Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Nyx's chosen

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Re: Nyx's chosen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 am

The claw slid from his grasp as she jumped back avoiding the first swipe, her arm sliding her dismember limb up against the empty socket, with a flash of purple flame the limb reattached. She didn't expect the speed in which his second attack came, she expected to have a moment, at least one to reattached her limb, but at the same second the flame spiked over her shoulder sealing her flesh a brilliant blade slid into her upper abdomen and sliced up through her diaphragm. Searing pain sliced through her as her newly reattached hand grabbed the blade smoke and the sound of sizzling flesh rolled through the air as the chitin armor began to degrade at the light the weapon was enveloped in. It seemed the armor was of darkness and light did its work quickly chasing away the armor leaving Katerzina's pale flesh in its wake. Her body began to shrink as the armor twisted away from the light her flesh seared yet her hand held fast keeping the blade from traveling high enough to pierce her heart.

Her still long demonic snout snapped for his face as she pulled herself farther on the blade letting its tip slice through the back of her rib cage and lock between her ribs and her spine. Her other hand reached out and grabbed his shoulder to pull herself against his body as her teeth snapped for his head. If her huge maw found his head it would grab it like a voice crushing it with enough force to make bone utterly snap and crumble, to make the metal that protected it crumple and burn away with the acidic saliva. Her hand still gripped the blade as it fell to flesh then the flesh began to ash away, Katerzina's dark presence vulnerable to the holy energy as well as being vulnerable to the searing light. The chitin fall away from her chest from her stomach and from the tops of her hips as her body pressed forward more in an attempt to knock him to his back. Her hand that had gripped his shoulder slid back still covered in the acidic chitin armor. She stabbed with her clawed hands for his side with enough force that her claws would find a human heart with ease his vampuric body would resist slightly though. The acid that rolled off the armor would bore through flesh, metal, and bone effortlessly.

The voice called in his mind again, "Look at her.. she is nothing but a beast! Nothing but a mindless monster.. kill her.. break her.. slice her.. make her beg for death.. make her pay for the pain she causes you.. judge her as wanting.. judge her as worthy of nothing but death!" The halucination of flames became more real the searing heat enveloping him as Katerzina's jaws attempted to lock about his skull. The flames would feel like they were searing his legs like his back was on fire like the metal over his body was melting away with each passing second.

Leelea ran she closed her eyes between trees and pushed herself to run harder, images of angles being nailed to trees touched her vision as she ran and caused hot tears to stream down her face. She ran through one hallucination of Michael himself knowing he was gone forever more.. Her lungs burned her feet screamed and her frail human form trembled and seemed in the enveloping cold as her long nightgown and robe flowed behind her just as her radiant red hair did the same. She could see purple flames dancing in the woods ahead of her and she ran harder, her one hand continued to lock around the golden cross at her chest.

A voice slid through her mind and caused her vision to blur and darken, she felt like she was going to pass out, but she didn't have time for that.. not now.. she needed to get to Sir Christopher.. she had to help him. "You run to your death.. you flee to your demise.. and he would not find you here.. only I see you here.. you would become mine.. for all time Leelea.. I would make you my toy.. turn away now why you still can.. leave and I will be merciful and let you go. He can not see what happens in my realm.. he is blind in my darkness.. you are as good as dead frail human.. or.. you could stay in the darkness.. you could loose yourself here.. you could join me and know all the pleasures that your father has denied you.. I can show you the joy of a kiss.. the sweet entanglement of rapture.. join me.. and I will give you anything you desire."

Leelea grunted and gasped as tears continued to slid down her cheeks everything hurt... she had never really experienced pain before.. not like this, she was tired and it hurt..she wanted to rest.. she wanted to stop but she couldn't. She slid to a stop outside the circle of flames her hand slid out towards the flames as her fingers froze. She screamed out in agony and pulled her fingers between her lips and then she closed her eyes whispering under her breath. "Though the darkness hold me close, though the light fade from sight, he will be there watching.. though the toil of evil never ends and the suffering of innocence is great.. you are never alone.. The lord is my Sheppard and I shall not wonder! Bring forth the light! Break the hold of darkness!" with that the cross at her neck glowed with a brilliant light she slid her hand around it more as the chain around her neck disappeared and the cross's long form extended farther widening into a staff of brilliant light. She hissed and spun keeping her eyes closed tightly as she arched the weapon down the fire exploded and then extinguished as light seared the very ground she tread on.

Before her eyes she saw a huge black demon as it twisted its head. Leelea realize Christopher's head lay in its powerful jaws, with a sharp movement his head disentangled from his shoulders and his form crumpled to the ground lifelessly then, then soon after that it evaporated to ash. Leelea screamed and charged forward her staff arcing towards the beast, though her staff slipped through the creature like it was made of smoke and the vision before her disappeared. She stood in the dark woods holding her staff, her feet had been guided off course she couldn't see the twisted wall of flame she had before. Tears slid down her face as she closed her eyes tightly again. "CHRISTOPHER!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Her voice screamed as loudly as she could.. she trembled and staggered trying to keep from falling over as sweat slid down her form, and pain she had never known rippled over her human flesh.
Image"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Christopher watched on as her arm fused in near an instant, healing quickly, amazingly so. If he did not act now he would not have the chance to reengage, still, the beast fought far more viciously. She pulled herself onto the blade, locking it between her ribs, the beast did not care about such things, however. It Would find the heart eventually, he could tear her to pieces in the meantime. He would pull the blade back to drive it through again, never making it past the ribs as her maw came at him. His left hand surged forward to catch her neck as she came to bite at his head, shoving back away from himself before plunging the sword forward again. Survival first destruction second, this was all the beast knew.

As he plunged the blade forward Christopher cursed the beast for taking the justice from this, making it nothing but mindless murder. The haunting words of Nyx naught but growing in his mind.

"Look at her.. she is nothing but a beast! Nothing but a mindless monster.. kill her.. break her.. slice her.. make her beg for death.. make her pay for the pain she causes you.. judge her as wanting.. judge her as worthy of nothing but death!"

As the words wrapped up, her hand would strike his unguarded side, cutting through his armor like paper and deep into his side, he claws digging deep into his flesh as the acid continued to leak from it, he could feel his flesh and bone giving way, stronger than armor it would not be long before she reached her target.

The one thing he was glad for is the beast felt no pain, the beast was not lost to the searing heat around him, but even in that he knew that the beast would let loose the greatest of demons, a demon of chaos. It was this thought that finally gave him the will to push his conscious mind forward at as it did he became more aware of what was transpiring, the burning acid on his shoulder, the gash opened in his side, burning away, the melted armor, scorching his flesh as it sat there melted on his flesh, but most importantly, his blade slicing upward through the inside of her ribcage.

As his mind came fully to the surface he forced his will up, the scene had played out exactly as the vision had until now, but as he unleashed his will into a command it was not directed to Katerzina, but to the girl that had oepened the gate, the girl that was now a woman. ā€œCome here.ā€

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Katerzina snarled as the blade sliced into her body twice her maw lunging at him once again as she let the blade advance into her body for the third time she readjusted her body hoping to throw the sharp edge off the right direction as her hand buried inside his form curled and pulled his body against hers. Her neck caved to his gauntlets, sweet smelling blood flowing from the wound as her maw snapped and sliced at his arm and at the front of his helmet. Her saliva began burning through the metal over his face and chest as her tongue lashed out of the chaotic needle like fangs also dripping the sulfuric acid like drool over his smaller frame. Her hand released his blade as she pulled him closer trying to bite at his head once again. It slid about his shoulder as she curled her nails into his back hugging him close trying to prevent him from being able to do anything with the blade now sliced within her, it wasn't far from her heart, not far at all.

The command he issued caused Katerzina confusion, her mind was nearly lost to the hunger of the flesh before her though and she didn't pay it any attention well none at first. Nyx's will sliced through her mind and forced her to push him forward in an attempt to knock him to his back, anything to keep the gateway from harm, anything to keep the light from coming into the world yet again, darkness would win this time once and for all! Her body continued to twist and revert slowly to its human quality, her body still shrinking against his form as the black chitin fell away from the blade as if repulsed by its very existence. Her flesh turning to ash about its metal edge as it cut and bit into her form deeper. The pain was maddening but exciting, it drove her hunger more as her teeth and tongue launched at him her weight pushed at him and her claws dug deeper still into him.

Melissa's eyes opened as she curled in the immense dragon's clutches. Her mind was open.. moldable and easily controlled.. though her graceful pale skin and smooth body was that of a woman, her mind was still a child, and she slid from the dragon's grasp mindlessly. Her violet eyes wide and nearly vacant as his will consumed her totally. A lesser vampire would not have been able to get through the protection, but Christopher's will and power surpassed most of his kin, and through that power she was ensnared and lost to the call. Her long black and silver hair flowed over her form as she walked forward black tendrils of energy coiling from her body in the deepest most horrifying miasma known to the world. It sent shivers of lust through those that the tendrils slid through, it sent homicidal rage through them, it scent passion, and hunger, it sent every possible overly destructive emotion that one could summon through its mist like arms. Her body was almost obscured by the tendrils as they reached out and slid about Christopher and Katerzina, filling their minds with all the emotions and needs at once.. their darkest desires would fill them, their darkest needs would consume them as the woman drew closer. She slid to Christopher's side her eyes lost to the clutches of Nyx's magic and Christopher's command as she looked at him confused.

The skeletal titan crawled forward with her its huge wings unfurled as its tail slid before Melissa's stomach trying to pull her back into its clutches to protect her. Its massive skeletal head slid forward so its nose was resting against her bare shoulder. She slid a hand up and gently stroked the smooth shadowed flesh of the titan as red glowing eyes bore down on Christopher waiting to strike if he made a move against the gateway he was entrusted to protect... it was not his place to kill Christopher for Katerzina though.. that was her task.. he would not attack unless Christopher threatened Melissa.. that became all the more clear now.

"What do you hope to gain in this? Even if you strike the girl down my beast will devour you.. and I will bring her back to life through my power.. I will make her like Katerzina.. bring her into my service as a twisted mixture of undead and life.... Why not let this come to be? Why fight me? I can bring eternal night.. eternal darkness free of the cursed searing sun of my Child.. darkness Christopher.. you.. are a beast of the darkness like myself.. why fight me?"

