Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Kisame smiled.
"Manami, you gave it to me straight. In the Akatsuki, there is no trying to do it or thinking you should do it. There is do it or don't do it. Pass or fail."
He looked her in the eyes.

"My faith in you is strong. You have done nothing to make me lose trust in you. If you say you can do it, I believe you."
His face got serious.
"That being said, there is an aspect to his training that you must be aware of. Chiharu called me "Master", and that means something. He's trusting me to do right by him."

He crossed his arms.
"Men need a mother and a father for a reason. They need a mother to keep his heart and mind alive. All of the soft feelings that make a man a man must come from the mother. All of the tough feelings and the proving himself must come from me. But I won't be cruel to him, I promise."

Kisame extended his hand.
"He needs something from both of us. We are bound by our honor to give it to him to the best of our ability. Together, we must raise Chiharu into a man-an Akatsuki man. A real man."
Kisame felt inspired, because he knew that together, their dreams would come true, and it was all tied to one very special boy.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:26 pm

A mother. It was strange but Manami agreed that this boy was very young and probably hadn't had a mother figure for a very long time.

The fact that Kisame had faith in her helped Manami to beleive she could do it herself.

' I will try to do right by him. He must be one of the youngest to be recruited so I guess he will need all the help he can get. '

Manami looked down at Chiharu then back at Kisame. ' Tell me this. Would you have allowed him to take they Hyuuga girls eye? Surely Nagato has certain restrictions on entering villages and the destruction you leave behind?'.

It did not bother Manami whether the answer was yes or no but she was curios to how far the boy would be allowed to go as Manami doubted he would follow orders straight away.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Kisame smiled.
"To be honest, I would have let Chiharu take Hinata's eye if he could do it. Like I said, there is no try."
He steepled his fingers.
"Our organization is an enigma. We want big things, and sometimes to get big things, we have to do small things."

He looked over at Nagato.
"He is willing to let you do anything you want as long as it serves the organization's goal in the end. Our goal is world domination, so everything serves our goals. There is no morality for us except what we put on ourselves."
He looked at her.
"Morality is not the same as discipline. I'm going to teach Chiharu how to think through his actions. He needs to learn one of our credos, and that is to kill, but make it count."

"It is also sometimes more important not to kill, but to let them know that you will kill. Intimidation is power, but we must temper that with compassion. We must reward, sometimes selflessly and generously reward, those that follow us. We must punish those who defy us, but that punishment must fit the crime. We cannot be out-of-control bad guys. We must be amoral, but we must have control."

He chuckled.
"The truth behind the Akatsuki is far scarier than the image. That is why only the toughest of the tough become Akatsuki members. You must be tough in your body, mind, and heart. To do that, you must find your way, what you want. The world tells you to think of others first. We tell you to think about yourself first, but think about others, too. It's not that much difference to say, but it's a huge difference to live."

Kisame looked at him.
"The boy is honorable. I can see it in his eyes that there are people that he wants to kill, but he doesn't want to kill, otherwise. I have to take that and sharpen that into the willingness to kill if he must. If he is going to fight and kill, he must win. As a father type, I must teach him to pick his battles."

He turned to her again.
"That is why I need your help. You must teach him compassion and kindness, pierce the armor he puts up. He is strongest when his armor is down because his ego is down. We are strongest at our weakest. He will never be an honorable and respectable man if the strength he give him is not tempered with honor and compassion. He must be strong on the inside and the outside. That's basically what Itachi meant by what he said."

He looked at the boy.
"The path will be hard for all of us, hardest perhaps for Nagato, who must shoulder all of our responsibilities in addition to his. If we are going to create a world without lies, then we must do everything honestly. There must be nothing to hold us back from the cold, hard truth. The difficulties we face are staggering, but Nagato wouldn't give us the opportunity to face it if he didn't believe we could do it. We must not let him, the organization, ourselves, or Chiharu down if we are ever going to see that world, and we must do whatever is necessary to bring about that world, even if it means killing everyone who stands in our way."

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Manami still found it hard to fully understand the main goal of the Akatsuki. World Domination sounded far to restrictive and regimented. In all truth the goal frightened her far more now that she was closer to understanding it than ever.

Of course not all the members were here because they were interested in world domination, some clearly liked the rush of killing someone. Just Killing had never really been Manami's style. Though if it was neccassary she was prepared. She had killed only twice and both were men, both were rapists.

' So much death. I just wonder at what cost it will come, a heavy heart is a hard burden to carry Kisame. Even for the truly skilled. '
That moment before where the presence of Itatchi had warmed her heart reminded her of a broken man. Itatchi had carried the slaughter of his people with him all this time.

No matter. Manami had to try to get out of that mind frame. If she was ever going to excel then she would have to do all that was necessary in fulfilling the goal of Nagoto.

' Kisame do you think the Boss will be ready for us? The boy will probably wake soon '.

Polka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Kisame closed his eyes and nodded.
"Yes, and he will need the strength of a man to carry it. He's going to kill, anyway, Manami. The least we can do is prepare to handle that. His skill is irrelevant. His heart must be stronger than he is."

"A man trained to kill will kill. But a man trained to think before he kills may not kill. Regardless, he must have the strength to make it in this world, especially our world. He won't be able to survive war if he can't survive us. Chiharu must know when to put his weapon down as well as when to take it up. I'm not training him to be a killer...except when he must be to defend what he believes is right."

