Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I be new...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

I be new...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RozeFyre on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:14 pm

...and this looks like a really cool site, actually. Glad I was bored yesterday and decided to Google 'roleplaying websites.' I mean, Gaia's great and all, but it's so hard to find new enough roleplays that don't have a bajigillion posts already on them >.< XD
"Say something witty!" "...Something witty."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RozeFyre
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: I be new...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:04 pm

I be old. Like, literally old of age. :D

But, enough on my epic life span, I will only rattle on and bore you considerably.

And yeah, this is a cool site. And, in my own personal opinion, much better than Gaia. I do not know if I am actually allowed to say that, but oh well.

You aren't new to RPing, nor RPing forums, so I am pretty sure you know the drill by now. So, once again, no need to bore you.

So, you stumbled upon this place as a direct result of Eric's (Remaeus - the owner of this most beautiful forum) search engine optimisation obsession. Which is, of course, a good thing. We all need obsessions (my own personal one being ice cream and RPing [Oops, seems I can't count either]) and a good one like that is welcome, I believe.

So, role play you know about... -=Thinks a little bit, not really know a great deal else, or at least, forgetting it within his immense years=-

AH! Yes, there we go!

Non-RP things (Still, I am unsure such a thing ACTUALLY exists, but they tell me it does) happen here as well. Myriad topics to cover a LOT of interests, and allow you to chat about them. Do you like writing? We have a section for that as well. Can you draw, or make graphics? Well, go and show off and help people who aren't in possession of that talent in the art section. One of the unlucky one's? Get people to do it for you there!

Like a good ol' fashioned fight, eh? Well, the Battle Arena will be your bag. plenty of blood filled fights going on there for you to read, or even take part in.

You know THE most important thing about this site though...It is FUN!

Curses! I forgot to mention, we have our own chat as well. The link is at the top of every page and tells you how any people are in there.

Well, have FUN! You young ones should enjoy life, I know I did, back when I was about... Well no, I won't give you a clue to my age, dear.

But, enjoy yourself... I still do, and I am REALLY old.

Any questions, speak to the staff, they are friendly enough, and approachable human beings. They occasionally pick up my walking stick when it has dropped on the floor, so ya gotta love 'em for that alone.

Peace out.

Lord Saladin
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RozeFyre on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the info, Lord Saladin. You've been very helpful despite your age (XD). I'm off to explore now! Uwaaah!

RozeFyre
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I love your icon..It's sickeningly awesome.

I solute Saladin for his awesome welcome speech for you. There isn't much I can add to it except that we welcome you with open arms and I really hope you enjoy it here! Never hesitate to ask anyone if you have any question!

^_^
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RozeFyre on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Wow... people here are so nice XD Such a nice change from the meanies on Neopets. I swear, most of them are so rude XDD

RozeFyre
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

I think I kind of got beat to the punch line, but I wanted to offer a great big HELLO!

I would also like to let you know that if there is anything I can do for you, I'd be happy to do my best. Just leave a reply here, or via PM, and I'll get back with you as soon as I can.

Have a great stay here at Gateway, and I'll see you around the boards.

-Skuld
"Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:22 pm

oooh, I think I was involved in Neopets many many moons ago. I totally pushed it out of my memory until you told me that. I couldn't tell you my user name if you had a gun to my head. haha.

Wow, it's amazing what kind of things you forget about!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!