Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Ew, newbie cooties.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Ew, newbie cooties.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unpresentable on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi everyone. :]

I'm new here, obviously, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Raine, and I've been RPing off and on for just over 4 years. And.. yeah. I'm pretty horrible at introduction posts, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Thanks. ^.^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Unpresentable
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ew, newbie cooties.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Welcome to our humble community, Unpresentable.

I am sure that you don't have cooties, but if you do... well, I am sure they will go once you have got involved a little.

Yeah, that is the ONLY cure for newbie cooties. Ya know, take a look around the place, see how we do things ((All pretty simple)), scout out some RPs you may be interested in. As a general rule of thumb... You can just jump right in there and start RPing to fulfill your needs. But, occasionally, certain requirements are needed, even if just a character profile. Be sure to check. Of course, if you happen to make a mistake, no one is going to bite your head off for it. We were all new here once afterall. :P

And if they try, well... -=Takes out his sword of honour=- They'll regret it. -=Winks=-

You have a lot of RPing experience, I see. Well, if you so desire to share some of that experience in creating brand new RPs, you are more than welcome to. It's all nicely categorised, so you can't go wrong in placing your RP in the right section.

And, you stole my line! It is meant to be the dude giving the welcome who says "Any questions, ask us". But hey, seriously, if you have ANY questions/comments/suggestions AT ALL, let us know. The staff, unlike some sites, VERY friendly and approachable. Just as all of us are. So, don't think you are limited to the staff members for assistance requests. We ALL will help you if needs be.

So, questions to ask you.. -=Grins evilly=- No. I MUST behave myself. -=Punches self in jaw for punishment=-

Well, what sort of RPs do you like? Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all that sorta jazz. And what sort of characters do you like playing? No particular reasoning for my enquiries, except that I am curious, and did, in a roundabout way, ask us to ask you questions. :P

Oh, an important thing... we aren't JUST about RP. In fact, we have several forums completely unrelated to RP. Why is that? Because we're a community, and communities don't survive on one common factor alone. You will see it in the aptly named 'Community' section of the forum; so many different areas for myriad subject matters. Rant, complain, share your joy, celebrate, anything you want ((Within reason, of course)). Again, do not be afraid to start your own threads, we all like a good debate or whine, or just general discussion. Just be careful of Zhelir's Harry Potter thread that was put up earlier. He may just ruin a good book for you.

As mentioned, I look forward to seeing you around, an perhpas you could come and jump into the Chat sometime. I am pretty much always there, and generally pay more attention to that than the forums. A problem I am rectifying though.

And, we demand only one thing at RPGateway...

HAVE FUN!

Peace.

Lord Saladin

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Well, I think you've made a great introduction just with your title. You have a good time here, 'cause that's what we're about: fun. Ask anyone if you have questions, problems, yadda yadda yadda; you should know the deal. We're all generally friendly so it won't hurt us. : ]

K a s u r i n

Kasurin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:20 am

Welcome to the forum ^..^! I'm fairly new here myself but like you I've been role playing for a good number of years now (lost count, lol). If ever you want to chat and/RP with me by all means feel free to send me a message or whatever :D.
"It's time to rock...and RIDE!"

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

^^ You'll have lots o' fun here.

Like Saladin said, if you've got any problems, just let us know!

Above all, just have a great time with us!
A Fallen Warrior am I, as I lay upon my back, knowing as I raise my eyes to the skies, as I lose the battle of my life, that I will never see again...those that I love. Blood and tears flow gently down my face as I await the final judgment...knowing that I am forever free, yet forever damned as I close my eyes and release my breath for the final time...

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain....It's time to toss the dice...Mat Cauthon-Robert Jordan...Wheel of Time series

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." - Vivi

"Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" - Steiner

"To be forgotten is worse than death." - Freya

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant.

LitomoSilver
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.