Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Partners or Groups Wanted

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Partners or Groups Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby J.D. on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:27 am

I'm not exactly sure how to word this really, I'm here for a pretty obvious reason and its stated in the title. I suppose I could start with an introduction - my names J.D.

I'm not young, but I'm not old. My interests range wildly but I'm looking for more dark themes to pass by time, violence, adult situations, so on and so forth. Anything that can let me be crazily inappropriate while staying within the bounds of a predefined universe. Typically I play male characters, by I've been known to take up females every once in a while just for the hell of it. My characters are typically the normal on the outside screwed in the head types, but that highly depends on the role play. One thing to note however is that with females I typically play as a homosexual character, so if you get offended by that sort of thing then...probably don't bother.

I've been writing since long before I began role playing, and that was at a young age so my experience is pretty broad. I like to write up to and over a thousand words but I understand that quite a few role plays here don't really go over five or so paragraphs - and that's fine too, I'm willing to do a match for match given there's something to work with and someone willing to help carry the plot line with me.

I like to stay in touch with my partners, because plotting alone is No Bueno, there should always be a line of contact where we can just throw ideas at each other. Winging it is sometimes fun, but for the most part so is having a basic idea of events. I'm really looking for someone who can put up with me I guess? I'm very weird, and to be honest some of the stuff I say and do is extremely off the wall. I'm a nice person though so its not like I'm mean or anything, just super, super weird when I get to really know someone I guess. (Why does this suddenly sound like a dating advert?)

So anyway besides the dark GROUP themes there are a few 1x1 and 1x1x1 types I'd really like to get into, based on certain fandom(s)

(but honestly pitch me any different idea and I'll probably be up for it anyway. )

Fandoms
The Walking Dead - hella cliche, but I'd like to potentially have two or three people all playing various members of a surviving group. Basically we'd all be controlling who lives, who dies, what happens etc. etc. Like I said, pretty basic. I'd also be willing to do something within the game universe too but probably wouldn't want to include any TV compliant characters.

Life Is Strange - so this is basically my way of saying I want major time travel angst? Honestly I have no idea for this, but I mean we could literally do ANYTHING. Hell I'd be happy playing CANON characters if I meant I got to do something with this universe.

Welcome To Night Vale - I'm not sure if anyone here is even into Night Vale but I like the idea of finding someone who is as strange as me who'd want to pull of some sort of 1x1 in this universe. Again, I have no big ideas for it myself but absolutely anything would work. I mean, it IS Night Vale after all.

There are a lot more things I'm interested in though so feel free to approach me with any topic. I can't PM yet, but you can answer me below and once I can PM go from there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

J.D.
Member for 8 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Partners or Groups Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:29 am

Hi, I don't have an idea on my own but I do love dark themed role plays. I adore violence and gore most of my characters aren't that sane most of the time.

I can't say I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead, but I did love the Telltale game, but I'm a huge fan of zombies. And I've been trying to find a roleplay with such a story that fits my preferences. And even if I don't enjoy the TV series I do like the ideas they have and that universe. I don't have anything against killing off characters as long as they are replaced by other ones so people aren't left with no characters at all.

English is not my first language but I usually try to keep my posts 500+ words. But like everyone I can have writers block at times and bad days. But I can at times be extremely inspired and write over 1 000 or 2 000 words. It has happened before. And I usually try to adapt to the ones I write with. Other than that I'm an extremely loyal writing partner. I don't have time to sit and write a response every day but even if I have a hectic week I do try to get a reply done once a week. But even if I can be a bit slow when it comes to replying sometimes I never abandon a roleplay I've joined if there is still people that participate in it.
Look alive, Sunshine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Partners or Groups Wanted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:11 am

I'm always up for a good rp, and I like finding a literate partner to write with. I do have an interest check of my own if you are still looking for potential rp partners. Shoot me a pm if you're interested in perusing my interest thread to see if you think I'd be a compatible writing partner.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!