"A man cannot be coddled without feeling that he is not a man. A man must be thrust into a situation and succeed on his own if he is ever to be a man. We can help him, but he must believe in himself or he will never succeed. The Akatsuki has no permanent use for a boy that can only injure. They must have dedicated men and women willing to kill for them. Killing is the hardest thing in the world to do, but once he gets used to it, he must have something to keep him from going mad."

Chiharu started to stir, so Kisame shut up. If their plan was going to succeed, Chiharu had to realize that he would be doing the things that counted on his own. Manami and Kisame had to guide him, but a man must stand on his own and know that he can stand on his own. Confidence and competence are the only things that separate a boy from a man. If they were going to foster that in Chiharu, they could not let on that there was a plan. Chiharu had to feel like he was growing on his own, but feel the support and love of his mother and father figures.

Chiharu blinked a few times and shook his head.
"Damn, Itachi did a number on me."
Kisame chuckled.
"Believe it or not, he didn't mean it in a mean way. If he wanted you dead or seriously hurt, you would have been. He was actually preparing you for life in the Akatsuki."

Chiharu turned to him.
"Life in the Akatsuki?"
"Yes, a life of struggle. We are the most hated ninja in the world, and you are one of us now. Every village hates our very existence. It is literally us vs. them."

Chiharu hung his head for a moment and considered the gravity of the situation. He felt like was in a dark room by himself, but then remembered all of the people that were supporting him. His friends appeared, his Master Hee appeared, Rhea appeared, and there stood Kisame and Manami. Was Itachi able to be counted among them? Only time would tell. He looked at Kisame not with rage in his eyes, but with the fire of determination.

"I chose this path of my own free will. The path of vengeance is the only path for me. I will walk it to the end no matter what it takes. I will do it for me, and for all the people that have faith in me."
"Bold words, but can you back them up?"
"Watch and see."

Kisame stood up and turned to the door.
"Then let's go. The time for words is over. The time for action is now. Nagato will tell you what to do. Do it, no matter what it is.'

Chiharu nodded, the flame burning in his eyes even brighter. Kisame then turned to him.
"Chiharu?"
"Huh?"
"Relax. You're still being too serious. Just relax and go with the flow. If you stay relaxed, you'll be able to pull it off no problem."

Chiharu took a deep breath and steadied himself.
"You're right. I can't go off half-cocked."
Kisame nodded and entered the room.
Before them was a chair and a man with pale skin and red hair sitting there.
"Welcome," he said in a friendly tone belying his cool manner and reserved exterior.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am

Manami took the time to reflect upon the words Kisame had spoken. Whether he had truly meant everything he said or not he delivered it all in a calm and collected manner. His years of experience in the Akatsuki was showing.

Chiharu began to wake just as Manami was pushing her long red locks from her face and back into a neat bun. Kisamebegan to explain that Itatchi's method was to introduce Chiharu to the life of the Akatsuki. She still didn't agree with it, clearly this boy meant something to the group if he was getting 'Warm Welcoming ' from the Sharingon user. Come to think of it that was Manami's first meeting with him, she never had a grand entrance.

Never mind... she thought whilst Kisame was giving some pep talk to Chiharu. Manami chose to stay quiet throughout the two male's conversation, she had never been one for giving an inspirational speech. However, it had reminded her very much of her father talking to her older brother the day he had left home for the Chuniin exams. That was the last real account she could remember because after that she left the village. Manami had only been 3 years younger than her brother and was still developing her skills as a Kunoichi and it was within the time her brother had been gone that the village showed disgust in the skills she was developing. She had never said goodbye to him and wondered whether he felt as disgusted as every one else. Clearly that did not matter anymore as she was part of the Akatsuki now and as Kisame said its 'Us vs. Them'.

Manami followed Chiharu and Kisame into the room. She noticed for the first time her leaders bright hair. He was rather good looking but she could feel his pain and suffering from where she stood. Konan was also present, she stood in the far corner and nodded breifly at Manami. Manami suspected that Konan was not too fond of her being another female Akatsuki member. However, that was not going to stop Manami from finding the ultimate power and proving that she was a valued memeber.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Kisame stayed quiet. Nagato was very calm and always in control, but he never liked to have his authority questioned. Speaking out of turn or doing anything before he was ready for it resulted in a consequence, one way or another. If he was in a good mood, you were given extra work in the hope that it would chasten your tongue. If he was in a bad mood, he could activate his Rinnegan and literally pull Chakra out of you. The experience was excruciatingly painful, and even the toughest man folded to that kind of pain.

Fear certainly motivated many to fall in line. But Nagato was not some dictator that never showed a human side. Rather, he seemed afraid to. Kisame did not know what it was, but he knew that his leader dealt with incredible stress on an everyday basis. The placid features hid a mountain of pain, some of which he dealt with and some of which he probably only talked to Konan about. No man is an island, and Kisame did his part to relieve stress on him by doing what he was told when he was told to do it and not speaking unless spoken to.

Nagato regarded the three for a moment and then spoke.
"Kisame, you did a good job as the senior officer out there. Manami, welcome to the next step in the Akatsuki. Continue on this path and forbidden knowledge will be yours when you earn it. Chiharu, welcome to the Akatsuki. Your first job will be..."

Chiharu gulped. Looking at this guy, he might ask him to do something really difficult.
"...To train with the more advanced Akatsuki members. They are a diverse crowd, but you can learn something from all of them. And..."
He turned to Manami.

"...Don't forget to be good to this woman at your side."
Chiharu looked confused and Nagato chuckled.
"Every man needs a good woman he can rely on. That's why Konan is my second-in-command. She was with me before I ever even founded the Akatsuki, and I never forgot her for it."
Chiharu could feel a light shining in him.

