Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Onikiri - The Demon Slayers

a part of “Onikiri - The Demon Slayers”, a fictional universe by Kato.

In 16th Century Japan, a group of demon-slaying warriors from legend are reincarnated to fight the enemies of humanity once again.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Onikiri - The Demon Slayers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Welcome to "Onikiri - The Demon Slayers"

Please ask any questions and register your interest for joining.

If you feel like making a character, please put the following info here or in a PM to me. I'm going to keep character applications up until 1700 GMT Monday 27th March.

Don't forget to state if you can help moderate, play NPCs, or code. :D

Character Concept:
Past Life: (Also state if you have a second choice in case for some reason everyone wants the same Past Life… you never know)
Magical Ability:
Personality/Bio: (1 – 2 paragraphs please)
Writing sample or link: (If you have RP experience on site just say “see my profile” If not just show me a post or a couple of paras of RP you’ve been in. :) )

Secret: (Via PM only) Tell me a secret your character has. Expect that this may be revealed during the story against your character’s will! Please don’t post it publicly though or it will be less fun! ;)

It’s a remote possibility, but if we get more applications than character spaces, I will make a decision as to who will get the role. This will be based on the character you submit, how it balances with other characters, whether you are willing to co-mod and/or NPC secondary characters, your writing, and probably my own subjective whims and biases.
Last edited by Kato on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Schopenhauer was right, wouldn't you say? Life without pain has no meaning. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kato
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Re: Onikiri - The Demon Slayers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello hello.
I'd love to take the role of Watanabe no Tsuna, however I'd wish to make the character Female.
I'm always up for RPing plot devices/turns via random NPCs/Bad Guys, so I'd definitely be a-okay with that.

I can have a CS submitted by tomorrow if this RP is still going forward.
I say that because I noticed the date and wasn't sure if you've canceled it or not. I'll keep checking back
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello! Welcome aboard. This RP is definitely still going ahead! (I just added an open end to applications because activity on the site was slow. Once we get a couple of people confirmed I'll put some kind of date back in place but there's plenty of time for people to get apps/characters in.)

I will reply to your PM very soon. Thanks for your interest! :D

Kato
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Oh I think i may have posted in the wrong forum.

I am down for a Japanese Feudal Era rp. IT has been 5 years since I last rp'ed and I am looking to get back into it. I'm more of a bakamatsu girl myself, but there is always wikipedia.

I am interested in Usui no Sadamitsu as possibly a female. my second choice is Urabe no Suetake as a male. Both past lives of these characters will be Male.

I will have the bio up tonight after my daughter goes to bed in a PM.

I am up for rping NPC's and bad guys as well.
Have fun, Don't get lost, Don't fall in. Three essential rules of life - KameJLa

KameJLa
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Don't worry! :)

Yesss... Feudal Japan wins. Also Bakumatsu. Either or both, we don't have to choose one, do we?

I have replied to your PM and thanks for letting me know about the NPC playing. Thank you!

Everyone please note the change in the deadline for submitting an application.

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm

OK guys, I'll update the front page in the morning and send PMs out. Which gives people a few extra hours to send in apps if they want. XD

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:47 pm

OK everyone. Seems like we have our group together.

So we have:

KameJLa who is playing Kintoki and Suetake
Lord of Ravens who is playing Sadamitsu
ValaunDae'Voth playing Tsuna
and Kato playing Raiko.

Everyone has also kindly volunteered to play NPCs and/or bad guys as necessary. Thank you! I'll let you know if I have anything for you to do. :D

Please get to know each other and you know, do the greetings and stuff.

If you can get to work on your CSes that would be awesome. I know some of you have started them. Maybe if we can get them done by the weekend sometime that would be cool. Once they are in, I will need to look them over and fiddle with the magical abilites if necessary to make sure they all balance.

And then we can maybe get started! And do some of that RPing!

I'm also going to open a relationships thread for your Past Lives. We will start the Present Lives with nobody knowing each other so you can all have fun and awkward first meetings. It will be up to you how much your character remembers of their Past Life, but if you are going to remember stuff please run it past the other people it involves.

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:54 pm

How's it going everyone?
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Not too terribly bad. Headed into the city tomorrow. Kid being a brat today. Just tried to take her out for supper and she just thew a fuss the whole time, so now we are home and dealing. Two year olds... lol

How about yourself?

KameJLa
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:42 am

Good Morning everyone.

Before I forget there will be a few times that I know of right now that I will not be online. These are the days (even though I know the rp hasn't started yet, these are the days anyways)

April 4 - Today - Going to the city with my mom. Yes I live in the bushes in a wee small town.

April 26 - Pre-op appointment for surgery. Will be offline 98% of the day.

May 18-25 - Surgery is May 18, recovery is after surgery till the 25th. I'll find out more about what is going to happen for the surgery and recovery process. I never knew I had a broken cartilage in my nose, and 4 years ago I ended up getting my first set of allergies that helped me find out my nose was broken. One nasal passage is completely cut off, so I am unsure if i will have stuff inside my nose holding it in place and outside or what once they fix it. All I know is that I'll be able to breath after! XD XD

May 1-30 - Employment Practicum for Administrative Assistants. I will most likely be not on during the day as I'll be doing my practicum at a car dealership. Posts will be made late at night if need be.

