Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty

OOC General Discussion Area

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part II: The Arcturus System is the very fringe of colonized space, here rests many mysteries to be discovered, alongside many conflicts to be fought. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC General Discussion Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Hey guys I just got back after my internet was down for a couple of days.

@ R.T.M.X. and TurtleSoup - That's cool guys, I understand you have a lot on your plate. No worries on the roleplay though, just stay frosty. ;) I usually listen to some music when I'm stressed, enjoy some. Just a note, the WritePad is under construction or something...so we won't be able to access it...
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 am

Sorry I've been... in and out of the hospital for the past month or two. I haven't posted at all yet, D:

I have to catch up again, but... Just to make sure I'm correct, A.D.A.M. was hacked in the previous installment of Nebula's Dawn, yes?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:48 am

It's okay. Lots of people haven't done much in the past two months.

... No? There's not a human being alive that could hack ADAM.

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 am

I recall a cyber attack, that's all. I was going to change a bit of A.D.A.M.'s character sheet and I saw it but I'm not really recalling much of what I read previously and I'm not feeling up to re-reading because that'll probably take more time than necessary. xD And I still have catching up to do.

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Lol, yeah I really advise against re-reading that...abomination of an exasperatingly pointless story.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 am

I would like to Fortify that I am still here. But I have been sick the past week, and unless you wanted me to post while sick, which never ends well, I would have actually posted by now. But posting is VERY difficult when you cough every 5 seconds and your head feels like it is on fire.

Still here though! And if you really need me to post or help do a post, PM me and I will. I have just been busy, and sick. But I still have an interest in this, so never fear! You cant get rid of me that easily!
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I finally responded in the writepad, sorry it took a while, I'd been meaning to check it since RPG went down but I ended up getting really busy with some of stuff for the show.
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:45 pm

@ TurtleSoup

Ahahaha, it was a remote?! Lol, okay whatever. I think it's good enough, you want to post it Turtle?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Yes Iru is quite useless with the Salient's security, decades of isolation have rendered him quite incapable of facing modern security however an invading force will find him a puzzle... a bit like walking in a never ending maze whenever such a program enters a blocked area... (only Iru's core and information relating LillyT is under this protection)

If anything has been looking at the Salient he would clearly see Iru's breach, I imagine Max with his thorough watch will be quite interested.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyte on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Whoa. This is still alive? I thought it was dead when I last checked it and no one posted anything for over 4 days. I'll be sure to read up.

Nyte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:53 am

I am still interested in involving Jean with Eden so it you want we could start a subplot dialog between the two characters as Jean goes after her. Jean is a wizz but seeing how Eden has been able to escape the clutches of quite a few wolves it won't be an easy feat for him to track her down, but then again his reasons for attempting it are exactly those difficulties and the possible rewards.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 am

I am confused. Is K9 (because I refuse to call him anything but K9 :3) detecting Max as the breach, because that would be rather odd, seeing as how he himself would also be a security breech. And I would have to question WHY he would be detecting Max or anything he is doing as one...

Colonel, could you just explain exactly what just happened in your post?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:40 am

No he isn't detecting max, what Iru is detecting is the automated security systems of the Salient (Firewalls etc) I assumed that in such a high security vessel certain systems would be in place that would invade any interfering system and attempt to deactivate it.

Iru simply has no information or programming to deal with a modern security system however a security system not of AI caliber can easily get corrupted by the LillyT virus if it dares venture to deep into Iru's core.

Once the security system which has detected Iru starts to crack i am fairly sure Max will take great interest.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Do not underestimate the resolve and the resilience of this RP, because it is still alive and well. This RP is dead when I say it is, and don't expect me to say it anytime soon, actually...don't expect me to say it anytime ever, because you can bet that we are going to finish this story.

Now, onto the matters at hand, I hope everyone is keeping track of the multiple timelines.

- Current Timeline (CT)
- One Week Prior to CT
- Two Weeks Prior to CT
- Two Months Prior to CT

In the CT, Admiral Weston has announced preparations for the funerals, so Day One is nearing its end.
I expect everyone aboard the Salient to have the appropriate funeral attire on, figuratively speaking.

In the Two Weeks Prior Timeline, we're following the story of Roman Durant and Jean Anthony Brocard as well as the Engrideo research expedition on the jungle planet. It is one of those worlds that holds many secrets to explored.

In the Two Months Prior Timeline, Colonel Jason Miles deployed with some marines to investigate some insurgent activity.

Let me just list some MIAs and people who are most likely unable to return to the RP at this point. I would add Endgame on here, since A) he hasn't really followed up with the Two Months Prior Timeline, and B) he hasn't been on for about half a month.

