Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

I'm new and asking

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

I'm new and asking

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CTDChris on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:35 pm

Hey guys im enw and i can't wait to post. But heres the thing. My character, how do i edit whut he looks like? How do I Chose a gundam or
MS? How does anything around this forum work?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CTDChris
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:50 pm

Lol.. as for the character, i got lucky with the images. as for the MS/gundam.. be rich.. thats all i can say

I'm poor, I can afford one of the MS... but im not crazy enough to buy it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:02 pm

Basically, you decide where your character is going to start (Earth or Colonies) and what side he's going to fight on. As for creating/choosing an MS, you can design your own in the Custom Submissions forum, or choose from the list of Gundam W MS. To get your MS, you need to save up credits that you accumulate via IC posts (longer, detailed posts get more credits)

In order to get up to date on the story so far, I recommend that you read Melika's topic on the timeline.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:17 pm

Well, first and foremost, you should be familiar with forum or chat role-playing. If you're not, ask around and we'll get someone to coach you.

Second, you'll notice that in your post on the left-hand side you'll see the number of credits you have at the moment. Since yours says you only have 40 right now, i assume most of yours are in the bank, or you stupidly gave them to someone.

The credits are used to purchase clothes, weapons, and other such items, even gundams or mobile suits. There's a link at the top of the page that says "Character" if you click that (on some browsers it doesn't work, i reccomend using Mozilla Firefox for this, don't worry it's free and it works) you'll be able to see all the things you can currently customize your character avatar with. Since you haven't bought any clothes yet, all you'll be able to pick are eyes and hair and maybe a cigarette.

There's another link above "Character" that says "Shop" click Shop and you'll be given links to several of the shops located on this forum. In these shops you'll be able to buy clothes, weapons, gundams/mobile suits, and other various items. Not all items available for purchase have icons made for character customization, but some, such as the clothing, do. We're currently working on making the weapons available to be customized into the equation.

Now, mind you, mobile suits are expensive. The cheapest one is a Leo for one million credits. So save your money and earn as much as you can. The most basic way to earn credits is through posting. I don't recall the exact amounts, but you earn a specific amount of credits, such as .5 or so, for every character in your post. You get more points if you start a thread, and you get, I think, 20 credits for every reply to your thread.

As soon as you start roleplaying, you can get a job, or make a job, anything that you think people would pay you credits for, and trade them what you have to offer for credits.

That's how you buy things and earn money.

As for playing, you can play on the forums after establishing a home (Colonies or Earth) and then establishing a character. We don't require any character profile, since this is all limited to the Gundam Wing universe and most of your items must be bought to have. As I stated in the beginning, if you are unfamiliar with chat or forum role-playing, please let someone know and we'll arrange to have you taught.

If you have any more questions, please let me or any of the other admins or mods know and we'll be glad to assist you. Zach's also a nice guy and when he has time loves helping people out, don'tcha Rendar?
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:45 pm

>.> You know.. i just now learned how the Credit system worked through those last to posts.. however i still dont know how the Bank is supposed to work.

Btw Andy.. the cheapest is 800k and its one of the desert suits that backed up Quatre... Magnac or somethin along those lines.

nother thing, you only seem to get credits from certain areas. I know a good portion of my posts come up saying i "received for the post".. Just like that... no credits or anything.. but i'll stop talking now

This is for Chris to get acquainted with the Site! not a veteran rambling on about how the credits work!

anyways.. Again! welcome CTDChris! Enjoy your stay!

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:51 am

I believe Eric took the advice during the last Admin discussion and implemented changes in the way credits are given to new members. New members will get 250,000 credits every 5 posts until they reach 20 posts (Totalling to 1million credits by the time they reach 20 posts).

Also, you can only receive credits on posts made in any of the designated ROLE PLAYING areas (Meaning any IN-GAME areas). Out of character and out of game areas do not generate credits for posts.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:05 am

Lies! The vet forums produce Credits, as well. =P

But the rest, is accurate. Why, you might ask? So you don't earn money for spam. And if you spam in an RP threat, you will get flogged and thrown into RPG Boot Camp, so it's a relatively effective deterrent.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:33 pm

And by threat, he means thread. =P

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CTDChris on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:11 pm

Ok so how do i put on my cloths and how do i pick which side id like to join?

CTDChris
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:35 pm

Sweety, you've got clothing on your person, so I take it you figured it out. As for joining sides, I would just go through and look at the different topics and see, which interests you or pulls at your 'soul.'

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CTDChris on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:16 pm

ok thanks

CTDChris
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:50 am

yea i figured out how this much of the credits part works

I'm not sure if im taking sides.. So remember theres always that option of the annoying neutral person that can show up on the battlefield as the unexpected reinforcements!!!

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.