Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

a part of “Pantheon: Whims of the Gods”, a fictional universe by Lord Valerian.

Join forces with the gods and heroes of Etheria to defend the fragile world from evil or thrust it into darkness. How will you reign over your people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pantheon: Whims of the Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Pantheon: Whims of the Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 am

That is probably one of my favorite posts I've ever written. I was going to make Fenris the weird silent type (which he still might be) but I'm not a dedicated enough writer to give up that opportunity.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Wow. It is... a masterpiece of self destruction. Poor Borne feels a bit upstaged, planning so long to make his inglorious entrance only to have that dream crushed by an elf, his sworn nemeses! And even more infuriating is that he's so pathetic that he can't even hate him for it! Well played, Fenris, well played... a deserved one-handed air clap for you.
Honor and arrogance are two sides of the same coin. We don't need standards like "honor," we just need mutual respect, and to do right by ourselves, as well as others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Sol on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey all, So sorry for the decreased speed of posting on my part, but Band Camp is taking its toll on me. xD I am usually so tired by the time I get home its all I can do to get in the shower. I'll be able to get back into my groove this weekend definitely though, But once again, mine apologies
“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.”
― Elvis Presley

Mr.Sol
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Thank you, marvin

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 pm

It is alright Sol. :D You can be like me waiting for a time move since I have very little to do at the moment (she would have zero reason to send a champion to sit around in his realm for a week, she wouldn't tell said champion until the last minute anyways).

Taunbon
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:00 am

<3 <3 <3 <3

Mercutio the Platypus
Companion to Fenris the Playwright

Speaking of which, I finally made Fenris into a proper character. I even made my own picture for him! Unfortunately I'm not the artist the rest of you; I made it the only way I knew how. I apologize for it being an anime version of Elijah Woods.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:00 am

Christ, that post was a slog. Oh well, at least you get to meet your personal Santana.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Made a golem? Interesting.

Thought the adamant thing was interesting. It can't be broken, yet, obviously, it can be melted and smelted into other items... so... would the bane of Adamant users just be... dragons? On that note, how would one bind a god of fire? Could he not simply melt the adamant chains? (Although, having molten adamant on you would have to suck when it solidified), unless the chains are somehow enchanted to contain a God's power... but... if you could do that, wouldn't any metal do since a deity without their power is nothing at all? Unless Adamant has some kind of nature that allows it to 'absorb' more magic and thus only Adamant can hold wards strong enough to contain a deities's power without shattering?

Meh, probably just overthinking it.

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:57 pm

I'd assume fire isn't the only thing required, you'd also need some serious skills in metallurgy, which is in the sphere of Ulm, conveniently.

Any other metal simply wouldn't be strong enough to contain a god, adamant being imbued with magic shit to the point it physically constricts and wounds what we view as gods. The primordial gods were chained in the underworld away from their sphere of influence so that they can shout banter at each other forever.

That and the fact that the primordial ones are exclusively physical in nature unlike these new cool kids who exist primarily in the aetherium.

That said, theoretically you could probably "break" the chains by molding them open or something.

Would be a real pickle if Ulm ended up in the underworld again.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:58 pm

Metallurgy wouldn't factor it in. A person's ability to work metal or understand it has no bearings on the melting point of steel. It isn't like the metal looks at someone then judges if they truly understand how to work it then decreases or raises its melting point accordingly. Now, shaping something out of it would require some skill in Metallurgy, but melting it? Not really, just cranking up the heat on it till it melts.

It isn't about breaking it, I already mentioned breaking it not being something they would be able to do, but what is stopping them from melting it? Or is that just something that never came up due to a lack of a fire deity? Or, as I mentioned before, Adamant can 'hold' more magic thus letting it resist such things when the proper spells and 'runes' have been carved in.

But the ones bound weren't the original primordial ones but the bestial gods that came later (which are the same 'species' as the new cool kids), and they were able to be bound just find.

