Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Nightmare Lullaby's Introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Nightmare Lullaby's Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare Lullaby on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them.

Stacy London

I'm new, as you could probably tell and I want to start of my introduction by telling everyone a little bit about myself.

I love role playing, and writing in general. I've been this way since I was very young and my friends and I would play table tops in my parents basement. Those were the days, let me tell you. I like chatting with people, its a great distraction from life and I love to learn about other people (despite being somewhat shy myself) I like doing 1x1's but am not opposed to a small group setting. I can never really manage anything too large scale though.

Usually when I post its pretty long-winded and I do like to take my time. When I'm just chatting there are times when I have a typo in every sentence and can't seem to get my words in order. But when I post I take the time to pick through every little thing and make sure everything is coherent and adds depth to the story. I can post anywhere from 2-12 paragraphs in a single sitting (and sometimes even more if I'm inspired.) But I will NEVER post anything less than a single paragraph. I can usually form around what my partner can do, and I am pretty much up for ANYTHING.

A little Personal Info:

I'm still a high school student but I attend an Alternative school, which means I only go from 8-2 on a regular day. There are however a few times a month when Saturday school is held and I will usually be there getting ahead on my credits. I also work part-time in a factory setting, but I do not plan on having this job for all to much longer as its taking a serious toll on my stress levels.

I like to use my email for most things, so if you would like to roleplay with me, or just chat or whatever feel free to use it as well. Also shoot me a PM if you would prefer. ---- sonjarueben@yahoo.com
Nightmare Lullaby
It is the sweet taste of poison on my tongue that draws forth the paralyzing fear of truth. A certainty forming in the pit of my gut and telling me how each lie is in accordance with the next. Showing me just how closely related nightmares and Lullaby's truly can be.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightmare Lullaby
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Nightmare Lullaby's Introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm sorry nobody has welcomed you as of yet. At least you know how to make an introduction and for someone who likes to write this is the place for you. I admire your writing style (at least the process). I'm very particular myself and comb over every last detail a millions times until its perfect. Word choice, punctuation, grammar.. It's probably the only thing in life I truly strive for in perfection. However on here its less than bothersome... Sometimes.

I don't do 1x1 and always like large groups myself. More creativity and input in my opinion. Depends on the story too. As a psychology major I'm quite curious in others myself (but not so much shy).

~ Maestro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WritingToSpilMyHeart on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:51 am

Hello! I'm one of the newer users on here as well (I joined today, so yeah). You sound very interesting, I love writing too and I've been writing ever since I was young. Maybe we could roleplay together some time, if you'd like.
Congratulations to Tyler Wright for winning the Vans US Open!

WritingToSpilMyHeart
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare Lullaby on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Ah I hadn't even realized anyone replied.

@Maestro - Heya there! :D I'm rather meticulous with pretty much everything I do. I've actually gotten low grades in my classes because I can't bring myself to turn in something that isn't absolutely perfect and to my liking. My creative writing teacher used to joke about just grading my rough drafts because it would take me so long to get the actual projects finished. I shudder even thinking about it. Hey, that's funny because I've actually been taking mostly psychology related classes (other than art, writing, and core's of course). My shyness is more in relation to BPD, its not so much i'm actually shy as I don't know how to handle social situations. :3

@WritingToSpilMyHear - Hiya there! Glad to see someone else who is new. And thank you for saying so :3 that would be great, just shoot me a PM or an email if you are interested. :D

Nightmare Lullaby
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:11 am

Though it is 7:07 am EST as I am writing this, I do want to make mention how captivating your entrance was Nightmare Lullaby and what an interesting username you created. I am Winds of Fate and I would like to officially welcome you to RPG, RolePlayGateway, though I have no doubt you felt welcome the moment you posted this intro and the moment you started participating and what the site had to offer. Just a few quick tips. At the top of your webpage is the black navigation bar that takes you to places on the site. At the bottom of the webpage is the chat bar which lets you chat with other users online. It's fabulous I know I am giddy as well even though I'm running out of caffeine and will probably crash here in a moment.

Sorry for your delay as Maestro pointed out, nonetheless I am happy to see you here and want you to know that should you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me or one of the staff and we will do our best. I took the liberty as I do with all newcomers to gather a few links that will help you get started.

Help - If you have a moment, and something is simply NOT working for you, post in the help thread and we will do our best to assist you in a timely manner.

Rules - While we all love to have fun, there are a few simple rules that you can read over at your own leisure. We want to make sure you have a awesome time.

Out of Character - This is self explanitory, it's the place you go to sign up for stories you want to be a part of. :)

and make sure you HAVE FUN!!!! That's my number 1 rule darling.

XoXo
Winds of Fate
Global Moderator

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!