Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

a part of “Pantheon: Whims of the Gods”, a fictional universe by Lord Valerian.

Join forces with the gods and heroes of Etheria to defend the fragile world from evil or thrust it into darkness. How will you reign over your people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pantheon: Whims of the Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am

If you absolutely require that to separate which characters you're talking about, you need to work on your transitions, not interrupt your posts with nonsense.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 am

May, I want you to dig down deep, find your maturity and get over it. It takes you .3 seconds to move your eyes the two inches below the picture and keep reading. The GM has given his support for said 'nonsense', so I will not be changing it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Taunbon
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Valerian on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm going on vacation so I won't be able to post as frequently as usual. I'll still try to be prudent. I apologize ahead of time if I'll mostly only be able to post late at night.

Lord Valerian
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Updated Ulm's profile with brand-spanking character art made by yours truly. Trying to find out the middle ground between male and female physique created just enough of a freakish body structure for a titan that rivals the clouds.

That and i've been watching JoJo's bizarre adventure lately.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:51 pm

So Klethi is going to send a regular elf without any magical items of power. She meant what she said about believing in his ability to succeed by guile. Plus he's lucky (or, at least, has special attention from Lady Luck).

What other mortals are being sent? Because I'm picturing a bunch of superpowered fantasy heroes in fancy armor with flaming swords and whatnot being accompanied by a regular joe.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Karvana will probably send a mortal champion, someone I will quickly write up when it is needed unless, for some reason, it was demanded that she send something bigger, but it shouldn't be needed given how most of the people in the group are normal.

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 am

I'm gonna take this moment to say that if the platypus becomes a deus ex machina later in the story, i'm going to call this story worse than the apartheid.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Hyll is just jealous.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Here are some crude sketches I've made to try to apply a face (or mostly lack thereof) to Hazarmaveth.

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=61d38f4

Attempt at a slightly more human-like with a forming arm:
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=dbe5f1b

Old concept from a few months back:
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=cd29a9f

Abstractions, grumble-grumble.

Will be doing the same with Borne.

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=5bb7902

There. Hate the clothed doodle, drew the clothes instead of establishing build first, not a big drawer type so... yeah. But kinda like the one showing how he looks without the mask and such, just wanted him to look more like a buff beggar... with a hint of monster... yeah.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:59 am

I'd advise Mr. Sol to make a post, otherwise i am unable to drive anything onwards.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 am

Sorry for my recent post's length. Kind of went a bit extensive with the introduction and building.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with!

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Sol on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 am

I'm sorry for not getting a post up recently. I will do my best to get a few up in the next two days.
“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.”
― Elvis Presley

Mr.Sol
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Yeah Mr. Sol why are you ruining things for everyone?!

No you're fine take your time and all that. But Klethi can't leave until she gets Ulm's response and I don't have much to post for Fenris until then

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:44 pm

You make wild assumptions on "getting a response."

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:53 pm

@Hyl: Hahaha, :D Walking away without answering sounds like something he would do. Trying to become the God of the Strong Silent Types?

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Regardless of whether Ulm is an asshole or not, Klethi is trying to stir the pot so she can't leave until she's got a response (or lack of one).

Walking away does mean she's less likely to tip fate in his favor, though.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:19 am

More like the God of giant hubris.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:10 am

Yes. She's extremely full of herself.

She's also the decider of when, why, and how people die. And it isn't even a conscious decision for her.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Valerian on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm

I'm loving this roleplay and the way it is unfolding and can't wait to see how te heroes do on their quest. I'm tossing around the idea of creating another separate shorter survival roleplay in which the characters are gladiators who have been enslaved from across the multiverse by a semi-omnipotent alien race. It's character would be forced to try to survive numerous obstacles ranging from monsters to hunger game esque survival courses. It will go on until there is only one surviving character. It's just a concept I though of and would love to have some feedback. Would anyone be interested? Would it even work? Should mutant death platapi be an obstacle? Etcetera.

Lord Valerian
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:58 pm

The correct plural is platipode. (Like octipode)

I personally shy away from RPs like that as it is inevitable that the player characters will be fighting each other, and that obviously means a writer is getting knocked out of the RP. I don't like to do that to people but I also don't let my characters die out of pity.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!