Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

OOC All Nightmare Long (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

OOC All Nightmare Long (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alphonse on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 am

"In the 1990s some things started to go wrong... Some religious nut-cases began to proclaim that the end was coming and that we were being punished by God. But I don't believe in that sh*t. I know that it was all our fault. We were playing in forbidden territory, creating new species, giving them more power, using them as weapons. But even a trained dog can go berserk when he is released from the leash. And that's what happened. The weapons began to choose their own preys, they stop killing uniforms and started to kill people. The country was in crisis. Millions of people where brutally murdered by this beasts. The government released fire in the main affected towns. They didn't care about civilians, for them they were already goners and were a necessary sacrifice for the country. Everyone who could left to another country, away from the nightmare. But some of us stayed here All Nightmare Long..."

He heard a noise at the end of the hallway, but he couldn't see much. Then there was an acute scream, from a woman. He ran to the light with his gun at hand. He pulled the trigger three times...

Well, that's all I got for now. It's a story developed in the present time by the way, in a post-apocalypses style country. There are only a few humans left in this country, all of them fighting for their own reasons.

I'm looking for a small group to Rplay with, from 2 to 4 people maybe. The main story involving this small group of survivors. I had in mind a beginning with "He", I don't have a character in mind yet, saving a young woman from the monsters. Also I want this roleplay to be somehow mature, it doesn't has to have sex or gore but I want it to be real. How would you people really be if you have to fight for your life against blood thirsty beasts??

I'm really tired so I'll post the rest tomorrow.
Um... Better not, if you want to join you need to be a literate, interesting, and entertaining writer capable of writing about 250-500 words per post. I DON'T WANT POSTS THAT GO FOR FOREVER IN WHICH YOU HAVE TO READ FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES TO FINISH THEM.

Well tomorrow I'll post rules and character sheets and stuff.... Hope that someone is interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alphonse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: OOC All Nightmare Long (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 am

I could be interested, though I'm not going to vouch for whether or not I personally am interesting. ;D

But anyway, I'm 95% confident that I meet the rest of the requirements. I'm literate, aware of the invention of spellcheck (I guess you didn’t actually say that, but it’s implied.), and quite capable of 250-500 words (My natural post length is 850-900 but I can tone it down if you want me to.).

Also, I love the idea of trying to keep things real. Going single handedly into a horde of zombies(monsters) with a machete/handgun/chainsaw/spoon, or even just having a character who was practically born for the apocalypse, doesn't exactly make for a realistic roleplaying experience.

Perhaps the element of scavenging would help add to this? (Then our characters would have a legitimate reason to leave the barricade/town/their dead neighbors house.) Nothing too complicated, just some kind of way to find food and soap and medical supplies. Maybe a dice roll, with more or less of a chance of actually finding something depending on the area and how obvious a target it is? Then we would have a really cool way to deal with injuries too. No disinfectant, no bandages? I guess you're losing that arm sir, and you may just die of infection too.

Maybe that's all too complicated for a roleplay, or just not what you had in mind (And maybe I'm puking my excitement for DoubleBears ZRPG onto your interest check.), but I think it could make this into something really awesome. And our characters actually having needs would give us sort of 'mini-goals', or at least something to do IC.

But anyway, so long as one or two other people are involved, I'm definitely in.
Check out my warriors roleplay (It's linked in my profile.) if you want some examples of my writing!
~Liden
Because I'm Broken When I'm Lonesome
And I Don't Feel Right When You're Gone Away
~>xx<~
LITTLESUN1

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LittleSun1
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alphonse on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah scavenging would give the Rp more reality and small goals as you say. Most of the Roleplays only have long term goals, or even no goals at all so they die pretty young.
Personally, I would like a combination of I Am Legend and Resident Evil, I mean, if the main character goes like rambo without caring about saving bullets or finding food or hiding all night long in a bathroom with a dog he or she will be eaten.
What do you mean by dice roll? How can we make that?
Don't worry about your writing, from your post I can see that you are a pretty good writer. The only thing I'm asking is that no one writes huge behemoths of posts that takes a long time for the reader to read and respond to and sometimes are really really reaaaaaaaaally boring.
Any other takers, I'm looking for just a couple of more players, preferable if at least one is a girl/woman.

Alphonse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 pm

I Am Legend, I love that movie! But like I said, shorter posts are fine with me. Worrying about post length makes me dread posting anyway, and I don't want to bore anyone.

As far as the dice roll, I don't know exactly how that would work, I really just meant to suggest a way to randomize what our survivors find. You know, rather than us the roleplayers just 'deciding' that a character finds bullets, some jerky, and a pack of bandages (Basically godmodding, we'd probably be a little biased towards what our characters actually need.) we'd roll a dice/use a number generator and... From there I'm not sure. Maybe we could create a simple table or something? That might be a little messy, but it's just what came to mind.

And I was actually planning on playing a woman, possibly a medical intern. Did you mean a girl/woman in addition to my own or???

~Liden

LittleSun1
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alphonse on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh I don't know why I thought you were going to be a guy, a lot better if you are going to play as a woman.

I don't know what we can do, I don't want to get the game too complicated but the idea of random findings and stuff is really interesting. I think we will have to play normally this time unless we can find a proper way to randomize things.

No one else interested??

Alphonse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleSun1 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Well alright, it shouldn't matter too much so long as we're logical about our findings. I guess, if we ever want to have periods of starvation or just plain tough times (in comparison to the 'norm' of this entire situation.), you'd just sort of announce it and we'd go by that? Also, if there's not much other interest, I'd be very willing to take on a second character. A child preferably, although he probably wouldn't be related to my intern-character, just tagging along.

Finally, two questions!

1.What's the setting? Are we in a city, or maybe the suburbs?
2.How long after 'dooms-day' is this? I would hope our characters haven't had the time to get too used to the situation, but from reading your first post it doesn't seem like immediately afterwards either.

And that's pretty much all for now, thanks!

LittleSun1
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheff on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 pm

It sure has been awhile since I did a post-apocalyptic RP...

Anyway, you caught my attention, and I'm pretty sure I fill the requirements. Really, the longest post of mine will more then likely be the intro, and then in the range you suggested.

So... yeah. I'll keep up with the topic to see where things will go, and I hope to hear more soon.
Obla-di, obla-da, life goes on, brah....

Sheff
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!