Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Orsa of Terminus: News and Events

a part of “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”, a fictional universe by Tiko.

The lull in the war has ended, and the Orsa of Terminus is on the rise once more. Will the battle hardened Patronus remain strong, or fall under the growing might of this renewed threat?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Orsa of Terminus: News and Events

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Alright, first thing I want to state is that, given the nature of this plot, where much of it takes place outside of my direct observation, you as players are going to need to take the initiative when it comes to involvement. Now that's not to say I won't help, just that I need to be made aware.

We have a lot of people and even more characters involved in the plot, far too many for me to feasibly keep track of who is and isn't taking part in scenes.

So with that said, if you feel your character or characters aren't getting enough play time, drop me a PM politely explaining the situation and I will see what I can do about it. Otherwise, if you don't make the effort, I won't be chasing you down.

-

Second thing is to clarify just what this RP is. First I will address that this is an advanced RP, and so we expect decent post quality as far as grammar and spelling as well as in depth characters. I would also like to state that many of us have characters on both teams. This RP is not about winning at all costs, but rather, about collaborating and cooperatively writing an ongoing story.

Also, while we do have an RP tab of our own, any forum posting is done through our sub-forum in the fantasy play-by-post section of the forums. Chat RP scenes are done through the multi-verse chat or our etherpads.

Generally speaking, when we hold major preplanned plot wide events, they will be held in the forums to better allow for group involvement, but players as individuals are welcome to hold their own events within the Multiverse chat, or the forums as they wish.

The last point I should address is that due to taking place within the Multiverse RP, the genres of characters within this RP are variable. Though we are heavily fantasy oriented, we do mingle with modern and even sci-fi characters.

Edit: Also, everyone involved in the story, should at the very least, be keeping up with the events in the story. We have a waiting list of people that want to join, that are reading this stuff anyways, and they're not even in the RP. I would rather have people that want to be here and who hold value in the story to be involved, over the ones that just don't rightly care one way or the other what's going on.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Orsa of Terminus: The War Renewed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Characters

Orsa of Terminus:

Aerona (Script)

Neferata (Script)
Diane (Script)

Ophelia (Script)

Sanina (Tiko)
Fade (Daimayo)
Andrea (Imehal)
Kyle (Tiko)
Viktor (Tiko)
Varia (Tiko)

Nyx (CHain_Way) -deceased-
Krycis (Cryovizard) -deceased-
Architect (Vyral) -deceased-

Pseudo Patronus:
Aurion
Arran
Gawyn
Kalenor
Luriel
Mirana
Oron
Peregrin
Selwyn
Shaiel
Taima (Tiko)

Orsa of Aelora:
Nae'Shiara (Script)
Bahl (Script)
Arial (Script)
Kasha (Script)
The Eyes (Script)
Khamur (Script)
Nirae (Script)
Nae'Shan (Script)
Kelrhut (Script)
Norath (Tiko)
Zahn (Tiko)
Patronus:

Members in Aelora:
Parlina (Imehal)
Kento (Daimayo)
Rynhart (Tiko)
Whisper (Tiko)
Arrow (Arrow)

Sylvire (Script)
Natalie (Imehal)
Aliana (Script)
Elante (Arrow)

Members on Terra:
Scarlet (Arrow)
Ravenlock (Tiko)

Lucas (RedRaine)
Oriel (Arrow)
Lory (Script)
Tessa (Tiko)
Liam (Imehal)
Juoram (Imehal)
Red (Tiko)
Tyr (NotAFlyingToy)

Rhea (Tiko)

Other:
Aiedai (Script)

Aeryn (Script)

Silviana (Script)
Kaleena (Zephyr)
Katarina (Arrow) -deceased- (sort of)

Taima (Tiko) -deceased-
Narruk (Moonscar) -deceased-
Marxan (Conumbra) -deceased-
Kirae (Arrow) -deceased-
Alair (DemiKara) -deceased-
Amira (Ylanne) -deceased-
Rose (Script) -deceased-
Van (Tiko) -deceased-
Samuel (Gasmask) -deceased-
Jeremiah (XavierDantius32) -deceased-
Aelora Resistance:

