Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:10 am

Hello and thanks for taking a peek into the thread! As the title suggested, I am in search of a few on on ones to pass the time. Before I go into ideas, I'll talk about myself and my commitments and kind of what I expect from a partner as well so that we are all on the same page.

So first off, the name's FaddedFox, but you can cal me Fadded, Fox, or whatever other nickname crops up as long as it is appropriate. I work full-time, go to grad school part-time, and have a really young puppy lol. This is why I'd rather do one on ones instead of a full blown rp where I'd get swamped with a ton of posts that I'd have to catch up on. So as a warning, the amount of times I can post within a day or within a week varies depending on these commitments and whether or not I am worn out. Generally speaking, I can at the very least post once a week. I understand life can be hectic so I understand if you can't post every day either. If you do have to take extended time away, please let me know, or if you don't have a chance to tell me, when you do come back, shoot me a message. Again, I understand life happens. More often than not, I would be happy to pick up our role-play again or start something new if neither one of us is interested in the old one anymore. Just communicate :) I am totally cool with doing the rp via private message or on the forums template thing, or just the simple thread. I noticed things have changed a bit lately so forgive me if I am a little slow on the uptake. I am pretty chill so I am more than happy to discuss new ideas, talk between posts, and if you aren't having fun, just let me know and we'll do something else.

More topic based, I pretty much do anything. My favorite genres are usually fantasy, science fiction, slice of life. If you have an idea, shoot it by me and I am more than happy to look over it and see if it something I am interested in too. I am not a huuugee fan of cowboy things, super heroes, and high school life stuff, but if you have a good plot, again you can just let me know and I'll see if it something that catches my eye. I am pretty open. I do like (well placed) romance in stories and generally play male-male or male-female relationships but don't mind trying other things. I also love character driven plot and tend to do dark themes or add a lot of drama etc into character lives because what is a story without a bit or trauma thrown in? I play male and female characters and don't mind doubling on characters. Tends to be more fun when we have more interactions going on. I consider myself a literate player and work on improving my descriptions and story telling so my posts can be long, but it also depends on the scene and how much you give me to work with.

I think that is pretty much it... I don't have any ideas throwing themselves at me at the moment but I am also sleepy hehe. I'll come up with some outlines or something when I am more awake, but in the meantime go ahead and post your interest here or shoot me a message and we can discuss what we want to do. :) Hope to hear from you guys soon! And Happy New years!
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: 1x1 Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AryanGwynD on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello FaddedFox how are you doing? happy holidays by the way!

I´m very interested in what you described if only that I would prefer 3 people instead of a 1X1 because I also have a cramped exchedule and I believe it helps with reactive writing, consistency and chemistry, with that said I´m not against trying a short 1x1 between us to see if we match our writing styles or interest. I´m currently on licence from work and have been looking for a long running dark and serious RP since the last campaign I was involved ended, which brought me here.

There are a few things I think you should know first, for clarity sake:

1) English is not my native language
2) I´m a new addition to this site although I have a "good" knowledge of the bbcode
3) When I go back to work my time to write is going to be scarce and is going to be difficult to post more than 2 times a week
4) I understand completely if you would prefer someone with more time, characters, posts etc... or if you would like a writing sample to see.

With that said I used to be a GM/DM and even if I´m not interested in continuing to be one I´m more than happy to help create a campaign, RP or story and help in any way I can. I usually enjoy playing very varied themes and as long as the story has motion and there is chemistry among it´s writers I can play anything, on a side note I should mention that themes like high school, overly realistic, and just romance for the sake of romance are a real challenge for me to synchronize well with.

If you like we can talk more through PM or here or wherever and see if something clicks, besides that I leave you with a sample that I mentioned in another wanted partner post, it contains some ideas I usually use as a quick catalyst for kicking a story into motion.

The 3 plot machines I have:

The small red symbol: basically just a big secret that appears every time disturbing things happen and it acts as a increaser of everything. (really vague explanation but basically think of it like a dark seal that buffs/alters tremendously everything it is placed upon...)

Roxane: Time traveling/multidimensional person? that makes shenanigans (not the happy kind) happen to the characters.

Dr. Kallr: really bored mad scientist/alchemist that creates creatures and plagues among other things, you know for the children...

If any of this calls your attention or you just want to throw ideas at eachother then let´s and again happy holidays and good luck writing

P.S: Sorry for being all over the place I´m expecting guests and writing this while cooking

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AryanGwynD
Member for 4 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Re: 1x1 Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Happy Holidays Aryan! I will send you a pm! Once we settle on an idea, we could mention it here as well to see if anyone else would be interested as well. I am at work so my pm might be a tad delayed.

Also, still looking for more players. :)

FaddedFox
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilah on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello~

I'd be very interested in doing a 1x1 with you! I don't have much to do as of late, i'm only in school part-time, so my time is very open. I'm fine with however much you want to post and don't mind if we need to take a break, etc. I do prefer doubling op on characters (sometimes taking as much as three each-- depending on the plot and if you're comfortable) simply because I find it difficult to write a story with just two characters involved. I'm also super interested in fantasy/dark/slice-of-life plots.

I'm fine with coding and actually writing up the roleplay, posting it as well.

I don't have many fully formed ideas right now, but I'm totally up to plotting stuff. I always have some semblance of basic ideas in my head.

One plot I do have created that just never ended up happening may be of some interest? I'll link it down below. It's totally open for changing too, I just liked the idea simply because of the whole person-in-a-strange-world aspect of it.

roleplay/solastalgia

Anyways, just let me know what ya think! ^.^
“It all ends in tears anyway.”
Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

Lilah
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 pm

Thanks for your interest Lilah! I am at work so I'll check out the link when I get home in about an hour and send you a pm!

I am now closing this thread for now. I don't think I can handle any more rps at the moment. If I can, I'll reopen this thread! Thanks for reading, everyone!

FaddedFox
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!