Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Need a mentor for Roleplaying

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Need a mentor for Roleplaying

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairi Yajuu on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi. Kairi-chan's never used a roleplaying site before but I've been roleplaying for years with my friends and sister via email and texting. So, I'm not sure how this works. How to find the right roleplay for me. I know that if I make my own it will never get noticed and thus no one will join, but I want to find a world that has enough people so conversations can flow like they do in real life. I want my characters to be able to breath but also have strict rules that the world abides by.

Oh, and I've never done an Original RP. I've only ever done what this site calls 'fanfic RP's' and only once have I ever been an original character. Because of this, I came to this website where I figured everyone would have their own original character. It would be nice to be able to RP in fanfic worlds as well, but I want to start with something original.

So, TLDR; I'm a loss cause who needs help finding where I belong on this website.
I'm a little pervert, yes I am~ Here is my brain and here is my pen~ If I get all steamed up, I will scar. ... Let me know if I go too far~

=~=

[color=#0000BF]I like to use chat RP style so don't hate me if I get excited and use that instead of paragraph.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kairi Yajuu
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: Need a mentor for Roleplaying

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twain Solemnheart on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 am

Kairi, let me know if you're still looking. I'm new to this site but I have been roleplaying for quite some time and have done almost nothing but originals. Your concerns are very common place in the realm of roleplaying, and I completely understand. If you still get back on and check this from time to time, please, send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to talk with you and help you along with your writing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Twain Solemnheart
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 pm

You like fandom roleplaying, huh? Well, I got together with a few friends of mine and made a Pokemon setting within The Multiverse, and we need more players in order to expand it to include places from the new X and Y games.

So, you game? :D

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nmorgan on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 am

me nether and i need s partner to help me

nmorgan
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gen12132 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:50 am

Im really looking for someone to help me with role play I am pretty new and I am interested in rp fights but I have alot of trouble describing my characters and describing action also I need help with the rules in general like what powers can be used and what can't also how would I limit those powers so they aren't op.... I don't know what else to write but I just need help to polish my rp and at least have it sound good and ubderstandable..... if you are interested I am on kik at all times so just ask for the kik.

Gen12132
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!