Once Bitten, Twice Shy {CLOSED}

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Once Bitten, Twice Shy {CLOSED}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Blake couldn't help but laugh. "You are strange. You sit there and tell me all these things about how nervous you are and yet, here you are, sitting and you haven't sent me away. You told me where I could find my next meal. When I was human, I never did these things and I believed that vampires existed. You are more of a contradiction at this point, my dear. I don't expect you to want to trust me. I was starving yesterday and yet I didn't drain you. If I can handle myself in that situation you have nothing to fear."

Blake pulled his feet away from the woman's lap and leaned forward instead to lift her chin up so that they were face to face. "And it isn't fear that I smell on you. It's intrigue and curiosity. You can't hide from a vampire." And just to be the tease he was, he leaned over to lick the wound he had left the night before and nuzzled her neck. "And I love garlic. It's one of the things I miss so please, do eat some." Blake pulled himself away then and stretched. "I won't be nibbling on your neighbors either. I wouldn't be a very kind guest if I did that, now would I?" Of course the real reason was that he couldn't unless they invited him in but she didn't need to know that information. He was having too much fun teasing her.
“What are you?" she asked.
"A monster," said Kell hoarsely. "You'd better let me go."
The girl gave a small, mocking laugh. "Monsters don't faint in the presence of ladies."
"Ladies don't dress like men and pick pockets," retorted Kell. Her smile only sharpened.
"What are you really?"
"Tied to your bed," said Kell matter-of-factly.
"And?" His brow furrowed.
"And in trouble.”
― Victoria Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eladia_holtz on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm

She agreed that she was a contradiction, it was part of the reason why she thought she was crazy in the first place. At least he was clear that she didn't trust him completely.

But then he started to lean forward, lifted her chin up, and she was looking into his red eyes. She was almost cross eyed trying to focus on his face. She could feel the blush taking over her face like some infectious disease. He was too close, too charming, too... confusing. She could barely pay attention to what he was saying.

And then he was nuzzling her, and licked her neck where he'd bit her. A shiver ran down her spine, it was like tiny little fires rolled over the puncture wounds, warm and tingly. Damn him.

"And I love garlic. It's one of the things I miss so please, do eat some." Blake pulled himself away then and stretched, and she let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. "I won't be nibbling on your neighbors either. I wouldn't be a very kind guest if I did that, now would I?"

"You certainly are confident," she muttered. "So if you don't mind garlic, does that mean Holy water does nothing, too? And what about the whole reflection thing. I couldn't really tell since your clothes were covered in blood, but if you can't see your reflection, then how do you know if you look presentable? I'd get so annoyed."

"Listen Blake, I'm curious and intrigued by you, yes," Della said, trying to organize her thoughts. "I can't hide that from you. But are the risks of letting you stay here. You mentioned other vampires; how many of them are there in the area for them to be a threat? What is the likelihood that a hunter might come knocking at the door looking for you? I'm pretty tough, but I don't think I handle something that nearly ripped you through the middle."
This girl is on fire!
Seriously, someone put her out before she makes a mess.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eladia_holtz
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:15 am

"You don't have to worry about the hunter. He hunts vampires, not humans. You are safe. And I want him to come back. I want to make him bleed and suffer for what he did. And I won't let him sit there and rot. I will finish him. I won't risk him get rescued by someone," he growled. "If I could, I would use his own weapons against him but even with gloves I run the risk of getting backlashed by the damn silver. I don't want to risk that chance. His sire would probably be so disappointed in him if he knew. Here he was throwing his chance of life back in his face.

Blake sighed a little. "Holly water and crosses do bother me. I can stare in the mirror. I never understood why people assumed we didn't have a reflection. I am not a ghost," he answered her. "And I don't sense any other vampires in the area right now. It is more of a territorial type thing between vampires. Regardless of where you are, another vampire cannot physically bite and claim another human host that already has a vampire drinking from them. It is a form of protection from humans," he explained.

FaddedFox
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eladia_holtz on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:45 am

Della curled herself up on her end of the couch, letting out a yawn. "If you say so, Blake. I think I might be a little more frightened if you were a ghost. Never did recover after that Poltergeist movie." She shuddered.

"I supposed I could help you out a little," she continued. "Your schedule is different than mine obviously. I'm not used to sleeping late, so we'll have to work around that. Can you eat anything other than blood? I'm assuming you were human once, so you know what food tastes like. Does it make you sick, or does it have a taste at all. and while we're at it, what' your favorite blood type?"

Despite her earlier statement, she could feel herself drifting off to sleep. She really wanted to know more about him, possibly get some information to research at the library tomorrow when Blake was sleeping during the day. At least she'd be doing something semi-productive.

"I'm just gonna take a lil' nap..." she whispered. "Don't bite me, 'kay?"

eladia_holtz
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:38 pm

"I used to be human, yes. I used to love the taste of food when I could eat it. Now... it is all tasteless really. I still love the smell of food though. That's why I told you to eat garlic. I actually really like the smell of garlic. It reminds me of pasta. My mom made delicious pasta," he smiled lightly. He truly missed the taste of food. It was the only thing he missed about human. He couldn't even say he missed the sunset or sunrise. He had never really got to see the light of day before anyway. He wasn't missing much. "Type O. Hate it when people eat vitamins or are drunk. Vitamins make the blood taste... disgustingly chalky. Alcohol tastes like shit once it's process through the blood and stomach. Surprisingly, I can still taste alcohol when I drink it, but I have to drink a lot to even feel tipsy. It goes through my system really fast and the taste is slightly dulled," he explained.

He looked over at her and chuckled. "A nap? Just go to sleep. It is late," he grinned. He glanced at the tv then. "And don't worry. I think I am actually going to utilize the fact that you have a tv that works. Leo had a tv but it was all broken. He wasn't much of a man for modern tech." He flopped down on the couch and grabbed the remote and started to flip through the channels.

FaddedFox
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eladia_holtz on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:50 am

Della could hear the TV turn on as she drifted into dream land. Even though she had slept most of the day, she was still very tired, and she didn't think that she could make it back to her bedroom to fall asleep properly in her bed. Her dreams were filled with their normal strangeness, and she was quite sure that when she woke up, she wouldn't be able to remember much if any of them, as was the nature of dreaming.

Just before she drifted off completely, she heard Blake mention something about Leo. Had he been Blake's sire? She couldn't quite remember if he'd said that, amidst all the other information she'd found out about him. She certainly was happy he was okay with taking blood from another person, though she appreciated the idea of his marking her being a protection of sorts.

Several hours later, when she finally woke up, it was almost time for sun up again. Blake was nowhere to be seen -- she wasn't sure if he'd gone out to explore, or had simply turned in early before the sun rose. Either way, she trudged back to her own room and flopped on the bed. She could do with a few more hours of sleep and then she would get back to working and studying.

eladia_holtz
Member for 8 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!