Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Outlive Outdead kickstarter

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Outlive Outdead kickstarter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wjmacguffin on Thu May 10, 2012 11:14 am

Hi folks,

As you know, the zombie apocalypse can happen at any moment. That's why I developed a new survival training tool called Outlive Outdead. Under the guise of a roleplaying game, this project will teach people how to survive when the undead attack.

But we need your help! This "game" is being released as a Kickstarter campaign and we need more people to help bring this valuable training tool to print! By supporting this project, you might save a human life!

Why use a roleplaying game to teach zombie survival skills? First, rpgs are a great way to teach people. Second, I've written for PARANOIA XP, The Laundry, and Triune, so I know how to design a rpg. I decided to use my meager skills to help humanity survive when the hungry dead rise up.

Here are some of the features of the training tool:

• If your human character gets eaten by zombies, you get to play zombies and try to eat the other players' characters! As far as I can tell, no other rpg offers that! It's also useful to teach people how zombies act so we can better avoid and defeat them.
  • The rules reward helping other players as well as betraying them. Sadly, fellow humans are sometimes the biggest threat.
  • Many types of zombies and infections are supported. Plus, players don't always know how new zombies are made or how to truly kill them at the start of the game.
  • The rules are simple and fast so everyone can play and learn survival strategies.
  • There's an optional scoring rule to see who wins, turning up the competition. Yes, you can actually win at this rpg! This makes the training more vivid and important for some players.

Our Kickstarter is offering some unique rewards too. Most popular has been the Zombie Actor reward where you send us a pic of yourself and we'll zombify you and place you in your print copy of the game. You can also customize the adventure included with the game book so your friends, family, and hometown are in the book.

Right now we're a little more than half-way but we need your support! Please help us in any way you can so this great training tool reaches people before the zombies. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks, and remember: The zombie apocalypse is closer than you think!
Last edited by Jag on Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed links to off-site material

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wjmacguffin
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!