Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Old bands

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Re: Old bands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

My favorite era for music is the 90's, although I tend to lean on more bands that have come about in the 2000's. However, the 90's, to me, was just a revolutionary wake up call for music, spawning great bands as the ones mentioned, and others including Third Eye Blind, Marvelous 3, Goo Goo Dolls (formed in the 80's but the 90's were their hay days), Alice in Chains, Sheryl Crow....

While the grunge movement was initiated in the early 80's, the popularity of grunge was greatly established in the 90's, and thus I consider these bands 90's bands. The 90's was a very distinct era for the music scene, and I hardly doubt anything as great as this will ever come into fruition.

Just my two cents. I grew up in the 90's, so naturally, I'm attracted to this music. :)

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!