"I can see it in your eyes, Chiharu. You know what it is to learn something from everyone you meet. Those samurai were dear to you, even as you beat them senseless. You did it because they were dear to you, because you needed a method to communicate that went beyond words and touched hearts. That's why you have a no-killing code outside of your revenge. You have morality, but you must learn to slant that with discipline."

Chiharu's knees were shaking and tears ran down his face as Nagato effortlessly pried out what was in his heart and brought it to the surface. He fell on his knees and looked at the man with pure pain.
"How do you know all of this?!"
Nagato closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again.
"Because I understand pain. Pain is a catalyst to make us stronger."

Chiharu looked at his hands, calloused and well-worn with work.
"Yes, you all ready see it. Your pain motivated you to get stronger in body. That's good. But you must allow it to let you get stronger in mind and spirit, too."
Chiharu dried his tears and stood up.

"Thank you, Mr. Nagato."
"Just Nagato is fine, thanks. Repay my kindness by doing as I ask."
"Yes, sir."
He turned to Kisame, who nodded his approval at him. Chiharu then turned to Manami, wondering how she would respond to these wise words.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 pm

The atmosphere in the room started quite cold. A fear flickered through the air like a candle holding on to it's last light. It was strange how one man could drain all emotion from the room.

Kisame was staying silent so of course that meant that Manami was to keep her trap shut. She followed by his example and simply nodded here and there.
The main focus was clearly Chiharu and all Manami could do was back him up, though she did secretly hope that Nagoto would give her another clue to the forbidden techniques. However, he only mentioned it briefly.

Manami was surprised when Nagato told Chiharu to be good to her. He almost compared her to Konan which made Manami think she meant more to him than what he was letting on to.

She watched Chihuru's reaction, he seemed confused. Of course he had only just Manami and he did not seem like the most sociable of people but Manami understood exactly how a good partnership worked. She placed her hand gently on the boys shoulder, saying nothing but her soft lips curled into a gentle smile. She wanted him to know she would be good to him if he was good to her.

It had been funny how Nagato had been able to pinpoint how distressed Chiharu was feeling. The boy had been brought to tears. This led Manami to grip his shoulder tighter, as a woman she hated seeing men upset. It must have been that mothering instinct that Kisame was talking about.

The boy then seemed to look at her, as if asking her to contribute something. In all honesty Manami had no idea what to say. She took a long breath.
' I promise within every inch of my body and soul that I will protect this boy. I'm sure that we work as an equal partnership and learn to work well together. Pain is a strong driving emotion but hopefully some of my influence will help to numb that pain and change into the discipline you speak of' . Manami then bowed her head.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

That was all Manami had to say. Chiharu embraced her and clung to the fabric of her robe. He was not crying, but he needed this closeness. The bitterness, the pain, the isolation....it had all made him miserable. Being a ruthless avenger means nothing if you treat the people who care about you like they are meaningless. Avenging the loss of someone you care about on people who deserve it is a cathartic thing...but dragging those who never did you wrong into the wrong end of your pain is foolish.

"Manami...Thank you."
This was all that was needed to be said. The rest would be shown in their growing relationship. Where that relationship would go as Chiharu matured into a man was anyone's guess, but he knew that it would be a good relationship if he treated her right. For the first time in his life, Chiharu had a complete family. Parents, siblings, and grandparents, even.

As long as Chiharu did his part, he would grow up just fine. Instead of a boy seeking vengeance, he would be a man seeking justice. The path would be long and difficult, especially in this world where strength of all kinds is needed to prevail and survive. Gaara, the Raikage, and Naruto were all ahead of him on that path, and if he was going to become strong enough to beat them, he would have to work just as hard as they had. He knew that this would worry Manami, but he had this. He knew what he needed to do and would be fine.

Chiharu let go of the hug and smiled at her.
"Have no fear, partner. We'll get through this just fine."
He turned to Nagato.
"Supreme Master, thank you."
He bowed in respect, which Nagato returned with his head.

"You are all free to go."
Kisame left the room, leading the two out of the room. He turned to Manami.
"You might want to hang back. This is gonna get rough and you probably won't be able to handle it."
Kisame began walking away, letting Chiharu catch up in his own time.

Chiharu turned to Manami.
"You're free to come if you want. I'll be fine, whatever happens. I have people in my heart that give me the strength to bear what I on my own might not be able to."
He began walking purposefully after Kisame. The boy had grown into a teenager, and was now seeking his own path to manhood.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:56 pm

The boy hugged her. Initially it had shocked her. Manami was not expecting that kind of reaction from him but if she was honest she appreciated his acknowledgement.

Once they were free to leave Kisame gave Manami a warning that she may not want to attend the boy's training.
' I would not be a very good partner if I left him here at the first hurdle. If you don't mind I would like to observe the tactics used by the other members. I have not seen any of them in action yet '

Manami knew that this was going to be tough on Chiharu, he was offering for her to come along and she knew that she had to go along. Part of her wondered whether he realised what kind of training he was to put through. Manami had never fought against the other members because Pain had recognised her as an established fighter from the start.

' Chiharu I have confidence in you so don't let me down ' She smiled in jest and gave him a wink but once his back was turned she threw a worried luck at Kisame.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Chiharu followed Kisame out onto the field. The other Akatsuki members had all ready gathered, including Tobi. Basically, every male except Nagato was here to assist in his training. Itachi had apparently known about Nagato's intentions from the start. The boy was nervous, but he knew he needed this. Kisame turned to him.

