Open Challenge

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Open Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Melee preferred but flexible and powers are okay too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Open Challenge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Got a little more information on the rule structure? I would gladly accept if I knew exactly what I was getting into.
Just let me touch your mind... I'll make it quiver in it's own filth. Just let me touch your soul... I'll make it suffer worse the Hell. Just let me touch your heart... I'll break it with a grin. I am Zaltos, the slayer of gods, and the essence of your worst fears. Run while i'll still let you stand.
- Zaltos Kiraxo vs. Amen Ra

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 pm

If you want me to come up with terms off the top of my head realistic melee/weapons? unarmed? (depends on what you want to use.) or if you want full-abilities (power + melee + whatever else.)

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Doesn't matter to me. I'll fight no matter what it is.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:46 pm

In that case lets just put it at "anything" goes and play by ear. (Full character capacities.)

Fenris found himself amidst the ruins of what may have once been a small outpost or village. The sundered walls around overgrown with the ivy of ages past. One or two dilapidated buildings remained intact but the rest were merely one or two walls also strangled by lichen and vines. It was day and the wind was blowing from the east, as the cloaked figure of Fenris made his way to the center of the area what was apparently a clearing, though a few scattered walls remained nearby. He crossed his arms and remained vigilant seeking to meet whoever might come to test his skills, being mindful of his surroundings and establishing a presence as he honed his intent for the task at hand.

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:41 pm

In the far distance something could be seen moving. The creature was moving at a fast pace, closing in on the ruins in no time. When the creature was fully visible, it was a cloaked being on the back of an armor black horse.

The horse was clad in a iron and copper scale armor beneath large chunks of brass that covered the most important spots on the beast. The horse itself was black and exhaled a purple miasma from it's nostrils. Flesh seemed to be scarce on the horse, revealing rotting tissues and bones. It was a true dark horse and reeked of rotting tissue.

The being on the horse would force the beast to halt outside of the ruins. A quick dismount and the being stood on the ground, standing about 5'6". The being would remove it's solid black cloak and lie it on the horse's saddle.

When the being turned around to face the ruins, a zombie like face made of steel and flesh was revealed. It's eyes were a solid red color. The creatures build was stocky for a being that lacked most of it's body tissues. A black alligator leather vest covered the upper body of the being while black denim jeans and black alligator skin chaps covered it's legs. On the beings feet was a beautiful set of black alligator skin, cowboy boots.

On the steel zombies hips resided two revolvers made of stone from Hell. They releases rounds of dark energy that equaled the strength of a .50 Caliber Desert Eagle pistol. These beautiful weapons would blow a hole clean through anything at a close enough range, and even at 50 yards, could still blow a hand off.

The being would begin to move into the ruins. As the creature moved, his hands would begin to become engulfed in a purple miasma. With each step the creature made, it would seem as if hands were reaching out from it's feet. The air around the creature was cold and lifeless, causing any living plants or insects to curl and dry out, dying in seconds.

When the creature was in a distance that it could see Fenris, it would stop. It would pull a black suede cowboy hat and set it on it's head with the front tipped down, hiding it's red eyes from Fenris. The creature would spread it's legs and form an Iron Horse stance. It's miasma engulfed hands would place themselves about six inches from the revolvers, ready to grab the revolvers in a split notice.

"I am the Horseman of the West, Vhaldeecius... your life is mine..." The creature spoke across the clearing, it's voice carrying two tones, one deep, and one technological.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 am

( I suppose for the sake of clarity I should specify Fenris is wearing a specialized-cloak, a vest, and bracers. If you want full disclosure for his specs ask me.)

The tell-tale sign of the horse galloping alerted Fenris to the presence of his opposition, his gaze narrowing as he turned towards the source of the metaphysical-presence. He was slightly disappointed when his opponent stopped, but saw and watched him dismount. He waited, which was more courtesy than he typically showed; though his opposition seemed familiar. Eyes drawn to the miasmatic manifestation that left his oppositions hands. Truth be told poison, disease, toxicity, and corruption were less effective tools against Fenris than others.

Fenris had an idea that this person was some manifestation of plague or pestilence, but perhaps that was just the rotting horse, and the malevolent corrupted presence that his opponent exhibited. Whatever the case as the male took the horse stance, Fenris knew it could double as a melee stance as well as a position to quickly draw his guns from. From within his body, his Intrinsic-Arming manifested, clear essence semi-solidifying in his left hand, though this action was obscured by his cloak, and the manifestation would be tricky to detect through energetic or metaphysical means as it was merely an extension of Fenris' presence, it would not really register as anything that was not already there before, and the action was all but silent, as well as very quick.

