Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pirates, Fantasy and Evil Governments?!...Sound familiar?

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Pirates, Fantasy and Evil Governments?!...Sound familiar?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:02 am

Hello to all, my RP has been up and is slowly progressing for a while now, what I require however is active and literate members willing to RP and continue with the story in a creative and co-operative manner. I have sent out PM's to members in it currently before and given them plenty of time and I have decided that I require more people regardless of their activity, but their positions however shall become available unless they re-surface. (To a good enough character of course goes the prize.)

I am very interested in seeing this go to the end, and have many well made plans. Keep in mind when you make your character that the crew position is the position you wish for. You can build your character and their back-story/powers around that idea, but you still have to get yourself into that position via RP, you don't automatically appear in the position or earn the trust of the crew and end up wherever you please as I'm afraid that's not how it works :P.

I guess without further ado, here is the RP's introduction. Read it as a normal RP and ignore the connotations of anime that appear as it is apart from setting irrelevant to the RP and it's progression/ events.

Introduction of Introductoryness

Welcome to my Roleplay! A grand world of pirating and adventure awaits you, the crew is yet to be made and many other pirates are racing a head for the grand treasure. Hoist the sails and head for the grand line, for that is where you will find all the action, that is where you will find Gol D. Rogers treasure, the treasure of the pirate king. That is where the next pirate king will be made, and that, my friends, is only the beginning of your adventure.

Welcome to the world of One Piece set in a clone time period of the real worlds pirate era, currently it's the year 1675, a mixture of Fantasy, Pirating, Corrupt Governments and Adventure on a world entirely unlike ours, with most of it being made entirely of water aside from a large continent called the Red Line which divides the world in half. Dozens of islands pock mark along the worlds surface and range in size from tiny to colossal, the world is divided into four oceans. East Blue, West Blue, North Blue and South Blue respectively (Creative names I know). Dividing the North and West blues and East and South blues is the Grand Line and two "Calm Belts" that line it, dividing North and South, East and West is the continent called the Red Line. As depicted below.

Most of the oceans have a rivalry against the others, thinking themselves to be the strongest and the others to be weaker, this is particularly true for East Blue. The Ocean believed to be the weakest amongst them all, despite Gol D. Rogers origins being from East Blue.

In this world, there are many pirates and pirate crews, some with strange powers. Crews range from regular humans, to Fishman and Giants, to Devil Fruit users and Talking Animals. These strange powers are from the devil fruits afore mentioned, these fruits are covered in swirl patterns and have a curvy stem protruding from them, all of them look different and originate usually from different fruit. When consumed these devil fruits give the consumer strange powers and vast new potential, however it is said that the fruits give these powers using true sea demons housed in them, and so the sea will forever reject them, meaning the user loses all powers and strength when in water and can never swim again. It is also said that if two fruits are brought in close contact with each-other, the resulting fight between the demons will result in the death of the users of the fruit and those around them, however by most this is dismissed as rumor.

These devil fruits are very rare, and once found its a luck of the draw which fruit you have acquired and what class its from. There are ways to identify devil fruits but they are difficult to come by, more so than the fruits themselves, and not very well known even amongst the worlds most knowledgeable, it is essentially a Russian roulette when consuming a devil fruit, the consumer must decide if the weaknesses and inability to swim, especially as a pirate, are worth the risk.

The marines and world government rule the oceans and the world, their laws and bounties control everything and the fear of the infamous prison Impel Down prison when caught keeps most in check, for even the lowest of crimes results in a hellish torture in that deadly inescapable place.

Devil Fruits

I am happy to be PM'd and spoken to about custom devil fruits etc. I want them to remain balanced and what-not and thus the one Logia for the crew and the One Mythic Zoan (To begin with, Devil fruits can be found through out the adventure and will be rolled on a table I have created.) has been taken by NobodiesHiiro whom whilst inactive at the moment has given very legitimate reason for this inactivity, and duramon (me.) respectively.

Paramecia
Useful Link, contains list of known fruits and description at bottom
The most common of the three classes, users of Paramecia class Devil Fruits gain superhuman physical abilities or powers, such as shock wave generation and locking onto targets. Other users can alter features of their bodies or their environment, such as a body of blades and levitating objects. Finally, there are some users that can manipulate and generate some kinds of substances, such as wax and poison.

Zoan
Equally Useful Link
The users of Zoan class Devil Fruits gain the ability to transform into an animal (and acquire every ability affiliated with said animal). The user can also transform into a human-beast hybrid form or twin-beast hybrid. There are Zoan Devil Fruits not only for common animals, but for prehistoric or ancient animals and mythological creatures as well (ancient and mythological are rarer, with mythological said to be even rarer than some Logia Devil Fruits).

There also exist manufactured Zoan Devil Fruits, fashioned by Vegapunk and Donquixote Doflamingo. While Vegapunk's fruit was a failure, Doflamingo's fruits, renamed "SMILEs" were a success. They are manufactured in his factories using Caesar Clown's SAD, and sold to big names of the sea. Kaido of the Yonko even used them to create an army of Devil Fruit users.