"You will spar with each of us in turn. This is going to be rough, Chiharu. We're going to give you about half of what we got, so be ready."
Chiharu nodded and eased into a stance, drawing his kunai blade. It did not do any good because he got punched really hard in the jaw from the side and was sent rolling across the ground. As his foot came down, he regained his balance and stood up, only to see Kakuzu on him like a flash.

The second punch landed full on in the face, slamming him into a tree, which cracked under the force. He had just regained his balance when a kick from Kakuzu sent him through that tree the rest of the way. Sprawled out on the ground, Kakuzu planted a foot on his chest and held him down.
"I thought Hidden Cloud Chunin were better than this. You sounded better when you fought the Hidden Leaf."
"You...surprised me."

"Tough shit. You're gonna be surprised out there. You can't know everything, you can only adapt to the situation. You're not adapting and that's why you're losing. Have more confidence in your own abilities. That was less than half my speed and strength, for crying out loud."

Kakuzu took his foot off of his chest. He then extended his hand, and Chiharu reached out to take it. This earned him a swift punch to the face that put him right back down.
"Never trust the enemy, Chiharu. Even kindness could be a trick. Try again."

He extended his hand once more and Chiharu slashed at it with his kunai.
"Good, but you were swinging that wildly. Swing it with intent and you'll be much more effective. Had you tried to cut my hand off just now, I would have had to be faster. Your enemy may not be expecting it at all and may lose that hand. Sucks to be them."

Kakuzu began heading toward Kisame, his part done. It was his partner Hidan's turn.
"Well, Chiharu, your blood is mine."
"What?"
Hidan came forward and stabbed him in the shoulder with a needle. His blood spurted out and he groaned in pain.

Hidan then caught that blood with his Chakra and threw it in his face, blinding him.
"What the-"
Hidan kneed him in the stomach and then punched him in the jaw to knock him down.
"A skilled opponent will use your own body against you if you let him."
Chiharu got up and rubbed his jaw.
"Got it."

Sasori approached and loosed his puppet.
"Many ninja out there have unorthodox fighting styles. No one can know all jutsu, so you must just focus on what you can do to make your situation better when faced with something new."
Chiharu nodded and waited.
"Are you coming or not?"
"What?"

Sasori sighed.
"You're not thinking. I'm not a Taijutsu guy, I'm a Ninjutsu guy. I don't always strike directly. This is both my sword and my shield. Attack me and I'll teach you how to get past defense."

Chiharu took a deep breath and broke into a full ninja run with his arms spread backwards. His kunai blades were in both hands. As he got closer, he knew he would have to get around that puppet somehow. Going around it, he was almost on Sasori, who did not appear to be paying attention. Suddenly, a back fist got him with a light tap in the face.
"What-"

The puppet then picked up Chiharu and slammed him to the ground hard.
"The Sand uses the principle of Aikido, strong defense to prevail over weak offense. You did exactly what I wanted you to do, but that's okay. Everybody tries to get around the puppet the first time. Sometimes you can't get around, you can only go through."
Sasori sheathed his puppet and walked away.

Sasori's partner Deidara swooped in, acting all cool.
"What's up? I'm Deidara."
"Nice to meet you," Chiharu replied.
"Yeah, you won't think that after this."
He tossed some of his detonating clay at Chiharu's feet and it blew up, causing him to go in the air.

While Chiharu was in the air, Deidara grabbed a detonating clay owl and flew over, slamming Chiharu back down to the ground with his hands.
"I don't really have too much to say that Sasori didn't all ready. I definitely would lose the 'nice to meet you' thing. Whether they surprise you or not, they will definitely kill you if given the chance. So kill them first at best and don't give them the chance to kill you at worst."
Deidara walked away.

Kisame turned to them.
"I think that's good for now. Give Chiharu time to think about these things, and he'll face the rest of you later."
The members nodded and walked away to tend to other things. Kisame approached him and extended his hand.
"Training's over, you can trust me."

Chiharu grabbed his hand and got pulled up.
"You weren't kidding about it being rough. That was intense."
"It's the Akatsuki way, kid. Do or die."
"I'll remember that."

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Kakuzu had been Chiharu's first opponent and the only one Manami could face watching. She left not long after he punched Chiharu in the face after offering him help.

For the past hour she had been told to act like a Mothering figure. How the hell was she going to cope if they beat the living daylights out of the kid. This was not the path she chose....well Manami didn't really have a path in particular but she hated feeling like some kind of pathetic woman.

It was not so much the fact that she felt helpless. It was anger. Here she was looking after some kid who was getting the training he needed and she was sitting like a moron worrying about him.
I bet they think I am fool....I bet they think I was only brought to seduce him and get him here....

That was truly the last straw, Manami's mind had overworked itself so much that she had to go and let out steam. She still could not understand what the Hell was going on but she knew that she needed to go and get some experience of her own.

It was not a far walk to the small clearing that Manami had spotted on thier way back from retrieving the boy. She remembered thinking it would be a great place to train on her own if it was needed.

There was a large Oak tree in the centre of the clearing, that was now her target. She knew she could not practice her genjutsu but working on her Taijutsu would not only help her clear her mindbut perfect her technique.

She started with a few simple high kicks. Each landed in the same spot. It was this kind of training that taught her balance but as she gradually landed one blow to the next she began using her bare fists.
After a few swings Manami became hot so she removed the large black jacket with the small red clouds before hitting the tree with such a force that she surprised even herself.