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:27 pm

Traditionally in fantasy works adamant is able to pierce/break adamant (it is its own competitor) like diamond in the real world. As far as someone's "metallurgy" skills go, I don't think in the traditional sense it would do anything, but metallurgy on the divine scale would be necessary for binding a god.
But that's a question for the GM to answer.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Valerian on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 pm

Wow I never actually thought about the nature of adamant in the role play. For the sake of workability I kind of viewed it as an innately magical metal whose primary nature is to resist change. It's kind of like the krptonite of our gods because they are the embodiment of change and it is the one universal constant that they can't alter. Valar could have changed it if she wanted but the current gods being created themselves after it's nature was already established are bound by its rules. It can have its form altered by a skilled craftsman like Ulm or a craftsman god we don't have but it's nature can't be altered and if it has been forged for a purpose Nymeria's swords = killing and the bestial gods chains = imprisonment it could only have it's purpose changed when the one responsible for giving it the task decides it no longer needs it. I made most of this up on the spot but it's kind of how it works.

Lord Valerian
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 pm

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:Traditionally in fantasy works adamant is able to pierce/break adamant (it is its own competitor) like diamond in the real world.

Ah geez, now everybody knows! D= But yeah, was going to say it is one of those instances where the phrase "using fire against fire" is actually a good thing.

But yeah, is how I view it as well.

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Streamwatcher Person of Interest Bug Hunter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 pm

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:Traditionally in fantasy works adamant is able to pierce/break adamant (it is its own competitor) like diamond in the real world. As far as someone's "metallurgy" skills go, I don't think in the traditional sense it would do anything, but metallurgy on the divine scale would be necessary for binding a god.
But that's a question for the GM to answer.

Actually, funny enough, Diamonds aren't all that hard to break. Scratching them is extraordinarily hard but breaking them isn't. They crack and chip all the time because of how brittle they are, you can shatter them with a hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNtWuIpa2k

The more you know, right. XD

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:25 am

Hmmmmm... well, yes, there's that. But now what? Going to kick it forward soonish since most of the goon squad is together already?

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 am

I am waiting for a time skip, or until time has passed on. Doesn't bother me either way, patience is a virtue and what not. IIRC, they were supposed to meet up a week or so later, but everyone seems to have sent their 'champions' to his realm rather... early... Karvana won't be sending her champion (hasn't even informed them) until the last second.

Taunbon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartinVole on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:54 am

But as a not-so-famous-psychokinetic-once-skeleton-now-disembodied-skull once said

"It is the waiting that is difficult." -The Lost Skeleton Returns Again, 2009

But in seriousness, the stage is pretty well set between the near-indestructible adamant skinned guardian of the almighty Ulm and the group of misadventurers, sans one who will be fashionably late. Sally forth towards great adventure and all that rot!

MartinVole
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyllymbvyör on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:45 am

Due to complications i did nerf him to not be covered in adamant, since that would be tricky, though i originally wanted him to be only defeated through a test of wits.

Still, he's a warrior made out of living steel, you're gonna have a hard time killing him through conventional means. Ulm is pretty great at abusing loopholes when it comes to curses and blessings by creating an immortal construct, not necessarily a living and thinking being. Take that, curses.

Usually it's good to lay down the rules for your rare-but-still-available -ium. Also by metallurgy i meant divine control over metal, not tangible knowledge of them, if it wasn't clear. Probably wasn't.

Hyllymbvyör
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby funsunfish on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:31 am

You guys have no idea how hard it is to find a decent picture of a platypus that I can use. I'm terrible at drawing, and my computer skills? Maybe a 6.5 on a scale of one to ten. I was tempted to leave Mercutio with no pic, but I think it was a bit frustrating to always have the same old "No image" thing. I finally found something from a painting, (Platypus painting; The hobby of the 21st century,) Which sorta works but if anyone has a better pic let me know! No pressure, because the one I have now works, I just think it could be better.

funsunfish
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Valerian on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:40 am

After a joking reference to training montages would anyone be aposed to me issuing a time jump of a week for the quest to be underway.

Lord Valerian
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!