Thyl (Script)
Aria (Script)
Dorian (Script)
Emma (Script)
Loreia (Script)
Amara (Script)
Kanya (Script)
Naene (Script)
Ciela (Script)
Larkin (Script)
Yué (Script)
Clara (Script)
Aranor (Script)
Talos (Script)
Shana (Script)
Raedan (Script)
Brent (Tiko)
Amber (Tiko)
Naia (Tiko)
Ruan (Tiko)
Anivré (Zephyr)
Aren (Script) -deceased-
Kratos (Script) -deceased-
Lianna (Script) -deceased-
Sara (Script) -deceased-
Nihm (Script) -deceased-
Erina (Script) -deceased-

The Mira:

Goliath (NotAFlyingToy)
Fiera (Tiko)
Gremroth (Tiko)
Myst (Alasund De'astio)
Saryth (Wraith)

Groth (Script) -deceased-

The Tal'asan:

Verissa (Alasund De'astio)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Note to self: Bookmark this thread and post in Patch's and my thread which should have been posted in over two weeks ago.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 am

Ylanne wrote:Note to self: Bookmark this thread and post in Patch's and my thread which should have been posted in over two weeks ago.

No rush :P We know you're pretty busy right now.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 am

Speaking of which, that scene makes me giggle in delight at the tought of having Orsa just plow through solid concrete.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 am

For the new additions, just a quick note. This RP is a continuation of one that has been running for about seven or eight months now. The activity tab within the Orsa of Terminus tab will be used strictly as a record keeping location, seeing as previously mentioned - the actual RPing is done within the Multiverse RP.

I will be making the information from the last half a year or so of the story available bits at a time, but it's going to be a slow process. Half a year of a story is going to take time for me to piece together from memory :)

However, knowing what went on in the story prior to now is not necessary for joining.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 pm

In fairness, some of the current members aren't sure about everything that's happened up until now! You know you've got my assistance in organising and gathering logs. I'll happily dig through the logs on site for the older ones that I don't have too. I've got to have sooommeee use.

Also, I haven't said it yet, but lovely job with the tab and thread. Lovely and simple.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm

As many of you who know me know, I am obsessive about keepings logs. If I was online and present at the time anything occurred -- like the epic battle between Parabola and Patch involving many of us as well several months ago -- I will have complete logs of the entire thing and can share those, though it will require digging through hundreds of text log files arranged only by date.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Ylanne wrote:As many of you who know me know, I am obsessive about keepings logs. If I was online and present at the time anything occurred -- like the epic battle between Parabola and Patch involving many of us as well several months ago -- I will have complete logs of the entire thing and can share those, though it will require digging through hundreds of text log files arranged only by date.

That would be awesome. I'm going to especially need help from you on filling in some gaps, because the one area of the plot that's almost a blank spot for me, is unfortunately you. I know you and Admiral did a lot of stuff alone, and it's going to be hard for me to fit it into the time-line. However, I'm going to get the time-line I can recall together first, to try and help give me a good structure when I try to fill in Ayasha's and Cameron's exploits.

I'm sad that so much of the past story is lost, and would like to keep better records here on forward, for the historical value, and just reading enjoyment. But what I can salvage I will ^^

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm

If I was present for it, of course I have the logs. I also have logs of things involving other people too. There was a meeting with Sylvire, Whisper, Ayasha, and Aiyanna. There was also Ayasha's encounter with Whisper after her betrayal. There is all the stuff with Ayasha and Drakus and Cameron -- and stuff involving the Aschen and Ayasha and Cameron. I have all those logs.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 am

For those that haven't noticed, Parabola has posted an epic background bit into the original downfall of the Patronus. This takes place over a thousand years before our characters enter the picture. It was a very enjoyable read, but expect sadness ;_;

Anyways, he added the link to the links section of this thread. :)

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:20 am

Added link to The Magical Eradication Bureau, from two days ago. This is Ayasha's reassignment reflecting the recent political changes, and may affect her relationship with others within Patronus. To barney_fife and Izoi: I edited slightly for misspellings, grammar, and in very few places for style. The actual content and word choices are all the same.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Alright, I have been holding off on publicly announcing this, due to the holidays, and well, I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up if it wound up postponed indefinitely. However, I'm pleased to say that things are progressing well, and if all deadlines are kept, then all ongoing scenes should be completed by mid January.