A few leaves fell behind from the blow she delivered, in no time at all she was making the relevant hand signs to create a small rain of fire that incinerated each tiny leaf. It was almost like a game.This continued for thirty minutes. Manami would beat the tree rhythmically until leaves fell and she burnt them to a crisp

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Kisame and Chiharu were inside the cave eating some food.
"So, how was your first Akatsuki training session?"
"It was awesome! I got tested in ways I never even thought possible. I got my butt kicked this time, but I'll remember what they said and do better next time."
"Then you'll get stronger in no time."

Kisame put his food down for a minute.
"When your whole being is focused on one thing, there's no way you'll fail."
"Thank you, Master."
Kisame reached out and flicked his nose.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"You're still being too serious. I'm gonna flick your nose when you do that from now on."
"Oh, like hell!"

Kisame continued to poke at him, and Chiharu dodged it. He didn't realize it, but Kisame was actually training him. This whole thing was meant to test his reflexes in a way that was not serious. Chiharu did not realize that he was training, so he was learning and improving without realizing it. Kisame finally stopped and went back to his food.
"You have fun?"

Chiharu nodded with a broad grin.
"Yeah, that was fun. My Taijutsu reflexes really came in handy there."
Kisame smiled knowingly and Chiharu saw it.
"Oh, I get it. You were testing me."

"Yep, and you passed. Good job."
"Thank you."
The two ate in silence and then left the table.
"This is going to be even rougher, Chiharu. Itachi is fighting this time."

Chiharu looked at him and smiled.
"I think he has the best intentions in mind for me."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Itachi is your partner, right? That kind of make him my uncle. I think he's just doing what he thinks is right to make me strong his way, in my mind."

Kisame was very impressed with Chiharu's perceptiveness. By saying nothing, Kisame was letting Chiharu do his own thinking and letting him come to his own conclusions. This was very good. No matter how hurt Chiharu got, this was going to be a productive day. The wounds were being left on the body, not the mind and spirit. Kisame's plan was working perfectly, but he knew it wouldn't always be this easy.

Chiharu took his place, and the first to pop up was Zetsu.
"Hiya, kid."
Vines entangled him and he felt his body being restricted.
"Not the best position, is it?"
Chiharu said nothing, but pulled his kunai.
"Here I come!"

Zetsu was going to punch him, but Chiharu had all ready sliced through the vines with his sharp knife. As he came in, Chiharu did a back flip and kicked Zetsu into the air. The other Akatsuki members were staring intently. The kid was learning from what they had said. Chiharu wasted no second jumping into the air, ready to use his Taijutsu to score a finishing blow on Zetsu. However, his plant-like foe had also kept his head and adapted to the situation.

"My lesson, Chiharu, is to expect the unexpected."
Flower-like extensions opened on his body, and pollen sprayed into Chiharu's eyes.
"Ah!"
A vine uppercutted Chiharu and then wrapped around his leg before slamming him into the ground.
Chiharu stood up and dusted himself off.
"Man, I was so close that time."

Tobi raced out onto the field.
"It's my turn! I'm really going to put on a show!"
Chiharu eased into a fighting stance.
Remember that ninja like to use tricks. He may act like a goofball, but he wouldn't be in the Akatsuki if he didn't know what he was doing.

"Minefield Jutsu!"
He began racing forward, and Chiharu flew through the air to land a superman punch right on his mask, which caused him to drop to the ground unconscious while the mines exploded harmlessly. The other Akatsuki members looked on in exasperation.
Maybe I gave him too much credit.
Zetsu came forward and chuckled as he dragged his partner off of the field. Itachi stepped forward, and Chiharu smiled.

Now I can get serious. It's time to show this guy just how much I've improved just today.
Chiharu did not take a stance, knowing that the attack would probably not be physical.
He wants my mind to be strong. I think I understand what you want.
Itachi brought his hand up, then activated his Mangekyo Sharingan. Chiharu stared right into it, letting it go into his mind.

In his mind's eye, he could see Itachi again. He was coming fast, so Chiharu stanced up in his mind.
From here on out, it's a physical fight. This is where I have to fight him mentally as fiercely as I would fight him in body. I can't let Itachi down!
Chiharu rushed at him back, his eyes fierce with determination and kunai blades in his hands, meeting Itachi in the middle with a weapons clash.

Itachi just stared at him with placid eyes, holding the shunt. He then pushed Chiharu back and sheathed the sword.
"That's all I wanted."
The Genjutsu was over and Chiharu felt light-headed but good. Itachi had walked away without saying anything, but Chiharu knew that the Sharingan user was impressed with him. Kisame stepped forward, having saved the best, and hardest, for last.

"Well, Chiharu, it's my turn. Be ready."
Chiharu got down into a stance.
"I won't take it personally if you hurt me. I know it's for my own good."
Kisame smiled and dashed forward. He swung Shark Skin, which Chiharu dodged. This was definitely a new situation for the young ninja.

He had dodged many swords in his six years of hard training, but never one this big. The weight made it slower, but also made it more intimidating. Thankfully, his Master wasn't out to kill him. With Kisame's skill and that sword, he knew he would have to be careful. As Kisame swung the sword, Chiharu jumped and balanced himself on the blunt end of the sword.
"Sorry about this, Master."

He slammed his elbow against Kisame's face, then gave him a good kick to the side. Kisame reached out and grabbed him, but Chiharu rolled his body so that Kisame was off balance. He grabbed the wrist and the elbow and slammed the arm to the ground.
"Got you pinned."
"Do you?"
He used a substitution jutsu and came down with the blunt end of the sword.

