Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Partner search (The re-redo)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Partner search (The re-redo)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Well, since my rp graveyard is full (insert dirge here). It appears it's time to go trolling for new partners again.

A few things about writing with me:

I'm not a grammar Nazi and if you are, I am not the partner for you.
I will do my best to keep posts readable via punctuation and the like but if you're going to get hung up on every comma's placement, I'm going to lose interest quick. (Not a pleasant fact but honest.)
I'm also not a stickler for spelling but please put a little effort into it (I'll thank you ahead of time from the bottom of my headache for that.).

I prefer a realistic setting. (Though I have been known to do light sci fi and fantasy. Sending me a message with an idea is the only way to know whether I'll do it or not.)
I prefer to rp via the PM system. (I'm too lazy to keep up with anything else.)
I've got no problem collaborating, doing things on the fly is fine too but the more I have to wing it, the harder it's likely to be for both of us.)
I love character development, I also dearly love flawed characters.
I've got no problem with npcs and I do double up (usually more), using them as often as possible.
Please, if I send you my best multi-paragraph post don't reply with a one-liner. By the same token I don't always expect you to be at the top of your game either. I know I'm not always there head wise.
Text speaking in a reply is also a good way to see my head melt. (The mushroom cloud from this will not be pretty.)

Things I won't tolerate:

No high school anything! I hated being there when I was there.
No college anything! That's not to say college wasn't a better time for me but still, just no.
Rp that is romance only will also only result in my getting sleepy or bored. (These are never good conditions.)
If you're going to be gone whether that's for a little while, a long while, bored to death, let me know something.
(Tell me straight, I'm not an ogre when it comes to honesty.)
No smut! If the scene calls for heavy petting with a chance of partially scattered clothing, so be it, but we fade to black and that is that.
I don't really care to rp anything but OC's. (It's a weird me thing.)

Miscellaneous side note time:
I don't do face claims (most of the time). I usually prefer to describe them and you work it out on your own.
If you want to do that, go for it. I'm good with that.
Character sheets aren't a big deal for me but it will be easier if our characters are first meeting for them to be there.
(I really don't care about this though, that's on you.)
Please talk, we don't need to be the best of friends and I'm not out to learn your deepest, darkest secret.
At the same time though a little communication helps and is always appreciated.

Now to the good stuff, depending on how you want to view it.
I'd love to do an rp out of the wild west. (Did a steampunk rp in that theme once.)
Mobsters from any era.
I've got an OMG (outlaw motorcycle gang) I've been trying to get played through too.
I'll do the whole law enforcement angle too (Note: I'd prefer this to be a modern setting, otherwise I've really got to fake it.)
(The law enforcement angle also covers bounty hunters.)
Military rp is fine.

I've usually got ideas floating around in my head about these but none of those are written in stone, so I'd hate to put them out there and put someone off.
So, barring all other reason and logic, send me a PM, please don't respond here, I hardly check this thing.
Oh, if you happen to have an idea, no matter how nuts you might think it is, run it by me.
The chances are, I'll try to help you write around it.
Thus endeth another partner search... description type thing (insert overly triumphant music here).
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'll make your headache
I'll make you fall to the floor
Me and the Devil in your mind want to settle score
I'll make your heart break
You know I do what I please
Like a bullet in a gun I just give it a squeeze

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Partner search (The re-redo)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Bumped because my rp's have died. Hooray for necroposting!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Partner search (The re-redo)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Wow! Another bump!

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!