Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Multiverse

Nogdor's Triple Trials of Rigorous Riddles

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Re: Nogdor's Triple Trials of Rigorous Riddles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tar Palantir on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:55 am

Tar paced back and forth, hiss staff hissing every time it struck the floor. Finally Tar said, "The only thing I can think of is the magic mirror which betrayed Snow White's beauty to the wicked queen. Is this what you speak of?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tar Palantir
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orlandy on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:40 pm

"I am sorry, Tar Palantir. This magical item is indeed a glass, although more like the one owned by Alice, in that looking through it might reveal things you couldn't see normally. No, it is not looking glass, but more resembles the kind of glass that would add a 'g' and an 'i' to ants."

Also, your mind goes back too far! This item comes, not from some tale of witches and apples written centuries ago, but from a fairly modern legend. But it relates to elder days. Time in this tale is... difficult. The Silent Man of which I speak, he almost seems akin to my brother Rodgon in his ageing.

Do not give up hope! The Silver Harp, although nowhere to be seen, is closer than you think!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orlandy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tar Palantir on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 am

"Could it be that you speak of the Mirror of Erised?"

Tar Palantir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orlandy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 am

Suddenly and amazingly, Tungsten's head poked out of the middle of a machine wall, to make a sarcastic comment.
"Sometimes I wish Harry Potter was a silent man!"
He then retreated into the wall, in a twist of gears.

"Sorry about that." Apologised Nogdor, "Apparently that wasn't the correct answer. Remember, I said this item LOOKED like a looking-glass, but it's more like something that gives ants a 'g' and an 'i'".

Orlandy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tar Palantir on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:56 pm

"If that stupid machine doesn't shut up, I'll shut him up myself," Tar said, his staff hissing in agreement. Turning back to Nogdor, he said, "Something that looks like a looking glass, and that giaves ants a 'g' and an 'i'. I believe that that means it makes ants into giants. This is a rather puzzling riddle. The only thing I can think of is a magnifying glass. Dare I hope that I have it right this time?"

Tar Palantir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orlandy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:38 am

"A puzzling riddle or a riddling puzzle?" Mused Nogdor, "Alas, it is not a magnifying glass, but only LOOKS like one.
Looking through it seems to reveal what is really there,
It was wielded by a Silent Man, a man who never speaks.
This Silent Man is a courageous hero, fond of geometric tattoos.
And he found this glass in the bottom of a life giver, also known as a...

Well well, time is growing shorter, my dear puzzlers! The Silver Harp of Nog is just beyond reach!"

Orlandy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 am

The man stepped forward once more, a mischievous grin set on his diminished features. A light chuckle escaped before speaking, but when he did, the words were as steady and confident as always. "Ocarina of Time, a favorite of mine in my youth. Though I must say, that Giant's Knife was such a pain in the... nevermind, I'm getting sidetracked."

He looked up toward Nogdor, a confident smile residing behind the mask of glass and poorly grown facial hair. "The item of which you speak, which I require, is the Lens of Truth. May I have it?"
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tar Palantir on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:40 pm

Tar shook his head, smiling. "Alas, not my subject, I'm afraid. So it looks like it's one for me and two for you. Congratulations. I bow to your skill and knowledge."

Tar Palantir
Member for 11 years

Nogdor's Answer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orlandy on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:56 am

Nogdor reached into his purple robes and drew out a glass of a similar colour, with three spikes along it's top and a vertical red pupil, the Lens of Truth. He held it up in front of the group, and through it, they realized that the Silver Harp of Nog had been right in front of them, invisible, the whole time. Nogdor gave a triumphant smile.
"It's yours for the taking, wise puzzler! I am glad to say that this harp has been earned fairly. And you, Tar Palantir, deserve a prize also, for without you the competition would not have progressed this far! I think this will be appropriate."
There was a spray of dazzling silver from Nogdor's fingertips, leaving bright after-images on the viewer's eyes in this dark tunnel. When the light had cleared, the crowd beheld a silver brooch, depicting a serpent forming the shape of a harp.
"I'll see you anon, brave riddlers! Hone your minds while I am absent, for there are still more prizes to win! And in the immortal words of Jethro Tull,

Deep red are the sun-sets in mystical places.
Black are the nights on summer-day sands.
We'll find the speck of truth in each riddle.
Hold the first grain of love in our hands.
"

Orlandy
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.