Chiharu side rolled out of the way and closed his eyes to avoid getting dust in them when the massive sword landed. Chiharu kicked him in the face, sending him rolling away. Chiharu drew his kunai and approached Kisame. The warrior turned the sharp end of the sword and swung it vertically at him. Without batting an eye, Chiharu raised his kunai and blocked it before kicking his hand to make him let go of the sword. He mounted Kisame and held the weapon at his throat.

"I disarmed you, Master."
"You did. But you forgot about my jutsu."
Chiharu looked down and saw the hand pressed against his chest. Before he could jump back, he was enveloped in a Water Prison.
Chiharu sighed.

"You got me, Master. I still need to work on Ninjutsu."
"You need to work on all of it, but Ninjutsu seems to be a slight weakness, still."
He let him out of the bubble and put his arm around him.
"The boy did well?"
"You trained him well, Kisame," Itachi said.
"No, he trained himself with my words in mind. That was all him right there."
Chiharu glowed in the praise, then remembered Kisame's words from earlier.

"Let's go celebrate. Find some strong ninja and kick their butts."
They all chuckled and headed off.
"Hey, where you guys going?"
"They've got duties to take care of. There's no time for them to celebrate."

He hugged Chiharu close.
"But if you still want to beat on some strong ninja, I know just the place."
"Let's do it."
Kisame took his arm from around him and began walking with him side-by-side. They had bonded on a whole new level today, and he felt kind of bad testing him now. But he had to know how he was in real combat, not just sparring.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 am

Manami grew tired of beating the bark of the same tree. Yet she kept going, beating it harder and faster.

She had not noticed that because she was beating pressure into the spot of the tree it was becoming weak and began to creak. She still kept going beating the tree senseless even though it had no way of defending itself.

The sweat was dripping from Manami so she paused for a quick drink. The water was cool and refreshing, so much so that Manami poured what was remaining over her head.
The cool water water sizzled as it ran down her back, with the amount of heat Manami had been releasing raised her natural temperature by quite a bit.

CREEEAAAAKK... SNAAP

The tree began to fall. The large oak tree gave way and hurtled to the ground directly where Manami had been standing.

The large trunk hit Manami hard in the head. Well it would have if she hadn't been aware of her surroundings. Manami quickly used her substitution Jutsu bursting into red rose petals that were crushed under the weight of the tree.

Manami appeared with her back against another tree. Her arm had scraped against a branch and was bleeding lightly. Great ' she thought before taking out a bandage from a small pouch that fastened round her waste.

She began to delicately wrap her arm in bandage.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Kisame and Chiharu had been walking for several miles. His was not that tired, but he was starting to wonder where exactly they were going. The approached a village, but Chiharu did not recognize it.
"What is this place?"
"The Hidden Rain Village."
Chiharu snapped his head in his father figure's direction.

"Third Great Ninja War Hidden Rain?"
Kisame chuckled.
""There are not too many people that remember that, anymore. I'm surprised someone your age even knows about it.'
"My parents were killed in the Third Great Ninja War."
"And the man that probably did it runs this village."

Chiharu clenched his fist, trying hard to fight the tide of emotion welling up within him.
"Let it out, Chiharu."
The boy shook his head.
"No, this is no time to be letting my emotions get the better of me. You brought me here for a reason. What was it?"

Kisame chuckled.
"Nagato wants this village. The Akatsuki has been trying for weeks to assassinate Hanzo, but he knows he's a marked man and is rarely seen in public. Thus, we're going to draw him out."
"And if he does come?"
"He won't."

"What do you mean?"
"I should say that he won't, yet. Only Nagato is capable of the kind of damage that will draw him out. We are here to thin out the resistance. That way, when Nagato does make his move, it will be that much easier for him to take control of this place."
"By 'thin out', you mean 'kill'."

Kisame turned to him.
"That's exactly what I mean. Up for it?"
"No way, Kisame. You know my Code."
"Your code can't be inflexible."

"What do you mean?"
"Your Code holds you back too much. You don't even want to push it. The Akatsuki demands you push it. Wound, but don't kill. Maim, but don't kill."

"But wounding and maiming could kill."
"They'll wound or maim you if they get the chance. These guys are even harder than that, they will kill if they get the chance. You have allied yourself with a faction that everyone wants to see destroyed. Are you going to let them destroy us, or are you going to destroy them instead?"
Chiharu remembered the dark room, and all of the people standing around, including Uncle Itachi.

"I'm going to destroy them. The Akatsuki is my family now. Nobody hurts my family without going through me first."
"You're ready. Let's go."
The two jumped into the Hidden Rain, knowing that all hell was about to break loose.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:57 pm

As Manami wrapped her arm tightly in fresh bandages she heard a scuffle in the surrounding trees.

Crap... Of course the tree falling created a loud noise that had probably traveled quite far along to neighboring villages.

Manami took a few steps forward. They were probably already watching her, whoever they were. She presumed Ninja's from the Hidden Rain doing some scouting work that were intrigued by a large tree falling.

She had been careless, if the Hidden Rain were in the area and found her they would surely know the Akatsuki were around.
Luckily Manami's black jacket was tucked neatly in a bush, so hopefully they would presume she was just a ninja training.

' You might as well come out because I know you are there ' She yelled bracing herself for an attack.

Instead three young men and one older man stepped out from behind Manami. On closer inspection she sense a powerful Chakra coming from one of them but she was not sure which.

