Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New To The Forum

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New To The Forum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bregan [Hyde] on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:12 pm

I don't usually like to make these, to be honest: I don't tend to read up on them for other people, and I guess I have a bad habit of making that kind of assumption about other people. Probably because I'm used to seeing a bunch of "HAY WELCOME TO THE FORUM *GLOMP*" copypasta, which is enough to turn just about anybody off to the idea of a welcome topic being particularly useful. That said:

I'm Bregan, from Animeleague. I'm immensely bored at the moment, and I know a few friends/colleages of mine have headed over this way to get involved in the Grand Tourmament. I enjoy writing (obviously), sand volleyball, working out, singing, reading, and video games. Despite the fact that I spend most of my writing-related time on AL, I'm not particularly into anime. I'm also pretty friendly and talkative, so, y'know, there's that stuff, too.

Oh, and I'm here to look at your writing content/quality/community, to see if it's something I'd like to invest some time in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bregan [Hyde]
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: New To The Forum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FollowerOfLostKnowledge on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Why hello there, Bregan from Animeleague! Welcome to Roleplay Gateway! This is a great place for an RPer like yourself and I hope you find our writing quality satisfactory. =D
The Deathless Alliance:
In death we are invincible, and in death you all shall be made into nothing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FollowerOfLostKnowledge
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Well hello Bregan! Hopefully the writing quality/content is up to your standards and we make a good impression on you. Animeleague, you say? I've heard about it, never been there however. Anyway, are you signed up for the Grand Tournament? I'm not, but it is very interesting to see a bunch of people getting together in that sort of setting in my opinion.

On another note, I hope you enjoy your stay here at Roleplay Gateway. There are a bunch of helpful staff members and regular members on the site, but you're probably already used to the whole forum deal. I hope you have a lot of fun here and make a lot of friends, private message me if you have any questions! I'll do my best to answer! :D

Lake
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bregan [Hyde] on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:29 pm

I was encouraged to by Karate! (well, at least, I assume that's the username he has on here), but I decided against getting into it. I've never been one to use my characters in more than one place at a time, and I wasn't about to divert my more familiar ones from what they were already up to.

Thanks for the welcomes, though. Except from you, Follower: we're talking on AIM right now, so that totally doesn't even count.

Bregan [Hyde]
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaularuKyrumo on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 pm

HEY U! *COPY PASTE GLOMP*

/retard_mode=end

You have officially been welcomed by me, Violet Starsign. Consider yourself the newest candidate for my Mind Corruption Program! After just one week, your mind will be evil enough to rival that of Adolph Hitler! Only 19.95$, all food and lodging covered.

LaularuKyrumo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 pm

ImageImage

Welcome to RolePlay Gateway, and while I cannot comment on the general writing quality on our site vs. AL, I can say we strive and encourage people to partake of our Role-Playing Academy to better their writing skills. We prefer to instead of snubbing those who aren't as skilled yet, to offer them the opportunity to get better in an encouraging and supportive environment. Feel free to ask anyone, staff or community member, if you have questions about how things work here at RPGateway. PM me or any staff member if you have questions or concerns or just need a nudge in the right direction.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Hmm....another Hyde..... IM GOING TO EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!

In the mean time HELLO! and welcome to RPG. Feel free to look around and join RP's or just spam in general :)

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!