Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Pirates!

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Pirates!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:12 pm

laughing from across the room, the portly fence shook. his voice was deep and throaty, he assumed it had to do with his weight, but a few months at sea would see it gone, it'd be time to hit the pirate's for some work again soon, appearence is everything in this synical world that was, Nay is mordern society

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 pm

five more glasses into his rum, Scars decided that he was tired, and at that moment, the ground seemed very cozy, he turned to the fence who wuoldn't shut up.

"Oye, 'ave me woken up before we leave port" Scars managed to say before he passed out, and fell hard on the floor.
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 pm

Bellowing laughter now valesh looked down at the unconcious Pirate, "What a pathetic state to see a Sailor in, Notorious Drunkards, but this one ..... CNA'T EVEN HOLD HIS RUM!!!!!" laughing ever harded at the end, Rum often had that effect on people. everything seemed so much sillier. esp[ecially in large quantities, "Oi'll be heading to my room then. " taking a few steps a bottle and a half suddenly seemed excessive. falling on the floor next to scars.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:58 pm

OOC: any thoughts on a flag?

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Izzy looked around at her fellow crew mates. All of them were passed out on the floor or to drunk to stand. She sighed to herself. "wish I could get that drunk." She mumbled "But then i'd wake up without a shirt on." She asked the bar tender for another glass of rum. She drank her beer slowly. "OY barkeep." The man turned to her, "Can you get me a nice big bucket of ice cold water?" She looked at Terry then at the bartender. He grinned broadly and walked to the back room. *This should be fun* Izzy thought to herself.
A little bit later the bar tender came back with a large bucket with water sloshing over the side. "Here you can do the honers mate." The barkeep said to Izzy.
Izzy took the large bucket and lifted it with ease, it was heavy but she was very strong. She slowly crept over to "Captin" Terry, her long time comrad, and threw the bucket of cold water on his head and back. "Their you drunkin' fool now maybe we can discuss a plan for our next run!" She was laughing histericly....
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:17 pm

As Terry was pleasantly dreaming about rivers of rum and salty wenches bathing in them, a cold rush awoke him suddenly. His bloodshot eyes flew open, and he realized that someone'd dumped water on him. He saw that Izzy was holding a bucket, and he jumped off the stool and yelled, "OY! Ya bleedin' idjit! By the nine planes of hell what overtook yer soul to do such a horrible thing to yer poor captain?! Aye, ye interrupted a fine dream I was havin' too! Now wat'cha want ya scurvy dog?!" Terry wobbled a minute as he was standing, then plopped his laurels back down on a stool. "Oy, keep... A cup of eh, juice or somethin'.. Crandberry juice.." Just as he finished his request, some other drunken sailor down the bar yelled out, "OY! Ya pansy dog! Cranberry juice?! What is it, yer blood moon?! AHAHAHAhahaha!" Terry glared at the man, then stood and unsheathed his short sword, wobbling about a bit. "Come'ere and say that to my face ya yellow-bellied scallywag!" Terry thought about taking a step towards him, but determined that that'd be too much effort, and might result in a face plant on the dirt floor.
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:53 am

At the sound of his captin's voice, Scars woke up far to fast, all the blood rushed to his head, making him dizzy. After being in his crew, you learn to listen when he has something to say. Apparently some landlubber was picking a fight with Terry. Scars hated when people fought with his captin, perhaps out of respect, perhaps out of status, most likely, Scars pretty much just loved kicking people's asses, and Captin Terrible sure got a lot of people mad. Scars stood up, his head pounding with a combonation of the rum, and the large blood rush, which ended up pissing him off more. He waved around his index finger untill it landed on the man who Terry had been arguing with.

"Oye, ye scallywagging, landlubber, what say ye to a match?"Scars said, wobbling like his captin, Scars had been known to be far more brutal a fighter when drunk, and his pounding head just fueled his rage...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:15 am

Name: Allen Sieger
Physical Description: A younger man, he was 5' 11", he wasn't your typical pirate either, he loved the sea and fighting, oh, and of course the money, but he didn't act like those stupid lugs. He has red hair that cut short to keep it out of his eyes, lightly tanned skin, and has the pirate mark on his right hand. he wears a orange shirt and blue pants with tough worn out boots. the farther from acting like any of the blokes on his ship, the better, was his thinking. He can also hold his drink amazingly well.
Equipment: he has a cutlass which is 5 feet long, two one shot pistols, and is trained in the use of all weapons which he proves, also, he dose not like to lose a fight, which is usually against drunks who cant keep their balance.

