Pet Peeves. We All Have Them. Hehe.

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Pet Peeves. We All Have Them. Hehe.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrienaSkysong on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Alright. We all see the Title. We all know the drill. Tell us of your pet peeves, the things, tiny and small, that just annoy the heck out of you, to the things, huge and awesome... That make men wet their pants and ladies swoon in terror... You are not alone.
The Thunder you hear in a storm is the sound of a great stallion's hooves hitting the tops of the clouds. Listen closely, you can hear the hoof beats as he leaps and dances through the sky.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrienaSkysong
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Pet Peeves. We All Have Them. Hehe.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QuickDeath on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Any sort of texture that has small ripples, such as a CD case side, or a holographic card. I refuse to touch them, and if someone else rubs something against them, I experience a major headache and will often scream at them to stop. "It's like you're taking a power drill to my brain!" This is accurate, actually. Eventually I will become violent. I can hear the sounds the rubbing motion produces from across a tennis court, full crowd background noise included, and hearing it at all has the same affect as doing right next to me.

Large insects make my skin crawl. My mother once saw an injured monarch butterfly in the street, and she brought it into the car, I started screaming concerned she was going to have me hold it. I refused to touch it. Arachnids do not affect me, I will pick up a large scorpion on my own accord. The same goes for any species of bees.

Natural bodies of water scare me. Not so much the water, as the fear of leeches being inside them. I may still swim, but the fear of it will have me scared to death until the water is at least shoulder level.

People right behind me. When someone is behind me without me consciously knowing, My back will feel tingly, and then give a spasm. And it isn't me learning of their presence that causes the spasm, it's the spasm alerting me to their presence. It's not so much a fear, just me detecting someone without any indication of them.

Another thing that bothers me, is a lack of physical touch with living beings. I have a mental requirement to have physical contact with living things. I become nervous and emotional without it. Even in public places, I will hug my mother on a whim. In school, this problem becomes even more apparent, where mental exertion and lack of things to do (I am in a special education program, and much of the material is simple enough for me to complete in a matter of seconds, if only I could write that fast, compounded on the fact that my classmates struggle to do it, and will even become violent from a self imposed hatred of doing work) end up with me spontaneously hugging teachers. This is only tolerated because I am in this program, and this contact helped me function properly throughout the day. I cannot truly understand why people are so uncomfortable with this, and it is difficult for me to resist asking for hugs.

Damn ViceVersus! That's just like me! I can't even let the juices from the food touch each other!

Things touching my hair drive me insane. Any sort of goo, pulling, rubbing sensation, it drives me insane. If I get even the tiniest bit of anything in it, I throw a fit until I can take a shower. Even conditioner being in my hair drives me insane. And if mud were to get in my hair, I'd scream and wouldn't settle until it was out. My hair being pulled, especially while it is wet, drives me to insanity. Don't touch my hair!

I hate wet wheat products. I can't stand touching them. Soggy cereal, bread, crackers, I hate it. I refuse to touch it, and having to put them down the garbage disposal drives me insane. Any food that has gotten water on it will cause revulsion and disgust.
Last edited by QuickDeath on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

QuickDeath
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 pm

I would just like to note that the only reason this topic exists is because we couldn't be bothered to find the other one -- and once the View My Post feature is back up, the mods will probably merge the topics.

That aside. Here are some of the things that bother me.

My food touching. If I'm eating mashed potatoes, green beans and, oh, say, pasta of some sort I'll be damned if it touches. I don't care if it's all going to the same place. Whenever I eat, my family sort of snickers at me because each food has like, a centimeter barrier all around it. My mother helpfully drops spare things on my segregated piles sometimes.

Oddly, though, buffets are when this is okay. If I'm at a Chinese place or something else, then it's totally cool to have it all pilled on top of each other. Dishes with stuff mixed together is fine too.

Haha. I really hope there's someone else out there like that.

People who chew with their mouths open/talk with their mouth full. Alright I'm guilty of this especially if I' with friends and we're telling stories and laughing -- but if you're at a family dinner or (God forbid) a formal event, seriously. We don't need to see what you're chewing. It's just sort of disgusting.

Me, I'm a brat. If I see someone doing that -- say, they ask me a question while simultaneously showing me their chewing process, sure I'll reply, but only after I say something like -- "oh! I'm sorry it took me a second to reply, but I had to quickly chew my food and then swallow it."

Yeah. That's me. I'm that girl.