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Christopher felt his blade slide into her body, in and out through the ribs, the flesh and armor burning away from his holy blade as her dripping maw came toward him. She side was slit, his armor paper before the claws tore into his side. As they did, she would feel the pressure of her own slash reflected back onto her claws with the strength that would shatter blades and bone a-like (Fortitude 7). HE watched her tongue lash out as it melted the armor he wore, he held her crushed neck still, having feels its flesh collapse beneath his grasp. When the acid touched his flesh She would see something rather disturbing, and possibly familiar, as a third eye opened on his forehead, a blood-red eye, shining out. His blood pouring from his pores, forming a thick armor across him, a pool of blood across everything, even his mouth, nose and eyes he stared down the lost mind in front of him.

As she released the blade he had what he had been waiting for his chance to finish her, just as the vision had shown, the pulled his arm in, toward his body, crushing the armor there to get he right angle, before shoving it up as she pulled herself against him her neck gave way before his hand, though as her reinforced spine reached his hand it would go no further in toward him and his lone arm unable to force back the pull of her body his arm began to give ground.

The command he issued caused Katerzina confusion, her mind was nearly lost to the hunger of the flesh before her though and she didn't pay it any attention well none at first. Nyx's will sliced through her mind and forced her to push him forward in an attempt to knock him to his back, anything to keep the gateway from harm, anything to keep the light from coming into the world yet again, darkness would win this time once and for all! Her body continued to twist and revert slowly to its human quality, her body still shrinking against his form as the black chitin fell away from the blade as if repulsed by its very existence. Her flesh turning to ash about its metal edge as it cut and bit into her form deeper. The pain was maddening but exciting, it drove her hunger more as her teeth and tongue launched at him her weight pushed at him and her claws dug deeper still into him.

He saw Melissa approach, the horrid Draconic form coiled about her, he may have matched it for a time healthy, but like this he had not a hope. His mind flicked about what to do before it became consumed by Nyx's Words:

"What do you hope to gain in this? Even if you strike the girl down my beast will devour you.. and I will bring her back to life through my power.. I will make her like Katerzina.. bring her into my service as a twisted mixture of undead and life.... Why not let this come to be? Why fight me? I can bring eternal night.. eternal darkness free of the cursed searing sun of my Child.. darkness Christopher.. you.. are a beast of the darkness like myself.. why fight me?"

If only she were just, if only she could be honorable it would be a good arrangement, but hiding the gate in a girl, that is why he held strong against her. He had several plans of his next move, but for now there was much that was up to be decided.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Katerzina's claw became entangled in Christopher's side, the chitin cracked under the strain of his flesh and the blade sliced upwards. Her teeth lashed out at his face, only catching air as they both tumbled over. She landed on top of him as the blade slid the last couple inches slicing deep into her heart. She screamed out as her head tilted back and the black armor that had encased her form fell away her body shrunk to that of the beautiful small girl that he had seen before. Her eyes slid to blue as they looked down at his armored face, then her body went limp against his. She laid on top of him her arm inside his chest twisted and broken by his physical fortitude. Her red hair tumbled over his shoulder and the blade was coated with her crimson blood as it slid out her back; blood coiled out slowly over his armored chest touching his red armor and seeming to chill and almost feed his own power just upon contact. The blade within her stopped burning her, her flesh collecting about it as if it hadn't burned her at all. Her eyes remained open as her head rested against him tucked under his chin the scent of her sweet blood intoxicating, it did not hold the same smell of undeath most held instead the blood was alive with magic, even more so now, like the sweetest poison calling for him to taste.

Katerzina had been filled with rage, she had hated the very idea that he had won, yet satisfaction welled up in her mind as Nyx comforted her with sweet promises of power beyond imagination.. sweet whispers of Nyx's power being bestowed to her fleshless soul for all the hard work she had performed. Katerzina slept.. at the moment the blue eyes slid to Christopher's face the pain was too much for her to speak, but Jo was proud of the man that had won.. she was happy that he had not died by Katezina's will. It would be a good death.. a clean death.. one that had been too long coming. She slipped to darkness, though her eyes still saw what transpired as his blade held fast within her heart. She could see the world move, she could see Melissa's legs not far from them, the coil of darkness around the child, but she could not act, nor did she think she would ever be able to again. Christopher would have to kill her to free his blade from her body, he would not leave her unconscious to attack him again. Such an act would be too risky, though to die by a vampires hand seemed wrong.. there were far worse leaches to die by then the man that had won. She only hoped that she would cease to exist.. to not be tormented by the flames of hell again.. or not to know the cold embrace of nyx would be heaven.

The flames about them died away as Melissa's violet eyes watched him her black cat ears up and angled towards him as she tilted her head curiously. Her eyes were distant as her tail swung behind her, her form seemed to shimmer between shadow and substance as if even her countenance was becoming lost to the passageway her body had opened. The shadows slid about him, they slid about the world in a rhythmic dance looking much like extensions of her hair that also coiled about her body in the breezeless eternal night. Image

The dragon's tail coiled about her its claws slid to either side of her waist as the immense skeletal head peered over her at the fight below them. Its form lost in the shadows that coiled around the girl yet its glowing red eyes remained even when the rest of its form was completely obscured. From both creatures the need to loose oneself to desire sliced through the air, it was like tasting utter corruption, knowing utter sin, and seeing what true evil looked like, yet such evil did not seem so ugly when looking at the youthful woman and the twisted beast at her back, evil seemed to have its own dark beauty as their forms mingled with the darkness. Melissa's mind was still open to Christopher's will, he could still feel her bend to him, yet at the same moment he felt her presence tug at his very being he felt his mind and his desire pull towards pleasing her, protecting her, loving her.. yet it was the same feeling he had noticed before.. the same need to make the child smile.
Last edited by Neava13 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Darkness and lifeless-ness surrounded Rhoan's body, shrouding his mind with deep, dark thoughts. His mind, altered and oblivious, remained blank. A shimmer of light seeped through what seemed to be a dark portal. He could hear a familiar voice sifting in and out of his thoughts, but he couldn't comprehend what was going on. "You live on one small corner of that entire massive place Rhoan.. a tiny spec in what I control.. I could destroy it all.. right now if I wished.. but what fun is there in that? You know nothing about power Rhoan.. your power could maybe blow up a city.. maybe.. mine could destroy this entire galaxy.. hmm in fact." He struggled to open one eye, and after several moments of suffering blindness, he saw infront of him, the essence and shadow of a beautiful woman. He figured it was Nyx, but didn't know why she'd be in his vision. She was the destruction maker, the bringer of chaos, the creator of darkness and despair. His eyes flickered open and closed for a brief moment, but then remained open, staring wide into a black abyss. There was nothing there, nothing but darkness and the black galaxy. Stars began to light up, glowing brightly infront of him, all around him and this shadow figure.

Then he heard her voice again...."I could destroy them all.. if I but asked.. you think that I am so ugly? You're mind makes up lies.. do you know who gave your father the same gift you have? It was not El.. or God as some call him.. it was me.. Do you know who is responsible for all this coming into existence?.....He shook his head as she spoke to him, her calm and endearing monotone speech cackling through his mind. He felt sick, almost as if he were to pass out in his own vision. His eyes bounced around, trying to stay focused as her shadow figure disappeared, then reappeared multiple times. Strange, he thought. He followed silently, making note of anything and everything he saw.

In real time, his body jerked up a bit. The battle going on between Katerzina and Christopher could vaguely be heard in Rhoan's mind. His body tweaked some, his arms shifted around a bit and his legs kicked a couple times. His heavy dreamstate was wearing him out. He shook his head once, and then went still.

There it was. Her voice again. That smooth, soft tone echoed through his ears, ringing and dancing along, flowing smoothly about. "Me.. without me none of this would have ever come to be.. My chaos allowed this.. my chaos brought into existence order.. and from that life... Josephina and Hope hate me because they do not understand.. Chaos is needed.. Chaos is life.. and darkness is part of that as well.. Light cannot be light without dark.. Can one see good if they have not seen evil? Can one see pleasure if they have never known pain? I am as needed as any other force.. just because I am banished to the void by my son.. does not mean I am not needed."

Rhoan listened closely to the woman's words as she announced her importance. She was the one who brought him into this world like this, the reason he had come to this point. Nyx, the goddess of chaos, the hell demon, and the bringer of all darkness was standing right infront of him. Her presence was overbearing and extremely overwhelming. The young male vampyr huffed heavily and scoffed at the thought of this woman being the ruler of his own power that he, himself, knew not how to master. She was his only escape.

The woman's last sentence was beaten into his head, stamped all over his thoughts, ringing like a broken bell: "You asked what I want from you.. I want you to make them remember me.. all I ask is for the world to remember me.. and when they remember me.. they will remember you."

Rhoan has absolutely nothing to say to this woman. He couldn't amount to her strength, her power, nothing. He was a spec in the dirt compared to her. A dot in the world that would be forgotten in a second. However, he wasn't willing to let himself go down like this. "You say you want to be remembered....You say you're the creator of this power...and that I will be remembered if I find a way to make the world remember you....You gave my father a power...that was passed down to me. I didn't ask for this power, but obviously, I must control it. You tell me that I should learn to use this power....That I should.....be trained........That this power that I possess is enough to rule the world..." Rhoan paused shortly, and took a long, deep breath. He stared out into the blank abyss ahead of him in his vision and gritted his teeth, grinding them violently against each other. His sharp fangs sunk into his lip some, drawing little beads of blood that slowly trickled down over his lip and off his chin. He hung his head and stood there, stupidly, for a while. Then he spoke again with a deep, monotone voice. "Being remembered is not what I'm worried about....Being remembered for something I WANT to be remembered for...Now...THAT is a different story...."

He stopped and stood there for a long while in silence. In real time, his body would shift, turning over onto his side and coming to a sitting position where he would be up-right. His eyes opened immediately and he stared into the doorway that opened the entrance and exit for Nyx. Thoughts raced to his mind....and he remembered the saying that Tirza told him a long, long time ago.

Rhoan's vision ended the moment his eyes flicked open. His stood up slowly, wobbling some. A dark, mean grin pulled at his lips, his cheek bones raising high on his face. The crows feet wrinkles around his eyes grew deeper and longer, and his smile grew wider. The sharpened fangs slipped out over his lip and bit down hard on the plush flesh of his bottom lip, drawing a real bead of crimson red.

