Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

OOC: The Stand

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

OOC: The Stand

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:36 pm

So yeah, this is a discussion topic to (hopefully) hammer out some ideas for a rewritten The Stand.

If you haven't read The Stand [WARNING! Hardcore spoilers ahead, may ruin a damn good book! If you don't want this, don't read any farther. Also, I'll move it down a ways, so as you don't accidentally catch details while reading this here warning. Then again, if you've read this far, you're probably interested, as you gotta know about the book to really do much in the RPG]:

The Stand, in short, goes like this:
Superflu nicknamed "Captain Tripps" breaks out, wipes out nearly every person on Earth, and certain species of animals, such as Horses and most dogs.
The survivors all end up having dreams of two people: Mother Abagail, an elderly black woman representing "Good" and The Dark Man/Walkin Dude/Randall Flagg, a young man who represents "Evil."
Those who choose MA go to Boulder, Colorado, in a city they call the Boulder Free Zone.
Those who choose TDM/WD/RF go to Las Vegas.
Some spies go over from Boulder to Vegas.
A large crowd gathers to watch the recently captured spies get executed.
A half-spedder pyro sets off a Nuke in the middle of the audiance, wastes all of Vegas.

Now, the purpose of this is to come up with an alternate ending/continuation so we can RolePlay further into the tale. Feel free to post ideas. The only one I currently have is that we start just after the Flu has hit, so we can play in the whole "Migration" bit.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.