Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

New Blood

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

New Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:21 pm

Yeah i'm new to the forums but not roleplaying and I find myself as one of the better ones here.

So I want one of the best roleplayers in this community to take this challenge seriously. If you do, post your template, i'll choose the setting and post my template as well as the opening.

Good luck.

Name- Choulyn Bul-Kathos

Age- 999

Gender- Male

Likes//~Fighting
~Strong Willed
~Godlike powers
~Dark Weather
~Food
~Disruption

Dislikes//
~Holy
~Good Weather
~Confident individuals

Appearance- http://www.webster.edu/~cschmitz/wel...ges/kenfan.jpg

Arnaments~Blade of Alramon- Also known as The Blade of Last Hope, this blade was forged for only one reason, war.This was the last known weapon of the Terks, used in the war of All End. Made of a metallic substance wrapped in a coating of Aida, it was known to have a deep power lurking inside. This hasn't been seen as the true power of blade won't be revealed without a deep connection with its wielder. It resembles a sword that the samurai's used but larger in appearance. The hilt is lined with a dark maroon also layered with white markings upon the mighty blade.

Falthos' Gloves- Disregarded as banned to the Boureiverse, they were made by his father's own hands. They were suited with the powers to in simple terms rearrange molecules and atoms, or smaller particles of existence. This would in turn allow him to manipulate inorganic material and even organic at a level that hasn't been seen. The gloves are a dark red, almost black. Small chains wrap around the wrist. Each finger has a small robust layer of depth to the gloves.

Bul-Kathos' Miniscule- A hardy shield to say in the least. People are confused about its apperanace, as it can take the form of the wielder's emotions. But plainly it is a round shield, equipped with a small phoenix marking abreast the face of it. The handle is made with easy access and has several slots in the back for whatever satisfaction it suits you.

Anger- The shield will change into a large barrier that forms around the space of Choulyn.
Fear- Very small in size, almost spherical and the size of his fist. It turns a light blue, but is hardly used.
Confidence- Turns into a spiked shield, lined with five inch nails on each side. A large metallic bubble surrounds the face of the defensive mechanism.
Other- Turns into something that resembles a tower shield. It is fairly large but as light as a feather, only as strong as any blade could be used. It looks layered with small wooden pieces and coated with a gold lining. The outer edges curve in somewhat giving it a curved nature.

History- Choulyn was born a God, under the mighty father of Falthos. This god bore another child, in fact three others. Two girls, and two boys, including Choulyn. These five were the beginning of the Boureiverse. Each were given a certain ability. And they used each to their will. A gift from their father. Choulyn choose to create his own planet, where he began his life.

The planet was named Deitraion. It was lush with life, thanks to Bul-Kathos. He took an interest in creating his own castles, marvelous buidlings. He spent most of his teen years on this planet, until he grew a bit power hungry. Within this time, he was crowned and bore himself a wife. Why at such an early time? Well they didn't go by a normal age system. Instead of years, their age was bore by how many battles they won. After a certain amount they were given privilages. And Choulyn had gained this gift.

In only a year after his marriage he raised an army, one that would see to take over the planet he had created. Being a god and all of course he could just wish it as his, but his father saw fit to limit these powers to a minimum and nothing to the extreme. So he abidded this, and took his army to the far edges of Deitraion. He would win a few, but not too much longer and his army saw disadvantages to other technology. He was on the losing side and anger began to fill. With his almighty abilities he wished all armies away but a consequence was bore. His father accused him of abuse and he was sealed within a small world underneath the Boureiverse.

This place was the very center where the source known as Aida flowed. Aida was in simple terms, our word for ambience or air. In the Boureiverse, gravity was their source of life and Aida served gravity's purpose of holding the universe together. It was a strong force, and it had to go through this area, to restrict its power to a minimum as well. If it were released within the verse at its current power, its suction would be too much, and it would create small voids that would eventually take over the Boureiverse. This small realm was also a balance in the Boureiverse with the upperworld of the universe the other part. The Boureiverse works with an equilibrium. Everything must be in balance, meaning that one couldn't attack with something special, because it would disrupt the balance. If this were done it would be negated to make an equilibrium again.

