Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

They Opened The Book

An Open Book

a part of “They Opened The Book”, a fictional universe by Fear The Cat.

When three high school students make a wrong move, the dangerous fantasy world of Allorae comes to life. Join the adventure as the they struggle to capture the antagonist of a book that should have never been opened.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “They Opened The Book”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

An Open Book

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Any questions, comments, concerns, post them here!
Last edited by Fear The Cat on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OH SNAP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: An Open Book

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 pm

ImageHey I'd like to reserve a female high scool student, if you dont mind! I'm still deciding on the everything else though... Anyway Penguins are awesome but have you seen this cutie?

~Edit~
Okay so I've decided on my face claim which will be..........
Noire from Hyperdimension Neptunia and she will be 16/17... or something.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XEndlessX
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't mind at all! And wow, he (or she!) is adorable! :3

Ooooh... Good choice in face claim. I love her hair. ^^

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby doomblade on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Hello. Could I reserve a spot as one of the demons? I'm still working on the character sheet.

doomblade
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:22 pm

I'd love to reserve a demon for you! ...Right after you tell me the password. :3

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby doomblade on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:13 pm

The pass word is penguin, which is your favorite animal.

doomblade
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Heheheh. Tis true. Alrighty! Reserved. ^^

Do you have any face claims in mind?

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby doomblade on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 am

I'm thinking either greed from FMA, or narraku from inuyasha.

doomblade
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 am

Cool, cool. ^^ Can't wait to see your character!

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Okay... so I sort of posted her in a hurry and the coding and stuff is absolutely terrible but I'll have it done soon.
OH and by the way, forgot to mention my PM doesn't work so sorry about that. I can read them but replying doesn't seem to work.

XEndlessX
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:45 pm

@ XEndlessX
Okay, cool. Thanks for telling me! And by the way, Lizzie looks great so far. ^^

@ Everyone
Just a heads up, if the rest of the spots don't fill in we may need to make a few extra characters. I'll be more than happy to make one myself but it might not be enough, so be prepared, because I might ask. By the way, if you have any friends that may be interested in the roleplay, point them here!

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi! I'd like to reserve a demon. I'll be using Clorica from Rune factory 4 and she'll be 221 years old.
Need...More...Coffee...

Rari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:36 pm

You're welcome to reserve a demon! Though I'll be needing that password first. ^^

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:27 am

H'llo, I'd like to reserve the highschool student. And maybe a main character, if possible? If not, then just the high school student please. Searching for faceclaims as of now. Thanks!
Passwords - penguins. Gotta agree with you, they're pretty cute.
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:32 am

You're welcome to reserve both! :D

If everyone gets/finishes their characters soon, we'll be able to start! I'll probably be taking the role of the last main character since we've been waiting for long enough. Besides, we've been banished the the second page of the new roleplays thing. x.x

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:25 pm

High school student - Syo from uta no prince sama. Finally I can use this guys pic.

For the main character, I pick Reiji, who's from the same anime.

I'm not sure whether to go full on anti hero (the angry and constantly brooding kind) or the classical hero with tons of subversions (like the fact that he's mildly sociopathic), although it's possible I'd choose something else entirely. Which do you guys think is more suitable? (^_^')

Alle9009
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Well, I have no idea, but maybe a dose of the other main character (Avaline)'s personality would help? Maybe it'd help show which one would make things more interesting?

I'm thinking Avaline will be pretty calm and collected. She's got a bit of wit, though, so if she's not bored to death she'll dis out a few witty remarks. She also gets really excited when in the face of knowledge. It's kind of cute. I might make her secretly condescending. I'm also thinking not many morals.

My thoughts interaction-wise: the anti hero personality would be fun to play with. It'd be funny to see Fiona and whatever-his-name-shall-be butt heads. Avaline would probably tease him a lot, make fun out of pissing him off and seeing how far she can go. Analyzing. Whereas the one with multiple sub-versions would probably freak Fiona out a little (especially if he was mildly socipathic), maybe a lot depending on the sub-versions, which would also be quite fun. Avaline, however, would probably be more interested in his personality, and perhaps a bit prying...

So both would be pretty interesting. And let's, of course, not forget the other characters. :3 But anyways, maybe that pinch of information will help with your decision.

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Oh! Penguins! Yaay so cute. I submitted my char~

Rari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Yay! All these characters are coming in; I'm so excited! They're all so great (from what I've seen :3)!

Fear The Cat
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:40 am

Him kill go with the mildly sociopathic one for the main character and leave the angry one for the high schooler. Thanks!

How did the three high schoolers meet? Neighbors, childhood friends, frenemies, etc? Where's the book found?

Alle9009
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!