The reason for this deadline is the approach of a large plot wide event, that will be including every single player and character. This is a massive undertaking, due to us having about a dozen involved players, and well over 40 characters.

The Sealed One has grown restless and impatient, and has decided to end things once and for all. Much as he razed Sylvire's homeland, he once again seeks to unleash his fury upon the world, and those that would stand against him and his generals.

The Orsa will be organizing all out assaults on every last known Patronus member and ally. They will be assaulting places of business, homes, schools. Whatever they need to, to root out the Patronus, and destroy them.

During these attacks, Sylvire will be summoning the survivors to her, to flee to her homeland, through her Library. Her homeland has long been over-run by the sealed one, and it will be a dangerous gamble, but with the Patronus pushed into a retreat, one they will be forced to make.

With the Patronus on the run, they will need to discover a means of taking the fight to the Sealed One, or resign to being hunted down and exterminated.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Event Groupings – If you're not on this list, contact me ASAP! It means I still have no idea what the heck your character is doing.

Dallas' Temple:
Taima
Rynhart
Parlina
Alair
Kento
Ziel

Neferata
Peregrin
Arran

Academia Celestia:
Scarlet
Natalie
Elante
Aeryn
Katarina
Rhea
Tessa
Liam

Krycis - 5000 Iron Warriors, 1000 Steel Knights, 100 Magi, 50 Grave Golems, and 2 Dreadnaughts
The Pariah
Silvertongue
Aurion
The Architect

Odds'n'ends (for evil dark lords and ladies):
Namira

Shaiel
Gawyn

The Plateau (Marxan's headquarters):
Marxan
Blackjack
Ehrian
Oron
Vieed
55G
Busted
Iesha

The Butcher

Private residence, near Washington D.C.:
Ayasha

The Raven
Cameron

Lakeside private residence:
Arrow
Aliana
Narruk
Kirae

Sanina
Fade
Nicholas
Mirana

The Monastery:
Messor

Sylvire

Lucien
Selwyn
Luriel
Oron
Kalenor

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Patronus Group Listings – Due to the large number of characters involved in this roleplay, we're splitting things up. There will be three groups.

Also, I will state that these are loose lists only. This is merely a preference as to which group you would like your Patronus character to end up with after the aforementioned scenes and attacks are completed. As the exact outcome of the attacks, is as of yet, undetermined, and there may be unexpected casualities or complications that arise, these lists are subject to change without warning.

Sylvire's group: This group will be the surviving Patronus members and allies, that succeed in escaping through Sylvire's library, and will be pursing activities in Sylvire's homeland for an undetermined amount of time. This will leave the characters on a different continent from wing city and out of contact with the rest of the world, for an unknown length of time (something to keep in mind if you wish to put a character in this group).

This group will be a high demand group as far as post activity and involvement.

Splinter Group: These are the Patronus members and allies that survived the assaults and attacks, but were not able to escape with the rest. They will be responsible for working to counter the Orsa offenses and movements around the Wing City Area, to try and slow the encroachment of the Sealed One.

This group due to likely being mostly alt characters that didn't make it into Sylvire's group and having the luxury of being able to continue other RP's and story arcs within the multiverse/wing city, will have less enforcement of post activity. So if you have time constraints, or characters that are involved in a lot of things, this group may be ideal for you.

Sylvire's Group: -FULL-

*Sylvire
*Natalie
*Parlina
*Elante
*Arrow
Samuel
Rynhart
Whisper ???
Marxan
*Kento
Alair
Ziel

Splinter Group:

Silviana
Scarlet
Katarina
Namira
Blackjack
Marxan's Crew
Rhea

Other or Undecided:

Aiedai
Aliana
Narruk
Kirae
Ayasha

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:32 pm

All right, I see neither of my characters here.

