Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hi*New*

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hi*New*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VanillaHoney on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:29 am

Hi, I just joined this yesterday! Im not new to rp Ive been doing it for about 2 years now! Ive just made my first rp on this game:Wolf Paradise!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VanillaHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hi*New*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terrus on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:30 am

Welcome to RPG! *gives complimentary sticker, and box of cookies*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Terrus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 am

Good day to you! I would like to welcome you to RPG! Here are some links that could help you get started!

RPG Rules
Help
Newbie Guide to RPG
Guide to Chat
Role Play Academy

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Everyone would likely lend you a hand if requested! Hope to see you around and congratulations on your first RP! Have fun!
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VanillaHoney on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:28 am

Thanks every one, can you change the name of a location?*accepts sticker and cookies mmmmmm*

VanillaHoney
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:26 am

You cannot change the name of a location! I think you can delete it and make a new one, but right now there's no way to edit the thing. Sort of a drag, I know. xD

Anyways, welcome to RolePlay Gateway! You've already met some of our friendly members, and I'm confident that by the end of the month you'll have made more friends than you can handle. We're a pretty friendly bunch out this way.

Definitely check out the links Ethereal gave you! They're super-duper helpful, and I'm not just saying that because I wrote one of them. Those links are a quick, sure-fire easy-peasy way to make sure you know what side of the law to stay on here, how to go about making the best of your experience, and just generally how to get settled in.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to let me know! I'm usually around, and I'd love to talk .

Cheers!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shō on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi, good morning/evening/afternoon Vanilla! Welcome to RolePlay Gateway! I suppose you've been lurking around the forums, and maybe the chat already, which is cool. At least you're getting yourself used to the site, heh heh. I'm Shohetsu, obviously, you could call me Sho, or Shou, or whatever. So, umm....yeah, if you ever need any help, just ask! Summon me, or one of the other moderators, the administrators, or...you know. Whoever you may feel like asking. I'm sure everyone here is willing to help out a new user. So...have fun, and enjoy your time at RPG!
ImageI am a Mac, son. Recognize.

Shō
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:00 am

Hi there, VanillaHoney! And a sweet username that is... ;P Welcome to RPG, one of the biggest roleplay sites on the web!

Glad you found us here! ;D Before you begin on RPG, I think there's a couple things you should check out before you roleplay, if you haven't already. It may be a good idea to check out Our rules so you know what's allowed and what's not.That's always a step in the right direction.

Also, if you need help, you should check out the RolePlay Academy (RPA) forum. It is the place where all of our mentors reside and you can find some great help tips there that may assist you in improving your roleplay skill. Or, if you would rather ask someone for personal help, you can check out the list of mentors and pick one to help you out privately. All of the staff members and regular members here at RolePlayGateway are more than happy to help you out and get you started, or give you a good refresher of what's going on.

And as far as staff goes, the mentors are the dark blue usernames, moderators are the green usernames, adminstrators are red, coders are light blue, design team is orange. Contributors are non-staff members who have yellow names and are rewarded with their own special usergroup for contributing to the site (mainly donating).

I hope you enjoy your stay at RPG and if you ever need any help, you now know who to go to! Also, any moderators and admins are more than happy to assist you if you do not wish to go to mentors for help. Rest assured, we're all a fun bunch of people. There's tons of people out there who are dying to roleplay.

In fact, one last thing I forgot to mention: To try and start roleplaying with people, you might want to post an Interest Check in the Interest check forum or post in the Roleplayers Wanted forum to notify other members that you're looking for roleplay!

Again, welcome to the site. I hope you have a lot of fun on here. ^.^

-Akita

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!