Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Need a mentor or mentors for certain areas.

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Need a mentor or mentors for certain areas.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Okay, so I am going to make this short and simple, hopefully.

I would like a mentor that can help me out in terms of writing out personality and history. Also, writing out a plot, too.

If I can find a mentor or a multiple of mentors, that'd be awesome! My writing skills get me by but are not to some of the standards of roleplay I join. If that makes sense.

All and all, I just want to be a better writer!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Need a mentor or mentors for certain areas.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey Dumisa! That happens to be the fields I'm particularly good at!. I'd be more than happy to help you out with them. I took a look at some of your most recent characters, and you seem to have creating personalities down pretty well, along with extensive skills at making profiles. Is it just the writing down the personality and history that you struggle with, or is it the coming up with it?

Overall, you look like a very good roleplayer. I didn't look in depth just yet, but you clearly have the ability to write a very good quantity each post, and your profile for Raquel Lewis is very thought out. I assume other recent characters are the same as well.

As for the plotting, what's your current method of plotting a story or roleplay out now? I'm more than happy to help you figure out how to plot, and to help you with practicing plotting something out.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Hey Demi! First, I thank you for your kind words in regards to my writing. But I just think that I am not giving people enough to go by, you know?

But I have a problem coming up with personalities and history then writing them down. I tense up and be like Uhm, alright. Yeah. Then do not even write out half of the time or enough information is not given to make them pop. LOL.

Coming up with a story and a plot is my biggest issue, to be honest. I've written up some stories and plots before but Uhm, let's just say that those roleplays never went far. Haha. But if I can get help with coming up with a story and plot, that'd be awesome and epic!

Thanks. :)

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 pm

It seems that I'm about a month late to the party, but I'd like to offer my services as well, Dumisa. I've been writing for a very long time, and I've learned that when I can't invest in my characters I can't invest in an RP. To that end I've come up with a few different, quick ways to brainstorm and jot down information.

All I ask is that, in return, you use the website's default font and left justification; it's difficult for me to read your font choice and center justification.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!