The MEA, as Tiko knows, (this is relevant because it is listed as an ally of the Patronus via Ayasha in the original participants list way up there) and as anyone who reads the IC News Feed or keeps up with discussion about Multiversal politics, no longer exists. It is now the "Magical Eradication Bureau" (link above in completed scenes) and is part of the Aschen Government. The Aschen are not officially affiliated with either the Patronus or the Orsa. Officially, both the Patronus and Orsa are considered "illegal terrorist organizations."

Because of the above, I don't know if any of the former MEA people -- all of whom have transferred laterally to the reorganized MEB -- would also be targeted by the Orsa, who I'm sure would be mostly aware of the political changes. If they would be -- whomever is coordinating the Orsa people (which I should know, but don't) -- then please let me know. I have created one other character who I play on a semi-regular basis affiliated with the former MEA. (Amira Qahtani, the former Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Wing City field office, is this character.)

Ayasha Ziedins's new position is Director of the new MEB. I have no preference as to whether or not she survives the attack by the Orsa. Her scene I would prefer, however, to be smaller scale. It is harder for me to keep up with posting requirements when scenes involve multiple people. This is for both the logistical reason, and for character development reasons of which Tiko is aware. She will be home, near Washington D.C. (which is occupied by the Coalition), visiting her elderly parents at the time of the attack. Her parents may or may not be present during the attack. That's something whomever I'm paired with will coordinate among other things.

Cameron Fields. The scene linked above in unfinished scenes will be finished, and is presumed to have concluded -- upon its conclusion -- before the political changes with the Aschen and Americans. Thus, he ought to be available by the time these scenes start. Ideally, for reasons of parallel character development regarding both him and Ayasha, Cameron should be placed in the group responsible for attacking the Patronus members and associates. As with Ayasha, if he could be placed in a smaller scene as opposed to one involving a large number of people in a simultaneous location, that would be ideal for my ability to post.

January is the month when everyone elected in November will be assuming office. I am hosting several events and faced with several deadlines throughout the month, so feel it would be unfair to attempt to commit to a very rigorous posting schedule.

Thanks again and hope everyone had a happy holidays,

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm

I am posting in this thread so it appears in my 'View Your Posts' thing. Also, wenis.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Due to keeping some measure of fairness within the plot, some loose power guidelines will be going into place. This wont have any real influence on anything at the moment. But for those familiar with the Anime League tiers, all characters will be limited to being no higher than Intermediate Tier (Level 5) without specific approval.

Lower tiers are fine, but higher tiers will be granted on a case by case basis only. I'm more likely to approve higher tiers for members of the Orsa team.

If you're not familiar with the tiers, and aren't sure of something, just ask me. But as I said, this wont have any real influence on anything actively going on. Everyone's characters already in the plot are approved already, and only one exceeds these guidelines. Chances are unless I say something to you, you're fine.

Also I'll leave this open to the players involved, seeing as it will have a major influence on things and I wouldn't want to impose this change mid story. But I'm wondering how people would feel about removing the Callstone and Mark of Orsa ability that allows a character a means of escaping death.

I understand that this plot is within the multiverse, and character death can be hard to accept at times. But with the changes in the plot, I feel there will be less focus on repeated Orsa/Patronus team clashes, unless it's a major event, and thus there will be less opportunities of character death in general. And if it is happening, chances are the scene was pre-agreed to anyways.

I want to lower the repetitiveness of repeated fights to the death, while re-instating a certain level of 'fear/risk/danger' when it comes to the consequences of failure. We're all reasonable players here, who are considerate and respectful towards our fellow players, and I feel that we have the maturity level to handle things without the safety net of the Callstone's and Mark's, get out of death free cards.

Anyways, please leave input on this matter, as I want to know how everyone feels about it.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:47 pm

I would support this idea. I've sort of ignored the get-out clause anyway, so far. :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I also support the idea though I still have no idea what tiers are. I support the part of the idea that has to do with removing the callstone and mark abilities, neither of which I have used (or known exactly how to use.)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!