Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

}{G - Out of the Darkness

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:34 pm

Eros was somewhat taken aback by Miyumi's sudden outburst.

Just like a pilot not to believe a mechanic.

The thougt flashed through his head, an ability that came from being a Newtype.

He stood. A sudden burst of dizziness washed over him, but he stayed on his feet.

"Excuse me for not believing you, but the only thind I know of you is your name." Eros told Miyumi. "Though, I'm not surprised. The only people who know how the MS beam weapons work are the Federation engineers, mechanics, and pilots," he explained. "They are considered top secret. Although the fact that you don't understand beam weapons is comforting. It means you probably aren't Zeon."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Miyumi faded into the background in an attempt not to make a bad situation by her reaction to his comment. A diplomat she was not, but she realized now was not the time to make impulsive decisions. Don't say anything, deep breaths. Maybe as far as he knows that is the only way to make beam weapons. He was not trying to insult you. Instead she looked at the medics and Zhelir.

"If it hasn't already been lost, I believe we were going to find out just when he can leave?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Zhelir ran a hand over his left temple, a dull throb beginning to progress from within it. He didn't like dealing with nutjobs, nor people who failed to listen, and this guy seemed to be both. He let out a long, steady breath before speaking.

"All right, I'm gunna lay this out flat. I don't give two shits what the docs say, y'either sustained a hell of a head injury or you're batshit insane. It's th'year 202 A.C., as I've already said, and there is no such thing as the Zeon or the Federation, unless they're so insignificant that I ain't heard of either, in which case it would explain you usin' a suit that seems to run on good thoughts 'n' fairy dust.

"You're on Lagrange Colony 4, my colony. Currently, you're under the guard and gun of the Space Imperial Guard, which'd be men loyal to the alliance between Hell's Gundams and the colonies.

"Now, here's what you're gunna do. You're gunna lie your ass down while the docs keep tryin' to figure out what stirred your brains up, and if you try to move, I'll have four guards stationed that'll be heavily armed and authorized to use any force they deem necesary. So lie the fuck down."

He looked to the door, insuring that there were indeed the four that'd trailed up with him to the medical station. He had taken the notion to bring four men with him at all times, but not for protection -- moreso for ease of placement.
"Ya'll heard that, right?"

As opposed to nodding, the frontmost of the four clicked the safety off on his gun. Zhelir nodded and headed for the door.
"Miyumi, do whatcha want. Go check that hunk a' junk out, go off-duty, your call. Doc, I've got my comm, keep my posted. I'll be around."

With that, he pushed past the guards and out the door.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:52 pm

Miyumi felt a little lost without definitive orders, but realized that Zhelir should not be approached just now. Wow, he's really annoyed... do whatever? When was the last time I was given that much free reign. Wait...

1- put zero system on Virgos and make sure productions are at max
2- refit leviathon
3- find out what the pilot can do to help me understand his gundam

Okay, so I stick to the plan. I'm off for the rest of today, I'll find out what Eros can do to help me, and then explain that we'll be working during my off-time, because I've got a bigger priority. The war will go on, and I must be sure we have enough to stand a chance! But first,
She gave a doubtful look at Eros. I need to find out just how crazy the set-up is... Oh! His cross! Walking up to Eros, she cleared her throat.

"Um, I held onto this so you wouldn't lose it." She handed him the band that had the cross on it. As he tied it back on, she continued. "I'm not going to be able to do anything at all until you can explain the shematics of your gundam. I have other duties, but I have today off. After that, I get after dinner until breakfast, and one day a week when we can work on your gundam. I know you can't leave here, but that's okay because my computer has everything from your system on it, and also some other gundam systems so you can see how they're supposed to look. Let's not get into a fight about whether or not your gundam worked wherever you've come from, and instead try to figure out how to make it work here." She held up her computer so he could see the layout of his gundam which was still up on the screen. "So how about you tell me what everything means?"

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:32 pm

"Hmmmm......" Eros murmured, looking at Miyumi's screen.

"Sir, if you would." said the CMO, motioning for Eros to lie back down. "I'd really like not to get on Zhelir's bad side, so I am going to run a few psyche scans."

"All right," consented Eros. "Is it safe to talk while under the scanners?"

"Perfectly. Just try not to move too much."

Okay.

"Where to start......" Eros said softly, thoughtfully.

Eros reached out, his mind probing the emotions of the people around him. From the med staff he felt......fear, fear of Zhelir.

I need to watch this character. he thought.

From Miyumi, he sensed awe, bewilderment, but most of all, curiosity.

She is definitely one who craves knowledge......

"Here," he continued. "When I awoke before being picked up, my generator was down. Have you determined what is wrong with it?"