Logia
Equally Equal Useful Link
The rarest of the three classes, users of Logia class Devil Fruits gain the ability to transform themselves into an element (making them intangible or indestructible, the exception being the darkness Logia power which keeps the human body and makes the user more vulnerable towards pain). They also gain every ability related to that element and gain the skill to disperse, control and rejoin any part of their bodies while conscious and in control of their powers (including explosions, bullet wounds or cuts). Logia users can move every part of their transformed bodies while in element form.

Characters

Character Sheet, not mandatory to use, its just the generic one I'm using for the RP's intro.
Code: Select all
[center][size=170][b][i]ENTER FULL NAME[/i][/b][/size][/center]
    [left][img]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/left]

[b]GENERAL INFO[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]Full name:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Alias/Nicknames:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Gender:[/u] [/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Nationality:[/u][/i][/color] – (Specific Island, Which Ocean? etc.)
    [color=blue][u][i]Race and Sub-differences:[/u][/i][/color] - (Fishman, Giant (PM Me), Human, Abnormally Large Human, etc.)
    [color=blue][u][i]Birth Date:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Age:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Descendent(of): [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Current Residence: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Job/Profession:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Title:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Political Stance:[/u][/i][/color] - (Moral Justice, Absolute Justice, Marine, Pirate.)
    [color=blue][u][i]Occupation/Ranking/Position: [/u][/i][/color] - (Position for if/when you join the crew, Ranking generally for Marines)
    [color=blue][u][i]Personal Alignment: [/u][/i][/color] - (Chaotic, Lawful, Neutral, Good, Evil etc.)

[b]APPEARANCE[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]Height: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Weight: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Build: [/u][/i][/color] -(Thin, Fat, Stocky upper body, Strong arms and legs from free-running/Parkour?)
    [color=blue][u][i]Eye Color: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Hair Color: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Handedness:[/u][/i][/color] -(Left,Right, Ambidexterous?)
    [color=blue][u][i]Skin Shade/Color: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Scars/Tattoos/Piercings: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Description:[/u][/i][/color] - (Over-all, more in-depth description of appearance, description of their presence; Overbearing, feeble, innocent, Clothing Description and more in depth description of scars and tattoos, perhaps habits involving them?)

[b]MENTALITY[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]Sexuality/Preference:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Relationship/Marital status:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Family/relatives:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]State of Mind: [/u][/i][/color] - (General Sanity, as well as any mental illness or personality disorders.)
    [color=blue][u][i]Friends/Allies:[/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Education: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Likes: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Dislikes: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Hobbies: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Personality: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Habits/Quirks[/u][/i][/color] - (OCD, Thumb Biting, Twitches etc.)
    [color=blue][u][i]Debilitating Fears (If any)[/u][/i][/color] - (What stops them in their tracks? Freezes them up? Haunts their nightmares?)

[b]EQUIPMENT[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]Weapons:[/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Accessories: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Miscellaneous: [/u][/i][/color] –

[b]FIGHTING STYLE(S)[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]General/Preferred Style: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Hand-to-Hand: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Weapons Style: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Devil Fruit (If any): [/u][/i][/color]-

[b]HISTORY[/b]
    [color=blue][u][i]Relationship Status: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Family: [/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Known Languages:[/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Proficiency(Specific Skills/What are they good at?):[/u][/i][/color] –
    [color=blue][u][i]Personal History/Background: [/u][/i][/color] -
    [color=blue][u][i]Clans (Family Clan or Otherwise): [/u][/i][/color] -

[b]ANY OTHER INFORMATION:[/b]

You are free to make a Marine or World Government member of low ranking, starting out at the same power level as the crew. However unless I get a large or balanced amount of Marines know it will be more difficult for me to edge you in on plot and constant RPing due to the nature of Marine stationing. If one low ranking Marine was constantly put near the crew, the crew would have to constantly encounter a singular Marine Captain and group of enemies in particular and that wouldn’t really work out. This problem is removed later in the RP as they reach higher rankings, although its possible that as a low ranking Marine, you have a laid back captain who allows you to pursue your own goals and aspirations, perhaps taking down a low level pirate crew or helping to give information to do so? The difficult part of being a marine or World Government member normally is being stuck with the group, but if you can find reason, backstory, or methods around it outside of "Their bad-ass so they're allowed to do what they want" I'm all for a character such as this being in the RP, it might make things interesting.

Positions
Crew positions are open to be different and changed, but a few absolute musts for a crew are obvious, but I will out-line them here in a bit anyway. As proven in the show key crew members can be added later and picked up along the way, I doubt the entire crew or even a large portion of it will be instantly formed and I’d much rather it not be. In this way however, this RP will be very very open for new characters joining and the crew isn’t limited to following the Straw Hat formulae and idea of small crew of important characters only. It can in fact have many smaller NPC characters or nameless crew cannon fodder dependent on the characters personalities.

