Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Open Challenge: Test Your Courage

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: Open Challenge: Test Your Courage

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:26 pm

He looked at him and chuckles as he stood up and said "Yes, I can deal with the unholy.. but there is a difference in the energy itself and the force behind it.." He stood up and let his aura settle since he would not be affected by it, making it easier on his energy level. He realized that this would be a lot harder than what he was anticipated.

Watching the Broadsword sink into the earth made him wonder what to expect next as he felt the energy changeas the orbs of energy stops moving around as he absorbed the energies from the dark clouds. he was gathering power and since his aura does not work on him, he could not stop it as he got into a readied stance with his scythe, standing sideways from him holding it so that his blade was on the opposite side of the man in front of him.

The runes and marks on his armour pulsed and the reaper knew it, this was making him worry slightly as he said "I am able to sense energy pretty well... That is why I can feel the energy collecting and surging through you."

The hand gestures annoyed him as he stood there for a moment before charging at him again and swinging the scythe to slash at the mans neck, wanting to finish this completely. He was prepared for him to counter and retracted, aiming to shove the blunt end of the scythe into the mans stomach and immediately follow by a attempt to strike at the face with his off hand whether the scythe connects or not

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:02 pm

"I GO FROM BELOW!"
Shouts Marchosias as he charges the scythe with energy while bringing it behind him to attack in an arc. If the attack from below connects, the foe will be helpless in the air. if it doesn't... Well, there are many possible outcomes.

Marchosias scours for every minor detail in the charge of his foe. From the grip on the weapon to the sweat on its face... Wait. Face? He has no protection for his head, and is on a reckless charge with a mid-range weapon... His hands are unprotected as well. "weak-points. Very big weak-points" thought to himself while grinning under his mask.
I'm by no means a good player, i'm a bastard in every aspect. And i can't write for shit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

broheim
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:24 pm

He ran up and aimed to complete the first attack as he aimed for to begin with, but was surprised a bit as he aimed to attack him from behind. It was clear he was trying to attack him with a sweep as he did not have much room to defend. He did the only choice he could and stabbed his blade from the scythe into the ground to try and block his opponents scythe. He moved to slow down quickly as he then said "Good attempt"

His scythe's barbed wire came to life and latched onto the opponents as he let it go to take advantage of his position to try to punch at his face with his right hand, leaving his left for a defense or to grab the scythe again if needed. As he aimed to swing the attack with his fist, it ignited in hellfire to make the attack more devastating as he did not know how well his faceguard would work against fire or hellfire

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 am

"I SAID. I GO FROM BELOW!"
As he says this, the broadsword comes from below the earth covered in molten slag and impacts the beak of the reaper's scythe, sending it 15 meters behind the reaper. The sword spins like a buzz-saw when it collides with the scythe cutting off the wires on himself and landing 15 meters behind him.

As this takes place, Marchosias throws the scythe upwards, spinning like a whirlwind of steel and energy, into his opponent.
As the blade reaps through the ground, covered in lethal energies, a portal opens right before impact, taking in the weapon

"AND FUCK." Marchosias blows the thick smoke onto the reaper's face.
"YOUR" the smoke spread to his fist and 'latches' to it, leeching off energy and preventing the hellfire from becoming more than a few embers.
"MAGIC" He attempts to grab the reaper's face with his right hand, while trying to dig into the reaper's right-leg with his left.

broheim
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:06 am

The Reaper hears the slight rumble in the ground faintly this causing him to turn around right as the sword clashes with the scythe. As soon as it starts to touch the wire he compresses the air around the sword. This causing it to both cool and slow down so it did not cut the wire; it as the molten slag hardens around the blade enough that he quickly grabs it by the handle and pulls it out of the dirt. Using his already prior spin as a continuation for his next move; all while moving the hellfire on his hand around the blade to engulf it.

Swinging it around his motion giving him increased speed and momentum just as the hardened slag melted again to reveal the blade. As he swings for his stomach after advancing the remaining distance the compressed air sharpened around the blade; making it sharper and longer and able to strike with a cutting edge in a full semi circle around his opponent. The reaper gave a soft smirk as he held the scythe in place, twisting it too tighten the grip so he could defend himself with it if needed. Seeing the enemies lack of defense due to this positioning gave him the perfect advantage as he swung with the intent to kill.

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:40 am

"HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED?"
The broadsword freezes in the air, preventing its use against the master and swiftly flickers beetween unholy and fire, to force the reaper to drop it.

"Caught you."
Marchosias successfully sinks his left hand beetween the plates, feeling the warm flesh, he pulls the reaper in and grabs his exposed face with the right hand.
"Feel" Marchosias energy spikes in power as he forcefully inyects massive amounts of unholy energy into the reaper.
"My magic" smoke envelops the reaper as he slowly loosens his grasp on reality. Tendrils of unholy energy extend from Marchosias and caress the soft skin of the reaper.
"Feel the dog eating at you." Marchosias rips a portal into existance behind the reaper. Peeking out of it is the blade of his scythe, rushing at unbelievable speed towards his foe's back.

broheim
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 pm

He looked at the sword as it suddenly stopped in its tracks and sneered as he felt the energy surge through his hand as the fire and unholy might burned him. He was resistant to both by themselves, but them cycling like that was too much as he dropped it and was surprised as he gripped his chest between the platemail. He grabbed his arm and ignited it in hellfire, his whole body engulfing immediately as his hand connected with the reapers face and engulfed him in smoke. He could not help but laugh as he knew that the fire was burning both of his hands and due to hellfires properties, could not just be extiquished by normal means. He then turned his scythe to catch the scythe from the portal at the last moment and then said

"How about you taste mine instead"

He would have minimal reaction time as he took a large breath and shot hellfire from his mouth at the opponents face and chest, knowing that he was loosing grip on reality, making this his last chance to take this guy down or remove the affects of the smoke

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Marchosias is surprised by the baptism by fire, however, there's only so much damage he can sustain before his temporal death.
As the reaper opens his mouth to draw in air to fuel his flames, the mist that emanates from Marchosias rushes into his mouth. Despite being a short breath, it should at least weaken the foe.