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:24 am

"As far as I can tell, whatever you were using as a power-source is completely gone."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:33 am

"That's peculiar." Eros said, pnodering the problem. "Yikes!" he suddenly exclaimed.

The guards at the door jumped.

"What did you do?" he demanded of the CMO.

"I was encountering resistance to my brain scan, so I upped the power. There was an anomolous reading, and I was trying to find out what it meant." the Med managed to stammer out.

"Well, please don't do it again. It hurt."

"That shouldn't have hurt." said the CMO. "Most people would not have noticed."

"I'm not most people." Eros replied.

He let the CMO ponder that one for a minute, then turned back to Miyumi's computer.

"Let's figure something out. You and Zhelir reffered to the armor material as Gundanium. It is Luna Titanium Alloy. Gundarium is something totally different. It's still in developement, and is hard to produce. And as far as my fuel, I don't see how Minovsky Particles could dissapear."

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:46 am

Miyumi thought about how to reply to this for a minute. She knew this would take careful phrasing. She still wasn't sure he wasn't crazy, but she knew he knew what his gundam was supposed to be, and she needed his knowledge about it.

"Look, I understand that you believe the universe works in a different way than what I know it does. Let's assume for a minute that wherever you came from, it did work that way, and that you're now someplace where it doesn't. Because gundanium has been developed, and has been used quite extensively here. I should know, I've been working on gundams for the past decade or so. We don't know what Minovsky particles are, and we've never heard of the group Zeon that you're so worried about. So maybe we need to start at the basics. Why don't you tell me everything you know about how your gundam was supposed to work, and then I tell you how our gundams work, and then we figure out how to make your gundam work without changing it so much that you can't pilot it anymore."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:59 am

Eros sat in relative silence for a few moments, the only sounds were breathing and the slight whir of the medical scanners.

This is classified information. Eros thought to himself. Yet I trust her.

"Okay. I'll tell you about the Gundam, and then maybe about the war. But everything I tell you is supposed to be classified." Eros sighed.

"The Gundam is a prototype medium to close range Mobile Suit. It draws power from a Supercompact Minovsky Particle Fusion generator. The Beam Rifle fires a beam of energy generated by Minovsky Particles. Beam Sabers, and the Javelin focus the Particles into a concentrated blade capable of slicing or piercing most armor. The vulcan guns and bazooka are pretty much just basic projectile weapons. The Luna Titanium Armor is the toughest material we have to use. The armor is used in conjunction with an advanced cooling system so that the Gundam can survive atmospheric reentry. My Gundam, G-3, employs a magnetic coating on the joints which reduces friction, and allows it to react more quickly. The verniers and propellant tanks are basically the same as most other MS's." Eros explained with out pause. Then he lowered his voice. "I take it Zhelir intends to use G-3 for his own purposes?" he asked Miyumi.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:07 am

"I don't know what Zhelir plans to do now. I don't ask, I just fix things. Anything that was relying on Minovsky Particles for power we're going to have to rework the hook-ups, because Minovsky power just isn't an option. Like I said, we don't use Minovsky particles in this universe."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:08 am

Eros could sense the confusion coming from the engineer in waves.

"You don't even know what Minovsky Particles are, do you?" Inquired Eros.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:13 am

Miyumi was slightly annoyed, but more just plain confused on how it could have taken him so long to figure that out. He seemed pretty quick about other things...No, I don't. I would love it if you could explain them to me. Take it back to the begining of when they were discovered.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:18 am

"Ah, now we're getting somewhere. I'm not exactly sure when they were discovered, but it wasn't too long ago. They are mostly used to jam radio and radar, but even more recently it was discovered that they can be used to generate power and be used as weapons." Eros explained. "Consequently, what do you use for power?"

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:43 pm

"Depending on the model, we've used hydrogen fusion reactors or basic lithium ion batteries. I think the fusion reactor would work better in yours?"

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:23 am

Eros thought this over for a moment.

"Yes. We might be able to rig it to my power distribution system. Was that intact?"

Eros felt a.....buzzing in his head.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:57 am

Miyumi consulted her laptop, then pointed out a part that was located under the chest of the gundam.

"This? It took a beating, but it's mostly workable. It wouldn't take long to fix that."
Last edited by miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:00 am

"That's a major relief." Eros relaxed a bit.

The buzzing continued.

"What about the weapons? How do you power your beams?"

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 am

He's probably going to laugh at this, since it sounds like he's used to more advanced technology. Miyumi answered in a wry voice.

"Batteries."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:04 am

Miyumi's response completely threw Eros for a loop. He started chuckling. Then pain racked his diaphragm.

Okay, less laughing. he though around a cough.

"B-batteries." he stammered. " you're kidding, right?"

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:06 am

Miyumi grinned at his reaction, both since she caught him off-guard and because it was her guess.

"Nope."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.