The riddle that Tirza had sung a while ago was now being recited by Rhoan in a deep, raspy, monotone voice that would haunt any normal being. "The seeker must seek the key.. the key will find the seeker.. and the common hope will falter.. in the end all that wishes to be seen will be left locked away.. seeing nothing but the burning dawn...." The young vampyr's eyes flickered from the misty green they always were, to a deep red colour. He now understood what the riddle meant. He was the seeker, and he found the key. The key was Nyx, who held the power. The common hope of becoming a more powerful being has faltered, and now that Rhoan knew that Nyx was bound....He would be the one to break the darkness and seal away the woman who cursed him.

"Now I understand....." He proclaimed, and stood there, watching as Katerzina fell limp to Christopher's sword. "Hmph." Rhoan huffed, and completely ignored Christopher's actions. Relentless and blind, Rhoan charged full force into the portal-like opening that had been opened for Nyx....only to be engulfed by darkness as he swam through a sea of nothing but black....

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Melissa was focused on Christopher, as was the dragon, when Rhoan lunged neither the titan or the girl before him looked very substantial, Rhoan's form seemed to blur as he neared the edge of the dark tendrils then as if he seemed to blink out of existence his from disappeared, it looked like he should have ran right through Melissa, but instead he seemed to just disappear before he even reached her.

To Rhoan's eyes he felt the tendrils of desire and cold envelop him, they empowered him they twisted his thoughts to lust and desire and then they consumed him. He felt himself falling yet he could not feel the air move or his hair ruffle, it was the sinking feeling of his stomach dropping and the nauseating fearful feeling of free falling. Darkness consumed his vision it was thick, silence bombarded his senses as if sound was foreign here. Even if he screamed no sound would slip from his lips, no air came to his lungs, he was drowning in nothingness. It was the vacuum of space yet his body did not explode, it was the deep cold of space that almost stopped time itself from moving so cold that light could not move here, yet his body moved freely. It was madness, endless ebony that made it seem as if his eyes were mistaken.

He felt hands in the darkness claws movement and gentle caresses, though as soon as they found him they were gone. Screams of madness shattered from the air behind him then giggles of insanity to his left. He felt teeth sink into his calf then the feeling was gone the same moment. He felt webbing slid across his face as he floated in the darkness yet when he reached for the cause there was nothing there. His lungs were unable to bring in air, his feet unable to find footing, his hands unable to touch anything substantial around him. Claws continued to rake his form in the darkness, shivers of piercing pain sliced through him then the giggles and screams sounded to a defining roar. He had finally found where Nyx dwelled.. or he had finally found madness.. either was possible and each just as likely.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 am

Christopher landed heavily on his back, the thought going through his head, not what most would have expected it was not the flames nor the beasts from the before, or the dragon, nor the girl, nor even the gaping wound on his side, all of these things were secondary He had a choice to make, on how to proceed now. He had no chance for victory, not with what he knew, the force assembled was more than his match healthy. For a millennium he had strained to resist his final death, to prevent his fall into hell, that he may enter the kingdom of heaven upon judgment day.

He thought for a moment, Nyx would not have rested her hopes in the plan that Katerzina was successful. There must have been another that could bring her forth, The Dragon would surely destroy him should he simply seal the gate, and eventually a new one would be opened. Sealing the gate would not be enough unless he could survive.

ā€œMiss McGregor tell me how I am to defeat Nyx and this dragon, think of any weaknesses they have.ā€ *his words were quiet, and carried nothing for now, he would give her a few seconds before looking up to meet her eyes, forcing his will over her mind as he attempted to delve into her memories, the memories of the last few seconds, the sweet blood calling to him, he was injured and hungry, but then he felt it the need to protect the child, now a woman, all of a sudden in his darkest hour. He had been manipulated. (terribly short, but I hope it is good enough to make up for it)

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am

At first he found nothing but darkness in her mind, then there was searing light, the world around him seemed to dissolve into light. He heard her voice in his mind, "Light.. " The word was only a whisper and it was gone as images flashed through his mind and hers. Blood, pain, bodies, screams, sadness, regret.. then a hand held a set of dislodged eyeballs in its palm before Christopher's face. A man's voice deep and powerful echoed in his ears,

"For you.. my Katerzina.. a wedding gift.. I thought it only a Just that such an unworthy creature would loose his eyes for beholding such divine beauty." Agony swell through her mind and his then screams that would make the dead quake shivered from the darkness as her mind blanked again. The screams continued.. then her mind was filled with whispers, thousands of voices, pained and in agony, some pleading for life, some for death Josephina knew them all.. she heard them always, they were the cries of all those she had tortured and killed every voice rag in her mind for all eternity. Though a single image and voice flashed before the others. A young girl huddled before a even younger boy, the boy was crying, the girl was too. Before her she held a cross as the tears streamed down her face. Hunger swelled through Jo and Christopher, they were to die.. the cross held no power against her, the girl held it up with a determined look on her face. The boy wrapped his arms around his sister and whimpered.

"I love you sissy." a shiver of pain touched Jo, yet what drove her mad with pain was something else. The girl closed her eyes as tears streamed down her face, she was saking, Jo's claws extended as she slid her free hand to grab the girl to end her.

"I love you too Adam." She whimpered pain.. such horrible pain sliced through Jo that she screamed and the image fell a part as if shattered and darkness coiled around her and Christopher again. Pain wracked her form and his, agony, he felt something slice into his back, though it was Jo's back not his, he felt his feet dangle off the ground and as his eyes seemed to focus in the darkness he felt his face grabbed by a handsome dark haired man with glowing purple eyes much like Melissa's.

"Tisk tisk.. failed again.. let me show you.. let me show you what failure brings you." His voice was seductive sweet, his smile beautiful and his fangs curved and long much like Jo's. He slid leather gloves on his hands and then pulled out a pouch off of a small metal table to the side of the room where Jo hung. Christopher's arms were bound and hung by chains above his head, and a meat hook secured him the rest of the way as it hooked in his rib cage at the back. From the bundle the handsome youthful man pulled out what looked like a pink clear stone. Jo quaked with fear as she winced when the man touched the pink stone against her chest. Pain shot through her like silver caused pain with some vampires, the image dashed away to nothingness, then he heard Jo's voice whisper in his mind, it was the lord's prayer, the whispers continued and in the darkness sat her rosary, it glowed like a brilliant sun making it even hard to look at it in the darkness.

Her prayer became defining, and then Christopher heard her whisper in his mind as the prayer stopped, "Please..." the single word was joined with images of catholic cathedrals grave yards filled with stone crosses and then a coffin with a rosary laid over the top. Chaos swallowed her mind again pulling him with her, giggles, voices, screams, and pleas echoed, then twisted images of carnage, memories from life times before even Christopher was born flashed through her mind. Battles in India, wars in France, darkness coiled around each, places he had been there to help clean up after flashed through his mind. Memories that could not even remotely be Joā€™s touched his senses, then his form was dropped in the plains of hell, ash swirled about him, dead ashen trees spiraled up. Images began flashing through his mind in fast paced booms they went faster and faster, each image more maddening then the next, twisted bodies, undead being eaten alive by those that sired them, things that he Baali had done, yet it seemed Joā€™s kin had done the same.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Christopher listened as Josephine McGregor's thoughts went over everything in her mind. He watched as she relived her life, Jumbled, messy, when she had become weak she had created another that she allowed to live her life for her. He watched the horrors she committed, the repentance she went through. The horrors made her death in his eyes Justified, though such was not for him to judge. In her mind passed a blessing of faith. Though he did not understand the word, he knew what it was.

Ī Ī¹ĻƒĻ„ĪµĻĻ‰ ĪµĪ¹Ļ‚ Ī˜ĪµĪæĪ½ Ī Ī±Ļ„ĪµĻĪ±, Ļ€Ī±Ī½Ļ„ĪæĪŗĻĪ¬Ļ„ĪæĻĪ±, Ļ€ĪæĪ¹Ī·Ļ„Ī·Ī½ ĪæĻ…ĻĪ±Ī½ĪæĻ… ĪŗĪ±Ī¹ Ī³Ī·Ļ‚.

ĪšĪ±Ī¹ (ĪµĪ¹Ļ‚) `Ī™Ī·ĻƒĪæĻ…Ī½ Ī§ĻĪ¹ĻƒĻ„ĪæĪ½, Ļ…ĪÆĪæĪ½ Ī±Ļ…Ļ„ĪæĻ… Ļ„ĪæĪ½ Ī¼ĪæĪ½ĪæĪ³ĪµĪ½Ī·, Ļ„ĪæĪ½ ĪŗĻĻĪ¹ĪæĪ½ Ī®Ī¼Ļ‰Ī½, Ļ„ĪæĪ½ ĻƒĻ…Ī»Ī»Ī·Ļ†ĪøĪ­Ī½Ļ„Ī± ĪµĪŗ Ļ€Ī½ĪµĻĪ¼Ī±Ļ„ĪæĻƒ Ī¬Ī³ĪÆĪæĻ…, Ī³ĪµĪ½Ī½Ī·ĪøĪ­Ī½Ļ„Ī± ĪµĪŗ ĪœĪ±ĻĪÆĪ±Ļ‚ Ļ„Ī·Ļ‚ Ļ€Ī±ĻĪøĪ­Ī½ĪæĻ…, Ļ€Ī±ĪøĻŒĪ½Ļ„Ī± ĪµĻ€Ī¹ Ī ĪæĪ½Ļ„ĪÆĪæĻ… Ī Ī¹Ī»Ī¬Ļ„ĪæĻ…, ĻƒĻ„Ī±Ļ…ĻĻ‰ĪøĪ­Ī½Ļ„Ī±, ĪøĪ±Ī½ĻŒĪ½Ļ„Ī±, ĪŗĪ±Ī¹ Ļ„Ī±Ļ†Ī­Ī½Ļ„Ī±, ĪŗĪ±Ļ„ĪµĪ»ĪøĻŒĪ½Ļ„Ī± ĪµĪ¹Ļ‚ Ļ„Ī± ĪŗĪ±Ļ„ĻŽĻ„Ī±Ļ„Ī±, Ļ„Ī· Ļ„ĻĪÆĻ„Ī· `Ī·Ī¼Ī­ĻĪ± `Ī±Ī½Ī±ĻƒĻ„Ī¬Ī½Ļ„Ī± `Ī±Ļ€Īæ Ļ„Ļ‰Ī½ Ī½ĪµĪŗĻĻ‰Ī½, `Ī±Ī½ĪµĪ»ĪøĻŒĪ½Ļ„Ī± ĪµĪ¹Ļ‚ Ļ„ĪæĻ…Ļ‚ ĪæĻ…ĻĪ±Ī½ĪæĻĻ‚, ĪŗĪ±ĪøĪµĪ¶ĻŒĪ¼ĪµĪ½ĪæĪ½ ĪµĪ½ Ī“ĪµĪ¾Ī¹Ī± ĪøĪµĪæĻ… Ļ€Ī±Ļ„ĻĪæĻ‚ Ļ€Ī±Ī½Ļ„Īæ Ī“Ļ…Ī½Ī¬Ī¼ĪæĻ…, ĪµĪŗĪµĪ¹ĪøĪµĪ½ ĪµĻĻ‡ĻŒĪ¼ĪµĪ½ĪæĪ½ ĪŗĻĻŠĪ½Ī±Ī¹ Ī¶Ļ‰Ī½Ļ„Ī±Ļ‚ ĪŗĪ±Ī¹ Ī½ĪµĪŗĻĪæĻĻ‚.