Things around my neck. This is more of a Makes-Me-Spaz out than a pet peeve, I guess. I have a slight freak-out of people choking me -- woah, which sounds really really morbid. Whenever I have to sleep in a car or on a plane, I'll hitch my shirt or sweater up so that my neck is completely covered. Why? On a plane I have this weird, half-thought-out vision of the person in seat 24B reaching over and wrapping their cold hands around my neck. In a car, the seatbelt digs into my neck.

I've palm-heel struck friends and family in the sternum on reflex when they've reached for my neck to observe a necklace. Which brings me to the next point -- I can have a necklace on. That doesn't bother me. But someone pressing down on my collarbone or even the thought of someone doing that just makes me go ninja.

Chewing on spoons. Is it a sensitive teeth thing? I don't know. Just banging my teeth on the metal of a spoon makes me go wonky. Especially thinking of just twirling the thing against your teeth, knocking into the enamel .. eh.

"Oh, man, you remind me of this one person I know, but you don't know! It's freaky!" So irrelevant. If I don't know them, you better either start explaining why it is that you felt you needed to tell me this, either that or just don't mention it in the first place. And by the way, who informs people that they're just like someone else? I like thinking I'm a delicate, unique snowflake, thanks.

Eating napkins soaked in milk. Okay. I have to explain this. I've never done this, but one day I thought of it. I thought of stuffing a sopping napkin that had been soaked with milk in my mouth and feeling the texture of the quilt against my tongue, feeling the paper start to fray with the liquid and slip down my throat in gobs, squeezing the napkin against the roof of my mouth and having the milk trickle down my --

-- I have no idea why the heck I thought of this. I was eating a salad. And I thought of it. And I literally didn't eat for the next day or so, and now you won't either.

Whenever I'm just walking along and a dinosaur attacks me. This is just really annoying, and completely uncalled for. I mean, honestly. It needs to be stopped.

ViceVersus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdaRPG on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Chatroom drama and pettiness....Also, nitpickers.
Follow my blog about my husband's medical condition and my tweets for updates on it.
------------------------------------
Character List to Come Later

AdaRPG
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrienaSkysong on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:02 pm

My Pet Peeves:

My father's heavy footsteps across the wood floor. He never takes them off when he comes in. And his walk is slow, so he takes a whole two minutes to cross the room. His slippers are worse.

Spiders. Well, thats a Phobia. But if there is a big enough spider to catch my attention near my feet, or one manages to crawl across my arm and then I notice it... You'll know. I will scream my head off and climb the nearest object, if it will take me away from the nasty things... Hmm. That's how I found all those old hairballs on top of the pantry, where the cats like to hang out, back in Mom's house.

Another Peeve. Being Bossed around by anyone other than Ayo.

Not having my own computer.

Parents. Mine in particular.

Curfews.

Cigarette smoke and the smell of alcohol will make me want to vomit.

Loud, loud noises are a problem, because of my sensitive hearing. Loud little kids, in a large room with very little carpet to help catch the sound, for one thing.

BrienaSkysong
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:29 pm

People chewing with their mouth open/talking- My cousins do it all the time next to me. Just the sound/sight of mushing food is disgusting, and makes me wanna throw up.

Terrible grammar/spelling- I know what they're saying, and they're older than me. It's just annoying when people don't use commas, periods, apostriphes. I know that's not spelled right, it's not something I type too often. And bad spelling as well, I will admit I do sometimes spell words wrong. Usually because I don't use it too often, or because it's just a tricky word.

When people make stereotypical jokes that aren't funny'- My brother does this all the time to the Asians. He'll say something totally un-funny that relates to something very stereotypical, then he'll get mad when I say it's not funny, and that it's kinda messed up.

i have many more peeves that I can't name, but i might post/edit in more later.
i haven't rp-ed on here in a while, so don't expect any of my older posts to be what i roleplay like now! just a word of warning! <:

Kaoru_chan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aeris Strife on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Oof... In my case, I can't have anything around my neck- my boyfriend learned that one the hard way. Everytime I put even a necklace on I start to tremble, because I think of every possible way to die of choking while wearing said neck-thingy.

I also freak out at the sight of vomit, which makes me vomit (usually blood).

I hate, hate, hate, hate, beyond words the sound of children crying. It drives me insane (since when I was little my sight was really bad, I relied on hearing more), because I am very sensitive to noise. That's one of the reasons we tried to buy a keyboard and mouse that make as little noise as possible: because that bothers me too.

Girls who scream when they see a teeny little animal like a mouse bother me as well; I don't quite understand how one person could make so much damn noise about such a little thing.

I can't look at burnt food, it makes me sick. Same thing goes for mustard.