Allen stood up from the back of the bar, walked over and stood between the combatants, "I'm going to have to ask you to stop, otherwise I'll kick the shit out of you bastards... Oh and Captain Terry, i wanted to ask you, can i get a job on your boat?"
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:29 am

Scars looked at the man with the red hair.

"Oye, get out o me way, ye flea-bitten dog."Scars pushed Allen aside, and smacked his hand down on the counter next to where the drunk was drinking."So, ye wanna take me on?" The drunk seemed unphased.

"shure I'll take ye on, ye stupid, filthy pir..."Before he could finish his sentence, or stand for that matter, Scars had already knocked him out cold with a left hook, the drunk fell over backwards on his stool, then flopped onto the ground. Scars turned back to Allen.

"So, ye wanna join the crew?"...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:35 am

Allen Smacked Scars so hard that he fell over the bar and landed in a drunken heap on the other side.

"Yep, I'd love a job mate, that is if can have it."

He walked towards the exit, "the names Allen, I'm a weapons expert ill help you with your problems, that is, once your sober please," he turned to Izzy, "You ,might need some more water for your captin and the ugly guy."

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 am

Scars shot up from behind the bar.

"Oye, ye mutt, ye wanna take me?" Scars hurdled over the counter, landing on the drunk he had knocked out only moments before, and fell face first onto the ground.This guy was pissing him off, plus the pounding in his head made him want to kill this mutt. Scars stood, wobbling a bit.

"Oye, I'm as shober as I need to be to kick your arsh." Scars said as he began walking towards Allen,"If ye can best me in a match, I'll be more than 'appy to let ye serve under me."to emphasize his point, Scars put up his fists in a tradional drunken barfight stance...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 am

Allen just ignored him. "Well Captin, can i serve under you, I'm not that overjoyed to be doing it, but i wanna get out on the water, so I'll grit my teeth and work. It beats the royal navy, plus i get payed way more."

"He turned toward the ugly drunkard, and please, wait till your sober, you look ready to tip over, it would be a waste of time and energy to fight you." and with that he sat down at a table in the back of the bar and read a book.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:55 am

Scars realized that the guy had a point, pirating payed way better then the navy. Altough, Scars wasn't gonna let this one go, he was gonna kick this guy's ass. He thought this untill the ground looked incredibly cozy, so, Scars decided to take a good long sleep...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:10 am

still snoring contently Valesh rolled over grabbing a leg and pulling it, it just so happened to be the leg of the newcomer, pulling harder on the leg he rolled again, imitating a wrestilng match in his sleep.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 am

new character: Mari (first syllable pronounced like far, second like the letter e)
description: Mari is a slender pole of a lad, who is about 5'2" despite being only 11. He has dusty blonde hair, which he tends to leave long on all sides(it dangles down around his ears in a classic mop look). He loves climbing, and can move through rigging at great speeds. Mari is also extremely adept at tying knots. He wears shorts, and a loose fitting shirt, both are in pretty poor condition.
possessions: an extremely good knife, made of high quality steel is his most treasured possession. Having asked repeatedly for a gun, and being denied, he wittled a crossbow out of wood. he tends to leave it in a special holster he added to the bottom of the crow's nest.

IC: Mari sits in the rafters of the tavern watching the amusing antics of his drunken crewmates. He never drank himself, but he sure did love watching the others (especially scars) make drunken fools of themselves.

RPGAcher
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Captain Terry's opponent was defeated by Scars before he even knew what was happening. A new comer had made his way into the bar, and proclaimed himself to be a weapon's expert. He was asking for a spot on the ship, even though he didn't seem the pirating type. But hell, what exactly WAS the pirating type? Grubby looking people that loved rum, fighting, and loot way too much? That wasn't exactly the best person to be on your ship all the time. A clean cut half way do-gooder would serve well on the ship. The newcomer'd made his way to a table in the back, where the cook was now tugging on his leg in a drunken slumber. Terry made his way over to him and sat down across the table from him. "So," Terry started, "Ye want a spot on me ship eh? Aye, we could use a man proficient in all forms of bloody combat, savvy? Yes, ye may come aboard, it'd be an honor. Though, I must confess, tis makin' me a little nervous, ye knowing me name and I not knowing yers... As you already know, Captain Terry of the ship The Southern Wind. What might yer name be?"

