Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Need to be trained

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Need to be trained

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune chan on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:28 am

Hi the name is Kitsune chan. You can call me Kit. Its been awhile and I need to be trained.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kitsune chan
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:55 am

What would you like to be trained in? I will not say I am the best Rp'er here, and not in the least the most talented, but I can RP, and I do understand the rules of RP and follow out with the quite finely.

If you wish for a trainer, I would say I am the best bet, due to the fact I am on every day, about five times a day, so it would benefit you, knowing your trainer is here to keep an eye on you.

If it means anything, my character is in the GT and fighting the leader of this site, Rameaus.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune chan on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Yea well I fight with swords. Okay I need to explain my character so you'll know what I need to be trained in...

The name is an anime character but its not exactly...that character.

Basically I use swords. I stiill have my old rp character from an old roleplay I used to do.

Which I just kept.

In my old one Sesshamoru was my trainer then. But he kinda sucked.

So I really Don't know the areas I need helped in.

I'm a wolf demon. In my old roleplaying form I looked almost like a girl virsion of Inuyasha.

I have the ears and claws, well you get the point.

But I just need help in fighting, and controling, and rules, and tips.

You know stuff like that.

=]

Kitsune chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:22 pm

I should probably post a new thread, but I need someone to teach me basically, how this all works, because I have lots of questions on just the concept of it, not actually writing out fight scenes, I'm okay at that.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Well, I'm not too shabby with swords and weapons. But I would have no problem training you with control and such over elements and how to fight.

And Zee, I can give you the general idea of a post.

Basically, you describe your characters movements and actions, keeping it tied in with the other characters movements. So others can create an image in their head of whats going on.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:23 pm

Yeah, but is the point actually to have your character WIN the fight? If so, I don't understand why anyone would ever lose? Like, do you make it reasonable, and just kill off your character eventually if it's fair? Because that's what I would do.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:21 am

Alright, a fight is based on your characters ability and range of attack.

It's pretty much a percentage based idea. If you can easily dodge it, you have the choice, but if it seems extremly hard to avoid, take some damage, if not all.

But as I said, it's a percentage. Not one character is invincible.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shounetsujigoku on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:58 am

I'm in agreement with what SWAT Calibur put forth.

Shounetsujigoku
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:50 am

OK, if you would like a full overview of Forum/TB fighting, you can see Cattivo's Complete Guide for Forum Fighting.

I think that should be the first port of call for both of you; should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune chan on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:28 pm

When can we start?

Kitsune chan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Umn..
We could start now, but so everyone knows I am training you, go to the "Clan" forum and click "Join" on E-SWAT.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Alright, well you've be accepted.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.