Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Vengeance Unchained

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Thu May 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Nee smiled back at Mizuki playfully and continued to harvest what was needed. He had become accustomed to the way she brushed off small playful chat. Ironically, it was part of the reason he enjoyed her company.

It was at that moment, with a swing of rage, the entrance to the cottage blasted open in such aggression.

Nee stood in shock as the man he had once fought with alongside his sister hung at the entrance of Mizuki's home. It was as if the world around him has stopped and began working in reverse.

The pain and the anguish all rushed back and streamed down his face.
It wasn't until the man started shouting that Nee noticed the bright red hair that hung in Itachi's arms. It was a bittersweet reunion.

He screamed Manami over and over again. Yelling uncontrollably.
Well at least that was what his mind allowed him to believe.
In reality, he stood motionless and unmoved. All that emerged was the tears and nothing else.

Shock had forced him into a catatonic state. The sticky Aloe plant had fallen to the floor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True Grave on Thu May 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Itachi nodded as Dr. Mizuki assured him that she would save her. Her piercing green gaze met his own as she asked him about Manami. He became alarmed as she talked about her own life being taken if she healed her.
"Don't say that, Mizuki. No one's dying on my watch!"
Itachi clasped Manami's hand in his, her skin cold to the touch.

"Her name is Manami Tsukino, and she's in the Akatsuki, like me. She is also the woman I love the most in this world. I knew that she loved me, too, but to think that she would..."
Tears formed in his eyes, but he brushed them away. This was no time to give in to despair, not as long as she still drew breath.
"Somewhere in this world is a young man named Chiharu who also loves her like a sister, and she must live for his sake, as well."

His head whipped around in shock as Mizuki addressed another man in the room, someone he hadn't even noticed up until now.
"Nee...?"
That name jogged his memory, and he remembered facing down a Hidden Mist ninja, scarring him in retaliation for him hurting Manami. It was clear now that this was her brother, who had been searching for her all this time. He seemed to be comatose, in complete shock at seeing his sister like that. Whatever their past, the two were no longer enemies, and Itachi turned back to Mizuki.

"You're wrong, Dr. Mizuki. You fulfilled your promise, for this woman who I love with all of my heart is also his sister. For his sake, too, you must save her."
His eyes became determined, the same Itachi who was among the best of the Akatsuki.
"Tell me what I must do to heal you once this operation is done. Don't even think about not seeing the sunrise tomorrow, Dr. Mizuki."
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True Grave
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat May 11, 2019 6:01 pm

The redhead forcefully shook off another rising bubble of jealousy at how Itachi spoke of the young woman he had brought before her. She mentally chided herself for having such foolish and rude thoughts. Stupid.

Her attention was drawn away momentarily as a slight thud met her ears, prompting Mizuki to turn towards the source. Some of the aloe had fallen to the floor as her would-be apprentice dropped it in his shock.

The questions never had a chance to leave her lips as Itachi's voice filled the room once more. So this was Nee's beloved sister. What a convenient and unexpected coincidence.

A soft, somewhat pained laugh escaped her, a sad smile on her face as she returned her focus to the girl she was healing and her favorite patient. It was admittedly heartwarming to see the family reunited and especially flattering to hear Itachi declare his resolve to help her. How on earth could he be a truly bad person- a criminal hated by the shinobi world?

"You truly are a kind man, Itachi Uchiha." She remarked while gracing him with a smile, sweat beginning to soak her skin and breathing getting more painful. "Seems I was correct when I first met you. You are not an evil man by any means, no matter what happened. I have looked into an evil person's eyes; you do not have the eyes of a murderer'."

Looking back at Minami, she considered the question, not once pausing in her work of absorbing any illness and injury the woman carried. "In any case...I do not know if you can make such a promise, though I appreciate the kindness. I have never taken the injuries of someone so close to death as this, so I cannot say for sure how I will do..."

Mizuki coughed, a splatter of blood landing on the table beside her patient as she sank into a chair, feeling more of her body succumbing to the damage.

