Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

New but not new

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New but not new

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irritus de Mors on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello, My name is Irritus. This would be my first actual introduction to a site itself as its always been really hard to make one of these as i'm incredibly timid. In real like i am 22 and male.

My Full user name is Latin for those who cannot recognize it at first glance, it sounds egdy but its meaning would be "Void of Death" and there's a lot of different meanings behind that, most all pertaining to my one character. I have role-played for the better part of 11 years, my first site (god forbid) was "Gaia-online". i know many people who would bash on that and honestly is very understandable even more so due to the fact of the role-play community there seemingly never takes a break from either hating each other or grieving people in general. From there i have roleplayed in forums , chats, skype, and flash instances like their little "Towns" chat rooms.

I found this place by off-chance of me searching around on google for a new more robust community to roleplay with my S/O and i, her also being a roleplayer and artist, ( http://butlersam.deviantart.com/ ). After much self discussing and talking with my S/O i figured why not register and look to see if this place could be hospitable or even lovely enough to really lay roots down and possibly make friends , seeing as (who would of guessed) 2 anti social people like myself and her, have Very little friends to play games with or roleplay. Almost daily we come up with from small silly scenarios to large-scale grand wars between characters (mostly a few of her's against my one) but none the less many of the scenarios we would spend time thinking and imagining, usually requires us to have others with us and its been fairly disheartening as of late. Both of us can adapt to nearly any style genre with our characters simply re-outfitting and rearranging our qualities to match that of the scenery like some kind of RP Chameleons. Our/my usual Preferred Roleplay genre is high fantasy mixed with just about any other genre after that point.

We both heavily play roleplaying games, Survival games, and mmos. Her up until recently being League of legends while i used to play World of Warcraft (no i did not roleplay there) but both of us have more or less migrated to mainly playing Final Fantasy XIV (we are on the Mateus Server).

i myself am a caretaker and (hopefully) soon to be home maker for my S/O as i more so wish to see her flourish and excel in her choices and have her take the commanding role in her life. I am, in real life, to her the ultimate supporting character to her main story, and it is what i love to do for her. But this is all yet to be as we are not even together physically at this moment in time but working heavily on doing so. I am good at well as this explains care taking, I.E. Cooking, cleaning, support, listening, and altogether keeping people on track and making sure they don't go insane more or less.

This is really all i can think of, I'm more so better at answering questions given than trying to give stuff about myself freely and on a whim let alone being extremely socially awkward and timid doesn't help any thought process at all.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irritus de Mors
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New but not new

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Yo, Irritus! Welcome to the site, and don't worry about having an embarrassing start to roleplay I started on Roblox (which is worse than starting on Gaia IMO). Though afterward I started roleplaying here and have been on this site for four years now on multiple accounts. I'm also into high fantasy, and I'm sure there are some roleplays of that genre that you can find on the site.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy XIV! I mainly play on Jenova, but I do have one character that's on Behemoth. Though my computer is practically a five-year-old potato and I need to get it upgraded, which I'll hopefully be doing this year.

I could give you the whole spiel about reading the rules, but it's really common stuff that you shouldn't have any problem following. If you need any help with writing or are looking for a mentor, there's a whole Scholar team on the site to help you out with that, including me! If you're having any technical issues a moderator or administrator should be able to help you.

Hope you enjoy your time on RPG!
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"I’m tryin’ to fix myself
And not care too much about you"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!