Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

New here

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

New here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby krevon on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Just like the topic says, how do i get started?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

krevon
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:51 pm

Okay, hello, first of all. Second, just find an RP you like on the forums, and read what's already going on. If it says invite then you have to be invited, though most you can just jump right into. Someone else will have to tell you about chat because I don't know how to. Or, you could always start your own RP.
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Humor on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Welcome to RPGateway. I hope you enjoy your stay and the storylines. Have fun ^-^
~* Angela *~

Lady Humor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:37 am

This may be a little late, but welcome welcome welcome!

As Zee has already said, most rp's you can just jump right in. Many of them require that you build a profile, don't sweat that. If you like sci-fi types, Continuing Legend is one that is going fairly well, and that's where I got started.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PunkRockinHobbit on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Welcome!

RPGateway has lots to offer, and if you've been browsing over the forums, I'm sure you know that by now. If you're feeling a little iffy about joining an rp, i.e., whether or not you're welcome, just pm the person that started it. Not entirely necessary since we're always keen on having new people join the rp's, but it's a failsafe. You'll also find that none of us here are mean or hateful with new people. We're helpful types!

Also, if you're wondering whether or not your skills could use a little improvement, just hop on over to the Roleplay Academy, where all your tutorial inquiries will be fulfilled!
ImageImageImage

PunkRockinHobbit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21 am

Oi! 'Sup? I'm kinda out of it-whatever it is-so I seem to be joining the welcome wagon. ^_^
'By any means necessary. Heh, that's when your ideals outweigh your conscience. The question is: are you willing to give up yourself--your idea of who you are, of what is right--to help other people?"

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:43 pm

Hey! Welcome to RoleplayGateway! I am sure that everyone has touched on the part of what you should do now so I won't bother. XD Glad to have you here. ^_^

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.