After centuries of being sealed within this underrealm, he grew curious. Instead of letting things go like natural he took a liking to this Aida. He ran himself within the stream of this source and it took over him like a plague. Like a virus attacking a cell. It overpowered him, but he didn't die. Instead the power took control over his being and he was now able to use this Aida to serve himself. He found himself a new manipulation of this gravitational force. Small voids were created with a flicker of his fingers. Vortexs with a blink of the eye. He was unstopppable now.

Angered by his Falthos's past decision, he choose to stand up to him. He escaped this realm and meet with the bearer of the Boureiverse. Choulyn fought, while Falthos only wept at his sons transformation. How could he do this to himself? Choulyn had gained an incredible amount of power and in turn sealed the Almighty within a black hole.

Bul-Kathos had became the god of the Boureiverse now, and this became bourdensome upon his siblings. His sister, named Deira, talked to him, and influenced him to allow her to bring him back to his past to change things. They wouldn't be the same without their father and would become lost. Deira had an amazing gift that he would now gain insight upon. This "gift" allowed her to bring people back to past events and possibly change events, that could lead to a new current future. While in this process, she hadn't gone back far enough and Choulyn was brought to the part where he inhabited the Aida for the first time. Without him knowing what he was doing, the power scrambled from within and fused with his godly energy. This created a cataclysmic effect.

A dark void, opening like a black hole formed within the middle of their universe. The intensity was so great that the verse itself become one with this hole. It took a turn for the worst......

Bul-Kathos woke up only to find things different. Not just different, but almost completely opposite. Regular forms that resided on planets were those of spirits. They were somewhat still in their human forms, but instead of looking physical, they looked spiritual. Everything had become this ghastly form, even himself. Magic in the realm had a different effect. Fire would be that of ice, and vice versa. Also the balance effect no longer took a turn for the good of the universe. Another effect known as the disruption effect took place. Instead of creating a balance, the universe would have to be in a constant disruption with a spell. So if an opponent used anything type of magic, it could be used, but if an opponent used an attack of his own to create a balance it would be negated. He was baffled at this and found the only normal thing was the ambience. Aida was still the form of gravity, and gravity their supply of air. But questions still aroused him. What about his siblings? His father? What had he actually changed?

Sol Tal-Rasha, his brother, had taken a turn on an evil path, creating his own planets. These planets become destructive willed. Only to take over his fathers place and do his own will within the Boureiverse. Was it now his duty to take down his own blood? He didn't bother for the moment. His brother was only scheming, maybe in time he would have to worry about it all. But as he grew on this matter, he realized he had all his powers plus they few he had been gifted with by his sisters and brothers, but he wasn't almighty now longer. His godlike powers had been deprived of him.

Once a god, now nothing.....

Bul-kathos, was in the midst of the planet Tolerance. A wastelful land. Filled with thieves, people on the edge of death, and those seen in nightmares now that this was a whole different verse. Clans of all sorts lived on the brink of competition. Somewhere upon this land laid a magical pair of gloves. Gloves of his own father Falthos. This attire gave anyone the power to scuplt and dematerialize. These were used by Falthos alone to scultp the Boureiverse into what it was. It didn't take him long as he knew the essence his father had, and the gloves grew in power with this essence. He found them atop a cliff, hidden in the depths of a cliff. Another expansion in knowledge and power, his brother found him and confronted him with Choulyn's new power.

He wished to take it from him, but being as stubborn as he was he wouldn't give in. Instead he would take the beauty of death with him. He was killed by his own brother and sent to a realm of the dead, Seken-Relian. A haven for those who have died but not yet given up hope of obtaining life once more.

