Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Onimusha: Owarimonogatari

Owarimonogatari: Relationship Thread

a part of “Onimusha: Owarimonogatari”, a fictional universe by Mihael.

[ Closed ]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Onimusha: Owarimonogatari”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Owarimonogatari: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mihael on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:35 am

"I was raised mainly by my uncle, and his family. They are now my family, and as such, I will protect them with everything that I am. I know I am not strong, and I know I can't always be there, but I will do everything I can to make it so that they never have to suffer...that is my promise."

• Tatsuo Fujita - ヅ/☹ - "My cousin is an idiot, but I guess I hold some sort of affection for him. Just...don't believe everything he says. It's not true."
    Asuka grew up, mainly, with Tatsuo. She was raised by Yujin and Naomi, and as a result, she has grown to have a love-hate relationship with her cousin, Tatsuo. She loves him about as much as she can for a cousin, but he gets on her nerves so much so, that she has actually almost lost herself to her Oni side. She gets along with him on most days, but half of the time he is trying to find new ways to grate her nerves. She isn't exactly known for her patience, and it is already well known that she and Tatsuo do not get along per se, but they do get along as far as it goes for family. They act much more like brother and sister than they do cousins, and there are times where she has questioned who he took after most. So far, she says that he took after Aunt Mimi more-so than her Uncle Yujin. She would only be about half right.

• Mayumi Yoshida - ヅ - "She's...quiet. I worry about her sometimes and I know it's not easy being who she is. Tai's crush on her is a little...endearing, though. I do feel bad for her."
    Asuka loves Mayumi as much as she possibly can as a cousin. She isn't quite as blind as her other cousins to not notice the subtle tendencies Mayumi gives off to know there is something wrong, however; she isn't so much of an ass to poke and prod the girl for answers. If Mayumi wishes to talk, she'll talk. In the mean time, Asuka will give her the space she seems to want and need. It isn't her place to put her nose where it doesn't belong, however; she also wants Mayumi to know that she can talk to her should she desire to, even if it's just being in her listening to what the other Hanyou girl has to say. She worries the most about Mayumi.

• Sora Kurayami - ☯/? - "What do you want me to say? The only thing I know about him is that he is my betrothed's brother, and that he was raised by my aunt, Naomi. I do not know him..."
    The only thing Asuka knows about Sora is the fact that her aunt, Naomi, raised him for the first few years of his life. She also knows that he is the brother to the one she was promised to, though her family knows nothing of the arrangement, and that he is as deadly as they come. She actually feels sorry for him. She doesn't pity him per se, just that she believes he could have been a different person had he not had to have been raised the way he had been. It is no secret that the current Oyabun, Nobunaga, isn't exactly father material, and has raised his sons to be killers. All she knows now is that she is better off avoiding him lest he try and take her to Chitose. That is an arrangement she is trying to avoid, however; the one thing she is certain of, is that her future is looking bleak with each passing day... and somehow he is responsible for it.

• Yukari Mori - ヅ - "She's much too like her father and mother, though I suppose that can be a good thing."
    Asuka is in fact, a bit envious of Yukari. Her innocence and naivety are things Asuka was never afforded when she was younger, and to some extent, she envies that. She isn't so envious that it makes her resentful of Yukari, but it does make her want to keep the other Hanyou girl safe from the world alongside her cousins. She is innocent, much like Mayu, and they are the only two Asuka would do anything for to preserve that which she was never able to have. She gets along with Yukari and often lets the girl braid her hair, or just mess with it in general. The two of them together, though, often provides a hilarious sight. Yukari, because she is short (not as short as Mayu though) often hitches rides on Asuka's back, not that Asuka minds of course.

• Raiden Yoshida - ヅ/☯ - "He and I do not always get along, but he's still part of my family. We just butt heads from time to time."
    When Asuka first met Raiden, the two of them often butted heads, often arguing and got along about as well as an Oni often takes a human for a mate. That is to say rarely. She was already a teenager when she met her small family, however; she does hold a bit of respect for him, considering all he's been through. Not very many Hanyou can say they have experienced such states before and survived to tell the tale. She loves him about as much as she can as a cousin, and hopes he can become strong enough to control his Oni side. She knows it's not an easy road, especially since he is more human than he is Oni, but she isn't going to interfere with how he chooses to do things. She has made it clear on more than one occasion that she is there for him should he need someone other than his family.

