Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Ghalerion

Out of Character

a part of “Ghalerion”, a fictional universe by Kouketsu.

Kouketsu's epic.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghalerion”.
Description Pending

Re: Out of Character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice in Wonderland on Fri May 25, 2007 3:21 pm

I'd like to know a little about the Army...

Do peasents join or are they all well trained?
Why are the Characters scared of the army? (This confuses me most.. xD)
How well equiped are they? What weapons?
Their motive is...?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alice in Wonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Fri May 25, 2007 4:46 pm

I'd like to know when exactly Dusk's group has entered the valley, time-wise. Obviously, the army has made it to the valley, but is it before the initial skirmishes or after?

Basically, are the Vykens preparing for war or about to make it? Etien's post is part flashback, to before they struck then takes place after the border attacks and they're now ready to battle.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marten
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri May 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Alice in Wonderland wrote:I'd like to know a little about the Army...

Do peasents join or are they all well trained?
Why are the Characters scared of the army? (This confuses me most.. xD)
How well equiped are they? What weapons?
Their motive is...?

I'll take this one first. Generally, the army are composed of mercenary corps and people generally well-skilled with a weapon. However, the Ghalerion army (Ghalerion being nothing more than the capital city of the entire country mind you) never had numbers touching one million (Closer to 250,000 overall actually initially stationed throughout the country), but it'll be explained eventually in my posts how they managed to get this big (Although if you guys don't mind me spoiling it, they conquered a good portion of Ghale during most of the route, from Ghalerion on the southern tip of the continent to the Harborym Valley at the north.)

Well, the characters aren't necessarily afraid per se. In fact, the reason everybody's charging to Harborym is because they want to put a stop to the conquest of the army. Only thing being they didn't realize the force would be so unstoppable. The characters are afraid because this army is on a conquest in general. The arch generals behind the entire scheme are essentially trying to claim control of the country (Which is currently leaderless, although Dusk is the rightful heir and the 6th Lord Baron of Ghale but is assumed by most within the country to be dead. <_<) and expand from there. Their motivation is really just that they desire control. Ghalerion (The world, not the city. I know it's confusing with two places sharing the same name. x_x) is only 700 years young as a world and much of it is still unclaimed and unconquered, so people are still trying to take as much land as they can and stake their claim. There are also some other personal motives involved for why some of the arch generals in particular are doing what they're doing (And backstory as to how they gained their power to begin with) but it'd be better not to spoil that part of things right now. >_>

How well equipped? Basic weaponry I'd say. Swords, spears, bows, and arrows. A few more special characters also brandish their own unique types. Still though, even with bare hands the sheer numbers make winning a veritable impossibility. <_<

And the motive thing I answered earlier.

Marten wrote:I'd like to know when exactly Dusk's group has entered the valley, time-wise. Obviously, the army has made it to the valley, but is it before the initial skirmishes or after?

Basically, are the Vykens preparing for war or about to make it? Etien's post is part flashback, to before they struck then takes place after the border attacks and they're now ready to battle.

To put it into a timeline sort of thing here, the Ghalerion forces arrived there weeks ago. They already had people within the valley scouting and mapping it out before Dusk was even aware of the attack. The army, as far as the Vykens go at least, have yet to really engage any of them. The troops arrived on the western and southern fronts whereas the Vyken tribes live on the eastern. What Dusk saw in my last post was the troops marching eastward in unison (But note that there are a damn lot of troops here, so they're stationed pretty far east already and have been clearing the path for the rest to follow, which would lead to that dead feline spotted in the earlier Harborym posts.)

In short, the Vykens should be preparing for war because some greedy assholes want their land.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Fri May 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Psst, that kitty is still alive.

And alright, I believe guerrilla tactics are in order. Let me know when you're ready to be attacked.

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Fri May 25, 2007 8:33 pm

So they're all generally alright with weapons, what about their training? Did they have a boot camp or just like a crash corse in formations and commands? Thats important, because my character's ability to fight alot of people relies heavily on how well trained and experienced they are. Naturally, some one who's been around a battlefield a couple of times would wait til' later to mourn a buddy and cut up the ass hole who did it....but a farm boy with a big sword would collapse on the spot. Fear is what I'm talking about, and for most people a dude running around with big blades attached to his wrists, maiming and cutting people in half would generally be cause for freaking out and curling up into the fetal position.

