's too blah blah" and "I want to be a blah blah blah". That mindset and people just being busy have killed so many of my roleplays that it's ridiculous. That's why I've been here five years and only managed to complete one part of a three part story. Sheesh.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm rather easy going :) I'm happy for you to put any ideas into action

As long as it's active and no one GodMods I am happy. Plus you are very literate which is nice.

I know I am probably not as literate as I am dyslexic and sometimes I don't catch my mistakes. However, you make me want to write as well as you do !!! Its a nice refreshing change !!

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't god mod. I'm too good of a roleplayer and writer to have to cheat by godmodding.

I seem to have that effect on a lot of people, wanting to write as well as I do. I usually don't think too much about my skill because I do what I do for love. I love to write. I'd love it no matter what anyone said or if money was involved or not. I prove that by writing mostly fanfictions, things I can't even make money off of without paying for rights, which are hugely expensive. You have a great base, Polka.

Writing is more about your own confidence than it is anyone else's. Write with the love of what you write about, and others will love it, too. Everyone has issues they have to work through, and writing is cathartic in that way. So many people want to be writers but can't get the courage up to write down what they want to because they're scared it will suck. I tell them, "of course it will suck, you just started. Keep working at it until it doesn't suck."

That's why I can write like I can. I look back at my earliest writings when I was 5-6 years old and laugh at how badly they suck. But I had to start with something, and now my writing doesn't suck, to say the least without stroking my own ego and completely killing the whole reason for why I do it, which is for love and not ego. Like the path of the ninja, the path of the writer is a solitary one for the most important stuff. But get everything you can from other writers you meet, because they will expose you to new ideas you might hate, or new ideas you might love and add to your repertoire.

Part of the reason that this roleplay is going so smoothly is because I did extensive research on the show in general by watching it because I love it. I also did a brief bio on Chiharu in a note book and worked out plot lines on another site. For nonwriters it's a lot of work, but I do it so naturally that it doesn't even feel like work. When you love something, it shows. So, follow your own path. I'll guide you as much as I can and cheer you on when you're ready to do it yourself.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

:) Wise words !! You just keep me on the right track and we will be fine haha

Sorry about the short post. I could not think of what to write and thought a shorter post would get us a bit further

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Don't worry about it, Polka. Whether it's you or Manami, I got this. "In Grave We Trust" isn't just a saying that I like, you know? I won't do you wrong and I won't let you get lost.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:53 pm

:D all posted

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Me, too.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 pm

I have posted again. I will post one more time after but then I am going to go to bed as its 12.30 now and I am getting sleepy :)

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then and continue this awesome story.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm

So I gave away a little of Manami's past whilst writing that post.

I was thinking that I would like Manami to make a blood pack and get a summoning jutsu
Here is a rough idea

Lord Hizoko the Fire beast

Hizoko has been a Lord of Beasts for little over 3000 years. He is rather young for a Lord but has proven himself worthy of controlling a dark domain that is scorched in fire and sand.

Hizoko specializes in amplifying the use of fire style. He has not partnered many Ninja's and never Kunoichi as he is under the firm believe they are not as strong as men.
In order to partner with the beast a substantial amount of blood must be given as payment. The blood tie created suggests that if one of the partnership dies so does the other.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Wow, that would be a pretty heavy burden to pay but a hell of a thing to release out on the battlefield. I know I'd be scared to death if I saw that thing close to me as an enemy. If that's what you want to use, then go for it. I think it would be great to see Manami use that at some point.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

I think it would be a great asset for her
However, I don't think she will use it often with the price of death hanging over her head.
Maybe in the final battle or something :P

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Posted !xD

Polka
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!