Marchosias quickly draws back his hands and shoves back the reaper with his tentacles, only letting a small ember out and gaining distance.
"Ah. Fire from a pit." He said, as he looks at his hand with a face of amusement.
"You know, i have something that you might like, but. Let me take care of this."
Marchosias wraps himself with his tentacles and forces waves upon waves of chaotic fire to emanate from him, attempting to fight fire with fire.

"Oh. Have i told you about the regenerative properties of the negative, or unholy energy on the undead? Look"
Marchosias shows him his hand covered in what looks like bandages that slowly fade away and show the gauntlet.
"Eh, gimme a second."
Marchosias pulls his gauntlet trying to take it off, however, he pulls a bit too strong and loses focus, ripping out his hand.
"Well... Oughta do. Look" he says as he waves his severed hand infront of him. " and now." Marchosias 'connects' his hand and twists it, trying to adjust it.
"See? Fine. Not only that."
Marchosias sword floats to him and cleanly cuts his head off and impales it in mid-air.

"The first time i died, i panicked like a little girl. I was new to lichdom back then."
His head-less body takes the head off the sword and puts it back on.
"And the armor is sort of like that. But i won't tell you the secrets, that would spoil it. Now, get up. We still got a bit of time."
He claps his hands twice and his weapons are sucked in by a portal.

Marchosias shakes up his armor and his cover of magic gets thicker and thicker, until he appears like a 3 meters tall humanoid beast with twisted horns growing forward.
His voice deepens greatly as he takes the form of a beast akin to a minotaur with long talons on his hands and feet.
"I'm coming."

broheim
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 am

He coughed at the smoke entering his mouth and fell to his knees, looking at the man in front of him as he spoke and explained everything. He was taking the time to recover and recoup what was done to him, seeing what he was now and knew that he needed to fight with everything he had. He had one final trick up his sleeve, but he did not know how well it would work. He now knew that his hellfire was not going to work as well as it should, the hellfires unholy energy healing him as the flames hurt him.

This made him the perfect opponent as he stood up and saw him changing forms into that of a minotaur. He reached his hand out and hellfire engulfed his arm, growing slowly into the point that it made a helldemon, the beast was a humanoid form of hellfire, its eyes looked like melting magma and it stood at eight feet tall. The Reaper had a plan and needed a ally to help, even for a moment and summoned his swords "Tatari Anima.. Lamina ardens.. come to me!" His sword that the shield ate the motor of and another sword appeared. Tatari anima was on his shoulder and Lamina Ardens was held out and ready to strike at his opponent when he charged

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby broheim on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:31 pm

"Two swords? So you'll be easier to catch flat-footed?" Bellows the beast as he sratches his belly, showing glimpses of the raging inferno within.

"If we're going with theatrics. I SUMMON THEE! KAZAK-ROH THE KINGDOM BREAKER!"
Marchosias extends his right hand forward as his mist swirls and gathers around it until... Nothing happened.
"It's alright if you're shy, you haven't gone out in a while."
Still nothing, the mist keeps swirling around it, but shows no effect other than small jolts of necrotic energy around it.

Marchosias eyes flare red as he grows a long mane from which many tentacles droop onto the ground and leaps high and aims to land onto his foe.
"SHATTER UPON MY UNSTOPPABLE FORCE!"
Marchosias is boosted in mid-air by a burst of unholy energy from his back, as he accelerates, a massive demonic machete spawns on his clawed hands, howling and screaming in unintelligible tongues as it clamors for the blood of his foe.

His tentacles, refusing to be left behind, ready at his sides like the legs of a spider ambushing its prey, engorging on his necrotic energy to better prepare themselves to deflect an attack.

broheim
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Recruiter on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:18 pm

The reaper looked at him as she bellowed, thinking he will catch him flat footed, but the reality is he was stronger with his variety and he is showing prime examples of it. He smirked at him and looked him over as the flaming humanoid did not make a noise beside the cackling of his flaming body "Flat footed? YOu will never catch me flat footed" He then watched him change as the flaming demon transformed into a flaming comet like object and flew behind Marchosias.

The man seemed to became a monstrous force and the Reaper was not sure how to deal with it yet. Watching as his eyes changed, his body morphed, and mane and tentacles grew. He was almost amazed as he jumped, then accelerated his landing to hit where the Reaper stood. He used winds to jump back swiftly as he hit the ground, dirt flew from his landing point as the demon floated up on the air and blasted Hellfire at his head to try and blind him, hopefully cause some kind of permanent damage as he then jumped into the air and aimed to take out his shoulder with Lamina Ardens, light enough to be swung with full force one handed, while his other sword was ready to counter as well and said "Take the power of my swords!"

Dark Recruiter
Member for 6 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!