If it is my turn to post (excluding today) I will try to have my next post typed up so all I have to do is edit it to match the previous post.. If not I will allow temporary controlling of my characters. I will have all this figured out before the surgery date.

KameJLa
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for letting us know Kame! Hope the surgery goes well and your nose is fixed! And good luck with your work placement. :)

Yeah we'll see what happens when the time comes, hopefully no one will need to control your characters for you but we can discuss nearer the time, I don't mind temping in for them. Or we can just say
Kenshin fell asleep and Hajime is looking after his unconscious body... XD

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am

haha that's always a possibility.

"Peace out guys, I'm taking a nap!"

"A nap? What's that? Can I eat it? I'M HUNGRY!!!"

XD XD

lol but yes once the pre-op happens I'll know more about what is happening that I'll be able to inform you all better.

I'll post reminders closer to the pre-op date and surgery dates just incase someone forgets. I speak from experience XD

KameJLa
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 am

Maybe Hajime will try to eat Kenshin's inert body. Is he so hungry as to stoop to cannibalism? XD

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

If you guys want to chat or collaborate here's a link to Writepad. I wouldn't put anything on there that you definitely want to not go missing though. https://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/Onikiri

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 am

I do love that link. I spend more time in there than on the other roleplaygateway pages. XD absolutely amazed over it actually lol

KameJLa
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 am

It's pretty fun, right? You should come join us on there Valaun! :D It is notorious for losing your text though so make sure you back it up.

I haven't had much time to do any writing the last few days, I will hopefully get your powers and an intro post sorted out tomorrow (Sunday).

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 am

Ok guys, I have made a list of powers and tweaked them a bit for balance and workability. Can you please look them over and let me know if they seem OK? Happy to take any suggestions if you don't feel something adds up right.

IKARI

Battle Frenzy: Ikari enters a battle frenzy giving her greatly enhanced strength and agility for a limited time. Although she can choose when to activate the ability, during the time she is using it, Ikari fights purely by instinct and cannot make any rational or conscious acts, including to stop fighting. However she will not attack allies. The frenzy ends when she has defeated her opponent(s), takes enough damage that she can no longer move, or is physically restrained. Afterwards she may be temporarily weakened or exhausted.

Swordsmaster: Ikari has a natural affinity for sword-type weapons. When using any sword-type weapon, Ikari’s strength is doubled. This stacks with the Battle Frenzy.

HAJIME

Healing: Haijme has the ability to heal wounds and including those caused by magical or spiritual means, as well as curing infection and illness. In order to heal wounds, Hajime must expend his own energy (ki). This means that more damage takes greater time and effort to heal. Any “special” damage will use more ki than ordinary damage. His super-fast metabolism supplies this extra ki. In order to regain ki he must sleep and/or eat a proportional amount to that spent. He is unable to use this ability on himself. Hajime also has an intuitive understanding of using herbs to cure illness or poison and fight infection. Hajime can also combine these two aspects of healing for various effects. Hajime is still learning to use his healing ability and will gradually increase his skills over time.

Axe: Hajime has a natural affinity for axe-type weapons. By striking any axe on stone, Hajime releases a soundwave at a certain pitch that will temporarily stun Oni and Oni-like beings.

KENSHIN

Dream Walking: Kenshin has the ability to enter and manipulate the dreams of others, enabling him to gather information, plant ideas, see events from another person’s perspective and revisit scenes from the past. He is unable to see the future in dreams. The use of entering others’ dreams to gather intelligence depends on Kenshin’s ability to decode and interpret what he sees. When manipulating others through dreams Kenshin must understand the context and symbolism of the dream in order to make sure he obtains the correct results. If not, unexpected results may occur. Repeated tampering in someone’s dream can cause them to have distorted memories and/or go mad. If Kenshin steps into the dream of a person or creature who also has the ability to manipulate dreams he will be more than usually vulnerable to this. Kenshin can cause another to become trapped permanently in the dreamworld, but if he does so he must also be trapped there with them. To use this ability he must be holding his Dream Walker’s Staff.

Staff: Kenshin has a natural affinity for staff-type weapons. While he wields any staff, even if holding onto it during sleep, it emits a defensive ki aura. This ki aura forms a barrier that takes significant strength or repeated attempts to breach by any Oni or Oni-like being. It also provides a light defence against human opponents. The ki aura extends to a diameter of ten feet.

KIYOYORI

Lightning Speed: Kiyoyori has the ability to move at extremely high speeds, up to the point of becoming invisible to the naked eye. Moving at high speed requires energy and can quickly exhaust him if he uses it for too long or too great a distance. The faster the speed, the more quickly it will deplete his energy. Kiyoyori’s perceptions can only keep up with his speed of movement if the ability is used moderately, moving too fast means running the risks of unexpected impacts.

Bow: Kiyoyori has a natural affinity for bow and arrow type weapons. When using a bow, instead of an ordinary arrow, he can fire a lightning bolt that causes extra damage on all opponents, except those with a natural affinity for lightning.

Kato
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:24 pm

I can dig it

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Oh they are good. Love Hajime,s and Kenshin's looks good, even the bits with the messing up peoples minds if he goes in and plants stuff too much. I do like the defensive barrier while he sleeps. Weee I can't wait! lol everyones looks fantastic!

KameJLa
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kato on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:36 am

OK great, then feel free to add these into your character sheets, people. :)

Kato
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!