On the better side of his life, Falthos was there to greet him. There was a new threat within their own home. The flipping of the Boureiverse in turn, changed a few to gods, and took his powers. This clan known as Vekiah-Ten. The united with Tal-Rasha and planned to take over the verse, and control Aida to a supernatural rate. They even held Deira hostage, planning to extract her powers and use them to manipulate a chaotic force. Even if they did, they didn't know the full extent of chaos and would kill many innocent lives. Being given a new life, it was up to him to prevent them.

Tal-Rasha and Vekiah-Ten resided on his former planet Deitraion. It was completely changed. Everything with high technology, armies residing in every area seen on surface, and people treated like slaves. Making his way back to his former kingdom he found out, tragically that his wife had been killed. On her finger, she still held their wedding ring. Engraved was "Stone of Kathos." Angered by his lost love he focused on killing his brother. Destorying everything he created. In this moment a sigil grew from the ring. As he continued to focus, his belief came true. Almost passing out from the extension of power, what he believed came true. The world around him, was destroyed almost upon sight. A wasteless land. His thought's now becoming reality? Un heard of, but he had done the impossible in the blinkof any eye. This was hinted to be something called thought-formancy. He enjoyed this power and begin to feel power hungry once more. He wouldn't let it take control of him anymore though.

He was once a god but could kill one just as easy.

Theme Song- Trivium/ Like Light to Flies

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Re: New Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Is everyone scared or is inactivity really common here?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:43 am

I will quite happily fight you. You claim to be one of the best RPers here, but I have yet to see any actual RPing from you; so I am somewhat dubious.

What I also find rather disconcerting is the fact that you claim your character was born a God. And, despite finding your character's profile too much to read for just a fight, I read no further than that.

I will make it perfectly clear, right now, that I will not tolerate God Modding in any sense.

You asked for one of the best in this community in terms of RPing, and as such, I place myself forward. I have no current profile for the character I will be using - Saladin Akara - But then I don't see a need to post a profile for a fight.

I am guessing this is a Fantasy style bout, and as such, you can make your stance now.

And, to make it quite clear, I have no fear of you. If anything, I find your statement of being the best here quite amusing to say the least.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:20 am

Oh really now and whys that? Because my character was born a god? Well if you actually read which is something you need to do if you want to know my characters skills and weaknesses, then you'll know he's no longer a god. Don't critique my character and myself just because I haven't roleplayed here. The only reason I haven't is because you have a crappy system in which you go by.

I've roleplayed on better forums and will declare myself as better than most here since I've read several battles already done here and they seem rather......dull, lack of creation.

Anyways the only advantage you have here is the fact that you have sort of a different system. Anyways i'l declare the setting and have the opening post when I get back from work later today.

Good luck.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:40 am

After reading your post out of boredom and the fact I was on my lunch at work; I still stand by my statement.

And, you state to be the best role player here, yet you judge that based only upon the battles you have read. You may or may not have failed to realise, but the Battle Arena is under a completely different section to the Role Playing Games, that being the Text Based Fighting section.

Why is this, you may ask? Simple enough. Text based fighting is not the same as Role Playing.

Either way, I will reiterate my earlier statement about not tolerating God Modding, and unless you can play them with a certain finesse and style that I feel you are lacking, a fair number of your character's 'skills' could easily be classed as Modding.

But, presumptions aside, I will see how you deal with your character's God like abilities.

And, may I also take this opportunity to offer your luck back to you, as I don't want it, nor will I need it.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:59 am

This site is really geared more towards people who are interested in roleplaying rich storylines with multi-dimensional characters. I think you're right - you're going to be hard pressed to find any worthy fighters here. I'd recommend The GT League, as there are a large number of fighters who've listed matches there from a ton of different sites, so it's a good place to find other sites and fighters.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Forget it Lord Saladin. As Remaeus said, its going to be hard to find good roleplayers here and I don't think your one of them with that attitude of yours. I might waste my time with GT league, not some text based shit. Seems kind of boring having to have styles and whatever. So later.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:25 pm

I really must laugh at you.

