Oakfarm Asylum

Oakfarm Asylum

a part of “Oakfarm Asylum”, a fictional universe by Benevolent.

Yet another corrupt establishment which focuses its resources on the care and rehabilitation of the mentally disturbed and ill. However, to make things interesting, there is a twist to this story.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Oakfarm Asylum”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Oakfarm Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Benevolent on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:03 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Oakfarm Asylum"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Benevolent
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Oakfarm Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi! Sorry, but do you mind if I reserve a male character based on Otto Cherik from Discworld? This seems like a really interesting idea and I'd love to take part in this. His face claim will be Nagito Komaeda.

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

moahi
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom's Bullet on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:06 pm

Yo. This roleplay idea is actually really baller. Can I get a female character based on Little Red Riding Hood, kind of like exposing a darker side of the fairy tale. Can I use Anna Kushina from K thing?

Edit : Here. To save you the trouble
Last edited by Phantom's Bullet on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phantom's Bullet
Member for 5 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daiagnosis on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:19 pm

I think I'm going to join in on this as well. I want to play a dark version of Cinderella, taking from the older versions of it where she killed her stepmother. My face claim will be Eto from Tokyo Ghoul.

Daiagnosis
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazamizari on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:28 am

this looks like a lot of fun. . . I'd like a male Patient.
Based on||The Raven -Edgar Allen Poe
FC||Ciel- Black butler
Thanks!

Mazamizari
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Benevolent on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:35 am

Hey, guys.

Thanks for the interest!

Everyone who has asked to reserve a role has been written down.

Benevolent
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armin Arlert on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:34 am

Hello, I'm very much interested to join as a patient. The story would be Alice in Wonderland. The face claim I'd like is Shizuo Heiwajima.

Armin Arlert
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

This is really interesting, I'll join! :)

Two questions; 1, How does this who story thing work, exactly? So, the patients think they're a character of the story or believe that world exists, if I have it right? Second, May I have two characters? Either two patients who believe they are from the same story or a patient and a doc of the Asylum? And yes, I'm sure I can handle two characters, I've done it before. I don't abandon my RPs either, if I leave it's because everyone else did first.

My story would be Peter Pan, FC Toshiro Hitsugaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-cMWcXtBI

"Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie has more adult themes than you’d guess. Peter brings Wendy to Neverland to act as a mother to the Lost Boys. With time, Wendy starts to fall in love with Peter and asks him how he feels for her. He describes himself as her faithful son.
Friend zoned.

One of the sinister things that Peter Pan would do is “thin the lost boys out ” when there were too many of them or when they got too old.

Fairy Dust was added later for health and safety reasons. Originally Peter and the Lost Boys could fly unaided, but after several reports of children injuring themselves attempting to fly from their beds, JM Barrie added Fairy Dust as a necessary factor for flying.

Barrie's original draft depicts Pan as a villain, kidnapping children from their beds; Captain Hook was only added later, as a theatrical device to distract the audience while stagehands changed the scenery. "To die would be an awfully big adventure," says Peter Pan in one of the novel's most famous lines.

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armin Arlert on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Oscar is completed. I hope he is satisfactory.

Armin Arlert
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 am

Here's the FC pic for the main page, 250 x 150. :)

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ¢σℓ∂ on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm also interested. May I reserve a staff role? I'll be using Nona from Death Parade as a fc, and her character will be inspired by Victor Frankenstein.

¢σℓ∂
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Umm... since I didn't get an answer on that second character, I'll just start in on it, because I'm really, really bored. So if you don't want me to have a second character, I'll just delete it later, it won't be any trouble.

Second FC's intro page pic, 250x150

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Benevolent on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:49 am

Ah, jeez, I'm really sorry for going AWOL, guys.

I've just been really busy, with work and assignments and all that crap.

Since I'm actually getting ready for work right now, I'll be sure to check through characters and respond to OOC messages as soon as I get on my lunch break.

And also, anyone who asked to reserve has probably already made a character but I feel it's necessary to state that you're free to do so.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Benevolent
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:10 am

@ Benevolent

Good, thanks for coming back! My first character is completely done now, history and everything. I still have those previous questions I need answered in order to finish the second, because of the role thing. Only have to do the history, not even any detail work left for me to mess with (I have a week off from work because they're remodeling, and I. Am. So. Bored!) so I've had literally nothing at all to do except mess with my characters, walk the cat, do dishes, and read. Looking forward to your response! :)

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:18 am

When will the first post be up?

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Benevolent on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:04 am

@Skykoko - I don't know yet. I'll let everyone know about that when more of the submitted WIPS have been finished. Right now, there isn't a whole lot to go on. Very sorry.

Benevolent
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:17 pm

@ Benevolent - Hello! Can I reserve a male patient please? I am still thinking about face claim and what character he will emulate. To re-ask Skykoko's question; do the patients think they are from the story there character is from or are they just emulating their personality? That will determine how I make the character. Thank you!

@Skykoko - Hey ^.~
"What happened to your forehead?"
"A fork."
"A fork?"
"Yes, sir. I wish I'd been eating with a spoon."
"You stabbed yourself with a fork?"
"It flipped."
"Flipped?"
"The fork."
"A flipped fork?"
"It flicked my forehead."
Pausing in the counting of my change, he gave me a narrow look.
"That's right," I said. "A flipped fork flicked my forehead.”
― Dean Koontz, Odd Thomas

FaddedFox
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:35 am

@FaddedFox

Benevolent replied to me that question, in PM. :)

Quote - "For your first question, the characters aren't aware of the fact they resemble characters from stories and fairy tales. It'd be more simple just not to reference these things in the role-play, at least right now. I do have a basic idea of where I'm going with this story and for that I need the patients to be totally unaware. That may change at some point in the role-play."

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daiagnosis on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm gonna have to drop out of the roleplay. I'm quite honestly not feeling up to roleplaying right now and I don't want to be holding the roleplay back from starting. Sorry guys .-.

Daiagnosis
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 am

If we don't start we never will. GM! Please start the posting! T.T

Skykoko
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!