Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Null Farce

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

A Null Farce

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoelix on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:36 pm

The Museum of Mechanical History, by ordinary standards, was an enormous building that effortlessly towered over any old stone castle - but it blended into the many other cobalt edifices that comprised one block along one ordinary street of the Gearwheel District. Here, everything was giant-sized; the structures all stretched to the sky so that the yards-long streets of cable were cloaked in shadow, quite unlike the rest of the neon-lit districts.

Deep within the hallow halls was one particularly grandiose chamber that perfectly captured the tone of the land. Not a light shone, except some stray cerulean rays that fled through the large and dismal vent shafts that lined the high walls and ceiling, casting dancing shadows through the slow-spinning iron fans. The floor was polished like a mirror, making the chamber seem even bigger, colder, and emptier – empty, devoid of any artifact or item, save for one person that stood staring near the farthest wall of the coliseum-sized room.

To an outsider, he’d have had a bizarre appearance. He had shocking red hair that formed a sort of oversized hawk or mane, extending down to his torso. Metal tubes visibly protruded from the sides of his head and reconnected to his neck and shoulders. And, despite the dim lighting of the room, the figure seemed to be outlined by a thin red aura that traced the edges of his lean, yet muscular body.

Silently, unmoving, he stared fixedly at the towering wall a ways before him with arms firmly crossed. Yet although his gaze was concentrated on his front, he did not fail to hear the echoing traces of footsteps that announced another museum patron entering the chamber from the doorway behind him. His eyes slid to the side as he listened, but he remained still. Whoever that was, he wasn’t concerned. Besides, he loved it when there were witnesses to tell of his dirty work…

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phoelix
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

This is Beautifully Written

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KooriTheSneak on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:02 pm

What's the prompt for this? Would you like to have some help with this RPG. I would be honored very much. Get back to me asap.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KooriTheSneak
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoelix on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:35 am

(I hardly care - just find a good way to enter the story, however you see fit. Offer some backstory to your character if you like, their reasons for being here... I'm going to let this be pretty freeform. Though I'd like only one other person, so if you join, I'm not letting anyone else in.

I'd like to have you for this thread =))

Phoelix
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: A Null Farce

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KooriTheSneak on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 am

Sheena opened the door, and the pale light silently poured in. Then she saw him, standing quietly, arms crossed. He glew, and had a presence of power. Her catlike attitude caused her to curiously walk up to him. She touched the wall as she walked, feeling a cool, rocky texture.
"Well hello, stranger. I assume you're here for the same reason I am?" Sheena flirtly asked.

KooriTheSneak
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.