The first of multiple things that has me off the wall in a few short seconds, though, is homophobia. I know multiple homosexuals, one of them being my best friend, and I hate the silence that people give you when you say 'my best friend and his boyfriend.' People can't seem to accept that not everyone is heterosexual in the world...

I get scared if my e-mail inbox has more than fifty messages at any given time as well. Alongside that, it irks me to have to use another person's computer. I have a perfectly good laptop- which works wonderfully.

I'll add more to this list as I remember more of them... so this is all for now.

-Strife
Hey bitch, I don't care if it kills me
and I don't give a damn if it hurts
I'm going to live for the fun of it
Because this is my stinkin' life, not yours

Aeris Strife
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hellraiser on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:25 am

Bees Seriously, I can not stand bees, they terrify me for no reason. If one even comes near me I freeze where I am. I can't help it, I know it's illogical and probably the most absurd phobia that has ever come about but I do.

Being trapped I go beserk when I'm trapped, I panic and start trying to find a way to escape, even if it involved trying to bust through the door or smashing a window. Once again absurd and illogical, yes I know but once again I can't help it.

Little people I can't stand short people, maybe it's because I'm so tall, I don't know I just can't stand them. They freak me out and thus I hate them. They irritate me, they annoy me and they scare me and thus I hate them.

People reading over your shoulder Another thing I can't stand is people reading over my shoulder. It drives me insane and I just can't stand the feeling that somebody is standing right behind me or next to me and reading everything that I'm typing.

Fear of being touched without my permission I just can't stand it, if somebody comes up behind touches me on the shoulder suddenly for example I jump before becoming rather violent over it. If somebody gets too close to me I feel uncomfortable, I don't know why but I do.

Please don't laugh at me :(
Last edited by hellraiser on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

hellraiser
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 am

ViceVersus wrote:

My food touching. If I'm eating mashed potatoes, green beans and, oh, say, pasta of some sort I'll be damned if it touches. I don't care if it's all going to the same place. Whenever I eat, my family sort of snickers at me because each food has like, a centimeter barrier all around it. My mother helpfully drops spare things on my segregated piles sometimes.

Oddly, though, buffets are when this is okay. If I'm at a Chinese place or something else, then it's totally cool to have it all pilled on top of each other. Dishes with stuff mixed together is fine too.

Yeah I'm like that too. Sometimes I try to not even let the juices of one food run into another and I might use a napkin to intervene... but I don't do that in public (and it's not a problem for foods that are meant to be together, like a burrito).

Another pet peeve of mine is drama. The "he said she said omg I called and blah blah blah" nonsense... I can't stand these little "group hate sessions" and "complain fests" which often escalate into something uglier. Probably everyone enjoys a little gossip or the occasional train wreck, but there's only so much I can take in one setting.

Also, people who don't clean up after their dogs.
Last edited by cjeap on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

cjeap
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:10 am

Bah, double post, sorry.

cjeap
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 pm

cjeap wrote:
ViceVersus wrote:

Yeah I'm like that too. Sometimes I try to not even let the juices of one food run into another and I might use a napkin to intervene... but I don't do that in public (and it's not a problem for foods that are meant to be together, like a burrito).

Ditto. We should make a facebook group about this. ;D

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Small yap dogs. I can tolerate them, but I still want to strangle them whenever I hear their shrill barking.

Kronos
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:07 pm

I hate when people eat with their mouths open, as well.
Or when they chew really loudly.

Or when they sit too close to the television.

Or when the television is really, really loud and you're trying to talk to someone and they can't hear you..

People looking over my shoulder.

AND my BIGGEST pet peeve EVER

Is when you have something REALLY important and EVERYONE touches it. Like, TOUCHTOUCHTOUCH. ><
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Broken pool heaters: Okay, so if I have to do physical therapy in the pool, I want to do it in my own pool and not have the bloody public pool, full of screaming, sobbing children, be my destination for rehabilitation. However, when the pool heater breaks...

Guess who has to go to Snotland?

Singing the wrong lyrics: If you don't know the song, don't try to sing along. Hum the tune, if you like, but honestly, listen to the song a few times and then try fitting in the words. Chorus followed by the verses!

Eating everything at once: If we're having a family meal of chicken, vegetables and bread, or any meal where it can be separated as such, I have a method. My brothers all shove their food in depending on what hits the fork first, whereas I eat potatoes, then carrots, then peas, then chicken, then I mop up the gravy with slightly buttery bread. I can't eat without a method.

