Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

}{G - Out of the Darkness

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:08 am

Eros stared at the engineer with awe.

They seriously use batteries? he wondered silently. They must drain so quickly.
"You use old-style batteries? How long have your people been using Mobile Suits?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am

"We started developing mobile suits in AC 173, so that's... 7, 20, 2, 29 years"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:28 am

OOC: I can't get on any sites w/ a UC timeline because of my school's filter. If I make a mistake, I will correct later.

"Zeon Started developing MS in 0073. The Federation started eight month ago. Some of our beam weapons use Minovsky Particle ECAPS, and others tie directly into the MS's power core. Batteries are outdated after only six years."

Erosjust sat there. The buzzing was almost unbearable.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:29 am

"But when did you start developing minovsky particles?"

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:31 am

"HMMM. If I remember correctly, 0065. That was when they were discovered. But they weren't used for weaponry until 0079."

I'm going to go crazy!

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:35 am

Miyumi finally notices the look on his face.

"Are you okay?"

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:54 pm

Eros grabbed his head.

"UUNGH." he suddenly realized that he hadn't heard from the CMO in a while.

Eros surveyed the sickbay, looking for the doctor. He speid the doctor at a computer terminal, rapidly typing.

Eros sensed waves of urgency and fascination emenating from the med.

"Why are you probing my mind?" Eros demanded, rising to his feet.

KAPOW. A bullet barely missed Eros' nose.

"Back on the table bud." ordered the foremost guard.

Eros slowly lowered himself back down.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Eros thought directing it to the doctor.

"AAH!" shouted the CMO as he colapsed to the floor. "What are you doing?"

The chief guard was suddenly next to Eros, his gun pressing into Eros' neck.

"I don't know what you're doing, but cut it out now."

Fear. Fear from all of them.

Eros lashed out with his mind. The guard was thrown off for only second, but that was enough time for Eros to knee him in the thigh, and grab the gun.

The other guards were all training their guns on Eros' head. Eros raised his gun to the CMO, who had pulled out his comm unit and was calling Zhelir.

"You try to shoot, and he'll be dead before you pull the trigger." Eros informed the wary guards.

The door whooshed open, and there stood Zheilr holding an Assault Rifle.
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:10 pm

OOC: Just a quick word, but you might wanna avoid metagaming (that is, controlling another person's character.) You were right that Zhelir would enter, but the choice of weaponry is wrong -- Zhelir has always despised fully-automatic weaponry. I'll indicate his choice of weaponry in the post, and I'd appreciate it if you'd modify that last bit in your post to a G3A4.

IC:

Zhelir stood in the doorway, seething. Not only had he not turned the bastard out for being an unknown element and possibly a spy, but he gave him free medical attention, as well, and now he was reaping the rewards for it. His fingers tightened around the stock of the powerful rifle in his hands. He didn't raise the weapon; he knew he could get it up in time to blow the guy's skull through if he shot the doc or turned the weapon on someone else in the room, if need be.

"Use your head, shit fer brains. Ya plug my doc, you're gunna be standin' there out in the open with enough heat trained to ya to liquify ya. Now let 'im go and get on the bed, or stand there 'til your legs get too worn out to stay standin'. You've got no way out."

Zhelir sturdied himself, prepared to wait this out of he had to. The guy seemed smart enough to make the right choice; there was no way to get off the colony if you weren't supposed to. With a press of the button on his personal comlink, every door into the hanger area would be magnetically sealed and he'd be trapped in a colony full of pissed off soldiers. They didn't take lightly to the execution of their own kind.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Mentally cursing herself for not noticing something was off sooner, Miyumi had hit the ground at the first mental shot, luckily dodging to the left and out of the gunfire. She thanked the Lord she semi-believed in for that bit of providence, and gave another thought of thanks as Zhelir came in. She quickly crawled back to stand by the doorway and give everyone a clear shot. She then dropped her computer bag which she had only just realized she had grabbed and taken with her, and held onto her computer, which she had folded right before asking if he was alright. Adreneline pumping and every muscle tense, she waited to see what would happen.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Eros just stood there, pondering what his next move should be. He decided to call Zhelir's bluff.

"Mr. Zhelir, I don't want to kill anyone unless I have to. If you'll allow me, I'll put the gun on the floor."