It would seem that you are now the one who is scared. So far, you have showed no true skill in RPing, or even writing, and have come here with an attitude that quite plainly stinks. Have a look around on the forum, find my posts, and you will see my level of skill. And I mean in more than just the Battle Arena.

And, just so that you know...

The GT League IS text based fighting. :D

And, just to make you aware of your obvious misconception of my meanings when I said "style and finesse". I was not talking about a particular style of fighting, but more along the lines of, and I am dropping this to the very basic of levels, despite being more words... "You have to be VERY highly skilled to be able to use such abilities without God Modding."

Hope that clears up that particular point; and at the same time, I look forward to your stancing post.

Or, will you end up as just another wannabe who can only talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, falls over like a drunkard.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Limitless wrote:Forget it Lord Saladin. As Remaeus said, its going to be hard to find good roleplayers here and I don't think your one of them with that attitude of yours. I might waste my time with GT league, not some text based shit. Seems kind of boring having to have styles and whatever. So later.

What I said was that it would be hard to find good fighters here. We have a plethora of amazing roleplayers.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:37 pm

Alright Lord I don't know about this text crap but i'm going to have a post up tonight.

Just for the sake of not making us further look like dumbasses, i'm going to stop harassing you.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:51 am

[Eh sorry if it's a little short. I'm hurting for time. So this is what I have for now.]

A superfluity of blood.

This aroma filled the ambience with a horrid stench. It served its purpose to make you squint in displeasure. But this was common in this area. Blood never ceased to run dry. War continued for ages in this commonplace. A large deserted area. Several huts still stood tall, but rigid from treachery served on this battlefield. Death mixed with this scent to cause a larger aversion.

Swords and bullets were flung left to right without any sign of serenity. Anger filled these pulses and their attacks flew wildly, destroying innocent objects in the process. Choulyn leaned upon an edifice. One that hadn't been touched. But the hypocritcal fact about it was that it stood in midst of all this abolition. Not a single scratch had been laid upon it. As if a force surrounded this structure repelled any force of harm. But there would be times that several bystanders would attempt to thrust any type of shitty weapon into his breast, whereas Choulyn would counter with a flicker of his sword and do the same to the soldier.

It surely was a sight to see. He smiled as he saw so many people end their lives for a variety of reasons. Ones he didn't tend to care for. He jumped off the wall into a standing position and began to climb a nearby skyscraper. It was in a similar position as the edifice and atop this anatomy were five platforms. He prudently climbed towards the first one and made his present known. He let out a shriek. The tone of war set in on him and he was ready for a challenge. Not just any challenge. One that would serve him death if they had the chance.

He waited.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:26 pm

I have an idea to spare.

You can post a response. You know something that you write up to conflict my post. Anytime soon would be find. I'll give you one more day, otherwise it's your forfeit.

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:24 pm

OOC: Your attitude is rather amusing, it makes me chuckle slightly. However, what you will perhaps not realise is that there is such a thing as real life. What that means is that I am not constantly sat in front of my computer, nor am I always at home. Weekends for me are not a time when I am online. So, I will post now, and will thoroughly enjoying beating you in this bout.

The environment was one familiar to the man who walked amidst the chaotic battle, feeling entirely at home. For well over two thousand years, this man had been living, and his one purpose was battle, a self proclaimed purpose; however, he had perfected the art of battle, of war. Through his own vastly superior mind, and from the training he had received from his homeworld of Kelante.

Within the halls and courtyards and corridors of the Warrior's Guild School, he had been trained in myriad weapons, and in the tactics of battle. Many hundreds of years spent climbing the educational ladder, learning all there was to learn, and then his ascension to power had begun. Taking out his first troop, himself in command, the victory was a glorious one. One that brought him honour and renown.

He was unlike all other Warriors, however, as he was also gifted in the skills of a Sorcerer, being a host for one of each race of Elemental; the symbiont beings that were in control of the very Elements themselves, who lent their power and skills to those Sorcerers who could build a relationship with them. This man had mastered that. Just as he had mastered battle.

