Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ode of Morale

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Ode of Morale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 am

(So a little back-story on how this came to be. In my English class in college, our teacher told us to write up an ode. She said we could write whatever we wanted. So I got a concept for it and as I started on it, the story behind it took it's own course. If anyone wants to give reviews, please feel free to do so. So, without further ado, here is the Ode itself.)

Ode of Morale

Oh Heaven's light, how you struggle
To fight the shadow
That threatens to destroy you
With the world.
How you fight, that which is evil
Clashing, Banging, Fighting
To destroy the shadow
Is to destroy yourself.

The sky glows bright with each blow
As you ascend in the fight
But then, tragedy
The shadow sends a fatal hole.
Now you are fading
But all hope isn't lost
As you deal the final strike
And end the shadow.

Now you fall to your knees
And bow your head.
You hear heaven's chorus
As you lose sight.
Then you feel heavy, and begin to fall
But you smile at Death's feet
With only one thought.
I lived as I died
And I die with no regrets.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Re: Ode of Morale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BumbleDrop on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Aww I freaking loved it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BumbleDrop
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!