Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New here but not to RP

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New here but not to RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadMoxxi on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm not new to role plays, I've played for years and moderated games before. So, I come with lots of experience and expertise. When I play a character it is always original. My posts always contain a sub-story, or back-story, to make it more immersive for the reader, and myself. I respect good, mature and effective writing that uses logic and reason.

One thing I need to make clear, is that my name, "MadMoxxi", is chosen deliberately. Not that I'm angry all the time, but simply insane.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MadMoxxi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New here but not to RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Here are some links that may be of interest to you!

Most importantly are the RPG Rules. There are only five so have a look!

If you have questions regarding role-play that need answering, feel free to check out the Role-Play Academy for all of your needs! You can also find there the Library, a collection of guides and articles on everything role-play!

Any concerns you have with the site itself can be brought to the The Help Forum. Make sure to check whether or not the answer to your question has already been said before posting a new thread.

Last is the Role-Play Gateway Chat where all of the chat role-play and off topic chatter takes place. If you're having problems on working the chat, this should be of assistance: A Simple Beginner's Guide to RolePlayGateway's Chat System.

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway MaxMoxxi! Oh my god! You're insane too?! What a relief because let me tell you... I thought I was the only one. :( You’re so fortunate to catch me on such a rare occasion because I am hyper! Anyway, down to business and enough of the short-lived rambling. Kudos for originality! There is nothing more I hate then “Gary/Mary Sues”. It’s a shame that originality is no longer common; even in our media everything is overdone (movies, books, etc). Seen it all and done it all I’m afraid!

Enjoy your stay here and if you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to message any of our staff members!

~ Maestro ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadMoxxi on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:19 pm

One can often glean important info from short-lived rambling, I'll have you know.

I won't go into how screwed the psych community really is. We'll just say I'm not as nutz as they appear to be in thinking that I'm nutzer than I really am.

Wow, so impressed with myself to have pulled off the last sentence.

MadMoxxi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Hello and welcome to Roleplay Gateway :)

Looks like Maestro has things covered with links so I'll just say hi and what not.

As for being nuts... well as one of my characters always says. Insanity is merely a matter of perspective ;)

Anyways, I'm Tiko (or depending on who you talk to... Tiki, Taco, Koko, Kito, Teeks, Teacup... etc..). I usually hang around in the multiverse chat, feel free to drop in and say hello! Or to poke me if you need help with anything.. etc. And again, welcome :)
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:52 am

Woo! Hey MadMoxxi. I've seen you in chat before, so I figured I can sort of drop the superduper formal introductions.

Anyways, now that I just read your intro threader thinger, I'm glad to see that we're adding an experienced roleplayer to the arsenal, here. And if you're insane, then you'll fit right in there. That much I can say. xD

So, uh, yeah. That's about it, I guess. I've seen you posting on some other forums, so I assume you know the lay of the land more or less. Any questions, though, don't hesitate to ask a mod, or a mentor. Or me. Whichever floats your boat.

:)

Hope to see you around s'more!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 am

Hello, MadMoxxi, and welcome to RolePlayGateway!

Well, you seem like you're ready to jump right in to a pretty good RP and get writing! We have search features to help you do that even quicker.

So, if you want to participate in an advanced RP, click here. You can use that search feature, or the tag cloud, to help narrow down the options to those within your interests. :)

Regards,
Circ
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:25 am

Hail and welcome to the gateway.

It would appear that my comrades have linked you to everything you need to see to get started around here....So...what kind of roleplays do you like? Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Realistic. ect?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!