Last edited by Mihael on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mihael
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Giver

Re: Owarimonogatari: Relationship Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mihael on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:37 am

"There is a saying that bonds are for the weak, that the only purpose a bond serves it to drag someone down. I do not believe that is true. You see, bonds are what make us strong, and make us strive to become stronger so that we may be able to protect those we love. I would do anything for my family, though they don't really need to know that."

• Mayumi Yoshida - ❤❤ - "She is innocence personified. I will do everything I can to protect that innocence, even from myself. But that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun while I do."
    There is no denying the fact that Tatsuo harbors feelings for Mayumi. He isn't quite sure when they happened, or even why considering he could have his choice of just about anyone, however; there is something about her that draws him to her. He isn't sure if it's the innocent air that seems to hang around her, or how he seems to be so calm in her presence. It's as if her very nature is capable of commanding him to be docile, and in away, he is grateful for that. He doesn't seem so inclined to his Oni side when she is near, and his parents take no end of pleasure in teasing him about it. He knows she doesn't seem him the way he sees her, and he has accepted that facet of their relationship. As long as he can keep her safe, he doesn't care how she sees him. He loves her, he knows that, he's just afraid of tainting her.

• Sora Kurayami - ☯ - "That guy? Mom spoke of him fondly, and a bit regretfully. I suppose, in a way, he might have been my brother, but I do not know what has become of him."
    His mother often spoke of a child, or rather children, that she had raised when she was in Nobunaga's captivity. Sora was not her child, but she had raised him nonetheless as such. He would have considered Sora a brother, honestly, however; it is apparent that he is a far different man than the one his mother described. He isn't sure, really, how to perceive it. On one hand, he was once his mother's child, a friend and a son to her. And on the other, he is an enemy who is trying to destroy what little family he has left. He isn't too sure if he would consider him a friend or not, and knows that not everyone has the same opinion on the matter. Still, Sora would have a place in the family again if his mother desired it, and he would bear no ill-will to the Hanyou. Perhaps that makes him a fool?

• Yukari Mori - ヅ/❤ - "Yuka-chan is adorable. She's the light and sunshine to our dull lives, given that she's also a lot like Aunt Yuzuki. But I suppose it could do Den a bit of good in his life...oh I know things."
    Yukari is like a little sister to Tatsuo, and he is extremely protective of her. He is more protective of her than he is of anyone else because she is a liability, in a sense. She doesn't see the world for what it truly is, and it is that naivete that will eventually get her killed. She sees the world as something to embrace, and it would be all fine if it were like that, however; Tatsuo knows differently and he tries his hardest to keep her safe. Regardless, he is aware of the small tendencies she has when she looks at Raiden, and notices the way she plays with her hair or fidgets. He knows what she doesn't, quite yet, but he does and says nothing.

• Asuka Fujiwara - ヅ/❤ - "She is my blood cousin and she hates me...I know she does. Perhaps not in a bad way of course, but it is fun to tease her. Still, she is family and I love her just as much."
    If there was one person in the world Tatsuo enjoys teasing the most, he would choose Asuka. She gets flustered fairly easily and he loves poking fun at her. They are, by blood, actual cousins and it is through that bond that Asuka barely tolerates him, and he knows it. She would never harm her family intentionally, and Tatsuo takes every advantage he can of it. He does, however, know when not to pester her and has been a little more attentive to her as of late. He doesn't know what secret she harbors, but it is easy to tell that it bothers her greatly. She even told him that she would have to leave soon, and it is something he is at odds with himself. He isn't sure if he should tell his father of it, or whether or not to leave it be. They are all adults now, she should be able to make her own decisions, however; Tatsuo will admit, it actually frightens him to have even one of his family members missing..

• Raiden Yoshida - ヅ - "He has issues, and I feel a little bad for the guy. He's really a good guy, he just needs a bit of help, though I am not sure any of us can give it to him...well, there might be one."
    Raiden and Tatsuo get along about as well as they can. He teases him as often as he teases the rest of his family, and enjoys doing it more often than most of the others. He knows Raiden is on a short fuse and doesn't take it further than what is necessary, however; he hopes that one day Raiden will see that family is important, and holding them at arms length will only hurt himself in the end. He doesn't want that for him, but he can only say and do so much. He also believes that there is one person who could help him, and it isn't his sister. He won't say, but he does believe it's a good thing, for the both of them. If he didn't have his own problems, he wouldn't mind playing the matchmaker of the family..