Spoons: No doubt due to extensive damage done to my face, and therefore jaw, I abhor using metal spoons. I always get these terrible pains and shudders when I think of using them.

Assuming you know everything: Personally, I've got quite a few health problems. That doesn't mean that it is at all assuring for someone to turn around and go 'I know what you're going through; I had a cold for about five minutes last summer.' So not on. I'm the one experiencing it, I'll tell you how it feels. Unless I ask, I don't care what you think you know about my problems!

Partying with the intent of getting drunk: I've been to several parties where everyone, bar me, gets drunk, pissed off their heads whilst I'm left to attempt cleaning up the mess.

OCD: My second-youngest brother has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He goes around and picks up any loose objects during his 'episodes', including things like shoes, cats, hats, bedding and laptops. I understand he can't help it, but it's frustrating having to see him get worked up over untidiness.

Touching my guitar: I take my guitar to school with me on occasion because I prefer the quality of strings and the wood is smoother. However, if I leave my guitar case in a practice room or in the Senior Area, that doesn't mean I want to return to broken strings or someone complaining that they can't play whilst strumming the hell out of my guitar!

So yeah :D

Cloasse
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

I'm annoyed by air. So, I'll just list a few of my pet peeves.

People constantly talking over a show, and telling me "It's On Demand, what's the big deal?", but getting angry when I pause it. Such as my step father does.

Someone that nods their head a million times, very slowly, as they're saying something---you've proved your point, stop nodding. Now you're just insulting my intelligence.

People that don't use proper grammar, and then when I try to inform them of their mistake(s), say "It's just the internet, big deal!" Yes, it is the internet. No, that isn't an excuse. You'll fall into the habit of being lazy with your grammar.
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steppin' Razor on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Bright lights in my eyes. Car headlights, reflected sunlight, and more than anything when someone intentionally shines a flashlight in my eyes. I've had friends do this with Surefire and similar lights that are designed to impair vision when shined in the eyes. It typically only happens once. Just because I plead with them not to do it, please, please do not do it, because it bothers me a lot and puts me on edge. I've threatened to pick up one friend and hurl them over a table. Another I reflexively slapped across the side of the head, domestic abuse style, the moment it happened. I feel bad threatening my friends, but I feel it helps stress how much this bothers me. It makes me want to physically harm people every time it happens.

Only other thing I can think of worth mentioning: When people call me a liar through the implicit meaning of their words. This is pretty rare, and usually seems to stem from either an emotional or defensive response in whoever perpetrates the offending statement. I also realize that they don't usually seem to realize the full gravity of what they just said. Regardless, I am immediately filled with an incredible indignation and an almost equivalent anger, might lose the ability to speak for several seconds, and yes, I also want to do unkind things to their physical well-being. Insert expletives here. I know this is somewhat irrational and an overreaction, but we all have our flaws.

Steppin' Razor
Member for 11 years
Author Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kidashka on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 am

Slow-walking people ...I hate it when I'm in a hurry, and I get stuck behind and incredibly slow person, just bimbling along merrily. Or worse a *group* of slow-walking people. D:

When I can't remember something, even though I know it's really important. The closer the deadline, the more likely I am to have forgotten. It's such a bad habit of mine ......

And I'm officially part of the food-not-touching group. I'm overjoyed that I'm not the only one - my friends give me the weirdest looks.

kidashka
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Alright.... I'll tell mine.

Cutting in line. I mean, honestly, it ticks me off. We're all usally going to the same place, so why cut?

Smoke. Any type will do, and I will gag! Except regular fire. Firecrackers however, no.

People looking at my stuff without permission. Seriously people? Don't you have other people to bug?

People who just won't shut up in class. I'm homeschooled, so this won't be a problem, but it still ticks me off.

JewelGlutton
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vintagedarksoul on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Wet floors- Wet floors often lead to wet socks, which is a whole other issue of mine but is a relative one in a house where the dog cant seem to drink water without flinging it a few miles. >_<

Hair in the bathtub- For some reason, it drives me crazy and I wont use a tub till its completely cleaned out.

Cotton Balls - They feel like evil.
When I am good, I am very, very good
But when I am bad, I am f*&!ing gorgeous!

vintagedarksoul
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm

The sound of:
People chewing
A fork or spoon scratching the bottom of a plate
Computer keyboards (this actually makes me violent at computers sometimes)
Whispering
cracking knuckles
Talking while I'm writing something
There are others, but you get the picture.

I also don't like to have anything near my eyes.

And I'll only talk to strangers on the phone if I absolutely have to. Otherwise I'll go across town just so I don't have to use the phone.
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!