Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Open Challenge

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Open Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Rules:
No magic only midevil or mythology weapons and armor.
TB style. No set hit or word count. End on give up or death of a charater.
(if you want anything else just say it and if I don't mind it will be put in)

Setting: A blooded forest.

As you walk into this forest almost everything is red. The place stinks of roting bodies and death. There are body parts spread all around. From every tree hang a dead decomposing body. The forest looks as if it had been a huge battle ground, but it was just a test for anybody who tried to pass through. It's as if Hades himself was watching over the forest testing anybody who went through.

As you walk deeper with no trouble, exept for a the fear of puking, you come to to a pole standing in the middle of the forest. The body looks like it it hasn't been there long, maybe a day or two. But looking at it you can't see any wounds on it whatsoever. From its hands hang twin full length sythes heavily bloodied. Its armor seems rather light buit for very quick adjile movements but strong enough that most blows would just glance right off of it. The head is addorned with a helmet that covers the entire head leaving only two holes for the eyes and a grate for air to pass through to breathe. The top of the helmet have two wicked horns protuding from it. Strangely enough all the blood you've seen in the forest looks as if it came from this very spot.

(start from there)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:58 pm

((OOC: This looks like a fight I could get into. ))

Ka`zeh was quite tentative to resume his journey, crimson orbs gazing at the bloodied trees and lifeless corpses hanging from their branches. Had he not more pressing matters to attend to, he would simply travel around the forest, but according to the village he had passed through earlier, journeying through the forest was the quickest way to his destination.

The man sighed, annoyance etched into his features, and he deftly slipped his hand from the confines of his ivory cloak. A firm right hand gripped the hilt of his bastard sword, slowly drawing it from its sheathe. Ka`zeh's left hand also emerged from the depths of his cloak, revealing a metal claw tied tightly around his wrist with thick leather bindings. The claw had three blades protruding from the base, and each claw was slightly hooked, perfect for scraping across someone's skin. His left digits tightened about the metal grip of the claw, and the man ventured further into the forest.

The echoes of his footfalls traversed the terrain, Ka`zeh's eyes and ears constantly alert for any signs of danger. After a few passing moments of walking, he arrived at the middle of the forest, crimson eyes staring ahead at the figure wielding the scythes.

"Odd.." Ka`zeh murmured, raising his bastard sword as his claw maintained a defensive position. Something was certainly not right.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jader
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:26 pm

A slight cold wind whipped through the forest intencifying the already pungent smell. On the wind a slight voice could be heard but only slight enough most would pass it off as the wind whipping throught he trees.

"Aaaawwwaaakkkkeeeennn," was what was on the wind. As the wind died back down a thump could be heard. Then another and another. Each one coming faster then the last. Soon they started to come together into a beat. The now drumming sounded like it was coming from everywhere as if there was a tribe ready to attack.

Another gust blew through the forest passing from behind the newcomer. The body on the pole suddenly took a deep breath as if it hadn't been breathing for ages. Then the breathing slowed to a very faint yet steady rythem. Suddenly the eyes flashed open looking down at the warrior the eye holes of the helment were filled with a deep glaring red. Then the drums died and a massive slam on a drum could be heard, loud enough to be heard anywhere in the forest, loud enough to make anybody jerk at the sound.

The body suddenly jumped up the pole the hook that was holding it up still hanging from the pole dripping blood. The guy standing on the pole tossed up his sythes catching them in his hands swinging them around. It seemed like forever since he last weiled them. And he jumped over the warrior landing on his feet as if the was still standing on the pole.

"Welcome. Today you die," said the voice coming from the formar deadman. The voice was cold unfeeling but yet had abit of joy in it.

Midnight
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Ka`zeh's ears thumped with the echo of..drums? That couldn't be right. Perhaps this forest was cursed and some kind of foreign magic was deceiving his senses? His crimson orbs shifted to the body that had suddenly awakened, and the detective's mouth nearly fell to the ground in shock.

"I-Impossible...a demon?" He muttered, tensing as the scythe wielding warrior leapt into the air. Ka`zeh swiftly turned and leapt backwards, leather boots grinding into the soil as he faced the being.

"What is your name? Are you a demon? Or a man!?" He demanded, readying his bastard sword and claw for any offensive endeavors his prospective opponent might make.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:56 pm

"I used to be a man, long ago, but now I'm just a fallen warrior doomed to slaughter all who attempt to travel through the forest," He said looking at his sythes. "It has been so long. I do not remember my name, but you may call me Lyger."

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to kill you now," Then he turned lept at a tree using his sythes and feet to scale it up till he couldn't be seen.

His voice then echoed from all around. "You may be the one to end the torment that the gods have placed me in. If you are, I shall welcome you to kill me, but know that eventhough I wish to die, I will not go easy on you. If you can kill me, I shall tell you anything you wish to know."

With that the forest fell silent agian as Lyger sat on a branch watching his prey waiting for a good point to strike.

Midnight
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:09 pm

Ka`zeh opened his mouth to say something else, but before the words could even be manifested, his opponent was gone. He quickly walked to the middle of the forest, occassionally turning to look behind him, eyes and ears straining to catch any sight or sound of the dead man.

"Lyger eh? This is not good...not good at all.." Ka`zeh muttered, raising his claw and slicing the cloak from his frame. The ivory garment slowly filtered to the blood covered terrain beneath him. The man was wearing a simple black leather chest piece underneath. It would offer some protection against piercing and slicing attacks, but not much. Ka`zeh was a very agile and swift fighter, and didn't rely on his strength much.

"I guess I have no choice.." He sighed, maintaing his defensive position as he waited.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:21 pm

Miscellaneous could be heard all around Ka'zeh from Zephers clawed boots. He lept from branch to branch looking for an opening all that could be seen is every once in a while a blur through Ka'zeh's vision.

Zepher stoped to take a purch on a branch looking at his back. 'Ka'zeh may be ready for for a back attack but its the only thing open.' He thought to himself and he dashed off down the tree using gravity to increase his speed tremendously but becase it was down the scraping wasn't there the hooks couldn't grip the wood unless they were pushed back into it.

On the ground Zepher threw his sythes up to his left side and pulled them back and as he ran by he slashed as this opponet and back up a tree sitting on a branch to look back at what he did.

Midnight
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Ka`zeh's ears picked up on the sound of the clawed boots traversing the terrain, and he knew that his opponent was attempting to attack his flank. The man had plenty of time to prepare an effective counter attack, but it had to be perfectly executed.

Lower machinations swiftly began their processes, the sinews rippling as he timed the maneuver to begin the moment Zepher came into his immediate proximity. His right foot slid towards the right, and his left followed suite, allowing the scythe to harmlessly slice through his cloak.

The clawed left hand shimmered slightly as Ka`zeh swung his upper appendage towards the face of Zepher. If successful, the three claws would burrow nicely into the right cheek of his foe. Following up his counter attack, whether the blow found its target or not, Ka`zeh would tilt his form, turning his back once more to his foe.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:26 am

(opps sorry about the name flip I was alittle off yesterday lack of sleep)

Lyger looked down at his opponet wondering just how alert he was. He swung his sythe at a rope holding a body in the air. The sythe went into the tree abit and Lyger just sat there watching what his opponet would do as the body hit the ground with a loud thud.

Midnight
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.