Last edited by Mihael on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mihael
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mihael on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:40 am

Mihael
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethyia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 am

They’re the best people I know. It’s why I really should stay away. Would, if I were a stronger person.

• Tatsuo Fujita - ヅ - "Tatsuo’s my cousin. At least, in the way that counts. He seems frivolous at first pass, and I would not blame someone for assuming that’s all there is to him. Fortunately, it is not."
    Raiden as a rule keeps himself fairly distanced from the members of his extended “family,” with very few exceptions. His coldness in this sense is obviously at odds with Tatsuo’s more gregarious nature, and from a distance, the two would seem to be polar opposites. It’s in fact true that Raiden is occasionally annoyed by Tatsuo’s seeming fascination with acting like a frivolous idiot, though he knows it’s only a front. Nevertheless, there are some things that they have deeply in common, and their innate protectiveness is one of those things. Raiden knows that if he ever needed to leave his sister or one of his cousin’s in Tatsuo’s care, they would be well-looked-after, and for that he is especially grateful, considering the trouble their family can often find themselves in.

• Mayumi Yoshida - ヅ/❤ - "It is impossible to explain her to anyone who does not already understand."
    The state of being a twin to someone is unique in the world, and very difficult to put into words. Though it is an entirely familial, platonic bond, Raiden has difficulty imagining any that could be stronger. Mayumi understands him without the need to say anything at all, even when they are not sharing their thoughts via her telepathy. She knows when he needs to be alone, and when he needs company, better than he does himself. And he understands all of the things that she cannot say, even past the barrier that is her shy demeanor. Still, he cannot shake the feeling that there is something important that she keeps from him, and it concerns him deeply.

• Sora Kurayami - ☹ - "Apparently he was a different person, once. I am only concerned with what he is now. And that is a threat to the people I care about."
    The oyabun’s dog is someone that only concerns Raiden insofar as he continues to prove a thorn in their side. He will admit that the man is stronger than Raiden himself could ever hope to be, transformation or no, and to an extent, that rankles. But this is only because it means that he knows, whether he wants to or not, that Sora could quite likely wipe out everything and everyone he cares about—and that knowledge is the most frightening of all, for someone who has dedicated himself to protecting those same people.

• Yukari Mori - ヅ/? - "Yukari is… much like her parents."
    Which is to say, extremely naïve, and sometimes, he isn’t sure whether he resents her for that or desperately wants to keep things that way. Perhaps it is both, in the end. Raiden has never been allowed to be that innocent, because from a young age, he was holding back an unusually-ferocious oni side, and it took a serious toll on him. But he finds Yukari interesting, in a way he only half-understands. He can’t seem to avoid watching her when they’re together, as the way she interacts with the world is nothing at all like he knows. He keeps himself as distant from her as he does from everyone not his sister or his parents, but all the same…

• Asuka Fujiwara - ヅ/☯ - "Her presence will eventually mean trouble for us, that much I can tell. But even I am not so cruel as to blame her for it."
    Asuka is the most recent addition to the family, in the sense that she was already a teenager when she showed up. Apparently, she is the daughter of his uncle Yujin’s sister Asami and his aunt Yuzuki’s former teacher, Hiroto. Whatever the case, though Raiden was slow to accept her, he has definitely done so, and actually related to her a little better than he relates to, say, Yukari or Tatsuo. Their personalities are somewhat more similar, in some ways. Now that she is in the circle of people he considers himself obliged to look after, she will always remain there. That’s just the way Raiden is.
Last edited by Aethyia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aethyia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethyia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:10 am

Sometimes, the strength of those we love is the only strength we have.

• Tatsuo Fujita - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."
    Insert Thoughts and Feelings.

• Sora Kurayami - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Yukari Mori - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Asuka Fujiwara - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Raiden Yoshida - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."
Last edited by Aethyia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aethyia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethyia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:13 am

I do not know what it means when other people speak of ties. I have had only two. One severed and the other… I can feel it breaking.

• Tatsuo Fujita - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Mayumi Yoshida - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Yukari Mori - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Asuka Fujiwara - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

• Raiden Yoshida - ヅ/❤/☯/☹ - "Quote."

Aethyia
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!