' What is a beautiful woman like you doing all alone in the woods. Are you a spy.. one of the younger men blurted out. He received a smack on the back of his head from the older man who took a step further towards Manami.
' I'm sorry Young Lady what we mean to say is we rarely see other Ninja's in this area. If you could just tell us your business we will be on our way '.

Manami could have easily lied to the men. Though she doubted they would believe her since one was holding on to his Kunai as if it were gold.

' Gentlemen. I do believe whatever I tell you that you are going to choose not to believe me and attack anyway. Men are quite predictable when it comes to defending their village.'.

The young man holding his Kunai lunged forward, Manami quickly took his leading arm with both her hands pushing down allowing her to flip over him. Once landed the older man grabbed her long red hair and pulled hard.

Manami was not one for pulling hair.
' You should of pinned my hands not my hair ' She then made the relevant hand signs to amplify her sticky skin and Pheromone.
The man hit the floor.

The three younger men had circled Manami which had clearly been the plan all along.

They had formed a substitution circle around her. She knew they had planned on sending her back to the village for interrogation so she had to think fast. She could feel the cut on her arm throbbing, her scalp was stinging from the hard pull it had been given from the now unconscious old man.

' Fire style- Flame drop' SHe yelled making the relevant hand signs before three great balls of fire camecrashing down in the surrounding.

Each male ninja dodged the attack easily, the actually found the attack quite funny because it was never going to hit them when she announced it like she did.

But

Manami was much more clever than she let on. Once the smoke from the flames had settled she was not standing between the three young men anymore. In fact she was no where to be seen. In fact there were no more trees or bird song.

The whole surrounding was now a dark room with a faint candle light flickering and there was girls. Lot's of them.

It was all part of the Illusion and each man fell easily into the new erotic dream land that Manami had created.
Then she appeared, her long red hair flowing and only just covering her naked breasts. Though everything else was on show.

The three men were now all standing in a group together and Manami was in front of them.
' You can touch if you like.' She whispered softly ' But please forget you ever saw me here '.
All three men nodded in unison and they all put their hands forward as if to touch her. Manammi embraced all three of them until they were in a deep sleep.

Back in realist all four men lay unconcious and none of them would know where they were or what they had encountered with Manami. Though she would remember all to well.

She put her Akatsuki Jacket back and headed back to base to warn Nagato that the Hidden Rain were nearby.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Kisame and Chiharu landed in the center of the village. Instantly, they were under attack. Kisame smiled and turned his blade, sweeping it so that it cut a few literally in half at the waist. Chiharu was less brutal, drawing his kunai to stop another kunai blow. He kicked that same one in the knee to distract him, slashed him in the stomach when he was distracted, then punched him in the face to knock him away. Two other ninja were coming, so he did not panic and did what was natural.

One came in with a Taijutsu blow, so he jumped and rolled his body over his back. As he was coming over, he threw about four kunai at the other ninja. Not seeing it, he took all four to the chest and stomach and fell to the ground screaming in pain. He did a back flip to dodge a blow from the first ninja and did a ridge hand to the neck to knock him unconscious. Kisame was besieged by three ninja, all of which he was holding back with his massive blade.
"Kisame, use your Water Prison!"

Kisame nodded and encased himself in the protective covering. Chiharu then made some relevant hand signs.
Exploding Kunai Jutsu.
He then jumped into the air as the bag of kunai blades appeared. He landed on the roof just as it exploded, safely out of range of the attack. The distracted ninja were wounded by the flying blades, falling to the ground.

Kisame lowered the blade.
"Good job. You held to your Code and still got the job done."
Chiharu landed and began walking forward.
"Still more to do."
Kisame caught up with him and walked by his side.

"Don't get too far ahead of me. The Hidden Rain are devious. This direct attack is just the beginning of their resistance."
"Should we get some help?"
"We're more than enough."
"But, what if--"

Kisame looked at him, and Chiharu shut his mouth.
"Just trust me. Block out all the worry and just handle it. We'll be fine, no matter what they throw at us. We're Akatsuki, so we're stronger than them where it counts. Just remember what Itachi told you, and you'll be fine."

Chiharu's mind flashed back to Itachi, so resigned, yet so insightful.
"You're right. I can't let him down. Not here, not anywhere."
"Our family expects much of us. Let's not disappoint."

Chiharu nodded with determination, and the two took off running down the street. No longer afraid, Chiharu effectively dealt with any attackers that showed up on his side of the street. Kisame had no trouble slicing through anybody, wielding that giant sword like it weighed nothing.
They stopped as a large group of men appeared in the street, one looking almost amused.
"An Akatsuki scum and his protoge. How dare you come to the Hidden Rain."

He turned to his men, then back to them as he threw his hand forward.
"Kill them!"
The men began to surge forward, and Kisame turned to Chiharu.
"This is all you, son. Make me proud."
Chiharu nodded and assumed a stance.

Ice Style: Ice Storm Jutsu!
He slapped both hands against the ground and a torrent of ice spikes began to come up, impaling all of the men in ways that were painful but not fatal. Kisame began walking forward.
"Their boss is too advanced for you. I'll handle him while you keep us from being interrupted."
Chiharu drew both kunai and kept a careful vigil over the entire area while Kisame stood across from the Hidden Rain officer.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

Manami was running low on energy. She had used a lot of genjutsu in the last few hours plus she was now bleeding from her arm.

She entered the hideout and came across Sasori who was working on his puppets. The red haired man peered over to her and noticed her arm.
' I did that to myself. ' She muttered.

Manami knew very little about Sasori of the red sand, though she did admire his work as an artist. He patted to the seat next to him, so Manami sat. Working with poisons Sasori had became quite adept to treating wounds.It took little over five minutes for the throbbing to stop in Manami's arm.