However he did not rely on this attempt at deception to keep him safe, as he quickly strafed to his left with inhuman speed while this happened using the cover provided by the broken-stone and overgrown foliage, at least making himself a harder target. This began just after his opponent entered horse-stance. However in mid-stride just after moving past some rubble and relatively high bushes, and before moving behind what used to be the wall of a house, he would pitch what had formed in his left hand at Zaltos' right leg from his 2 o'clock. This action was performed during his evasive-maneuvers, the substance appearing to be a black transparent and oddly reflective viscous liquid moving with bullet-like speed, the action obscured till the last moment by the cloak as Fenris steadily drew from the well of his intent, his presence starting to build.

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 am

Ooc: ill post later, currently working. But i don't need any specs. This is a fight between two strangers, so they don't know anything about each other. You're fighting Vhaldeecius, not Zaltos.))

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:35 pm

(okay fair enough, and thanks for the clarification.)

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaltos-Kiraxo on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Vhaldeecius was fully aware of his opponents movement. Tracking doesn't always consist of magic or vision, but the warm energy of life even if it was a dead life. Vhaaldecius was following the beings soul, looking upon the ruins as if it was an X-Ray.

With Fenris shifted to the right, Vhaaldecius would slowly turn and follow his movements. His half rotted fingers began to bend and stretch while moving closer to his pistols. Despite the cover of the ruins that Fenris would move through, if continued, Fenris would find himself in an open location that was either a park or bazaar of some kind.

Then in a quick shot, Fenris released a shot towards Vhaldeecius's right leg. This shot was met with an arm of some kind that stretched from the shadows of Vhaldeecius's form. The arm was very zombie like, but took the shot instead of Vhaaldecius's leg. Rotted flesh slung across the ground and surroundings from the hand.

In response to this shot, Vhaldeecius responded with a quick draw of his right pistol. As the pistol leveled out, the shots were released. A total of three rounds was released, blowing cantaloupe size holes in whatever it hit. The shots were released in the path of Fenris and if he didn't watch out, he was in for a hurting.

The energy that was engulfing the hands of Vhaaldecius continued to glow, growing darker and darker, stronger and stronger. His shadow was spreading all while the surrounding plants and any living creature that was non-humanoid was dying. The air grew colder by the minute. Vhaldeecius's was summoning death and decay with his presence.

Vhaldeecius extended his long, split, metal tongue and began to lick his face and flicker all while tasting the air. The remnants of the hand that was splattered began to crawl away into the ruins themselves. This zombie like tissue would become a problem later on, especially if more was introduced into the mortal realm.

"You can run, but you will never hide. I can see your soul. I can taste your presence and your soul. You'll have to come a little closer to kill me, coward." Vhaldeecius spoke, laughing and releasing two more rounds into the location and path of Fenris, not aiming to hit him, just making noise.

Zaltos-Kiraxo
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fenris Olfwood on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am

Fenris' "soul" was not really conventional, mind, body, and overall consciousness were one whole formed into a presence, a reflection of the ambient given individual existence. Still at the moment keeping track of Fenris's movements was easy enough. However the true intent of the shot was brought to bear, the layered intent coming to fruition as it struck the rotted arm, the projectile upon hitting it would explode, the liquid partially vaporizing as it shifted using the energy of the dispersing matter to transmute itself into a large shiny black cloud of particles though the pressure of the explosive-spread would create a kinetic-shockwave 6 feet in diameter, with a considerable amount of power that may or may not interrupt Vhaaldecius' intent to start shooting and corrupting the area depending on how the plague-zombie fared against the maneuver, though considering his defense had been to guard with the rotting-arm, the effect of the attack would coincide with Vhaaldecius' attempt at a ranged-offense. In addition if that managed to be interrupted it would potentially delay Vhaaldecius' following metaphysical actions.

The particles which spread would steadily expand after inception bonding with the ambient earth and air. Fenris having begun to build his innate power previously would also draw from the left-over energy of the concussive force of the "haze-bomb" supplementing the power he had already gathered and continuing to build upon it. Regardless of whether his haze-attack had been successful in interruption he did not continue moving behind cover, instead, he moved through it. He channeled his intent into the power he had gathered and struck the wall with his palm honing the strike with preternatural precision, discerning the walls material composition and channeling the force through the medium of stone in such a way to fragment the wall and direct the resulting debris forward like a shot-gun. A widespread attack with a wide radius designed to encompass the general area his opposition was in and potentially bludgeoning him with chunks of stone and piercing him with improvised shrapnel.

He would move forward past where the wall had previously stood with his attack, a transparent and reflective Langes-Messer (Short-Sword) forming in his left hand held before him tilted to his right, as he rode the momentum of the flow he had created to continue building his power, as his precision remained "vigilant" far beyond mortal capacity, his form poised with predatory intent, as he tested his opposition.

Fenris Olfwood
Member for 5 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!