Ī Ī¹ĻƒĻ„ĪµĻĻ‰ ĪµĪ¹Ļ‚ Ļ„Īæ Ī Ī½Ļ…Ī¼Ī± Ļ„Īæ `Ī‘Ī³Ī¹ĪæĪ½, Ī±Ī³ĪÆĪ±Ī½ ĪŗĪ±ĪøĪæĪ»Ī¹ĪŗĪ·Ī½ ĪµĪŗĪŗĪ»Ī·ĻƒĪÆĪ±Ī½, Ī±Ī³ĪÆĻ‰Ī½ ĪŗĪæĪ¹Ī½Ļ‰Ī½ĪÆĪ±Ī½, Ī¬Ļ†ĪµĻƒĪ¹Ī½ Ī±Ī¼Ī±ĻĻ„Ī¹Ļ‰Ī½, ĻƒĪ±ĻĪŗĪæĻ‚ Ī±Ī½Ī¬ĻƒĻ„Ī±ĻƒĪ¹Ī½, Ī¾Ļ‰Ī®Ī½ Ī±Ī¹ĻŽĪ½Ī¹ĪæĪ½. Ī‘Ī¼Ī®Ī½.

As she lay there atop him his mind withdrew from hers, and his defenses down for a time he found himself in pain. In his side was an electric searing sort from the wound that had been left by her claws,and the gashes by her fangs. The burning from where the acid had touched his skin. Still , there was one duty he had left to preform. Willing himself to act through the pain he reached for the rosary that she had until this encounter worn around her neck. For some reason she had it in her pocket, but the three bumps were there the same spacing as the points of the cross that hung from it. Such was enough for him. His hand sliding from his sword and reaching out toward a bump in one of her pockets Josephine's rosary was in his reach. As his hand clasped around it he began to speak along with her a blessing, the lords prayer.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis:
sanctificetur Nomen Tuum;
adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
Sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem;
sed libera nos a Malo

As he spoke the words and his faith spread into the rosary, directing his will to be as the Lord's as he led Jo in the prayer, The rosary glowed dimly with a pure warmth. As he spoke the words to calm and cleanse her soul, hoping that the object in which she had held faith since he had known her would work to liberate her soul, from the curse which held it from the demons breath that had turned her to be akin to the Baali.

Per istam sanctan unctionem et suam piissimam misericordiam.

Reaching his hand down he pushed at the the circlet at the base, the metal there complaining as it gave way to his strength. Within it were a few drops of oil, blessed on Maundy Thursday by the Archbishop. His gauntlet held it as he made the sign of the cross upon her forehead. The events around them unimportant to him for the moment. He was about to kill Miss Josephine McGregor, not because of her crimes against him, but Katerzina's. It was not a just death, but a greater injustice would occur should he not.

He wrapped the rosary around his hand, it's holy light shining out from between his fingers, he noticed that he could direct it as he braced for it to strike the hole in the armor at his side, looking up at Melissa and the drake guarding her. ā€œFlee.ā€

He sprung up to his feet as his hand wrapped around the hilt of the blade, bringing the body of Josephine up along with it. He could tell that she was still , her body not yet showing the decay that her age would have brought with it. He laid her down on the ground, and as he pulled his bland from her form, the Rosary pressed against it as he did. The sound of a pure bell stuck his ears, and he felt his strength drain from him, as he collapsed to one knee, the dark knight kneeling before his Lord. ā€œLord give me strength to persevere through this.ā€ As he stood, the holy aura around his blade became palpable, the bell-tone strengthening the faithful, pious and devoted, and weakening those who stood against Him. Sir Christopher stood, directing his attention, and the light to the dragon coiled about the form of Melissa, waiting to see what action would the dragon take, though still he could not help but wonder what it was that had made a cursed woman beg for her last rites.

Was there a hope for redemption that he did not know about, some way to break free of the curse. Leeala had often mentioned the need to hold on for just a little while longer, but he did not know what it was she meant by that , he had always thought that she had meant Judgment Day, but he was beginning to have his doubts.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:51 pm

His words seemed to almost pulse through the air around him it seemed to push the madness back from his mind. He found silence again for his thoughts, in a way that he had not noticed he was missing. Clarity touched him as even through the metal the rosary seemed to have an odd peaceful effect on his soul. Jo laid unmoving his blade holding her, making her body a prison for him to manipulate as he pleased. As he spoke the prayer clasping the rosary her body seemed to glow slightly, then as he marked her with sanctified oil the oil turned black as darkness seemed to ripple under her skin like tendrils of black ink against white marble.

The blackness seemed to try to boil to the surface of her flesh, her blue dead eyes bled to black as the inky darkness flowed from her eyes and mouth the high pitched sound of metal against metal sizzling from her flesh. His command to Melissa caused the girls eyes to move from Josephinaā€™s form to Christopher as she slid from the Titanā€™s claws and dashed into the wood line her body seemed to phase through the flames that acted as a barrier around them. The dragonā€™s spined undead like form ruffled as his maw opened and let loose a horrible roar of anger. Josephinaā€™s head slumped forward dripping the odd black ink over his armor and over the blade as it seemed to sizzle upon contact with the holy blade. When he pulled the blade from her flesh she jerked; though the warm air and the bell like sound echoed around them. Jo's screams of agony filled the forest around them as her body contorted in obviouse pain. Her fangs normally hidden were long as the black ink poured from her chest wound, lips, and eyes. The ink that had fallen on his armor sizzled in the glow and the beautiful sound.

The ink over Josephinaā€™s body burned away with green flames, and the huge dragon before them shrank back into the woodline as the trees around them shrank back as well green flames coiled around the trees that did not move back quickly enough from the bell like sound and the pulsing light. Josephinaā€™s back arched as her hands dug into the earth and she let out a blood curtailing scream yet again that ended in a gurgle as more blackness flowed from her lips. Within the span of light that the rosary and the blade created plants began to grow, and life sprung from where rot had once been. The ground that had been black turned brown then green around them the vines coiling about his armor and growing into lush ferns within seconds.

Josephina stopped screaming her skin going grey as blood flowed from the wound in her chest instead of the ink, warm living blood as her head fell to the side the remaining black draining from her throat and lips as her eyes fluttered slightly. She curled to her side and held the wound on her chest as blood continued to flow from the wound into the now green covered area. The plants growing over Tirzaā€™s unconscious form as well as the light and life continued to flow out from the blade and rosary.

Melissa ran away she ran as fast as she could she fled as he commanded the world around her grew darker, the trees around her rotted away into hollow skeletons as the ground under her feet turned to rot and death, not even fungus grew in the ground, it was as if everything was frozen and left to die. Leelea heard the bell toll; her eyes closed as she felt the darkness shift, and then it tolled again.. a note that called to her and strengthened her as she clasped her staff tighter and ran towards the sound. It wasnā€™t long before she came to the edge of the flamed barrier, her eyes looked around for a way to pass it.

She could not see through the flames as she felt a cold dark presence coil behind her. She turned and raised her staff just as the dragonā€™s fangs came down at her. Its maw grasped the staff as tendril of smoke coiled off the metal between them. She pulled at it and the Dragon pulled as well, though he was far stronger and lifted her off her feet. His claws came up and grasped for her waist as she screamed out calling to her father. The staff irrupted into light and the dragon squealed in agony as it let go of the staff. She jammed the end towards the beasts neck and it screamed again as black ink like blood exploded over her form. With a quick snapping motion she was left tumbling through the air, her form hitting a tree as she slid down and the world went black for a minute. Whispers filled her mind as her vision slowly came back, she could see the dragon grow closer yet her body would not move. A single voice sounded in her mind as a pleasurable tingle slid up her arm.

The roots of the trees coiled about her body as pleasurable madness sunk into her flesh like a poison. She gasped and struggled as a single whisper called into her mind, ā€Relax.. let me show you what he refused to show his missionaries.. let me show you sin.ā€ Thousands of sensations emotions and images flooded into her mind as she screamed out her hand gripping the wood at her back as the staff rest on the ground a good 2 feet from her sizzling with the titanā€™s blood.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Christopher watched as the black ink drained from her body, as she coughed it out, and watched it seep from her. The darkness leaving her as he heard the high pitched screeching , perhaps the blades, or the metal that had reinforced her bones rubbing against each other as the darkness left her. He noted the death of the wood following Melissa. Wherever she went the gate would open, he had to find a way to stop it, though he did not know how. He had been given a way to delay it, so long as Melissa was dead they could not open it. He looked back down to Josephine about to administer Justice upon her. She could not be separated from Katerzina. Josephine had made her choice, and he could not afford to leave her alive. She was too dangerous to him. He pulled back his sword about to swing to remove her head from her shoulders when he smelled the plain human blood. Even if she was alive a human was scarcely a threat to him, especially so badly wounded. He would just let her pass away as he looked to where Melissa had run, he had to find a way to stop Nyx from emerging. He was too weak to challenge her, and he had no way of closing it.

