Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

One Summer, One Chance

One Summer, One Chance: Official Thread

a part of “One Summer, One Chance”, a fictional universe by swishandflicker.

Whatever happens in paradise, stays in paradise. Make your stay worthwhile. {one more male role needed}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “One Summer, One Chance”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

One Summer, One Chance: Official Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am

ONE SUMMER, ONE CHANCE ✰

UPDATES

MOST RECENT: 7/8/12

From now on, this roleplay will no longer be accepting female characters. We are in deperate desperate need of male characters, so please try to make one/find some who can play on if you can. The current ratio is 4/7, but really 2/7 because 2 characters haven't posted yet.

It's life or death guys! :C I cannot stress how important this is right now.

(Plus, if you join with a guy, I'll give you these cookies. You have to join!)

OLD: 6/29/12

Alright, so the 'Housing Roster' and 'Weekly Agenda' OOC threads have been filled out.

Please check out both forums for important information about the roleplay :) The weekly agenda shows how we will start off the roleplay, so you should probably check it out.

The boys/girls ratio is equal now, thanks to KayEyeEmm & airedeiagrace .

The roleplay will begin either tonight or tomorrow morning, guys!

OLD: 6/27/12

Just to clarify.
Hey guys :) Thanks for checking out my roleplay. A separate thread will be made for the Housing Rosters and Weeks Agenda, which I will add a little later. Please feel free to post any questions here! Reservations, OOC discussion, whatever. Be sure to check the OOC regularly for updates and news.

TheMoonlightTheory is the CO-GM for this roleplay and has all the power I do.
Last edited by swishandflicker on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: One Summer, One Chance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

Hi can i reserve a female local and a male orphan please? Also, if that is a yes, will the locals know eachother? I would think yes, but i'm asking to be certain(:
SuperNinjaRoo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:55 am

Can I reserve one male orphan please?

tornadofan2
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theMoonlightTheory on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:57 am

Hey guys I'm the co-gm to swishandflicker. She'll get those reserved for you. And @SuperNinjaRoo yes the locals will know each other.

theMoonlightTheory
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KayEyeEmm on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Can I have the last female orphan?
you cut my soul.
i cut my skin.
its like a game.
but who will win?

KayEyeEmm
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theMoonlightTheory on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:20 pm

More roles have been added, but yet you can reserve one.

theMoonlightTheory
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustQuit on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

can i reserve male orphan

JustQuit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm

All spots reserved! Don't forget guys, you have 24 hours.

Thanks Moonlight :)

Both my characters will be up later today. Moonlight's is already up if you guys need something to compare to.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: One Summer, One Chance: Official Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BubbleYum on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Reserve female six in orphanage?

BubbleYum
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Reserved, BubbleYum.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Guys, just to clarify a couple of things:

1) In the Character Sheet, the roommate part is just for the use of people playing the orphans. If you a local and live there, you will have your own houses on the island. For those of you playing them, you can skip that part of put 'None' or 'N/A'

2) As for how the orphans will interact with the locals, all the events that the benefactor has planned are not just for the orphans. Since he encourages them to start relationships & see people in a different way, he made all the events for the public too. Whether or not your character (local or orphan) decides to participate is your choice. Other ways they can interact are the beach, the mall on the island, etc. There will not be a chaperone for the orphans, since they will be old enough to move about on their own.

3) Most, if not all, the locals know each others. Since the island is small, most of them went to school together.

4) The benefactor plans the events every other day. Not every single day. I edited the main page, and changed it.

---

That's it for now. If there is anything else, I will update this post.

As for how the roleplay will begin, I'm still thinking about it. There will probably be a welcoming party for the orphans on the beach or a villa on the island, everyone welcome.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh oh, something went wrong with submitting the character cause it first submitted without the 100x100 picture, but I added it now. Sorry.

tornadofan2
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:09 pm

The icon's still not working for me. You're accepted once you add the icon, loving the Logan Lerman picture xD

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 pm

It's not Logan Lerman, but Josh Hutcherson <--_<--

I'll try again

tornadofan2
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 pm

/Ack, I knew the person looked familiar. Sorry, haha.

Alright.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:31 pm

So, I tried two times now and it won't show here either. I'll have another try.

tornadofan2
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JustQuit on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:41 pm

I am done editing my character. Hope you like 'em ;)

JustQuit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 pm

If it really doesn't work after that, I'll just accept you. It isn't that much of a big deal.

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Are you sure, I'll just send in a new one, all the same but with the 100x100 picture and abandon the other if you want.

tornadofan2
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm

JustQuit, you are accepted !

swishandflicker
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!