Whether we have a white-beard fleet and family or a Straw Hat skeleton crew (Hehe...Because Bro-...nevermind.) is entirely up to the characters and the story development.

Anyway, to the positions!:

Captain (Taken by duramon (Me) for plot purposes, much easier to GM and push from this stand point.)
First-Mate (Inactive Member, Available if character good enough, GLM's character closest to this thus far.)(Not entirely Mandatory or absolute must, but close. Zoro is closest to this in the series.)
Chef
Doctor (Inactive Member, Available if Character good enough.)
Ship-Wright
Navigator (Inactive Member, Available if Character good enough.)

Not many I know, however an important thing to note is that if all or most are able and strong fighters, this is all you require. There are obviously many other positions and crew members; these are just the skeleton crew positions.

Magical Link
Last edited by duramon on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is merely a puzzle,and every being,every object,every speck of existence. Is but a small piece of an infinitely expanding picture.

My OTP, TheXenomorph1 X Pika_Girl

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Pirates, Fantasy and Evil Governments?!...Sound familiar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:21 am

Yo, I would love to be a part of a good One Piece role-play and I am active daily. I would love to join, however I would prefer access to a Devil Fruit. I would normally join otherwise, but my past experience wit One Piece role-plays has taught me that those without Devil Fruit are all to often over powered and over shadowed. You might be able to convince me otherwise but I doubt I will be swayed to join without it.

It would also be helpful if you posted a link to your role-play please.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 am

Aaah yes, I do know of this phenomenon. Many are unable to balance or keep charge of their RPer's or things generally just end up that way without cause or fault of anyone, however I intend to keep tight watch on such things and go for balance. I will be moderating powers, devil fruits, progression etc. as needed and if needed whilst the story progresses and keeping tight check on stuff like that and haki, it's a relatively relaxed RP but I'd rather not have such a thing occur.

People are welcome to devil fruits as stated however the limit of One Logia and One Mythic Zoan is filled up, as having more than one of either or both would be disastrously powerful and intensely boring and unlikely in the One Piece world. This is of course for the crew, beyond the crew as marines such fruits are still available but will still be semi limited to keep the marines from reaching the same disastrous level of power.

Link added, derp ^^"

duramon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:37 am

Alright, ill start on a character soon and I would like to reserve Gura Gura no Mi. Just fill me in on when we will start and how I should ICly get to know your crew. Also, if you haven't check out my Naruto RP. I am in need of characters something fierce.

Here is the link.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:37 am

Might wanna check the OOC of the RP ^^" some canon characters (select entirely history important ones) will appear and as stated whitebeard is important enough to be one of the history important characters I shall be including. Therefore his fruit is his unless he dies ^^".

duramon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:08 am

I won't be participating then unless customs are allowed. Good luck nevertheless!

Bradok187
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 am

You really need to read into things more thoroughly ;3 As the post states customs are allowed, although to be honest I'm worried for the fact you joining is based on whether you can be powerful or have great power.

Power and fighting isn't everything in RP and I will be accepting your character based on its overall quality and whether its devil fruit is balanced equally.

duramon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

It's not really about power. I normally try to play a typical pirate type character without Devil Fruit power. Gol D. Rogers didn't even have Devil Fruit and he was the most powerful man that ever lived. However, I have played quite a few One Piece role-plays and every time I end up overshadowed by DF users. I like restricted RPs like the one you are running because it keeps a better handle on things power wise, but at the same time starting out as a Logia user automatically turned me and my friend Jonathan away from the rp. I thought I'd give it a try anyway after thinking about it for a little while.

I'll start tossing ideas around for a custom tonight and if one else joins then ill type up a CS.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:03 am

Just gunna bump this, I really wish for this idea to go ahead. I have two active RPers, whom themselves are waiting for more members to get this going properly and etc. If you can take the time to have a look, PM me any questions or plonk them here. I would be much obliged.

duramon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:43 pm

We have just started a new One Piece RP, so you can join if you do not find any members.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Yes I did see that, a fact that irks me considering it being almost exactly like mine in concept and examples after you expressed interest in mine >_> Even the idea of keeping only prominent figures such as Whitebeard in a world the Straw Hat Crew doesn't exist. Whilst not an uber infinitely original idea, it's exactly what I've done for my RP, which previous to being told you assumed was lacking in figures and wanted their fruit.

I am not interested in joining an RP that was created after its creator looked at mine and its ideas and expressed interest in joining it, and is a near carbon copy in concept. After I and others have put so much effort into making it look good and worked on all these ideas for the RP, I'm honestly quite sickened by the idea of someone else having their RP becoming successful and active off of an idea almost identical to one already present and looking for RPers.

Therefore, regardless of circumstance, I shall not be interested in joining your RP >_>

duramon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bradok187 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 am

I actually didn't copy yours and intend to take the story in an entirely different direction. Me and Chaos were intending to do a 1x1 but so many people wanted to join. It is not my fault that others joined my RP and not yours, however for some reason those that joined picked mine over yours.

Bradok187
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!