Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

New

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomatomash on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello!
I'm new here, but I'm not that new to roleplaying though. I've been roleplaying twice before. But nothing fell into my taste, it was either too inactive or boring.

I'm 15, 16 in about a month, from Sweden, girl. I'm currently studying Japanese because I love the language and the country. I'm able to speak Swedish, English, Arabic and some German..eh. I like to draw, write, make movies and listen to music. Shy around new ppl, but turn into a really weird creature when I know somebody better. That was probably everything that you don't really need to know. Eh.
Last edited by tomatomash on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamehamehaaa~~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tomatomash
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Re: New

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi there. I'm a little jealous, because I absolutely suck at learning languages. English is hard enough, and new languages means new grammar and new rules. Like Japanese has those three alphabets to learn, and that part's fine, but I never know when to finish a word with "de" or "ga" or "wa" or whatever. Too confusing. :-S

I hope you find roleplaying here to be enjoyable. I think that finding the right players is the biggest part. People you feel you can work through any problems with the RP in a sane (or insane, if you prefer) manner.

Anyway, if you need any help, any at all, just ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Member for 7 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomatomash on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 am

Haha, yeah. This seems like an amazing site, but I don't quite understand the character into roleplaying thing. Some questions.
Can I use the same character for 2 roleplays? (I have a hard time finding characterimages)
Can I join any open forum with my character?
And also, when my char joins a rpg, and the people already posted like..a lot of posts with their characters, is it it okay for me to just join and write? :S

tomatomash
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Nothing stops you from making the same character for two separate roleplays, but I believe a single instance of a character can only be active in one roleplay.

The open forum is the multiverse, which is a persistent world where pretty much anything goes. Some of the MV content appears on the forums, but other people just play in the chat. When I first came to this site, that's the sort of roleplaying that I was familiar with. Anyway, if you find a roleplay that interests you, you should definitely send a PM to the game master.

Most roleplays, at least those that use the tab system, require you first to submit a character for approval by the creator. Not all roleplays are like this, though. When in doubt, ask the person in charge of the game.

This is probably the first time you've heard of the "tab system". It's essentially an optional toolset designed to make organizing games easier. All the components of the game are placed under different tabs on a single page: characters, places, OOC discussion, IC posting, and so forth.

I hope this made sense.

dealing with it
Member for 7 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.