The years past, and he found himself to be the ruler of the great people of Kelante, and he ruled with a fair yet firm hand, and won the hearts of the people.

His name? One that is spoken of, even now, as one of legend. A name that will be spoken of for all time as the greatest leader of Kelante and its people.

Simtar Saladin Akara, Warrior of the Order of The Night, Spokesman of the Guild Council of Warriors, High Mage Sorcerer of the Kayzard, ruling house of the Guild of Sorcerers, Eldest Sitter of the Council of The Twelve of the Guardians of Kelante.

Now, as he walked the foreign battlefield, he was not phased by the flying bullets, nor the swinging swords. The smell of blood was one that no longer affected him, and even as the putrid, sickly sweet scents of rotting, dead flesh permeated throughout the area, it did not even cause his nose to wrinkle. This was simply another day. Yet another battle he would emerge from with victory firmly within his grasp. He simply strolled through the chaos, as though talking a walk in the beautiful gardens of his towering palace on Kelante.

Of course, for one of such stature, it was difficult to even gain a vague impression of the exact mood. The recent changes concerning various aspects had changed this man from what he once was.

Now he stood at a towering fourteen feet, his wings spanning, when fully spread, a good fifty feet to each side of his body. From piercing, fierce golden eyes, he gazed around with no mind to those who were killing each other meaninglessly. They were mere insects in his eyes. The eyes, glowing brightly, were the focal point of a blue tinted, draconic visage.

His entire body was covered in the blue scales in the same ilk as those donned by dragons. It was a gift from the Elementals; a story which is not worth telling as the impending battle draws closer and closer. As stray rounds found their trajectories passing the location of this gargantuan master of battle, they would simply rebound from the flesh that sparkled as the sun's rays struck against it in the scant moments that there was a break in the clouds of modern battle.

Upon the man's left hip rested what would have been, on a normal fellow, a long and elegantly curved sword. It was designed and built with a perfection one would expect from a Kelantan blacksmith. The blade, hidden inside a black, tough leather scabbard, was as sharp as a razor, and the hilt was a piece of art. Stylised perfectly as a dragon, the normally two and a half handed hilt was of gold, with 'scales' covering its length. Designed before the change, those scales were functional in providing a perfect grip. As the pommel of the hilt, a dragon's head resided, maws slightly open, fangs showing predominantly.

Around his form, a great aura could be seen, of the purest white, like a living furnace, burning wildly, not yet even demonstrating any of his power and skills. It was Saidin. The One Power flowing through him, he was more than prepared for the upcoming battle. For those gifted in Channeling the True Source, it would be seen that even in this relaxed state, threads were being woven of their own bidding, a constant preparation for battle.

The male half of the True Source, only visible by those who could wield its bliss inducing powers, flowed through the man like a torrent; however, he could allow a considerable amount more to rush through him, giving him more power, if the need would arrive. And with the blade at his hip, a ter'an'greal, he could hold more than even he would be able to without dying or the blissful heightened awareness turning into insatiable pain.

Then came the shriek of the enemy. It was time. Although the opponent was not yet visible, years of training, coupled with the heightened senses resulting form his embracing Saidin, he knew from where the shriek had emerged. Without even breaking his slow, steady, clam pace, he launched into the air with a single flap of his wings, and as a streak of purest white light, he made his way towards the foe he would face today.

A firm knowledge resided in the man's conscious mind - he would emerge the victor once again today.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 am

I have an idea to spare.

You can post a response. You know something that you write up to conflict my post. Anytime soon would be fine. I'll give you one more day, otherwise it's your forfeit.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Limitless on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 pm

yu
win
i
canlt
now
unlessss
u
can
wait longer

Limitless
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Hm. I am sure that that was entirely unecessary.

I will wait two more days.

Simply because I want to show you how to really fight, and prove to you that you are, in no way, the best here.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.