Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

hi peoples

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

hi peoples

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi, I'm new.

so what now? where do I start?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rowen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:09 pm

For a start have a look around at the various games going on in the forums, see if there is anything that you would like to join in on. Some RP's will require that you post a character profile for approval before you start.

Generally read around the place, you will soon get the hang of how things are done. And welcome to the wonderful world of RPGateway. If there is anything you want to know about just ask one of the moderators, or more or less anyone.

Grimbold

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:10 pm

Is that among the best things you can say? Sorry I don't have access to that document.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:15 pm

And now to introduce you to the resident artificial stupidity, you will soon learn to ignore his own brand of bizarre nonsense. He rarely says anything of great interest and often causes lots of confusion.

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:16 pm

why do i have to have my charcter approved? She varies with each roleplay.

Rowen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:19 pm

It depends on the way each rp is moderated some people want to see a character laid out before you start to play. The best thing to do is to look at some of the characters in the Profiles section under Characters in the forum to give you some idea of what I mean

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:21 pm

well i understand what you mean, i just dont see the point in doing so. it just seems to bland and not free.

Rowen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:25 pm

The idea is a starting point, not a character set in stone. It creates a back story, it doesn't mean that you have to behave in exactly the same way every time you post or rp in chat. You still have flexibility.

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:50 pm

And, not all games require that you have an approved profile. Just some of them.

Welcome to the site, Rowen! I'm sure you'll find yourself at home, and if you don't - talk to someone about it, they'll do their absolute best to fix it.

P.S.: Heartin' on your avatar. End Of The World flash FTW.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:49 am

Oh my god. Your avatar is rockin' mah life.

Welcome to RPGateway and all that jazz.

^_^

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:50 am

A lot of robots are like that.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:55 am

HAL wrote:A lot of robots are like that.

HAL, a lot of robots are about what?

Seriously, you are so nonsensical it astounds me more and more at every turn. When you come out with these random and idiotic sentiments I want to shoot myself in the head.

So, shhhh, mmmkay?

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:31 pm

lol. I think I'm gonna like this site!

Iknow, I love my avvy it rocks *hugs avvy*

Rowen
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:31 pm

I'm glad you find this amusing.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:16 am

Hello Rowen. How are you doing? I hope all is well with you. Have fun here. Its a fun place to meet new people in deed.

Esca Styles
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.