Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Comforting soul food recipes from PGEW » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Calisma

OOC Discussion

a part of “Calisma”, a fictional universe by Modesty.

A fallen king places a realm on the brink of chaos. Like vultures to prey, outside forces circle the crown. With an heir ready to ascend, and as many enemies as friends, Calisma struggles for balance as it teeters on the edge...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Calisma”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Hello and welcome. =)
Last edited by Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Calisma

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowFace on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm

May I reserve the Mage please? ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RainbowFace
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaxMarie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Can I pleas reserve the Cleric? I can have it up soon! Also, we are all going to be traveling in a group correct?

LaxMarie
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ginkox on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Can I Reserve the Ranger?
I'll be Finishing My Character soon.
YUKIRIN IS MY OSHI!!!

Ginkox
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:05 am

Wow, I wasn't expecting interest so quickly. The roleplay still needs a few tweaks before it is opened, along with a couple more classes added. I will be accepting on a "best match" basis, not first come first serve... this is just to try and assure success as it will only be a small band of people. I'll be putting rules up shortly (that, for some reason, the server seems to have eaten).

LaxMarie - Yes, everyone will be in a group!

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroRyu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 am

A couple of questions, do we have to have an image for our character or is a written description fine? and do we have magical abilities?

A character creation/sign up sheet would be nice, but if you just want us to wing it I guess I can do that.
ImageImage Pika-boo

KuroRyu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 am

You don't need to have a picture, but you if you do it can't be anime.

Magical abilities are not required. They are primarily for the Mage class.

A character sheet is in the works, it's one of the areas that are under construction. It will be the next thing to go up.

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroRyu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 am

Well I'll check back for that, I like having a character sheet to work with, makes the application feel complete(? not sure if that's the word I wanna use, but I'll stick with it).

KuroRyu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 am

A basic sheet is up now. :)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

KuroRyu, congratulations on having the first accepted character.

If you all feel like it, feel free to make your character sheets attractive. No need though. =)

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Question: Does everyone have to be human? I have a humanoid race in mind.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Another question: Is Calisma the entire world or the continent/kingdom?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Calisma is a continent, but it's the only one currently in the roleplay. If you'd like to have a neighbouring continent be your character's native land, just PM me about it and we can discuss some things. Eventually there will be a map up...

They needn't be human, but at least humanoid. I find fully defining races, deities, languages, etc. a tad arduous and a bit too constricting. This should be fun, you shouldn't have to reference a ton of pages just to make your posts politically correct!

Prettyfied the front page a tad. Openly accepting characters!

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I'll PM you. :)

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuroRyu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Cool, can't wait until this RP starts.

And I see that the introduction page got quiet fancy.

KuroRyu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Questions: How long is the night/day cycle?
Whats the terrain of our starting location? I mean the starting location outside the city.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:43 pm

KuroRyu - Thank you, I'm excited too. For being quite a rushed into idea, it's developing nicely. And yes, classes were boring today so I created logos and such instead. The benefits of design school :3

Imperial - Ayeye, you and your details! Haha. I haven't gotten to the map yet, I should have it up tonight. I imagine immediate land would be farms and fields. Normal day lengths, summer longer day light than winter.

If anyone is curious the advertising thread is located here.

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Whaaaaaaaaat?! I like detail XD
Cool.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

Re: OOC Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 pm

In light of a few recent conversations the character sheet has been updated to include a "weakness" section. Please edit your sheets accordingly.

KuroRyu - Your character's blindness in one eye is sufficient. Keep in mind that this will effect his depth perception!

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Re: OOC Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Will my characters somewhat sub-par swimming skills count? Or should I think of something else?

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!