Sensha
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sat May 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Edge and Von, you two can post and then we'll carry it from there.

Jader
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 pm

What the hell!! I posted last night. Don't tell me the site lost my post. Damnit! (*&%!#%@^%&#%@#!!!!_2+2=4

Ug, it's a good thing I always save my posts in word.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Sun May 27, 2007 2:17 am

Can I guerrilla this shit yet?

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am

After my post, yeah, since our characters need more motivation to come out of hiding.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Sun May 27, 2007 10:45 am

Alright.

When will you have the army set up camp? They're going to have to, especially to feed such a large number of troops.

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun May 27, 2007 11:04 am

It's almost night, so the army will be settling down for food and sleep very soon.

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Sun May 27, 2007 11:46 am

Just posted. Enjoy. :)

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Looks like the guerilla warfare has begun. D: Plus it's night time!

Jader
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sensha on Sun May 27, 2007 8:46 pm

*Grumbles some*Looks like a vyken arrow could cut through Sensha's armor...normal bows don't have the oomgh to penetrate his leather armor...

Sensha
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Thu May 31, 2007 4:55 pm

Sorry for the leave of absence. I had a few problems with my wireless. Anyway, I'll take up from the basilisks being summoned.

It looks like I'll have to bring out the Vyken mounts in the next altercation.

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:23 am

Wow. o_o

I'm surprised by how many of you are actually planning on trying to fight like, a million Ghalerion troops. >_>

I mean, aside from Marten who happens to be controlling the entire Vyken colonies right now, the rest of us are going to get our asses kicked at this rate. Lol.

Anyways, just wanted to apologize for the lags between my posting thus far. I'm going to be picking it up a lot (Because my status after June 9th is going to be pretty up in the air because of some college stuff, so yeah.) so I hope we can make some major progress here over this next week.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marten on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:52 pm

Well, I've got a post in the works but I'd like to clarify what exactly that mage girl is doing.

That's basically it, since I've already got how to get rid of the basilisks thought out.

Marten
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aysu on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:38 pm

-pokes her head in- Okay for one Hi ya'll probally don't even remember, if you do, I am both happy and slightly suprised.
First off, hello all and long time no see to those who remember me, Bonjour to the new ones that I have yet to meet, I've been gone for some time (yea thats very obvious) and you probally don't care as to why that was or ...well nvm that hole point in explaining is pointless, all i have to say is Hi, I'm back and I will try my best otake part in any RP, that is if I'm not to late ^_^ (oh yea I might start opening a drawing shop thing for characters again, I never did get to give every person I promised their sketches, and trust me when I say you will still want it if not then well oh well, more for me)
Meko meow mew, my kitty hello to you

Aysu
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice in Wonderland on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Marten wrote:Well, I've got a post in the works but I'd like to clarify what exactly that mage girl is doing.

That's basically it, since I've already got how to get rid of the basilisks thought out.

You mean me? Well running seems like a good option right now. xD

Alice in Wonderland
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackheartTheWicked on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Kouketsu was telling me that everyone was supposed to get arrested at some point, but apparently, as we can all see, everyone's sort of going about their own thing. I still believe, however, we can stick to the said original plan and pull it off. I propose the following:

Gaidoku, one of the five generals, has been trailing Ka`zeh's party ever since they left Ghale. I could have him knock out Von and Aarisa, who are still back on the hill apparently.

Now I don't know how you're going about to get rid of Yuudoku's basilisks, Marten, but I can have Gaidoku come down into the valley after securing the previous four and put the other... four or five?... under arrest as well. If the basilisks aren't gone by then, Yuu will be forced to call them off anyhow.

I'm sure Kouketsu can find some way to have Catilin and Dusk get caught.

I think we can still pull this off, but I wanted to suggest this way of tying it up if we can. Thoughts?

BlackheartTheWicked
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.