Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

One day they will return

One day they will return.

a part of “One day they will return”, a fictional universe by rizzyrat.

It has been nearly 5000 years since a dragon graced the skies in the world of xenothia. they are no more then legend, passed down from generation to generation. but you know in your heart that the dragons still fly somewhere. you just have to find them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “One day they will return”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] One day they will return.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "One day they will return."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Rule number 126: I am not allowed to Declare it official hug a slytherin day.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] One day they will return.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ashiisaur on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 am

Hi there, I'm Ash. Just here to say that I'll be submitting an application for a dragon, and probably a rider. A few questions, however. Can the dragons communicate within their breed? With their riders? And is the character list you posted a format, or just the essentials? Like, can we expand?
Sorry. It's my first dragon role play. I'm quite interested. :3
This city looks so pretty. Do you wanna burn it with me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ashiisaur
Member for 11 years
Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 am

I just submitted a dragon. I like the sound of this game! :)

daughterofdon
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Ash on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:30 pm

I think I'll submit a dragon, too. maybe a fire one.
Keep calm,
And carry on.

Sky Ash
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 pm

This is getting pretty big. We need more humans, though, or else a bunch of people are going to be boredly wandering around, and that's not much fun. Perhaps start getting ideas on who your
Riders/Dragon is going to be? :P

Lurelle
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:57 pm

we need to keep the dragon to person ratio fairly even or there will be an imbalance. as for the character sheet. of COURSE you can expand. that was just the basics. the further you take it the better!!
the dragons can communicate best with their own kind. (meaning water speaks best with other water dragons and riders and so on.) however there is a common language in which everyone can understand. dragons are generally telepathic but can use physical speech.

did i miss anything? im happy to answer any and all questions.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:10 pm

also just to keep everyone informed i will be adding some information to the introduction screen. nothing overly major just a list of human affinities that bind best with types of dragons, a small description of the kind of world being lived in and simple things like that. if there is anything you want to see added post in OOC or PM me. this is just as much your RP as it is mine i want everyone to feel free to add some things they would like.
nothing too crazy though. :)

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Cool. So, just a question, what'll happen to the dragons who don't get a Rider? Because by the way it looks, we have an earth and two fires (if I remember correctly) and a shadow - and riders with affinities for metal and fire. Sooo... someone might get left out unless a nice person comes and joins... I'd just like to know. Thanx.
:)

Lurelle
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:24 pm

im working on that right now. the main types are fire earth air and water. but sub categories can be broken down out of those that will make it easier to join a dragon and their rider.
for example metal could go under earth or fire. where as shadow can in a way go into any category other then air because everything casts a shadow.
and if all else fails, and no one else seems to be joining then if any of the already accepted char's want to make another that will fill in the missing spots then by all means go for it.
does that answer your question? if not let me know and ill see if i can explain it better >.< lol :)

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I've updated the introduction page. hopefully any unanswered questions have been answered there. if not just ask :)

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Hm. Nope, the front page was well-explained, thanks. :)
So when's posting gonna start?

EDIT: I wouldn't mind making another human. Expect him/her in half an hour xD

Lurelle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm

i think we might have enough to get started. im going to leave it open so new players can join for now. hopefully everything will even out. if not we can have people post multiple char's. so i think posting can begin pretty soon if not tonight.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 pm

alright so if i am correct there are 3 humans and 4 dragons currently. that's pretty well evenly placed. if anyone wants to post another human and even the odds feel free. if not i think we have enough set up to get rolling.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Awesome. :D
Also, I have put up theme songs - if the links don't work (which they probably won't) I put the title and stuff for you to look up. Trust me - you'll like 'em.
And I assume you'll be making the first post, rizzyrat? Usually the GM does before anyone else.
Bleh, I'm so bossy. ):

Lurelle
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 pm

lol. that's alright. im new to the site and could probably use a little directional push every now and then. I've been RP'ing for years but mostly one on one and through email or note books.
i do plan on making the first post, look for it soon. im going to set the scene basically, get a little more details with some surroundings and such.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 pm

alright, again just a small update. i have officially named the world this is to take place in. it is to be called Xenothia. it sounded pretty fitting.
the 2 suns are still in the naming process as well as all 3 moons. im accepting ideas if you have any.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

for those who are not aware, posting has begun. jump in any time but try to make it fit to whats happening or just give an introduction of your surroundings. keep things flowing.

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacob Winchester on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 am

Hello so I would love to submit a character however I have two questions.

1. Is there a set plot or story that the characters will be following or major goal? Or will this be about the lives of the dragons and their riders?

2. Would it be possible to the subaffinity of plants? The subaffinity could go under earth or water.

Jacob Winchester
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm

alright to answer your first question, there's not a major plot. its mostly left open to see what happens yes its more about the lives and choices of the dragons and their riders.

a sub affinity for plants is fine. there are a lot of subs i didn't mention and that's one. so go ahead

rizzyrat
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lurelle on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Ooh, maybe after everyone's met their dragon or Rider, there should be like a bad guy or something, to make it doubly interesting. Just a suggestion. :o

Lurelle
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!