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 pm

IZZY watched all this with a slim interest. She had seen it a thousand times, Scars always fought when he was drunk. The man that had come in claiming to be a weapons expert and Terry had wandered over to the table he was at. Izzy took it upon herself to follow behind and stand there listening to all that took place. After all she was first mate so she was aloud to be nosy, at least thats what she told herself. She knew Terry would care, even if she had soaked him in cold icy water. She watched him introduce himself and question the man, but also he had given him a place. Terry was always a nice guy he gave people chances. It was one thing most pirates admired in him. Izzy just smiled.

OOC: Thanks La Cruise... Its hard to keep characters straight sometimes when you have 4 differant games. :? thanks for lookin out for me. :)
Last edited by LiL_KK on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:51 pm

"Well, thats fair enough. My name is Allen Sieger, and thanks for the job. I would say though I just might have joined the strangest pirate crew ever. I mean your a Captin who has little control over your drunken subordinates, a girl who looks sturdy enough for pirating, an ugly, stupid, drunkard, a cook who probably can only cook worth crap, if hes ever sober, a stalker who hides in the shadows, and who knows what else... well at least it"ll be interesting."

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:15 am

Terry eyed Allen with a slightly pissed look. "Aye, me crew may be strange and quite a rag-tag bunch, but they're all very valuable.. In port we let the hierarchy's go for the most part, and they do as they damn well please. But when I say something, even in port, they respect me. And I respect all of them too. On the ship, my word is law. Now, if yer gonna be on me crew ye'll remember that. Now, enough with the serious talk, welcome to the crew mate!" Terry extended a hand across the table in a gesture of no hard feelings and the hopes of good friendship.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:21 am

OOC:

Name: She has several, but I will go with the three main ones.
Evangeline Riley Weston the Third, her birth name.
Lady Evangeline Riley Weston de Blanc, her legal name now after marrying Lord de Blanc.
The Black Widow Riley, a nickname
Evangeline Riley or just Riley for short is what she goes by.
Riley is a con artist type so she also uses many other names.

History: Ok, trying to keep this short. Riley was born to a family that was ever climbing on the chain of nobility in England. Her father became captain of his own vessel, one of the few who worked himself up from the lowly crew ranks. Riley’s mother had passed on when she was young, so she was taught and schooled by various nannies and tutors. Her best subject though was something that a lady rarely learns which was combat. She was always the type of girl who would beat up the boys in her area for fun and would get into trouble for being violent. Her father thinking that he should give in a little to her needs let her have fencing lessons from the time she was 7. Unfortunately for him the only man he could afford to hire that would train a girl was a shady fellow, Mr. Beckett, who taught Riley to do a bit more than just fence.

When she was around the age of 14 Riley went with her father, who by that time was a captain, on a voyage to the orient. During that voyage a retired former French Admiral showed interest in the girl and asked for her hand. When she reached the age of 15 she became the Admiral de Blanc’s second wife and a step mother to his son, a British naval captain (his real mother who had passed on was British). Long story short Riley had always been a bit off in the head, or perhaps rebellious is a better word. She never liked the restricting rules of normal society and found ways to get around them. And she especially was not found of her 60 year old husband or her 20 year step son, the marriage lasted only 4 months. The final straw came for her when her husband said she no longer could continue her training since it wasn’t lady like as well as his distaste for her tutor, Mr. Beckett. That was officially the admiral’s last argument with her because later on that day he found himself drunk and falling off the balcony of his home. The fall was fatal, and since it was Riley’s first murder she didn’t cover it up well enough. There was no proof, but she had been the only person with motive so they charged her with murder. Not liking prison so much Riley claimed that she was pregnant with the Admiral’s child and had a ‘doctor’s note’ to prove it. Of course the whole thing was a rouse and the doctor that came to visit her was really Mr. Beckett. She escaped leaving a trail of blood behind in the prison and a thank you note for the stay. Beckett and Riley went off to the Caribbean both turning to piracy since it was an easier shift from street crime than most things. She stayed with Beckett for another 3 years leaning what she could from him before the two had a falling out. The ship she had been on with Beckett chose him over her and left Riley in a port town. She has been wandering ever since…