"It is true I can heal anything, but as you see, I must take it myself. However, I do have the ability to afflict illness or injury upon anyone as well if I choose ..." smiling ruefully, she turned to face Itachi and stop him before he spoke. "But no, I will not pass any of this to you- otherwise her sacrifice will have been in vain. So unless you have the ability to bring me to a surgeon right away, or have other enemies and individuals after your lives for me to pass some of this on to, then please do not worry about me. Besides, it would likely take dispersing the damage among multiple parties to ensure survival."

Resting her hands directly on Manami's chest now in order to spare her energy holding them up, she shook her head gently. "And I've said it before, haven't i? You don't need to be formal with me. " Mizuki coughed again, wincing at the growing pain as her eyes began to blur with blood.

She didn't feel right having Itachi address her so formally. She wasnt officially taught the art of medicine. It was her father passing on his knowledge, endless hours of self-study, and a natural affinity that granted her this power.

stealthpanther
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True Grave on Sun May 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Itachi closed his eyes and softly shook his head. He had done too many evil things to be called a good or kind man. No matter what acts of kindness he did now, they would never erase the blood of his clan that forever stained his hands. He just didn't want anyone else to die, especially not for him. Itachi was tired of the killing and the bloodshed. If he never held a weapon or fought again in his life, that would be just fine with him.

Itachi opened his eyes and turned to Manami, noticing how her red hair seemed especially vibrant against her pale skin. Her injuries absorbed from him were extensive, and now it seemed that Dr. Mizuki would have to take them upon herself in turn. Guilt stabbed at his heart as yet another woman ran the risk of dying over him. When blood was spewed from Dr. Mizuki's mouth, he knew he had to do something. He would not let these two noble women die, no matter what it took to save them. Itachi nodded at her words, his eyes burning with determination.

Itachi did actually know of a man who would be able to save Dr. Mizuki. He was an underground surgeon of great renown, but he was very costly. He didn't really trust him and so didn't use him much, but he would if it meant saving her life. Itachi had saved up quite a bit of money during his time in the Akatsuki, and he would use every bit of it if he had to. His thoughts were interrupted when she said that he didn't have to be so formal with her. They had spoken of this before, but Itachi respected her and so he found it hard to do so.

Mizuki was not looking so good, so he prepared to rush her to get help as soon as he could. He knew where to find the surgeon, and the shortest route to get there. If he could possibly do it, he would keep both Manami and Mizuki alive. A small smirk appeared on his face.
"If you make it through this, I'll never address you formally again."
It seemed like such a small thing, but in matters of life and death, there were no such things as small things.

True Grave
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

It all happened incredibly fast.
One moment he was cutting up a plant- the next his poor sister was next to death in the arms of the man that Nee assumed had stolen her away from him.

When reality set back in, a blurring image of green Aloe jelly across a stone floor forced its way into Nee's vision. His eyes locked towards it- daring him to look away and see the true horror that had erupted in Misuki's practice.
He looked up at the door again but no one was there. He heard the faintest muffled sound of voices and turned his attention towards it.

Mizuki stood above Nee's broken sister- taking the many wounds on to herself. Itachi stood emotionally to the side. A cascade of Mizuki's blood dashed itself across the floor- as every internal injury from Manami clung to its new victim.

What happened next was purely reactional. For a moment Nee forgot about his sister lying on the table- and instead focused upon the woman he had shared his time with over the course of the last few months.
Lunging forward, he placed his arms around her waste and locked his hands together.
She was beginning to feel cold.
He knew she would hate his arms around her and he knew how passionately she liked her own space. Yet, he felt a strong desire to help her live- alongside his sisters life- she was someone he cherished, because she had helped him live on without his family.
' Take what Chakra you need from me, let me help you share this burden so that we may all survive'
He spoke in a rather forceful tone, that suggested 'No' was not a valid answer.

From the short time he had spent alongside the Doctor, he had learnt that one could share the burden of injury with another healer. However, Mizuki had taken on most of the extensive wounds- meaning she would still need to heal and see a gifted medical nin.
' Come on Mizuki- let me help! Take whatever you need'.

Polka
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!