His mind flashed to Leelea as he heard the loud roar of the dragon, She was still mortal, still weak. His gait took him to the edge of the flame. He had seen Melissa run through and knew it was an illusion, else he would have heard her cry out as she passed through it. He thought if she fled the portal would close, but that was not the case. He called her back, his presence reaching our to her, drawing her to him as he released the pressure on her mind to flee. It would do no good in any case. He felt revitalized for the moment as he stood at the edge of the fire wall, focusing on healing though for some reason it was not happening as it should. Just as in Tirza's vision he was not healing. He had fought one demon and won, a mark to place on his shield, the first step to victory this day. As he marched, he listened carefully he would not have a sword driven into his back without warning, if he died it would bring honor to the man that defeated him.

He watched forward through the flames in front of him. His instincts were yelling that the green blaze would ignite and destroy him. Still, at this point he was dead, he was convinced the the Lord his God had not intended him to survive this night. As he saw the plants grow green around him, even in the midst of the flame he knew that he would not stop, he could not. His Lord has ushered him here for a reason and he would walk that path until its end. He drew on his faith as he stepped forward through the flame to the other side, the form of the dark dragon there, standing over Leelea's fallen and broken body.

He threw forth his presence again, the man growing weary in mind now as well as body, his solid will, his code of ethics, everything had been stretched. He was near the breaking point, but just as close to death. He called the attention of all that were there (Presence 1)ā€œHold dragon, or have you forgotten your charge. She fled, but now she comes. Stand fast to my challenge dragon. Be the first that has defeated me if you can. I am weak, but time will not remember that. It will remember one of two things. It will remember Nyx, the darkness that swallowed the earth, or it will remember nothing at all of this night. Think of what she would want from you, to stand over the broken form of a paralyzed woman, or would she want you to defend that which you were tasked to defend. He heard the running footsteps of Melissa behind him, completely unaware of the other danger that confronted Leelea now, the war waged in her mind.

He stood awaiting the Dragon's response he would end this, for the portal to open they all needed to be present. The girl, Melissa, despite her body, was still a girl. She still loved, and she loved him as well. He would give her the choice, live and allow the portal to open, or allow him to kill her and close the portal, preserving those that she loved in this world, and any that had shown her kindness. If she wished to die there would be nothing to stay his blade, first though he had to focus on the dragon. His new weapon while strong would not guarantee his victory here, he could only hope to do so much with it, and he was in desperate need of feeding. The ever present hunger in the back of his mind coming forward as his mind flashed to the warm human blood that had come from Josephine, the scent of Leelea laying not far off. His beast clawed at the surface, not far at all from manifesting again as he stood, awaiting the response to his challenge.

The green flames rose behind him, the ichors left of the demonic blood of Nyx left on his blade and armor sizzling in holy light. The bits of torn flesh hanging off of his armor where it had been rended by and fallen from Katerzina's talon like claw smoking and charring in the same. The blood red armor covered what would have been visible from his form as his third eye glowed the burning red of vengeance. The isle of green life growing around him, the coiling vines stretching like cracks in the death as sharp a contrast to the dying world around him as the heavenly aura of the blade and cross was to his own dead vampiric one. He stood there, the image of a lone man on the edge of eternal darkness, the earth had crumbled and broken, yet still he stood there. The battle cry of the doomed warrior echoing through the wood, amplified by his Majesty. ā€œHonor!ā€ Its wake leaving the world of chaos seeming silent and still for a moment.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

ā€œHold dragon, or have you forgotten your charge. She fled, but now she comes. Stand fast to my challenge dragon. Be the first that has defeated me if you can. I am weak, but time will not remember that. It will remember one of two things. It will remember Nyx, the darkness that swallowed the earth, or it will remember nothing at all of this night. Think of what she would want from you, to stand over the broken form of a paralyzed woman, or would she want you to defend that which you were tasked to defend.ā€

The dragonā€™s fanged maw was about to snap at Leeleaā€™s entangled form as Christopherā€™s challenge touched the air, causing the long spines down its back to bristle; a low deep rumble escaping its form, even from such a short distance away the titanā€™s body was half concealed in the darkness. He could feel Melissa turn and come ever closer, she ran towards him at the same speed she had fled and with her the darkness swelled, the light the blade and the rosary brought, stopped the darkness's advance; the green fire died down and extinguished as the balance between life and death seemed to linger at a standstill. Beyond the brilliant light that seemed to radiate from the broken knights form there was seething darkness. It was as if the darkness was alive, and it coiled around the light looking for a weakness in Christopherā€™s defences. Dark roots burrowed up from the ground withering and dying as soon as the light touched them, the massive form of the thorned dragon seemed to disappear in the darkness then it reappeared walking about Christopherā€™s form. Its massive body covered in black thorns that bristled and smoothed as it moved. Its huge indigo eyes narrowed as it circled him seeming to join with the darkness at various points making where it began and end seemed to blur to those around it. Christopherā€™s senses were being obscured by the light and power he held before him, the very life he wielded also diminished his powers of perception as it flooded the area. The freezing black fire stopped its dance once he had stepped through it.

Through the tangled darkness he could feel Melissaā€™s form pulse, it seemed to repel his blade and the rosary he still had touching the weapon though only slightly. Melissa was the source of the darkness.. and where darkness was light could not be, where light was darkness shrank away, it seemed the same here, the two opposites held a thin line against one another around Christopher. The wounds close to the light over Christopherā€™s form would stop burning letting his abilities heal them as if the light itself stopped the acidā€™s power against his flesh, areas too far away from the light still would not heal the acid seeming to push to devour more of him, but his body able to still its advance. This light had not been part of Tirzaā€™s vision, and its power caused his path to shift from the way her eyes had seen him die. Melissa was close he could not see her through the coil of blackness the titan created but she was there. His question touched the stillness around him; it disrupted the peace with its power much like his other words had, but like his other words he could see the darkness respond with sharp movements and coils.

"Melissa, You may live and allow the portal to open, or you may allow me to kill you and close the portal, preserving those that you love in this world, and any that have shown you kindness, these are your choices. now CHOOSE."

His question invoked violence in the girls protector, and with a sharp movement one of the razor wings of the dragon slashed out with a quick snap. Its form burned in the light but the movement swift enough to avoid too much damage; the wing would crash into his back sending his form sprawling forward if he did not notice in time. With the blade and the rosary pinned under his form the dragon would slam its massive talons to the knights back its maw snapping for his head and its nails digging into his armour as if it wasnā€™t there. Acid also laced this beastā€™s talons and fangs; the same powerful acid Katerzinaā€™s demonic self had been laced in.

Even for the instant that the shadow penetrated the light, Christopher would hear the whispers from the darkness, the maddening screams and the hissed laughter; it would be defining and allow him to understand exactly how much he had been hearing before the bell sounded and the light shielded him. The darkness was madness and the light peace, all he had to do was keep in the light. At the same instant the dragon attacked Melissaā€™s form became visible to him. The beastā€™s tail curled before the girl pushing her from getting too close to Christopher. Her violet eyes wide with fear as her white hair coiled about her body like living threads of shimmering silk. Her paleness glowed in the darkness like shimmering moonlight on the darkest of nights as she watched the attack with fear and upset plain on her features. The ground frozen about her though where the ice met the boundary of light it paused and arced around creating a circle where the light ended and the darkness began.

She had heard his words it was obvious in her fear struck features, she didnā€™t want to die, it was plain as the fear on her face. Her eyes darted to the dragon lunging at his back then back to Christopherā€™s gaze, the darkness extended around her as she closed her eyes ice formed over the dragonā€™s tail as she bounded over it and blurred into the light. Her eyes faded to blue, looking rather human instead of cat like; the black cat ears and tail fell away to ash as she wrapped her arms about his armoured shoulder. She would have stopped his topple forward if the blow had been a surprise; her head leaned against his chest and sword armā€™s shoulder. The dragonā€™s form would shrink back into the darkness a low rumbled growl hissing from its skeletal thorned frame; it would not risk hurting Melissa, or pushing Christopher to act against her. Melissa would hold Christopher tight with enough strength to bend metal as whimpers slid from her lips. Her white hair slid down her back, and through her pale hair and flesh tendrils of darkness seeped out her back like massive wings made of tattered black silk. The darkness streamed from her body and escaped the light feeding the coiling madness outside of his protective sphere. Something tugged at his chest, her form seemed to almost shiver and he felt coldness grasp him, his body and soul seemed to almost be pulled towards the girlā€™s embrace as whispers touched his mind again.

The whisper of Nyx touched him once again the blade and the rosary protected him from falling into the abyss, but could not protect him from Nyxā€™s voice when the gateway held him so close. ā€Let go of the blade Christopher.. let go of the sword join me.. I can heal you.. I can bring about such wonder for you. Can you really kill such a child? Such a sweet child that would hold you close even though she knows you wish to kill her? Come now Christopher.. there is another way.. let her live.. let go of the sword and join me.. she can be your sweet daughter.. you can keep my Fate.. you can reign over the world for the rest of your days.. you can make the world the way it should be.. ask.. and it will be yours.. armies all for you.. darkness eternal all for you.. let it go Christopher.. just open your hand... and feed from the child before you.. make her like you.. drink my power and hers.. and take what you wish.ā€

Melissaā€™s trembling voice sounded as well as she whimpered and quaked like the little girl she had always been, ā€I donā€™t want anyone else to get hurt... Will I see my Mom and Dad again?ā€ Her eyes turned up towards his armoured face. Her blue orbs brilliant and wide with fear as tears rolled down her cheeks freezing before they reached her chin.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Christopher stood there, his blade out and down to his side awaiting the dragon's answer to his challenge. IT came in the form of a deep rumble. The beast was compelled to defend the girl it seemed, even the antithesis, a being of light held it to his side. He could scarcely see the form tangled in roots and laying on the ground Leelea, the great angel who had made an error. She had been curious and she let that shield her caution. She gave up her strength for that. His resolve steeled as he thought of this wearied and injured he was far from finished.