Eros slowly squatted, laying the gun down, eyes never wavering from Zhelir. As he arose, Eros reached out to sense everyone's emotions. He mostly felt uncertainty.

"I apologize for the misunderstanding. Your surgeon was probing my mind. He told me he was only doing a psyche scan, but he was doing something else, too. I hate being lied to. Before I could get an explanation, your Security Chief took a potshot at me."

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:21 pm

The instant the man's weapon was lowered, Zhelir snapped his own up and took aim. He didn't forgive easily; there were scores of dead men that could testify to that.

"Firstly, get on the bed and lay down, and these fine gentlemen are gunna strap ya down. I gave ya that chance to be treated like a civilian, now you're gunna be treated like a prisoner.

"Secondly, if you're gunna be on my colony, me an' mine are gunna know everything there is to know about ya. If that bothered you b'fore, I'da given you the option of taking a shuttle over to L01, which is under less militaristic conditions. Now, however, I'm not givin' ya the luxery.

"Finally, gentlemen, don't take a potshot next time. It was good thinkin' this time, friendly reminder, but if there's reason to shoot 'gain, it's gunna be because he's tryin' to break loose. That happens, you plug 'im, and enough times t'be sure. Doc, feel free to resume whatever the hell ya were doin' prior to the disturbance 'soon as he's back down."

He kept the weapon trained, his acid-green eyes blazing with an intense fury. He began to count down from 30 in his head, setting himself to fire when he hit zero.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:30 pm

30, 29, 28, 27... Eros felt Zhelir counting down.

I'd better reserve my strength. he thought.

Eros sat on the bed then swung his legs up as well. The guards moved in to strap him down. Eros tensed up as much as he could, but didn't move.

"Are you happy, Zhelir?" Eros asked in an honest tone.

Buzz. Eros felt whatever the Med was doing start again.

I can't let him figure out that I'm a Newtype. he thought.

Eros relaxed his mind, ignoring all Newtype impulses.

The guards finished strapping him down, and he relaxed his body well.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 pm

The instant they finished strapping him, he spoke up, ignoring the prisoner's question.

"Good, now tight'n 'em down s'more. 'S one of the oldest tricks maggots play, trying to make their bodies as big as possible, holdin' their breath n' shit, so they got wiggle room when 's all said n' done.

"As for me, I'm headin' back to the Leviathan. As before, I'll be in contact, Doc. If he gives ya shit, do whatever makes his head hurt twice as hard."

He strode from the room once more, nodding once to the frontmost guard on his way by.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 pm

Miyumi was torn. She had been so sure... but Zhelir wouldn't like her communicating all that much with him, and Zhelir was her current commander. So, she left the room, very shaken. It was time for bed anyway, she had to get an early start that morning.

She entered her quarters, locked the door behind her, threw herself face-down on her bed and began to cry into her pillow. Why did I have to be the one to find him? Why do I have to always pity the hurt? Why can't I think more when it comes to other people? Finally, her tears came to a stop as she countered each why with an argument, until the side that said she would be fine won out. She had a headache, but she knew these types. All she had to do was sleep it off. As she fell asleep, she had one last thought. I still might need to consult him on that gundam...

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:33 am

Eros spent the colony's artificial night inside his head. The doctor repeatedly tried as many tests and scans as he could think of. Eros knew that if Zhelir found out that he was a Newtype, he would either kill Eros, or force him to be a weapon. Thus, Eros fought the scans. On some ignoring his abilities, notions, and senses was enough. But on others, he had to erect the strongest mental blocks he could muster.

About halfway through the night, the doctor left the sickbay, and the guards were replaced with new ones. Eros finally decided to rest. He was exhausted.

It has to be the trauma. he thought silently.

Eros reviewed everything that had happened. He thought about the technical differences of the MS he was used to, and those of the MS used by these people.

The most puzzling question to Eros was the differences in his own, and these peoples' view of time.

AC 202 he thought. UC is Universal Century, so what could AC mean?

His thoughts eventually wondered back to the events leading up to his arrival and containment. He remembered his pleas to God, and God's comforting, and confusing replies.

The explosion! he suddenly realized.

He tried to remember everything he knew about Nuclear Physics, and Minovsky Particles. Then he thought about science journals, and Sci-Fi novels he had read.

The ones that always interested him the most were the ones about time travel.

Slowly, slowly Eros drifted into the comforting abyss of sleep.......

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 18 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!