- Smokescreen (Dr Marcus Bergman)
- Angelfire (Alice Chen)

In other news, I'm waiting for a reply from R.T.M.X., Federal agents are at the House of Clubs on the deal.

If anybody has any questions on where to go at the moment, feel free to ask, my inbox is open. I know we've lost some momentum as of late, but it's expected. We've got a great story, and I'm willing to bet that by the end of this, we'll give the Science Fiction genre a reputation to be reckon'd with.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Vind. Keep in mind there are certain characters who will unable to attend despite being on the Salient.

Unless you want to introduce the crew to Max now.

Or have had Clyde secretly spreading rumors this entire time. xD

Oh, on a side note, cremation or are we just launching any bodies into space in Spacecoffins? Personally, I think the first is better, because it seems really stupid to launch huge metal boxes into space carrying dead bodies that you know looters are just going to look at some point or another.

COlonel: Oh, that was IRU being the undetected one.

Vind, I think we need to discuss Salient's security, or lack there of, eventually. It seems like the ship has managed to get infiltrated three times, two of those times they had no clue what they are doing there to start with.

(Sarcasm/Joke thing voice) Until then, we can just alert every security officer on the ship that there could be several more unauthorized people or equipment on the ship. THis way, when the next unexpected thing happens, we at least could claim we were ready for this.

I severely hope Weston was not planning on a clear cut and dry mission... xD

Oh, and I never thought this would die. Maybe there would be an explosion, a deletion of an ADAM or two, but never the death of this roleplay. UNless VInd died somehow D: . Then it might. :3

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:12 pm

It was indeed lol. Since I assumed that he'd not have his gun on him at the time.

I had originally thought about it being a slipper but I decided that's less likely since why would a slipper be on the sofa?

And Nadd doesn't seem the type to wear slippers. Or if he did they'd have to be like pink with rabbit ears or something. lol

But yes I'm all good with that as it is =]

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyte on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:53 pm

A subplot involving Jean and Eden would be interesting. It would give Eden a direct opponent in her struggle.

Nyte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:32 pm

The question is how to we proceed? As i discussed with Vindi Jean can act in the present timeline since the events on GX happen two weeks before (we should sit down and make another post Vin by the way, any time come to mind?)

I can see a few possibilities but anything goes, these are just thoughts off the top of my head.

1) Jean is Lighting, while Jean is not the kind of guy who would work under anyone and is more of a solo player he does make exceptions to capable and most importantly powerful individuals. Since i do not have any information about Crow it would be up to you to set that in motion.

2) Jean hears rumors of the case while he passes by and decides to put his nose into the matter, this matter does not only involve Eden but also the removal of others who are attempting to claim her.

3) Eden passes by on Irodosis Station or some other location and Jean catches wind of it, this is not exactly likely considering her security however with such a recent attempt on her its possible she would relocate herself... maybe to the Station or maybe even to GX since there is virtually nothing there.

Originally i would have gone for the 2nd option however the third is quite intriguing; The bounty hunters know where Eden is now therefor it would be quite dangerous to stay. The bounty hunters will keep on chasing her while she remains on a civilized planet therefor GX is an ideal location for her to hide in.

The bounty Hunters still know however that she is in the Acturus system therefor maybe her father who seems like quite a clever chap would send his ship at full speed towards another system and then leek rumors of his daughter's departure. With any luck many of the hunters would chase this lead and then for added security Eden could assume an alias as an advanced student in a leading private school sent for field experience on GX.

On GX she would have the benefits of having no underworld present on the planet apart from a few smugglers, pirates and the like who mind their own business anyway. With work in a research team she would also enjoy the benefit of at least temporary social involvement and something to do. I think her father wants to give her the best life that he can and the way i see it on GX she would at least be safe enough to relax slightly.

Her arrival can ether be by a research ship bound for the planet, an authentic student's transfer ship baring "young geniuses", a stealth ship which sneaks into orbit.

Maybe her ship would subsequently be attacked by pirates and then crash land on the planet or maybe it would be a normal landing? so many ideas!

Well i personally like the third option, it grants us the potential of a long dialog as Jean slowly plays the guessing game into her identity.

What do you think?

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 am

I like the third option, but that's just my opinion, it's up to you guys.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncertainly on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 pm

I've been quiet for a number of weeks now- my characters haven't been needed and I don't want to snare up progress to the next day if I don't have to.

But I read up the last few posts, and

I would like to remind the writers *cough* Baneling *cough* that you are not supposed to place Out Of Character notes inside the posts.

Uncertainly
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!