He watched as the acid close to the light lost its power and he focused a small part of his attention on healing, the act almost reflective for him after a millennium of life bathed in battle. Still he knew the light would burn him should it touch him so he would simply wait. He squinted and strained, feeling blind from the light he wielded. The light he needed for victory was making him weak. His destiny was his own again, in the vision Rhoan had come and killed him as he walked from the battle he had just changed He focused once more on the dragon as the memory vanished from his mind.

He felt the darkness coil and move as he asked Melissa the question, as he asked her to choose. It was only an instant, and strain as he might he could see nothing. Still an instant before the attack landed he felt something coming from behind him. The light vanished for an instant as he blurred, the light vanishing for the moment as he brought his blade vertically over his head, the blade running down his back, and protecting his spine, He knew what the acid coating that creature's wings had could do and he would not let it cut so easily to his flesh, the light erupting behind him, shining out as the dragon's wing would slam into the blade, its light shining only behind him for the time. As the wing would slam into it, the blade would run into his armor knocking him forward. HE would step forward as the dragon withdrew his foot slamming into the ground stabilizing him as he felt Melissa press against him. He had missed what had happened before him, his focus on the attack coming from behind, the sword held high above him as the dragon withdrew into the darkness.

It was then that he felt her arms come up and wrap around her shoulder as he strength moved through the ground the surface hardly cracking as he strength was eroded from the geyser of earth that should have erupted, the holy light muting his power. Her head rested against his chest as the light shined down from above them scarcely bathing them in light as she rested there so close to him, the darkness repelling the light that shone from the sword. The metal in his armor creaked lightly as she pressed herself into the hug the metal bundling to allow it. The child loved him, her body looked different, but she was still a child. He watched her innocence holding him and it was that which stayed his blade. He did not know who she was, or what she meant when she asked if she would see her parents again.

Nyx's whispers seeped into his mind as the darkness in the girl was brought closer to him. The madness that would blanket the world should he fail, then came Nyx's sweet voice her chilling words weaving their way into his mind.

ā€œLet go of the blade Christopher.. let go of the sword join me.. I can heal you.. I can bring about such wonder for you. Can you really kill such a child? Such a sweet child that would hold you close even though she knows you wish to kill her? Come now Christopher.. there is another way.. let her live.. let go of the sword and join me.. she can be your sweet daughter.. you can keep my Fate.. you can reign over the world for the rest of your days.. you can make the world the way it should be.. ask.. and it will be yours.. armies all for you.. darkness eternal all for you.. let it go Christopher.. just open your hand... and feed from the child before you.. make her like you.. drink my power and hers.. and take what you wish.ā€

As she spoke he thought of the temptations, what he could do with power like that. He could survive, to make the world as God wanted it. To restore the church. He could live to be judged by his acts his restoration of the church of the peace he would bring through his might, He could eliminate the lies and bring forth the truth how could he not be elevated.
It was then that Melissa's trembling voice though weak and quiet broke through to him. ā€œI don't want anyone else to get hurt...Will I see my Mom and Dad again?ā€ The tears rolling down her cheeks turned nothing in his heart she had asked his aid in stopping what she was doing, it was God's will pulling him from the demon's offer.

The light vanished as he turned the blade down and plunged it for the base of her skull, aiming to replace her spine with the blade. The world would be in his hands. If he could defeat the dragon it would be saved if he failed it would be over, in the instant it took the blade to reach her spine his mind would flash back to the field around him. Josephine, Fate, Leelea, all three would be laying there on the ground. Rhoan away on the other side of the gate he thought. It was himself Melissa and the dragon, set to face off with one another alone, nothing around them, the force of passionate light against the cold icy darkness. The battle would be fought as Christopher met Melissa's eyes unafraid of what he would see there.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 am

The darkness rippled with a single voice of panic, the now quieted blade lashed forward with a speed that only those of immortal ability could have even seen move. The girl flinched but did not move her eyes closed tightly, the darkness pushed in all around him as soon as his body started the motion, he saw the terrible wings of the dragon wrap about the fading light that protected him. Nyx summoned all her force, she summoned all her hatred, and desire against the force of light. Nyx did not give freedom of choice like the light did she gave direction.. horrible direction for those that served her, it made them mindless in a way and the dragon reacted without thought to her will. His bladed fanged maw penetrated the fading warmth of light as the sword raised, his jaw closing around Christopherā€™s wrist and the blade itself. Upon contact with the tainted flesh the blade irrupted into light once again the jaw of the dragon exploded with the light, yet the dark skull, fangs, and bones held tightly with the will of its mistress.

The head jerked to the side with enough force to rip the wrist from Christopherā€™s arm, yet as it did the power the vampire wielded, the speed at which he moved, and the light tore the great beastā€™s head asunder. It would depend on Christopherā€™s own strength and will if he would withstand such a blow, if the acid and darkness would tare his sword and possibly his hand from his arm ending his ability to complete the blow, or if his will would withstand and keep hold of his holy blade. Even still the light traveled through the skeletal bladed form causing it to irrupt in a twisted mixture of green and purple flame. Now that its form was a lit it was truly impressive in form and stature. Its body coiled with such size that the word titan seemed to barely come close to the deadly perfection of its powerful bladed silhouette.

Tirzaā€™s mind irrupted in searing pain, her body was compelled to move, she stood up pulling the green plants from her standing to see the dragon burst into unnatural flames. Her eyes went wide as the searing pain sliced through her again driving her forward; she turned to see a staff not far from her and the lash of agony compelled her to pick it up. Christopher could feel his will over her and the will of another war within the girl as her fingers closed around the angelic smooth metal staff. Her tan skin glowed golden with it when it touched her and she turned her copper eyes towards the burning dragon and the light where her master stood.

Every fiber of her body seared with pain as she started moving towards the light, she had to stop the light, she had to stop him. Her mind struggled against her own soul.. against the force that brought her existence, she had to kill Christopher.. she was commanded to kill him. Yet her very blood and mind boiled against the idea, her dark hair swirled about her shoulders as she advanced. Her cut and bloody form weaving its way through the flames towards the light; the staff held before her as the weapon shifted to a point at both ends conforming to the will of its wielder.

ā€You donā€™t have to kill him.. just make him sleep.. drive the staff into his heart.. and make him sleep then we can keep him safe Tirza.. if he continues he will die.. we must save him.ā€

Tirzaā€™s eyes burned with the power of her soul, the voice whispered to her, and then another voice seemed to drive her darkness fed her and her speed increased as time itself bent around her. She had to make him sleep.. if he did not sleep he would die. He would feel her advance, yet she moved faster than his senses could follow, she raced into the past and the present with her speed the now spear like weapon jabbed for the center of his back at the same moment the dragonā€™s form burned due to the will of the light he wielded. The holy weapon glowed in his servantā€™s hands as she jabbed it for his heart. She knew she had to stop before the holy weapon reached the girl he held.. the girl was an innocent.. her strand was not supposed to be cut.. not yet.. it was not her time.. or that is what the voices told her.

Understanding touched Leelea.. a deep understanding of what this was all about, what she had never known, and why her beloved father had chosen not to tell her. The sweet passion touched her, the sweet taste for desire coated her senses, lust, greed, hunger, wrath, envy, pride, and gluttony filled her with needs she had never seen. She wanted it all for herself, the voice whispered in her mind, it held her and fed her power, the trees themselves fed her power, the shadows fed her. This woman had taken her in when her own father turned his back on her, this woman gave her strength when her father took it, she knew everything now, and she wanted more.

The trees pulled from her she felt horrible magic slid into her, horrible emotions filled her, and she pushed herself from the forest floor, in the darkness her red hair would have dulled to dark brown, her skin still pale as death, and her blue eyes arced with purple light. Massive black wings ripped themselves from her flesh, each wing tattered and coiled with darkness. She had one thing she needed to do, she had to make Christopher see the darkness.. she had to stop the light.. once and for all she had to stop her Fatherā€™s selfish lies.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:11 am

The holy blade was plunging down, glowing brightly with the bright, pure white light, hoping its nature would keep the titan away. Victory was his for a moment, but then he saw it. The bladed flash of the gaping titan's maw sliding toward his sword arm, it was before the blow landed, but not in time to move out out the way. He would turn the blade sideways to cut through the jaw as it clamped down and around it. He focused his will on it as the jaws came clamping around his arm, the acid beginning to burn through it, and cutting through the armor as if it were not there. The pain was intense as he he continued to focus his will on breaking through the jaw, pushing pushing down on the blade. His strength not quite enough to breach through he had left a deep groove but he also know that would be too late, the next clamp would separate his arm from his shoulder and he did not think his strength enough to break it.

The titan erupted in flames, the holy light burning it in a way that must have made the pain intense for the titan, the holy light digging further through the bladed jaw, the force of the bite he had taken still pressing on his arm. He realized then the titan had no intention of letting his arm go, that the teeth were pressing into his arm and its teeth were dripping acid burning it away where the shadow of its teeth shielded it. He had been waiting for an instant to react when there titan opened his maw to finish separating his arm, but now he saw that he did not need to it would not be long before it could simply wrench it off. Just as he brought the full force down to cut through the titan's jaw it broke off, the blade plunging down toward the girl. He thanked God for guiding his hand and blade though the armor he wore that protected him from magic also made him unable to feel the Power that had broken the jaw from beneath his blade and that surrounded the girl and him. It was force as pure and simple as could be. Christopher did not know Why God had acted in such a manner though he was glad he had, until the staff would be driven into his back just moments after his blade hit the ground, , the protective force vanishing from around him.

His body froze and refused to move as he slowly began to topple forward. The light that had protected him as much as it had from the titan also had numbed his sense, too late had he realized the attack from behind he was so focused on his attack, and where the titan was. The staff shattered against his stone hard skin a moment later. While normally an advantage it left it hard to remove the stake from him as none of it protruded from his flesh.

Falling forward he caught a glimpse of what he only barely recognized as Leelea and he fought to impose his thoughts to her head. (Auspex 4) <Leelea Solimar ask your father's forgivness, only he loves you enough to let you choose, only he loves you enough to let you fail, let you learn. Nyx is a demon and she lies, her offers of sweet rewards and power to do what you will come with a terrible price. Do you not think I would wish to take up that power to use it to save myself now, but no, Our Father who art in heaven, would not wish it so. Please Leelea, give up the power before you use it, before you cannot walk away. Please I beg you fight against my soul for all eternity, and cripple me that I may not be commanded to take action against Our father when my soul is commanded to. Your father does what Nyx cannot, he loves you. Ask and you shall be forgiven.>

It was then that his eyes could no longer see her and a second later his face collapsed to the ground he could not see anything but he knew that she had heard, he knew because he caught her first thought.