Looks: Long, wavy, burgundy hair, sparkling blue eyes, 5 ft 5, slender muscular frame, but decently endowed. Very attractive, has tan skin, a few scars are dotted on her body with the two most commonly known being: a long slash on her left cheek, and a brand on her back. She also has a tattoo on her lower back. She also has one piercing on her left ear lobe. She doesn’t have any usual clothes, so I will just describe what she is wearing at the time. The only thing that she normally has is a ring with her family crest on it, and a back pack of her things from being a noble.

Equipment: A rapier, smaller cutlass, and 4 daggers, one normal sized that is on her belt, one small in her boot, one small on her leg and one usually hidden in her sleeve or bodice. She also has a pistol.

Position: She is a jack of all trades type, but isn’t overly great at one thing yet except for being a con artist/thief/spy/fighter. But because of her education she usually helps to assist both the navigators, and those who buy supplies. She has basic medical knowledge, but nothing special.

Other: Sorry it took me so long to post something, and that this is so long.

IC:

Evangeline Riley was finally awake after recovering from a very bad hang over. Yes, but it had been a quite productive night hadn’t it? Waltzing through the streets of this port town that she had come to love so dearly Riley had a hand near the small purse on her belt which was now full of newly acquired coins thanks to a merchant captain and his first mate who were tied up together in their rooms, naked. Riley knew better then to leave a man, or two, in his room with clothing on, or any of his belongings what so ever. Of course there was a limit to what she could take, but luckily for the men they only brought with them what they were carrying on their backs to port. Which as far as the inn keeper there knew Riley, the ‘cabin boy’, was bringing their things back to the ‘ship’ along with a message for the crew from their dear passed out Captain.

Of course that wasn’t what she had done because Riley wasn’t a cabin boy for that merchant ship or any other merchant ship. She was…’a woman of enterprise who seeks out opportunity’s’ or at least that is what Miss Evangeline Riley called herself. In reality she was a con artist or a pirate, but one couldn’t just rightly say that out loud now could they? Though if she did most would laugh since a female pirate was a rare thing in did, rare, but not unheard of. Never the less Riley had taken her newly acquired gifts to a certain vendor down an alley and sold them for coins. Of course she wasn’t given the best price for most of the items, but she would rather not be caught with stolen goods nor did she have use for a pair of size 10 boots.

Now to celebrate her newly acquired coin, and to perhaps look for another job offer she was headed to the local tavern, the fox something or other? She didn't remember the name, but it served rum which is what really mattered. And now of course out of her ‘cabin boy’ outfit, that now lay neatly folded in her brown satchel that was at her room in a different inn than the one she had stayed at last night, Evangeline Riley looked the part for a woman going out for a drink. She wore high laced up black boots that stopped just below her knees, a dark green skirt that stopped at her shins, a well fitted black bodice over a loose white blouse, a black captains jacket (that was perhaps a little big for her) with gold buttons, and a wide dark brown leather belt with held her rapier, and pistol. Three daggers were hidden on her person: boot, thigh, and sleeve. Her long, wavy burgundy hair fell down her back stopping just a few inches above her waist while the sides were pulled back with a single black leather string. Entering the tavern sparkling blue eyes surveyed the scene that lay before her. Nothing out of the usual caught her, drunken pirates, whores, but then suddenly there was one thing that caught her atteion. Another woman, but she dressed in men’s clothing standing by a table with other pirates. Now that was interesting. Hmm, wonder who she is? Riley thought to herself as she waltzed right up to the bar ignoring the calls that some drunkards gave whenever a female came near to them, and stepping over those who had fallen on the floor. Now looking away from the pirate woman Riley's attention went to the bar. A sweet smile passed over her lips as she reached the it looking up at the keep, “A bottle of Rum love, if ye would…” The man nodded turning away from the woman who didn’t bother taking a seat yet as she surveyed the bar once more.
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.