He stayed silent for the most part. Manami could tell he was a quiet man he gave off that kind of aura. In fact when Sasori began to speak it unsettled Manami.
' That partner of yours... It seems he will play a vital part in our plans.' Sasori let off a half smile before finishing up.
' He is a strong boy. ' She replied
' Strength does not always win the battle. Strength can often end a battle quickly which leaves no room for art. Sometimes it is those that blossom in secret that create the best kind of art.'
' Perhaps you are right. You and your own partner are both lovers of art, perhaps we could trade secrets '.

She smiled but Sasori simply nodded. It was at that moment that Tobi had ran in. ' Manami-Chan, Sasori-Kun. Nagato wants to speak with you '.
Clearly Tobi had considered himself quite close to the two by the way he named then.....

Both Manami and Sasori made their way to Nagato.
As they entered the same darkened room Nagato began to speak.
'Manami I hope your run in with the Rain Scouts did not bother you too much. I would have sent back up but you seem to handle yourself quite well'
' Thank you boss ' She replied still confused to why she had been called.

'I have sent Kisame and Chiharu to the village Hidden Rain. I want the two of you to go up and assist of necessary. You will both know if your help is required. Use your instinct'

Sasori and Manami both nodded before leaving. She was still confused, surely Kisame could handle himself.

The two traveled little more than seven miles till they were both sitting in the trees outside the village. Sasori had brought Scorpion with him in case he was needed.
Manami turned on her Pheromone so both the other member of the Akatsuki would know they were there in case they needed them.

Sasori turned to Manami placing a cold hand on her shoulder ' Nagato has sent us here to receive the forbidden scroll. It has a water Ninjutsu that is very strong that he thinks may come in handy for you... Kisame and CHiharu can keep the village distracted whilst we infiltrate'.

Polka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Kisame unwrapped Shark Skin a little, making it clear that he was going to be fighting for real. The Hidden Rain Jonin took a ninja stance, with his legs apart six inches, one arm hanging down, and the other grasping it at the elbow.
"I've killed worse than you, Akatsuki scum."
"Just shut up and fight."
The Jonin came toward him, moving from side to side so fast that he was a blur.
"Multi-Attack Jutsu!"

Kisame swung the blade in a wide arc, cutting through the after images only to find that the real him was not there. He raised his sword and blocked an attack from above him, then kicked him in the face when he tried to do a back attack. He turned and continued to smirk at him while balancing the humongous sword on his shoulder.
"Those ninja you fought were weaklings if that was all it took to kill them."
The Jonin turned to him and smirked.
"I was actually trying to go easy on you, kill you without much effort."

"My footprint in your face probably just told you that was a bad idea."
The Jonin chuckled.
"Fine, I'll get serious."
He did some relevant hand signs.
"Water Style: Acid Rain Jutsu!"
The sky developed a purplish tint to it and the rain turned purple.

Kisame simply put his hands under Shark Skin and let the massive sword shield his whole body like an umbrella. The sword ate Chakra, so an attack caused by Chakra would have little to no effect on the sword. Since it was his own jutsu, the Hidden Rain Jonin sprang forward and closed in with his kunai.
"I got you now, Akatsuki!"
Kisame reached out and trapped him in the Water Prison, smiling with amusement.
"No, it I that has you."

He did a relevant hand sign.
"Water Shark Jutsu."
A shark made entirely of water appeared in the water prison and began viciously eating the Hidden Rain Jonin, all while Kisame watched in amusement.
"A day may come when people stop underestimating the Akatsuki. When it does, you can all stop dying such horrible deaths. Until then, I will kill anybody that stands in the way of our family's goals."

Chiharu saw Kisame use Shark Skin as a shield against this strange jutsu, so he got indoors. The buildings were insulated from rain, and this acid rain was running off, too. Chiharu sat and watched how masterfully Kisame fought this Jonin, although the gruesome final blow was a bit hard to stomach, given his predilection to avoid killing. He could sense Manami and Sasori's Chakra entering the village.
What are they doing here? On their own mission from Nagato?

He watched as the rain turned back to regular with the death of the Jonin.
This is some heavy stuff. I guess this is what it really means to protect somebody...
He gripped his kunai tightly, wondering if he could ever really use it to kill, even on the people he was sworn to. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath.
Sasori...Manami...Keep each other safe.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:24 pm

A water style....

Why the Hell would Manami want that. It was almost as if Nagato did not know her at all....

Yes she her natural affinity was with the Water Element but she had vowed never to touch it because it was linked so heavily with her own village.
But an order is an order....maybe Nagato had other purposes for the scroll. Plus any Jutsu was good jutsu...

Sasori noticed the acid rain falling from a the sky. Clearly Kisame had already begun his work. Now would be the best time to move out and head directly into the village.
' The scroll is hidden the center of the village. It won't be as heavily guarded as most of the higher level Jonin will be sent to defend against Kisame'.

The two red red heads headed into the village. Getting past the elite's on the front gate had been easy. The dosage of Manami's Pheromone had confused them enough for the two to go past unnoticed.

The streets were empty. Most had retreated into their homes because of the Akatsuki attack.
The two ninja hastily made thier way through the streets. Sasori had led most of the way because he had been briefed by Nagato .

' Kisame and Chiharu or ahead. Let's take to the rooftops to avoid being seen. The idea is we stay hidden '.

Manami nodded and followed her partners lead along the rooftops.

Polka
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!