He lay there face down on the ground, knowing he had failed, Nyx would resurect the girl as she has said and the gate would open, it was the end of the fight for him, Josephina was gone, Leelea corrupted, or powerless. It was over certainly, there was nothing to oppose Nyx, and for the the first time in several hundred years Sir Christopher Redway was defeated totally.

A man once shrouded by magic in the chaos now stood visible. He tightly held his staff of gnarled wood, its near living length etched with silver runes of a language long since dead. On his left hand he wore a ring of pure silver, shaped as the wind swirling about it, ending in a mouth-like void. On his other was a second ring of silver as well, though this one was in the shape of a twisted vine wrapping thrice around his finger, a blossom on the top that moved between bloom and bud. Upon his head was straggly hair long, and mostly ungroomed, though clean, the rustic look of the man he was passing middle age, and his face showed the strong wear of stress, his loose, black, speckled beard was almost as moss save for the color. He had been watching hoping that the gate would be closed by the forces there that opposed her, he had no need to do anything at all.

Unfortunately this was not the case, the brave servant of the dead was about to fall. This he had no problem with for some time the dead presence in the castle on the hill held it back the forest there. He would never encroach because the balance would have to be maintained even for that. Only in balance is there room for growth. The Titan's jaw separated and the dark ally fallen he focus on the body Christopher had been so eager to kill, the girl there. As he glanced at her lifeless body he felt the world around her devoid of life, devoid of power, it was death and chaos, it was who he had thought. It was Nyx, night and chaos he looked at those there, the titan large and looming would take first priority in his focus, but second would be the girl Tirza and the fat she held inside. He knew the will of the fate to be what controlled her now. The eyes and skin aglow showing that as she commanded the girl In his right hand he created a complex set of pursts of force, in his left he formed a second working, as he did the ground beneath her feet became as thick sap. For twenty yards in any direction

Even as he stood there his face held no emotion, nothing but plain focus, the deadly look of a man that had been around as long as any of the three, and even more frightening the magic he held was not only his not just the magick of an ancient mortal who seemed to be timeless, but that of Gaia, nature herself channeled through a mortal shell. If she were paying attention Nyx would be certain to recognize it moments before the man spoke, his own tone amplified with a double voice of both he and Gaia speaking in concert. ā€œNyx You were sent there long ago, banished not to return. You should have known not to try to come here so close to the tree of life, and at the heart of my domain.ā€ He planted the staff before lifting it focusing his will waiting for the bladed titan to attack.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 pm

(under construction)

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The huge bladed shadow rippled with powerful light its body sounding with the sizzle of fat as well as the scream of the oils and magic burning from the hulking figure. The Jaw fell from the massive dragon like Titan as the blade left its maw sending embers of burning pitch like substance spewing across the open field. It seemed like the world slowed as the creature tumbled to the ground, the darkness pushed back by the fires as the luminous blade cut into the small pale woman before the vampire. A gasp from her lips as her wide eyes looked up into the eyes of her killer, blood splattered against his tatored armor, as the staff thrashed through his back locking with his heart. Tirzaā€™s long black hair shimmering gold as the Fate controlled her movements, time pulsing around them as she cut her way through the gentle fabric that made up the weave.

The gateway pulsed with the heartbeat of the girl it was tied to, the black threads connected to the runes over Melissaā€™s back began to fray as her form lit with the holy energy of the rosary and the blade Christopher wielded. The tattoos over her back seemed to lift from her skin, her body crumpling half under the armored figure of the vampire knight as blood soaked into the blackened earth. Mixed with the blood was blackened rot, the life blood of Nyx bled from the youthful womanā€™s figure soaking into the earth and disappearing from view. Tirzaā€™s hands grasped the staff easing her master to the ground gently as she stood over him gasping and trembling. Her glowing hair sank against her form as the golden light faded. The dragonā€™s figure collapsed totally as her glow diminished as well, her golden eyes looked towards the girl that was dying beneath her masterā€™s body. Worry and horror crossed her face as the Fate within her screamed in agony, the power that she wielded diminished as her hands trembled against the golden staff.

Sweat glistened against her tan skin causing her black hair to stick to her features, the dragonā€™s body soon smoldered to embers, it seemed like all the light went from the world at once. The embers faded to darkness, the blade imbedded in the pale girl turned to nothing but normal steal, and the golden staff faded as Tirzaā€™s body turned to its normally dark complexion. Tirza gasped her life being the only sound that could be heard through the deadness, her eyes faded to copper as she kneeled at her Masterā€™s side. Her hands pulled the helm from his form as she heard the light foot falls of someone else approach. She let the helm fall to the ground as her fingers ran through Christopherā€™s hair. Her eyes locked on the lips and chest of a man who looked aged and wild, yet familiar to her.

His figure was imposing yet quaint as her hands began to shake against the sleeping vampireā€™s face and hair. The gateway fluxed as the last tendrils of shadow ripped from the childā€™s back, the portal quivered with darkness as it reached out to the others around it. At first its coiling tendrils tried to latch onto Christopher only to be repelled as an odd metal screech touched the dead world around them. Then the tendrils latched onto Tirzaā€™s body, her head titled back as she cried out in pain. The black fingers of darkness like wisps of smoke as they flowed into Tirzaā€™s lips and eyes. Her skin darkened as her breaths stopped, the odd green clad spiritā€™s magic would soak into the Earth at her feet as his words touched the air. The Portal flared to life once again as it latched onto the Fateā€™s life force trapped within Tirzaā€™s flesh. As the man spoke with the deep powerful tone of the force he served Tirzaā€™s body tensed. When he finished speaking she screamed out in tortured agony as her hands moved to the side of her face. Her nails turned to claws as her screams ended in a insane cackle. Her normally dark hair turned to a pitch similar to indigo, her eyes glowed with an intense purple light as she fell to her knees laughing hysterically. Her tattered cloths and skin stuck to the sap he summoned her giggles echoed through the darkness as the world around the Druid echoed with similar laughter as if from millions of other voices. Then they all silenced as Tirzaā€™s lips parted in a devilish smirk that was partially obscured by her purple hair. Her eyes burned through the shadows cast by her hair, they had the look of purple cats eyes, the same mark as the goddess that had control of chaos and night. Her voice sounded with the same powerful pulse that Eaglyanderā€™s tone had summoned, as if the gods spoke to one another through the flesh they channeled magic through

ā€Shhhhhh child.. speaking to an elder with such disrespect should be a crime against the very fabric of spaceā€¦ā€¦.. You should be on your knees before me, instead of my servant on her knees before you. Donā€™t you grow weary of fighting me? Wouldnā€™t it just be easier to let me take what is rightfully mine? Listen Child.. one world makes little difference in the scope of all we holdā€¦ One world is a petty price to pay, This world is already rotting from your hold, the flees here destroy more of your influence day in and day out. Why not let me keep them? Why not let me control this world and you bring the proper life to the next. Humans are deaf to your calls, they do not want to listen.. go make a race who will listen, take your tree and move to someplace that will listen rather than destroy.ā€ Tirzaā€™s lips continued to part in the insane smirk, the scars over her small frame glowed with purple light as her body channeled the full will of the goddess still held behind the gate. Her white teeth glistened behind the black lips, yet they too had been changed by the goddessā€™s touch. Instead of the normal flat teeth of man lingered nothing but sharp hook like fangs.

Leeleaā€™s black wings flexed as she stood watching her dark eyes took in every movement and every word. Her mind battled between the confusing words of the darkness that held her, and the warmth of the words that Christopher had left imprinted in her mind. The darkness fogged her thoughts, everything seemed locked away, and lost as she stood there unable to even choose to move forward or back. Her dark eyes did not waver from Christopherā€™s exposed face, her pale skin glistened in the darkness like the only partially visible lines of a specterā€™s form. From the youthful strong features of Sir Redway her eyes locked on the hilt of the holy blade that now was sheathed in the small girls dead body. The smell of blood coated the world with its thick iron sweetness, her mind fought to take control to think at all, yet the darkness left her numb and confused.

She reached up to touch the necklace that had guided her only to find it missing, her eyes lingered on the staff now embedded in Christopherā€™s armored back. He told her to ask for forgivenessā€¦.. She didnā€™t understand what he wanted? His words played over and over again in her mind. Her memories of him being swallowed by the darkness yet his last words to her mind could not be erased as the voices tore at her sanity. She looked down at her pale taloned fingers, and they seemed wrong, hunger, lust, and insane agony swallowed her whole yet she felt numb and dead. She could not remember her name, then as her dark eyes looked up towards the gateway she noticed the rosary. More pain touched her, yet she felt she needed the device for some purpose. The word forgiveness kept whispering in her mind as she walked purposely towards the bodies crumpled in the center of the seething earth. Her pale nude foot touched the black sap like substance and she paused. Her long black hair falling against her cheek as her overly perfected features contorted in a slight confusion. Her eyes looked back to the rosary hanging on the hilt of the sleeping blade, then she stepped forward her feet sticking to the sap as she hissed and pushed her form forward more. The pain of the insanity numbed her to the feel of her skin and flesh being ripped away as she stepped over the sap. It swallowed her feet but she ripped them free shredding skin from muscle and muscle from tendon as each step became more and more difficult.

Her form blended with the darkness she wouldnā€™t have even been apparent if it wasnā€™t for the fact Eaglyander could feel the sap shift from her body moving through it.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aipsylon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Christopher Watched the titan fall apart before him, the Glory of God shining out before him as the world seemed to bow to its light. The will of God being done all around him. He collapsed and as he began to fall forward he had spoken to the fallen angel. When he did not fall completely, surprised to be held by the very one that had staked him. The very one that had put an end to his involvement. The one that had doomed him to die,or worse to continue as Nyxā€™s servant. Doomed to continue, but not on a path that would earn him salvation. He watched the events unfolding around them. Powerless to stop nyx, the mother, from coming into the world, into his servant. He sank into the ground, getting deeper and deeper after Tirza let him go, after the goddess took control of her The saplike ground, consumed him as the weight of his armor pulled him down.

Vio stood there a moment, though Nyx would feel what the stationary man was doing. He had seen her play host to what no mortal could do. He saw her take down the old vampire, and most of all he saw her taken by the one known as Nyx, the goddess of the night. Gaia told him of the weakness of avatars long ago. How she cautioned him never to allow himself to be controlled by another entitiy. How that entity could be used to force them out. Just like the fate could be used to force her mother out. Still such may not be the easiest way. He wondered if her powers would still work the same as they had. The titan Nyx was running out of hosts to use. Then she spoke:

ā€Shhhhhh child.. speaking to an elder with such disrespect should be a crime against the very fabric of spaceā€¦ā€¦.. You should be on your knees before me, instead of my servant on her knees before you. Donā€™t you grow weary of fighting me? Wouldnā€™t it just be easier to let me take what is rightfully mine? Listen Child.. one world makes little difference in the scope of all we holdā€¦ One world is a petty price to pay, This world is already rotting from your hold, the flees here destroy more of your influence day in and day out. Why not let me keep them? Why not let me control this world and you bring the proper life to the next. Humans are deaf to your calls, they do not want to listen.. go make a race who will listen, take your tree and move to someplace that will listen rather than destroy.ā€

Did she think him an idiot, no, she would know that he did not have an issue with that she was buying time. It must be close, but clearly she needed something else to escape, but what. He began to approach the darkness slowly, his motions as timeless and patient as they had ever been. Gaiaā€™s weight pushed out from him as the gravity where Tirza knelt would seem to grow, pulling her down as the earth began to rise up. Vio spoke alone, as he channeled Gaiaā€™s will through his body and into the earth. It was simple magic, lasting, powerful strong. Nothing complex about it, but in its simplicity it resonated with the earth.

ā€œA child. I have lived here my whole life, and I can tell you that even I know you will not stop at one planet. Introduce chaos and life cannot go on. You are hardly here now. If I wished I could simply arrive where you are. Can you say the same?ā€
He knew that she could not yet, and he knew also that the earth magic would let him know what she could do, how much power the fate and Nyx could use while like this. The glowing scars showing him where her eyes were he went to draw on the Fateā€™s weakness, betting on the fact that Nyx would be too arrogant to look away as he went to meet her eyes.

aipsylon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neava13 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Tirzaā€™s form shivered with power as the gateway lashed into her very flesh, allowing Nyx to channel more and more of herself through the small girl. The black portal became all the more stretched as chaos flowed into the world of Gaiaā€™s influence. The purple eyed youth grinned wider as Christopher and Melissa sank into the womb of the world owned by light and order. Her eyes did not move to meet the spirit of lifeā€™s, instead they closed as a horrible cold lashed through the gateway. The sap like rotting earth froze as the possessed girl screamed out tarring her form from the mig shift prison. The sap like earth shattered as the cold pulled the freedom and strength from it turning into something similar to stone. Her skin rended from her flesh as the fragile form the goddess held broke under the strain of the magic and strength. Fingers and parts of her hands as well as the skin of her knees and arms were left in the frozen earth. Hot blood fell from the morbid wounds as Tirzaā€™s small form giggled in fits of insanity; the last black tendrils of the gate lashed into her back like spears causing her laughter to stop as her head titled back and her eyes opened wide. They burned with a horrible fire, a fire only seen in the deepest dark of hell. She lifted her broken hands and arms letting them hang at mangled angles then with a sickening pop she extended her hands and arms out to her sides. The bones snapped back into place with unnatural ease the blood that had flowed from her rended flesh stopped by darkness that coiled over the fragile flesh of the girl now held by chaos.

Tirzaā€™s head continued to tilt back as her body began to float her feet and ankles braking as they were ripped from the frozen sap as well. She made no sound and blood dripped over the Earth then her broken feet gently set on top of the felled earth. The girl titled her head forward her black hair fell over her eyes tangled with ebon flames as she stepped forward towards the timeless man. Her movements were jerky, broken, and dead, resembling the broken disjointed movements of things only seen by accident. Each footfall sent a horrible time slowing frost over the ground as the sound of cracks floated about them, as if the girl was walking on ice that threatened to break any moment. He could feel the freezing touch extend deep into the forest the very earth being stopped in time. Where Tirza could move outside the flow of time the goddess was using her body to freeze the world in time, to utterly stop life around her. As the ice spread towards the timeless man it flowed around him, he could feel the chill yet it held now power over his form as he stepped on the frozen ground his connection with Gaia faltering slightly as Nyx began to shift this world into the timeless chaos she controlled.

Tirza began to giggle more as she walked right to the man, her eyes shrouded by darkness as her broken movements finally stopped and the deep cracking from the Earth around them slowed. Her head titled sideways then with a quick jerk and the sound of breaking bone and tarring muscle her head titled back so she could look up at him. Her hair parted showing off a single Purple catā€™s eye as her small hands began to grow and turn into talons of ebon fire. Tirza began to grow her eye locked on his as her small body contorted more and more growing to the point where she titled her head downward to look into the green clad manā€™s face. Massive broken and rotten wings ripped from her back as her arms lengthened and her hair turned to serpentine ropes. Tirzaā€™s second eye became exposed as she looked into his eyes and suddenly the magic both the servant of Gaia and the servant of Nyx shared exploded as both of their eyes met. The world exploded with sound around them like a massive bang as the two oposit forces slammed into one another.

Nyxā€™s voice echoed through the darkness as both of their minds were torn to a future not yet come to pass, ā€If you wisshhhh.. to ssseeee.. your.. deattthhhh.. sssso be.. itā€ her voice hissed like a snake through his mind and soul, it shuddered through his very being as the two servants and the two gods battled. Searing agony shot through both Tirza and the ageless man as the vision began. A blade of ebony night sliced through the green clad figures stomach, formally such a wound would have been of little consequence, however this blade was unique, it sank into his flesh eating away the life and turning it into rot. He began to feel his body infected by unlife his existence torn as he fell forward his hands digging into the Earth as he used the power of life to stem the infection. His form shivered from existence and reappeared some distance away from his attacker the wound at his stomach still bleeding life from him more and more. Suddenly an imposing form dressed in black armor lunged forward, his feet spread death where ever they tred, he brought his staff up as the black blade cut into the iron wood. The armored figure pushed his form forward as a deep growl rumbled from the metal, then the figure seemed to go intangible as if he was there one moment then gone the next as the trees around him began to rot from the inside out. He looked down at the wound at his stomach as a second black mark began to grow through his clothing and flesh over the center of his chest.

He felt the heart tree writhe in agony, he felt every tree he tended beginning to rot from the inside out. He pulled his form through the link and arrived next to the hear tree to see the death knight holding its ebon blade through the center of the massive oak. The trees leaves turned to blood red as they began to fall all at once, the wood cracked as veins of rot and death bled through the bark before his eyes. The very same veins of black growing over his own flesh as his own blood began to freeze in his veins. The knight left the sword in the heart tree as the timeless servant of Gaia fell to his knees; the agony rocking him to the very core as everything he was linked to died at once. The knight grabbed his hair and pulled him to his feet, the other armored hand grabbing for his throat. Purple eyes burned from under the black visor then there was a quick jerked movement of the hand at his throat and the pain ended.

As Tirzaā€™s flesh conveyed the image of death her broken body reformed. Her body contorted, her legs became a serpentine tail that curled around the druid, yet the flesh of the serpent was drawn and held tightly against its bones, her torso was half skeletal with long spines that ran down her back, her wings curled around the green clad form as her long skeletal black arms held the manā€™s shoulders in place. Tirzaā€™s now skeletal face with long hooked black fangs was not even an inch from the druidā€™s face. Her strands of serpentine hair coiled about his head locking their eyes together as her long serpentine lower extremity locked around the man tighter and tighter.

Leelea was locked in the frozen earth, her hand reaching for the rosary as she tore at her own legs to touch it. The sword frozen in the ground yet even though the blade was held in the prison the rosary still hung free. Every inch closer her pale fingers came to the jet and silver creation the more the jet seemed to almost turn pearl in color and the silver began to glisten as gold. She cried out as her bones of her legs broke the maddening voices clawing at her yet she wanted this thing.. this beautiful thing.. it would give her what she craved more than anything else. She screamed out as she wrenched one of her legs from the stone literally ripping her foot from her flesh as her fingers came within centimeters of the device. Her black lips spread showing her fangs as she hissed and tore at her other leg, her footless extremity kneeling against the ice as her fingers brushed the device. For an instant the voices stopped, for an instant she had peace, her eyes going wide as she pushed herself harder the bones of her other legs shattering under the insane attempt to be released from the clutches of madness. Like a fox chewing off its own leg madness and fear gripped the fallen angel so much she would have torn off her own head if it meant freedom from the agony.

There was a final crack of bone as she fell to her face on the iced stone; black blood flowed from her footless lower extremities as she crawled towards the sword. Her hand grabbed the rosary, her fingers brushing the holy blade that also held the device as light and sound exploded in a single beautiful note. Instead of chaos order touched her, instead of agony, came peace, instead of lustful need came contentment. She curled her body around the blade as the darkness was torn from her flesh the ice melting instantly as the gateway yawned away from the pulse of light. Leelea clasped the blade and rosary as music filled her mind, music without sound that warmed her soul as she asked for one thing.. she asked for forgiveness her broken mind mending at the single request. Another pulse of light caused the serpentine monster to shudder its eyes and mind too locked on the task at hand. Leeleaā€™s hair turned from black to red her hands paled as the talons fell from them. Her wings exploded as her black blood flowed red from her footless ankles. She pushed herself up to her knees as she grabbed the hilt of the blade and began trying to free it from the Earth. A single voice echoed in her mind now.. this voice had no words though only glorious emotion and kindness.

It was time to stop the darkness.. she had to stop it before it was too late. Tirzaā€™s mangled shifted body seemed to waver as the light touched the area, her control over the gift of death faltering as she began to share the vision. The vision played back again for the second time as she shivered from the pain her skeletal dark form tightening and becoming as lost in the sight as the green clad form before her might be.

Neava13
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!